Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,709 members, 7,889,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:51 AM

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related (67012 Views)

Getting Into The UK Property Market. How To? Teach Us How To? Get In Here / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by DadR: 8:33pm On Jun 13
I appreciate your feedback, thanks a lot!

Ticha:

My biggest issues with shared ownership
1. You will pay market rate rent on the portion you don't own and this increases annually or as detailed in the agreement (usually in line with CPI)
2. You will not benefit from any rise in capital value from the share you don't own
4. When you staircase, ie buy more of the builders share, you will have to pay costs including a valuation fee and the solicitors fee for the builder.
5. Any extra you buy will be at market rate valuation.

Do the calculations and see if it works out for you. Remember the max you can buy initially is 75% and majority of developers seem to cap it at 50% initially anyway. So whichever way, you will still be paying some rent
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 4:55am On Jun 20
If you intend to reside in the United Kingdom for the foreseeable future, possibly till you reach retirement age..........

You still belong to the ''I am happy renting" school of thought...... How do you intend to pay your rent, when you retire........

Don't be like our grandpa below........

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jun/18/state-pension-rent-how-one-man-became-homeless-britain

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 5:56am On Jun 20
Lexusgs430:
If you intend to reside in the United Kingdom for the foreseeable future, possibly till you reach retirement age..........

You still belong to the ''I am happy renting" school of thought...... How do you intend to pay your rent, when you retire........

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jun/18/state-pension-rent-how-one-man-became-homeless-britain

You should have PSA bolded on your post.

Really sad outcome for the gentleman.

I'll add to your point, housing in one of the ways to build generational wealth and one of the tools used to keep black people economically poor in America compared to whites.

Read up red lining and how black people were denied home loans back and after the civil rights movements. Meanwhile, white people didn't suffer the same, were able to purchase homes which in turn they passed on their children, who then had a headstart in life.

Let's leave the typical I better pass my neighbour mentality of some nigerians, whether you chose to remain here and go home, IMO, you are duty bound so that those that come after you can build on the wealth you acquired.

Buy, if not for yourself, but for your children's sake. Home ownership is one of the major ways to build generational wealth.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by DivinegiftofGod: 8:24am On Jun 20
shaybebaby:

I'll add to your point, housing in one of the ways to build generational wealth and one of the tools used to keep black people economically poor in America compared to whites.

Read up red lining and how black people were denied home loans back and after the civil rights movements. Meanwhile, white people didn't suffer the same, were able to purchase homes which in turn they passed on their children, who then had a headstart in life.

Let's leave the typical I better pass my neighbour mentality of some nigerians, whether you chose to remain here and go home, IMO, you are duty bound so that those that come after you can build on the wealth you acquired.

Buy, if not for yourself, but for your children's sake. Home ownership is one of the major ways to build generational wealth.
Good morning sis. Here's my
I've also reached out to you with this moniker. Please check.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 8:28am On Jun 20
DivinegiftofGod:

Good morning sis. Here's my email
I've also reached out to you with this moniker. Please check.

Thank you.
Morning hun, I've noted your email..please remove it from here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by DivinegiftofGod: 8:29am On Jun 20
shaybebaby:

Ok thank you
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 8:32am On Jun 20
shaybebaby:

I get accused by many, that I am making them run a property race unnecessarily......

I tell them, when their property appreciates and starts building equity, would they give me a penny.......🤑😂

Advicing people to buy, is never for my benefit or yours......

I hope those that keep insulting me, would eventually see the light (hope it won't be too late)......😜🤣

6 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by theOneShot: 10:53am On Jun 20
Hello everyone! Does anyone know how Kenyans are treated in the UK? cry
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Wotowotoman: 5:29pm On Jun 20
theOneShot:
Hello everyone! Does anyone know how Kenyans are treated in the UK? cry

What kind of question is this? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 5:53pm On Jun 20
shaybebaby:

Hi sis
okolijudith15@gmail.com
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Wotowotoman: 5:57pm On Jun 20
Oldnairalanderb:

Hi sis
okolijudith15@gmail.com

Madam, that one don japa o. Stop wasting your time. She used you to catch cruise grin

Please go and find work and leave this begging of a thing you do with all your monikers. No food for lazy man in this world angry
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ogonsbaba: 12:39pm On Jun 21
Lexusgs430:

A good read 📚 and alot to learn about Tony Sinclair.
Will people read it? Yes.
Will some read and not adopt the lessons? Yes but they will definitely learn the hard way. Lol.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by jedisco(m): 5:10am On Jun 22
Lexusgs430:

I get accused by many, that I am making them run a property race unnecessarily......

I tell them, when their property appreciates and starts building equity, would they give me a penny.......🤑😂

Advicing people to buy, is never for my benefit or yours......

I hope those that keep insulting me, would eventually see the light (hope it won't be too late)......😜🤣

Hehe... u carry the matter for head like Gala..
Person wey tackle don free the issue

3 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Jun 22
jedisco:

Hehe... u carry the matter for head like Gala..
Person wey tackle don free the issue

Still does not change the level of accusation ........ 😂

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ukay2: 8:06am On Jun 22
Lexusgs430:

Still does not change the level of accusation ........ 😂

Rent money is dead money jare......l am so happy the numbers of home owners have increased here....lets keep it up...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Jun 22
ukay2:

Rent money is dead money jare......l am so happy the numbers of home owners have increased here....lets keep it up...

Glad when people take the plunge, and buy their own properties......

Why do you want to continually pay your landlord's mortgage, when you leave the property, the landlord wants to inherit your deposit (by fire, by force)........

You pay rent of £30,000, zero % equity appreciation heading your direction, you cannot hang your television on the wall (if holes not already present), when your children paint the walls with crayon(your blood pressure is elevated), when carpet is stained(you start suffering from tachycardia)......🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ukay2: 10:45am On Jun 22
Lexusgs430:

Glad when people take the plunge, and buy their own properties......

Why do you want to continually pay your landlord's mortgage, when you leave the property, the landlord wants to inherit your deposit (by fire, by force)........

You pay rent of £30,000, zero % equity appreciation heading your direction, you cannot hang your television on the wall (if holes not already present), when your children paint the walls with crayon(your blood pressure is elevated), when carpet is stained(you start suffering from tachycardia)......🤣😂

Its always good to work towards home ownership.....
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 10:48am On Jun 22
Oldnairalanderb:

Hi sis
okolijudith15@gmail.com
Check your email sis.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 11:05am On Jun 22
shaybebaby:

Check your email sis.

I've checked okolijudith15@gmail.com I didn't see anything. Please drop yours let me mail you
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 11:06am On Jun 22
shaybebaby:

Check your email sis.

I've checked my okolijudith15@gmail.com I didn't see anything from you. Please drop yours let me mail you
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 11:17am On Jun 22
[quote author=Oldnairalanderb post=130602210]

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 11:42am On Jun 22
shaybebaby:

Okay seen take down
Thank you
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 11:46am On Jun 22
[quote author=Oldnairalanderb post=130602636][/quote]
Have you mailed me? I keep checking but have not seen anything.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 11:52am On Jun 22
shaybebaby:

Okay seen take down
Thank you

Network is very bad please take down your email
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Oldnairalanderb: 11:53am On Jun 22
shaybebaby:

Have you mailed me? I keep checking but have not seen anything.

Network is very bad . Will mail you now

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by shaybebaby(f): 11:53am On Jun 22
Oldnairalanderb:

Network is very bad please take down your email
Done already. Speak soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / The Top Ten Tallest Buildings In Nigeria 2015 / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.