Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120753 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:35am On Apr 29, 2008
The message from God says "IF ONLY THEY WILL HONOUR MY MOTHER" please each day even if we are weak to say the full Rosary, just an hail Mary at least.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Catherine of Siena (1347-1380)

The value Catherine makes central in her short life and which sounds clearly and consistently through her experience is complete surrender to Christ. What is most impressive about her is that she learns to view her surrender to her Lord as a goal to be reached through time.

She was the 23rd child of Jacopo and Lapa Benincasa and grew up as an intelligent, cheerful and intensely religious person. Catherine disappointed her mother by cutting off her hair as a protest against being overly encouraged to improve her appearance in order to attract a husband. Her father ordered her to be left in peace and she was given a room of her own for prayer and meditation.

She entered the Dominican Third Order at 18 and spent the next three years in seclusion, prayer and austerity. Gradually a group of followers gathered around her—men and women, priests and religious. An active public apostolate grew out of her contemplative life. Her letters, mostly for spiritual instruction and encouragement of her followers, began to take more and more note of public affairs. Opposition and slander resulted from her mixing fearlessly with the world and speaking with the candor and authority of one completely committed to Christ. She was cleared of all charges at the Dominican General Chapter of 1374.

Her public influence reached great heights because of her evident holiness, her membership in the Dominican Third Order, and the deep impression she made on the pope. She worked tirelessly for the crusade against the Turks and for peace between Florence and the pope

In 1378, the Great Schism began, splitting the allegiance of Christendom between two, then three, popes and putting even saints on opposing sides. Catherine spent the last two years of her life in Rome, in prayer and pleading on behalf of the cause of Urban VI and the unity of the Church. She offered herself as a victim for the Church in its agony. She died surrounded by her "children."

Catherine ranks high among the mystics and spiritual writers of the Church. In 1970 Paul VI named her and Teresa of Avila as doctors of the Church. In recent years, it has been suggested that she (among other possibilities) should be named patron of the Internet. Her spiritual testament is found in The Dialogue.

Catherine's book Dialogue contains four treatises—her testament of faith to the spiritual world. She wrote, "No one should judge that he has greater perfection because he performs great penances and gives himself in excess to the staying of the body than he who does less, inasmuch as neither virtue nor merit consists therein; for otherwise he would be an evil case, who for some legitimate reason was unable to do actual penance. Merit consists in the virtue of love alone, flavored with the light of true discretion without which the soul is worth nothing."
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2008
~Lady~:

Thanks!!!!

Guys I was a bit sad today. I woke up almost with tears in my eyes.
Today was supposed to be my graduation, but God had other plans for me. cry
But let his will be done.

But on a lighter note. My birthday is two weeks from today (sunday). I'm so excited, counting down and looking forward to my surprise.

14 days to go.

~lady~, it is comforting that you understand how God works and that we are to conform to His will.
that way, our present tears and sorrows will always lead to joy and peace (peace like no man can give).

take heart and know we are with you every step of the way.
i say to you Dominus Vobiscum

yes, He is with you indeed!!! wink wink

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2008
eagleroland:

Glory to Jesus! Very interesting posts on this thread. I want to clarify some things. If Catholics are a cult, that means all churches are cultists because all churches broke away from the Catholic Church. I am a Catholic, a very proud one, a Charismatic, a sanctuary of the Living God and a prophetic intercessor. I have no regrets and no complaints. I also have nothing to say about all the people insulting Catholics. May the Lord open our eyes to see, our ears to hear and our hearts to understand the things that are important.

eagle, we all know that the church isn't a cult and we care less about what others think, what matters is what God thinks! so welcome bros and never mind the distractions because that's what they are!  wink
we are all proud of our faith, it's our prayer that God will help us preserve it!

viee, your parish not allowing the booking of mass is quite unbelievable, i think it's done at the beggining of the year. meaning if you don't book it then, you won't have the opportunity to do so again, i know quite a number of parishes that operate such policy. well i don't think it's a good one, but then the parish priest should know better!
As for translating your movie, gee, i didn't say i could speak in Zulu, i only know the meaning of my namewink wink

Oby, i could see you've given me another name! no problem i shall accept it, all  i need do is add it to the already numerous names of mine cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lady, never mind ok, carl has said it all! always look on the bright side of life!

