Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,738 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh (27241 Views)

[PHOTOS] Top Five Nollywood Movie Directors - Who Is Your Best So Far? / Van Vicker And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tonto Dike Caught Sleeping With Van Vicker! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by whiteroses(f): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
That tonto girl again? i trust Manchester, people love to teach girls like her a lesson, she should have been gang banged or slapped across the face once or twice she'll go and humble herself tongue
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by dabrake(m): 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
ogugua88:

Thank you. That's the first time I'm winning that award. I'm honored somehow.

Why wouldn't I bring it up? Most Nigerians think they're better than Ghanaians. Every time Ghana is mentioned, a lot of Nigerians become arrogant with this "we're bigger, we're better" nonsense. I seriously wonder why. Ghana has amenities for which Nigerians are begging and wishing. Tell me how Nigeria is better than Ghana. With good compelling reason, I'll drop that issue.

Sufferers of superiority complex. Someone was wrong, but that's not the issue because the Ghanaians' reaction was wrong or "wronger". It's called cause and effect. For every action there's a reaction. The truth is that maybe these Ghanaians have been looking for a reason to shaft Nigerians all this time. I'm definitely not defending their reaction. She's given them a perfect reason however. I wouldn't take verbal insults and then smoking, I repeat, smoking on my movie set lightly either.

It's okay to defend your country or your countrymen and countrywomen, but don't do so blindly. The bottom line is that she shouldn't have overreacted when being asked to rehearse with Vicker, and then overreact again when being asked to put out her cigarette. Anything that happened after that happened because of HER behavior. She gave them that audacity.
@ d green bolded, most Nigerians KNOW they are better than Ghanians. Fact spotted!!!!!!!!! they depend on artificial intelligence and i give u ma word, artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity cuz there's nothing artificial that beat the natural way
@ d red bolded, i expected d reverse 2 be d case. hw come u came up wyt such an inference? ur hypothesis is rilly biased
@ d purple bolded, hmmm! wads d matter? r u having a daydream or a nightmare? u can confide in mi. i'ld understand
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by tpia5: 1:27am On Sep 09, 2011
@ whoever was saying ghanaians are laidback and low minded.

Its not all of them, so beware of generalization.

Some are as mean and ruthless as any nigerian cultist.

The easy going demeanor is just a front when they want something.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 09, 2011
dabrake:
@ d green bolded, most Nigerians KNOW they are better than Ghanians. Fact spotted!!!!!!!!! they depend on artificial intelligence and i give u ma word, artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity cuz there's nothing artificial that beat the natural way
@ d red bolded, i expected d reverse 2 be d case. hw come u came up wyt such an inference? your hypothesis is rilly biased
@ d purple bolded, hmmm! wads d matter? r u having a daydream or a nightmare? u can confide in mi. i'ld understand

1. Well, let most Nigerians continue to know. Until we bring ourselves off that high horse, we'll continue to shame ourselves and justify it.
2. If a Nigerian is speaking against behavior of fellow Nigerians, how does that make one biased?
3. You're mad wink
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by doncampos: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2011
Nigerians this, Nigerians that. Ghana this, Ghana that. Pls stop all the B.S. The issue here is Tonto vs Van. This movie directors asking her to apologize might even be Nigerian movie directors residing in Ghana. I have seen lots of Ghanian movies with Nigerian directors and producers. With time she will do the right thing.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by jaguda(m): 7:36am On Sep 09, 2011
@ Nayah, point of Correction, Tonto Dikeh is NOT and ambassador of Nigeria, does not represent Nigeria in any way and has never been an image of Nigeria. Its like saying Yvonne Nelson is the image of Ghana, hmmm, faulty reasoning.

Van Vicker and Tonto should resolve their differences, and if the Director on set cannot work with Tonto, he shouldn't pull the Ghanaian Directors Guild into his fiasco.

don_campos:

Nigerians this, Nigerians that. Ghana this, Ghana that. Pls stop all the B.S. The issue here is Tonto vs Van. This movie directors asking her to apologize might even be Nigerian movie directors residing in Ghana. I have seen lots of Ghanian movies with Nigerian directors and producers. With time she will do the right thing.

