Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,191 members, 7,974,028 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:51 PM

Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please (14067 Views)

Nairaland Civil Engineers Who Are Already Making It Big / Architects, Civil Engineers, Builders -See This. / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by africanusvu(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
abusurv:
Use a surveyor in setting out the structural drawings of the bridge at every point even the nut and bolt. This will help a long way in avoiding mistakes and blunders. This from surveyor perceptive of construction
this is about bridge and not just building,we don't dig foundation here with labourers per partition we rather do pilling with drilling machine at depth not less than 50metrs(160feet)below ground level
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by hardbody: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
we can work together sir, I am a survey department, I have such construction experience. For more info here is my line 0.7.0.8.0.8.1.1.4.5.5

Really? you are a survey department but you are more into gardening, etc.

When una build death trap una go rest.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Googleus(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
I guess you are talking of culvert.
You can construct a bridge in 3 months due to necessary tests and requirements...
Anyway, let me not argue, this is naija..
If the site location is close to kogi, I can always come to give u physical briefs every weekend on what to expect that week at a cost..
Site condition, topography, soil type, linking road, steel detailings etc will make remote guidance useless..

WhatsApp 0.8.0.3.6.2.0.4.7.4.1
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by kalu61(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
PROPEACE:

Foreman to construct a bridge? Must you guys always contribute to every discourse?
You lack comprehension. I foreman with years of experience in road construction firm can supervise a bridge.

You think all the Lebanese around are engineers?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by PROPEACE: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2023
kalu61:
You lack comprehension. I foreman with years of experience in road construction firm can supervise a bridge.

You think all the Lebanese around are engineers?

Oga attend to your ignorance and ignore my comprehension skills which as far as I am concerned is perfect! You said patronising a foreman is better that using an experienced engineer. That is quite slow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Upnu: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Im interested in working with u or providing any assist u would need remotely. I've worked with Setraco Nig. Ltd. and the Federal Ministry of Works on contract basis. I have an ND in civil engineering.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ayoslimzy:
Bro I’m studying civil engineering in school and I don’t know what im doing..can I see work with third class?

Omo e reach to ask oh.

3rd class done dey many this days God Abeg
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by LagosLMIS: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
The Lagos State Government is introducing a Labour Market Information System that will provide job seekers with up-to-date information on the skills that are in demand in the local labor market. We would like jobseekers (employed, unemployed, underemployed, freelancer) to fill in this survey via this link:

https://www.research.net/r/9YD7QC2

Your participation in this survey will be very much appreciated and your responses will be kept confidential. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your input is greatly appreciated.

PS: Only Lagos State Residents should fill this survey.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Thomasankara(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2023
[/color] grin grin wink[color=#770077]
nairadatti:
what if these people collect work from your hand ,mumu
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Officialgarri: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2023
africanusvu:
this is about bridge and not just building,we don't dig foundation here with labourers per partition we rather do pilling with drilling machine at depth not less than 50metrs(160feet)below ground level
I am not a surveyor but you see anything that has to do with road and bridge construction, you need a surveyor 80% of the time or you will fail in accuracy.

Secondly, not all bridges require piling and I don't need you to argue this.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by africanusvu(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2023
Officialgarri:
I am not a surveyor but you see anything that has to do with road and bridge construction, you need a surveyor 80% of the time or you will fail in accuracy.

Secondly, not all bridges require piling and I don't need you to argue this.
, Never said surveyor isn't nedded in bridge technology but ur 80% i am not aware, meanwhile,in as much as u call it bridge and not culvert,how do u get ur foundation without pilling,do u dig?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Karlifate: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2023
MarveworldG:
If you have supervised building project, it's an added advantage, here is the thing: you are definitely not the one who prepared the Civil engineering design(I'm sure you know that this is different from architectural design of project) and structural analysis of the bridge. If you can decode/read what's in the paper then you are good to go.

The guys that could expose your inexperience are those surveyors at site (especially during piers alignment), be smart with those guys

Exactly! grin

The Quantity Surveyors will expose his yansh.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Karlifate: 10:56am On Jan 23, 2023
Bigseven:
in construction we don’t manage resources because any substandard work will lead to lost of lives and destinies so adhere strictly to first comment instructions. REMEMBER A GOOD NAME IS BETTER THAN SILVER AND GOLD. build your name. We are fixing this county and it has started with you already. My hearty cheers to you.

In summary: Safety first.

That's the motto.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by visaclick: 6:14am On Jan 26, 2023
Mulatta:
Based on the bridge design, check YouTube or Google you will definitely find something.
Cheers
na lie oh this is tech or your regular coders and programmers bragging on YouTube tutorials. I assure you there's nothing about civil/structural engineering on YouTube. Those thizck accent guys there forming one thing are just generating views via click baits.

Bridge construction is actually the easiest compared to building construction, however unlike building construction there's alot of tests to be carried out simultaneously and you don't want to work outside those parameters.

First thing first, he needs the complete designs and detailing sheets of the proposed bridge, everything he needs to do is usually clearly stated in the drawings, all he should do is carry them out. Ok
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by visaclick: 6:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Upnu:
Im interested in working with u or providing any assist u would need remotely. I've worked with Setraco Nig. Ltd. and the Federal Ministry of Works on contract basis. I have an ND in civil engineering.
did you by any chance attend auchi poly? If yes then @op give this guy a try. Setraco is one of the best indigenous construction company that has been around since the 70s and still I'm business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Review On Cflead. Got Msg From Them For An Interview On Monday. / Effective Career Planning; What Are Your Plans For 2012? / How To Tell A Dominant, Overbearing Or Rude Coworker To Shut The Hell Up At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.