Have fun all  wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2008
Oby1:

The message from God says "IF ONLY THEY WILL HONOUR MY MOTHER" please each day even if we are weak to say the full Rosary, just say one hail Mary at least.

True talk sis!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by eagleroland(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
God bless you my brethren. The Spirit is one. I appreciate the warm reception.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by eagleroland(m): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
We are prepared to call men and women of God 'Daddy' and 'Mummy'. Why then can we not call our dear mother Mary 'Mummy?'. I try to say the rosary everyday or at least one Hail Mary. It is all ad majorem dei gloriam. Peace!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
eagleroland:

God bless you my brethren. The Spirit is one. I appreciate the warm reception.

bless you too wink

Lindiwe:

viee, your parish not allowing the booking of mass is quite unbelievable, i think it's done at the beggining of the year. meaning if you don't book it then, you won't have the opportunity to do so again, i know quite a number of parishes that operate such policy. well i don't think it's a good one, but then the parish priest should know better!

Momsie actually booked the Mass, it will be said moro morn. . .

Lindiwe:

As for translating your movie, gee, i didn't say i could speak in Zulu, i only know the meaning of my name! wink wink

cry cry cry cry cry cry kidding

Pam and Carl hope u guys will not do this weddn without us ooo
where uan dey naw?

Oby, saw the offline today, hp u had a good day at work?

nite all kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2008
~lady~, it is comforting that you understand how God works and that we are to conform to His will.
that way, our present tears and sorrows will always lead to joy and peace (peace like no man can give).

take heart and know we are with you every step of the way.
i say to you Dominus Vobiscum

yes, He is with you indeed!!!

Yes he is with me indeed.

Let me have a recap of my trial thus far this year.

On February 10th I was involved in a car crash that nearly took my life. The mercy of God let me survive. The outcome, I got closer to my mother, I got an angel (my bf, hehe), I got a much needed rest.
I returned to school only to see that I had missed so much already and couldn't catch up. My body gave out when I attempted to attend class, so I had to go back home. I accepted that I wouldn't graduate on April 27th 2008. The outcome, I got a much longer time to look for a job in my career field (there's a twist to this coming up) and a second chance in my classes.
My mother was admitted for surgery, well the outcome, she got a much needed rest, lol
Well here's the news, I just found out that in two months my position at work will be terminated. At least they gave me two months to look for a job. I just can't wait to see how God's glory will be revealed in this.

Is it ok to cry?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2008
~Lady~:

Yes he is with me indeed.

Let me have a recap of my trial thus far this year.

On February 10th I was involved in a car crash that nearly took my life. The mercy of God let me survive. The outcome, I got closer to my mother, I got an angel (my boyfriend, hehe), I got a much needed rest.
I returned to school only to see that I had missed so much already and couldn't catch up. My body gave out when I attempted to attend class, so I had to go back home. I accepted that I wouldn't graduate on April 27th 2008. The outcome, I got a much longer time to look for a job in my career field (there's a twist to this coming up) and a second chance in my classes.
My mother was admitted for surgery, well the outcome, she got a much needed rest, lol
Well here's the news, I just found out that in two months my position at work will be terminated. At least they gave me two months to look for a job. I just can't wait to see how God's glory will be revealed in this.

Is it ok to cry?

hey ~lady~, what can i say to you? the glory of God surely will be revealed in all of these. sure i can take time out to
tell you my personal travails within the last two years: i've had to battle homelessness in lagos since last year not just for me but also for my mum and siblings. landlords forcing rent up to the skies made us resolve to get a place of our own and meanwhile where do we live? i moved out of my abode and in with my mum in march and concentrated all efforts on the building. at every point in time we kept praying (especially to the sacred heart of Jesus and immaculate heart of Mary).