Don, dat can't be true, a Nigerian Movie Director will know what to do.

Kajina:

My dear, I don’t see it as an issue between 2 countries and I don’t think anybody else does. The issue here is Tonto screwed up badly and she needs to own-up and apologize. Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against her. She is actually one of my favourites, and I like watching her with Van. But she also needs to get her acts together.

And whether the apology is forthcoming or not is Tonto’s decision.

Now, how did TD screw up? for confronting Van The Almighty Vicker? i have confronted my bosses several times and issues are always resolved. Has anybody ever tried to make TD see the so called screw up she did? TD should move on to other scripts, there are more important things to attend to than apologizing to VV
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2011
jaguda, that's where you make a mistake, every single star is watched and supposed to give an example, even though this utopic, this is what we're expecting, when I say "represents" you have to take it in another level not an ambassador but a Nigerian star and as a public person she suppose to behave herself

Check on these comments and you'll see what I want to say
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-751113.0.html
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2011
jaguda:

Now, how did TD screw up? for confronting Van The Almighty Vicker? i have confronted my bosses several times and issues are always resolved. Has anybody ever tried to make TD see the so called screw up she did? TD should move on to other scripts, there are more important things to attend to than apologizing to VV

Did you check the link Nayah provided you? That is the "so called" screw up she did. Now tell me if you have ever confronted any of your bosses in such a manner and you still have your job. I will not try this even once with my boss. You know why? Because my boss will surely send me home with a pink slip.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Shokoloko(f): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2011
Hmmm, I'd rather suffer of superiority complex than inferiority complex, which majority of Ghanaians suffer. When I hear nigerians go there for "better" life I wonder whether they are off their rocks. I lived there for four years and ran straight homs. I was in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ flat back then when polive came knocking. Apparently, something was stolen and being the only Nigerian in that hostel, they decided I was the thief. Imagine the shiit! Later the culprit was discovered to be a ghanaian. Did I get an apology from the Ghana police? N̶̲̥̅̊o! So fuucck them and their Ghollywood!
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Shokoloko(f): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
And another thing, anyone that doesn't like nigeria or nigerians or nigerians' attitudes should leave nairaland and go to ghanaweb.com. Mtschew!
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
So if anyone notices a bad thing about someone who's Nigerian means we don't like Nigerian, because this is a Nigerian forum he should leave  I thought it was a forum where freedom of expression was used

A lot of Nigerian themselves should leave so
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
Shokoloko:

Hmmm, I'd rather suffer of superiority complex than inferiority complex, which majority of Ghanaians suffer.

Can you tell me what is the definition of inferiority complex, and how does it apply to Ghanaians? By the way I have read several times on forums where some Nigerians say South Africans also suffer from inferiority complex. So I ask, can you give me a list of other Africans who also belong in this inferiority complex group and those who don’t?

If you don’t have anything to say to defend Tonto’s actions, don’t try changing the topic at hand to a Ghana vs Nigeria bashing. As you can see there are other Nigerians on this forum who are also arguing from my point of view and I believe they will not want to be drawn into a bashing battle between 2 countries. I am not ready for that either.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by KnowAll(m): 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
[size=18pt]What those two love birds needed was a quite room to let out some steam; I can guarantee it would be a bloooody steamy and violent session. I blame the Producer for not sourcing this out un-time.  tongue In hindsight I implore all would be Producer/ Directors to quickly hire a room in a near by hotel informing any warring parties in future to go to a private place to have a tete-tete. You would be surprise after both party have relieved themselves of the tension and their adrenalin has stop rioting it would be all smiles[/size].  grin
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by publisher(m): 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
Posted by: Kajina
Insert Quote
Quote from: Shokoloko on Today at 12:19:26 PM
Hmmm, I'd rather suffer of superiority complex than inferiority complex, which majority of Ghanaians suffer.

