Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,330 members, 7,891,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You (62252 Views)

What Would U Do When A Girl/lady Older Than You Start Hitting On You Hard / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? / Lady Older Than The Man In Marriage,does It Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
I personally see nothing wrong with this.  But what you have to be sure of is how well she can manage it.  You seem to think it all starts and ends with you.  What of if she'll find it difficult submitting to you (a potentially younger brother).   I believe she's the one to be asking herself all the questions.  Of course, you'll want to be the man of the house and the head of the family.  Even though I personally believe that has to do with responsibility in the home and not your age.  But nowadays, some ladies even find it hard submitting to their husband who is far older than them.

So you really have to study her and be sure she's the type who will want to respect you and keep it that way in the future despite the fact that she's older than you.  Considering the fact that in our culture, we naturally expect some respect from someone of the younger age and at the same time, marriage demands that the lady should submit to the husband.  You can understand her dilemma with all these things already in her subconscious before you met her.

So, its not that easy.  I use to be in that shoe before I got married.  Despite all the affection and  blind love (you know some love doesn't just make sense), eventually the lady realized and left.  If I had listened to the voice of wisdom, the relationship would have ended much earlier.  But by the time this lady realized and left, I have become too attached and had my heart broken.

Thank God, I handled it well and today I thank God every time I remember how the whole affair ended.

To sum it all up. Just be careful. Don't take things on the surface. Dig deep.  Observe. Make sure you know who you're dealing with.

Cheers
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kistehsia(f): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
My advice to the OP is if you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, then do so! However if you have doubts, not a good idea, And do yourself a favor, do what YOU want to do, not what you think others want you to do,

BTW I am older then my Man and he wishes to spend the rest of his life with me, I am older then he and I am white, He does not give A RATS A&^% what others think, it is our relationship and no others opinion matters to him or I. There will always be someone who thinks it taboo, but you need to do what you feel is right for you and your partner.

When it comes to genuine love you can't tell your heart who to fall in love with, it just happens!

kistehsia
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by samyng(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ POSTER THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU HAVE NOT REALLY SAID EVERYTHING, AS I FEEL THAT SHE FEELS YOU HAVE USED HER ENOUGH AND YOU ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT MARRIAGE,  I HOPE YOU HAVE NOT PROMISED TO MARRY HER SOME TIME IN THE PAST AND SHE WAITED FOR YOU BECOS OF THAT.

ALSO DO LET US KNOW HOW MANY YEARS YOU HAVE STAYED WITH THIS GIRL .

ALSO IT WOULD BE VERY BAD TO JUST DUMP HER LIKE THAT,  THAT WOULD BE UNFAIR,  JUST BE WISE IN YOUR DECISION AND ASK GOD TO DIRECT YOU. ALSO NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO PRAY ABOUT THIS COS YOU HAVE BEEN INTIMATE WITH HER FOR A WHILE NOW. YOU NEED TO TALK TO HER AND COMPLAIN TO HER ABT HER ATTITUDE I.E THE THREAT AS THAT'S THE ONLY THING AM NOT OKAY WITH
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kossydiba(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2011
my bro, it depends on ur choice. If u hv true luv 4 her, u can marry her. Age is jst a number
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by God2man(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
Why didn't you tell us how many times you have slept with her so that we can know what to say? God2man.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MikkyT1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dude, all i gotta say is if you guys do really understand yourself then you guyz are good to go, But put it at the back of your mind that irrespective of the age your are the Husband and she is the wife, think i dont need to explain this further for you, goodluck
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by basadenet: 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
If you are from a Yoruba Race, please do not try it, but if from others you can go ahead, so far you love her. Really age difference is nothing but from this part of the world is a serious issue. My advice, go with your mind. wish u luck.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Russialane(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
why are you just realising now that she is older than you i bet you are looking for an excuse to dump her now, because if you truly love this girl there will not have been a second thought on your mind to even consider her being older than you,
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Youngng(m): 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2011
LOL, God punish satan, You need to make her happy so that so doesn't suspect you, then run as far away as possible.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by nezpablo: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
Wel,u have bleeped d girl too much!she's got no pride left now u are givin an excuse.wether they are right or wrong,u are responsible 4 ur past nd may hunt u til u die,u re nt lucky!
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by fyomer: 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
claremont (m):

[size=16pt][CHURCH OF ATHEISM, HER MAJESTY'S COUNTRY.][/size]

1. Yes, it is right to marry someone older than you.

2. No, it is wrong to marry a desperadoe.

In my opinion, grab your boots and flee from SATAN! Cool

[size=16pt]Ha,ha,ha.Some people now believe in some BEIGNS existance.[/size]
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by fyomer: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
marry her.now!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Ejiuka: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
why must it be you,does it mean you have big penis or what,direct her to me,i will give her my friend that needs a desperate girl like her.for real
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sley4life(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
haboosa:

