Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,587 members, 7,978,953 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:30 PM

How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s (72268 Views)

This Advert On Nairaland : Lamore Shoes, Should We Beware? / Check Out What Smart Investors Did In The 90's You Can Learn From. / What Is NOT Wrong With This Advert By Infonet Telecoms Technologies (intts)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Ikem11(m): 7:35am On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

It's a scam but not a scam. It's a form gambling meaning that it is rigged in such a way that your chances of winning is very remote.

Not true . There was exactly amount of D as the number of the cars . Issue is that they know many caps will not be open before the promo runs. And also the way it was distributed across the country
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lexy2014: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2023
Ikem11:

Not true . There was exactly amount of D as the number of the cars . Issue is that they know many caps will not be open before the promo runs. And also the way it was distributed across the country

What's the difference between what you have said and what I said? Is that not rigging?
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by wildikeman(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2023
Conner44:
Omo grin I remember this promo. It was the ‘shiznit’ that year. It ran for almost a full year. Diabetes wey hold people then because of daewoo racer ehn . . . That ride was on point waaaaay back then

Bottle cover full boys pockets dey jingle anyhow yet no daewoo racer for garage cry

Or Daewoo expero

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Ikem11(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

What's the difference between what you have said and what I said? Is that not rigging?

How is that "rigging" it seems you don't know the diff between "strategy" and "rigging"
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by pek(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
EriMma1:

My dad bought me a short /nicar knicker beach wear then with pics of Fido Dido surfing and chilling at the beach. I loved it! I used to wear it everyday until my mom began to chase me back to go and wear other clothes. Hahaha..
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Hayfield26: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
I can never forget this promo, I was very close to winning. I couldn't find only D eventually. It was so painful. Wanted to win it for my parents then!

sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

We drank 7up overdose and were picking up 7up cover everywhere we go. Lol
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lexy2014: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2023
Ikem11:

How is that "rigging" it seems you don't know the diff between "strategy" and "rigging"

Pls tell me the difference and tell me how it is different from what I said
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sp2015: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2023
sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

Yes. One of my teacher in secondary school won the car. But he later die of car accident. He and his friends had an accident with the same car he won. So sad. His name is mr Atolagbe
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Ikem11(m): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls tell me the difference and tell me how it is different from what I said
Rigging is when you altered a result of something.

Strategy in the other hand is a planned policy to achieve a result .

So tell me again how 7up rigged that promo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lexy2014: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Ikem11:

Are you aware that a word can have several meanings?
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by RillJ(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2023
The scam don tey oooo!
Na Cola Cola start am that year with N1m prize wey no known soul ever win.

MTN add am millennium flavour push the winning prize to Aeroplan

Nija lottery and proximate scam biko
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lexy2014: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2023
Ikem11:

Even your definition of rigging is wrong. You erroneously believe that rigging is only associated with election
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Ykc2(m): 8:27am On Apr 20, 2023
kernniejay:
My brother tried to win that Daewoo Racer that year but for where? 7Up take us shine those times. Imagine, I dont think I will accept that Daewoo if somebody offers me freely today grin
today daewoo is know world wide ,just like in the 80s we were laughing at samsung and LG televisions but today they number one ,your types are the problem with nigeria you don't produce anything yet your choosing the one you will accept
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Uncleodi(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2023
Mindlog:
I think it was the letter D that was very hard to get.🤣🤣😆

I heard from a reliable source that they made sure that the letter D was never printed nor circulated.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Solkem: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2023
I won a crate of mineral that was in I think in 1994

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by nony43(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Asgard13:

Honda prelude … one door grin

Early 90’s make so much sense .. life was easy and cool..

I mean all over the world then..

80’s no too sweet like early 90’s

Life goes on bro

Nigeria is sweet but na politicians spoil am.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lexy2014: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2023
Uncleodi:

I heard from a reliable source that they made sure that the letter D was never printed nor circulated.

That's the whole idea. If they made easy, how will they make their money? It's the same way betting companies operate

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by hoopejoy: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2023
The song still rings in my head any time I see a Daewoo... " My brother, 7Up do good o. If you drink am, you fit win Daewoo racer...." Great old days!
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Asine: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2023
sameoldguy:

Good old days! We got a lot of free drinks then.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by lereinter(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Ovasize:

Bros You don old grin grin grin

Everyday people grow older na 😛

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Asine: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Dannyrayz:
That year i gathered canter full sack thinking i can spell something and win but to no avail

Lol @ Counter , that what we called the drink lids in those days .
Very useful for counting in arithmetics.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by JaystitchesEmpi: 10:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Did you know TimeArena is running a Gentleman's sales on all-male wristwatches?

They are giving a massive price splash on all their male wristwatches and the sales is ending on Saturday.

Click on the link below to see what they have for you👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7167075/sell-quality-wristwatches-only/13#down
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by SkyFi: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2023
One drinks dealer in our area won it. But we still had suspisions that it was arangee
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by SkyFi: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2023
I dey tell you, 7up you do good oo!! If you drink am, you fit win daewoo racer ooo , i dey tell you, 7up Do good oo.

Lus-coco wetin dey sweet for your belle?

na 7up, 22, twenty two! daewoo racer with harmattan na hin 7up dey dash people now !!

Just take 7up, pepse , crush cover take am spell D-A E- We - U - u !! Daewoo!!!

Oh I drink 7up that year to win this daewoo

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Mbenny(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2023
I won a crate of 7up drink. spelling with 3 crowns, when i went to redeem my wining from their truck distributor, they cheated me by giving me a 7up plastic cup instead of a crate of 7up drink.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by nairamaniac: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2023
Asgard13:

Honda prelude … one door grin

Early 90’s make so much sense .. life was easy and cool..

I mean all over the world then..

80’s no too sweet like early 90’s

Life goes on bro
Life has always gotten harder and harder each year that went by in Nigeria. You can only say it's soooo damn hard now that *it makes the 90's look easy.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by naniawini(f): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
What about the era of we all speak football

Coca-Cola
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by thuxzwda1: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
aieromon:

Fido Dido scammed me.

That's why he has 7 strands of hair on his head.......abi e pass 7 grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Rinoxy: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
Asine:

Lol @ Counter , that what we called the drink lids in those days .
Very useful for counting in arithmetics.
I saw what you did there. wink
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by kay29000(m): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Josbreed:
It happened back then in1991/92, we also gathered AEWOO, but never got D.

Can you remember the one from the late 80s, where you had to gather animals...i think Zebra or Buffalo was the hardest to get. I can't remember much, i was quite young. I think it was Sprite that was doing it.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by kay29000(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
Richy4:
I didn't remember this one.. the one I remembered as a kid then... I can't tell if it was 7UP or Sprite that ran that promo..

They drew all kinds of Animals under the Bottle Cap.. Anyone that discovered Eagle would be given a car...Our teacher was so patient with us those days.each time we get to school,we will ask her the name of the animal that we got .. That was how I got to know Llama cheesy

I remember this...it was back in the late 80s, and it was Sprite doing it.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by kay29000(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
EriMma1:

My dad bought me a short /knicker beach wear then with pics of Fido Dido surfing and chilling at the beach. I loved it! I used to wear it everyday until my mom began to chase me back to go and wear other clothes. Hahaha..

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Wedding Cake Of Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar (Photos) / What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.