Can you tell me what is the definition of inferiority complex, and how does it apply to Ghanaians? By the way I have read several times on forums where some Nigerians say South Africans also suffer from inferiority complex. So I ask, can you give me a list of other Africans who also belong in this inferiority complex group and those who don’t?

If you don’t have anything to say to defend Tonto’s actions, don’t try changing the topic at hand to a Ghana vs Nigeria bashing. As you can see there are other Nigerians on this forum who are also arguing from my point of view and I believe they will not want to be drawn into a bashing battle between 2 countries. I am not ready for that either.

@ Kajiana
Africans who belong to the superiority complex group:
1. NIGERIANS
2. WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS
3. ANGOLANS
4. ARAB NORTH AFRICANS

Africans who belong to the inferiority complex group:
1. GHANAIANS
2. BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS
3.THE REST OF SUB SAHARAN AFRICA.

Dispute this, grin   grin   grin
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
Publisher, where did you get this from? sorry to tell you this, this is a very subjective and unrelevant statement, have you ever been outside Nigeria? I mean not what you hear on TV I mean visit or for professional aims? If not now I understand why you've said this
As for my experience, I can tell you Ivorians, Cameroonians ( and you should know better than anyone else because there are your neighbours and many Nigerians are living out there and they second this) Gabonese, Senegalese ( who say they're more civilsed than others Africans) don't have ANY inferiority complex trust me  smiley

Anyway that was to reply on your statement, you just have to know that every single human being will tell you is very proud tobe who he/she is you're talking about Nigeria, SA and North Africa because of their economic potential, but are you sure that a Eq Guinea which is known as being a little "paradise" for new rich people, or any Cameroonian which is very popular for his mentality strengh and patriotic spirit added to a stable land are not proud? what about Ghana and its Gold and economic growth? and many more

Please back to topic brother
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by publisher(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
Nayah,
I was just answering Kajina's question o. You oughta know by now that i dont take all these comparisms that seriously. But,i have interacted with quite a number of other Africans. Traditionally, Africans are generally proud of their heritage,regardless. However,from my very small travels,i have noticed some trends. The francofone Africans u just mentioned are proud too,but when they stand side by side with a pure french man or woman,they tend to shrink, i could be wrong tho'!!! But if you ask about Nigerians anywhere in the world,u are most likely going to hear the word(s) proud & arrogant,ok well,you may also hear 'crook' too!
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^ Publisher that's why I say as a Nigerian you should know about your very close neighbours: Cameroon which is a different way don't forget they have a complex history compare to the others!  I can second you when you said some francophone "fear" in front of a white people but again, try to see as a whole! and generations are changing the immigrants back in the 60's and those who are Europeans now are totally different

People like SENEGALESE MALIANS don't have the same relation with France for example than a country like Gabon ( Omar Bongo did almost controlled who diplomatic relations between him and his country because of oil), or Cameroon and especially Cameroon which is half English!  wink and have German mentality  wink

Back to the topic seriously without enter in this silly net war between Nigeria and Ghana, beyond on that TD is very irresponsible and this is not the first time
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by babyboy3(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ Kajiana
1. NIGERIANS
2. WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS
3. ANGOLANS
4. ARAB NORTH AFRICANS