@ poster , i know definitely from all your replies on this post both of u has gone a long way, please before i advice you on this post i will like you to answer this few questions
1. when did the relationship start?
2.when did you know she is older than you?
3.how many times you ve slept with her before you know the age diff?
4.how many tymes you ve slept with her after you notice the age diff?
5. what were you thinking when you are on her when you've notice the age diff?(banging your elder sis? undecided?)
answers to the above questions will form my opinion on this topic so answer now
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
-we have dated for 4yrs.
-The first 2 yrs wasnt serious as you have to take time to understand each other.
- I knew she was older than me at the last half when I gave her some dough to do her International passport. Though I didnt really take a look at the passport until when there was an event that needed her passport.
- When I noticed the age difference I overlooked it at first until she started making a reference atto it when we have a lil misunderstanding that she is older than me bla bla bla
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by japhet2233: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
oboy marry her oooo age is nothing
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Galaxy7: 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
Yah,samy is right.dear poster how old is this relationship?
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Tosinville(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
Japhet2233

sorry bro age is something o!, why don't u go put a grandma of 64yrs in your house as wife then if age is nothing to you?
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kistehsia(f): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
@sley4life

First question, Is she going off at you in the misunderstanding using the excuse she is older then you so you should listen to her?  If so that is wrong, regardless of the age difference you are the MAN!  Respect is a must , that behavior would not should not be tolerated, I don't care that I am older then my Man he is head of the relationship and always deserves my respect, admiration and loyalty, And no I am not saying beat her!!!!  If however she is insecure about the age difference, instead of saying blah blah blah, you may try reassuring her, Or you have simply grown tired and bored with her regardless of her age and are seriously thinking of moving on, if this is the case then I suggest you do and don't drag it on any further, it would not be fare to do so!

kistehsia
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kosoro: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
kistehsia:

@sley4life

First question, Is she going off at you in the misunderstanding using the excuse she is older then you so you should listen to her?  If so that is wrong, regardless of the age difference you are the MAN!  Respect is a must , that behavior would not should not be tolerated, I don't care that I am older then my Man he is head of the relationship and always deserves my respect, admiration and loyalty, And no I am not saying beat her!!!!  If however she is insecure about the age difference, instead of saying blah blah blah, you may try reassuring her, Or you have simply grown tired and bored with her regardless of her age and are seriously thinking of moving on, if this is the case then I suggest you do and don't drag it on any further, it would not be fare to do so!

kistehsia

[size=14pt]You nailed it![/size]
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MrsChima1(f): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
I can see it now.

A young Nigerian man going to parents' house introducing Grandma. The parents are going to be so happy! lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by kistehsia(f): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hello Mrs.Chima,

Hope you have a wonderful evening.

kistehsia
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by hassymo5(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dont marry her, cos she will control you, you can see from the threats she is making, she will always tell you that she is older than you when it comes to decision taken, be careful wit women they are like chameloens they change at any time, a word is enough for the wise!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by hassymo5(m): 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dont marry her, cos she will control you, you can see from the threats she is making, she will always tell you that she is older than you when it comes to decision taken, be careful wit women they are like chameloens they change at any time, a word is enough for the wise!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2011
A friend (Nigerian) is planing marriage with a woman 11yrs older than him . Irritating n nasty 25/36 smh
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by PHILEOLOVE(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
The truth is if you will respect her enough to behave as a matured man in the relationship or else you will blame yourself.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by emmatok(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
@OP,

Don't marry her, or else you will regret it.

She doesn't love you, she is just desperate to get married.

With all those threats, she will unleash hell on you.

Better run away now!!!
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Merc: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
The threats from her is an indicator of what you will face later on in the marriage. You are going to be a boy boy. Lol.
grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by woetooam4j: 12:15am On Sep 09, 2011
I know older women give better BJs than the younger ones and the sex is better too, because of experience and confidence

As for marrying someone older that you, well, sorry, that is not my area of expertise. I just sow my oats and move on.

I love the kind of life wey I dey live o . . .
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by TYM1(m): 12:36am On Sep 09, 2011
Looking @ this issue psychologically, the lady n question hv invested so much n u, i want to admonish u to settle with her amicably cos know u hv deceived her, pls tell her u hv been deceiving her and beg her , Take ur mum and ur siblings and beg her. Because it is unfair for u to dump her after sleeping with her and spending her money. If she curses u naked it will work. u know u dont like her bt u r bound by her commitments so go make restitution! I wish u goodluck!
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by MrsChima1(f): 12:46am On Sep 09, 2011
LMAO@Grandmas giving BJ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guess well aged toto give better pleasure huh? lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by emmatok(m): 1:55am On Sep 09, 2011
@TYM:

Looking @ this issue psychologically, the lady n question hv invested so much n u, i want to admonish u to settle with her amicably cos know u hv deceived her, pls tell her u hv been deceiving her and beg her , Take your mum and your siblings and beg her. Because it is unfair for u to dump her after sleeping with her and spending her money. If she curses u Unclad it will work. u know u dont like her bt u r bound by her commitments so go make restitution! I wish u goodluck!

MAN what are you smoking. grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by joe4christ(m): 2:49am On Sep 09, 2011
Man,
Sincerely if u marry this girl your own don finish be that,
That is to say (YOU'RE A GUNNER)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am In Love With A Married Woman Who Runs A Spa In Lekki / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. / I Dont Want To Hurt My Jobless Boyfriend again for My Bestie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.