1. GHANAIANS
2. BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS

SPOT ON
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by publisher(m): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Nayah:
Dont worry about them jare,Tonto and Vicker will sort themselves out. As a matter of fact they may already be sorting themselves out in the bedroom (cos,i'm sure thats where their quarrel,started,LOL grin )while we are here bickering over their palaver on NL.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by philip0906(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
what da hell is with all these ghana vs nigeria? undecided The solution to all these is simple. . .
1.Ghana actors and actresses should stay put in their ghollywood (abi wetin dem dey call am) and nollywood actresses and actors should stay put in nollywood
2.any nollywood actress or actor that still has eyes in ghollywood(instead of aiming 4 hollywood) should migrate and not be given roles in nollywood and any ghanain that wants a role in nollywood should migrate(i doubt if we need them undecided) and not be given roles in ghollywood
3.ghollywood films should be banned in nigeria while nollywood films should be banned in ghana(lets c who suffers it)
if tonto still wants roles in ghollywood,she should apologise and go 4 option 2 else stay put in nollywood and aim higher 4 hollywood rather than descend lower to ghollywood.simple undecided
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
lol publisher grin grin grin
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Wbong: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
i think ghanaian women are very rude. .its their men that are cool
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Shokoloko(f): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
Fine stay here. Eat, drink and sleep nairaland. This chick is prepping up so buh bye.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2011
publisher:

@ Kajiana
1. NIGERIANS
2. WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS
3. ANGOLANS
4. ARAB NORTH AFRICANS

1. GHANAIANS
2. BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS

Dispute this, grin   grin   grin

Well publisher, besides Nigeria, I am not sure if the other countries in group #1 will appreciate you labeling them as having “superiority complex” I also know some decent Nigerians who do not have superiority complex as you claim Nigerians do. By the way, what makes you think having superiority complex is something to be proud of? I think because you lack the knowledge that superiority complex is a personality disorder, and the root cause of it is the same INFERIORITY COMPLEX” which you claim the rest of Sub Saharan Africans are suffering from.

So as you can see, you ended up putting the Africans in the first group in the second group as well.

For your information, I cannot speak for the rest of the Africans in group #2 but as for Ghanaians, we don’t belong in any complex group, being it “superiority” or “inferiority”.  We are just a proud and peace loving people due to our history and achievements in Africa, which can never be taken away from us by any other African country. Haven said that, we do not look down on any other Africans, because we are all brothers and sisters.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ Publisher

For you Publisher and all those who believe they are suffering from superiority complex, and will want to be cured of this disorder I did a little research for you. Check the quote below:

“The removal of underlying inferiority complex is necessary in order to overcome superiority complex. The root cause must be removed to get rid of superiority complex. The superiority complex will be cured by treating the cause of inferiority”.

To simply put it, the only way to cure this your SUPERIORITY COMPLEX is when the root cause has been removed, which is INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Wbong: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2011
who told you ghanaians dont have superiority complex?

have u seen the way ghanaians treat liberians?
the average ghanaian treatz liberians like poo

ghanaians also think they are better than most African countries. ghanaians think they are all gentle, good n honest dont do anything bad

but i swear most of the ghanaian women I have met are so bitchy, it makes no sense
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
Wbong:

who told you ghanaians dont have superiority complex?

Wbong, Ghanaians do not have superiority complex, even Publisher confirmed that. Go back and check the list of countries in group #1 published by Publisher. Do you see Ghana on it?
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Wbong: 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
thats based on his own experience\
tis is mine
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by tpia5: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kajina:

Ghanaians do not have superiority complex,

keep deceiving yourself.

go back and read post # 162 on this thread.

i guess you're confused because you're thinking of the ones who were in nigeria during ghana's economic recession.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2011
Wbong:

i think ghanaian women are very rude. .its their men that are cool

Wbong, It seems you had a bad experience with some Ghanaian women to make you think Ghanaian women are rude, and I am sorry to hear that. But believe me, the average Ghanaian woman is not rude at all.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by tpia5: 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
nkankan ni gbogbo won tokunrin tobinrin.
Re: Apologize To Van Vicker Or Don’t Come To Ghana Movie Directors Warns Tonto Dikeh by Kajina: 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
tpia@:

keep deceiving yourself.

My dear, What I am saying is the fact, Ghanaians don't have SUPERIORITY COMPLEX. Even Publisher has confirmed that. Check on the list carefully, do you see Ghana listed on group #1 (the superiority complex group)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty And Wife Welcome Child (Photo) / Toke Makinwa Rocks Cleavage-Baring Outfit In New Photos / De General: I’m Not A Drug Trafficker, Comedian Cries After Regaining Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.