Now the turning point:
1. i miraculously got a new and better job this month (thanks to some angels on this thread wink) ,
2. we are moving into the new house tomorrow, and
3. the greatest of all is that everybody is hale and hearty, what with all the work (manual and otherwise) that we all did through the construction (you need to see and feel my palms and pray i don't ever slap you grin)

so, sis all's well. it is all "ad majorem gloriam Dei" --  "to the greater glory of God " as St ignatius of loyola used to say.

and finally, it is okay to cry wink

Dominus Vobiscum.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by kamsi(f): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2008
I just stumbled on this trend, well this is nice. But I need a praying Partner especially the rosary, why I need such a partner is so I would be motivated to pray more.

So if any one is availiable holla at me and we will device how to say our rosary everyday.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:48am On Apr 30, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Pius V (1504-1572)

This is the pope whose job was to implement the historic Council of Trent. If we think recent popes have had difficulties in implementing Vatican Council II, Pius V had even greater problems after that historic council more than four centuries ago.

During his papacy (1566-1572), Pius V was faced with the almost overwhelming responsibility of getting a shattered and scattered Church back on its feet. The family of God had been shaken by corruption, by the Reformation, by the constant threat of Turkish invasion and by the bloody bickering of the young nation-states. In 1545 a previous pope convened the Council of Trent in an attempt to deal with all these pressing problems. Off and on over 18 years, the Church Fathers discussed, condemned, affirmed and decided upon a course of action. The Council closed in 1563.

Pius V was elected in 1566 and was charged with the task of implementing the sweeping reforms called for by the Council. He ordered the founding of seminaries for the proper training of priests. He published a new missal, a new breviary, a new catechism and established the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD) classes for the young. Pius zealously enforced legislation against abuses in the Church. He patiently served the sick and the poor by building hospitals, providing food for the hungry and giving money customarily used for the papal banquets to poor Roman converts. His decision to keep wearing his Dominican habit led to the custom of the pope wearing a white cassock.

In striving to reform both Church and state, Pius encountered vehement opposition from England's Queen Elizabeth and the Roman Emperor Maximilian II. Problems in France and in the Netherlands also hindered Pius's hopes for a Europe united against the Turks. Only at the last minute was he able to organize a fleet which won a decisive victory in the Gulf of Lepanto, off Greece, on October 7, 1571.

Pius's ceaseless papal quest for a renewal of the Church was grounded in his personal life as a Dominican friar. He spent long hours with his God in prayer, fasted rigorously, deprived himself of many customary papal luxuries and faithfully observed the Dominican Rule and its spirit.

"In this universal assembly, in this privileged point of time and space, there converge together the past, the present, and the future. The past: for here, gathered in this spot, we have the Church of Christ with her tradition, her history, her Councils, her doctors, her saints; the present: we are taking leave of one another to go out toward the world of today with its miseries, its sufferings, its sins, but also with its prodigious accomplishments, values, and virtues; and the future is here in the urgent appeal of the peoples of the world for more justice, in their will for peace, in their conscious or unconscious thirst for a higher life, that life precisely which the Church of Christ can give and wishes to give to them" (from Pope Paul's closing message at Vatican II).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2008
Carlosein:

hey ~lady~, what can i say to you? the glory of God surely will be revealed in all of these. sure i can take time out to
tell you my personal travails within the last two years: i've had to battle homelessness in lagos since last year not just for me but also for my mum and siblings. landlords forcing rent up to the skies made us resolve to get a place of our own and meanwhile where do we live? i moved out of my abode and in with my mum in march and concentrated all efforts on the building. at every point in time we kept praying (especially to the sacred heart of Jesus and immaculate heart of Mary).

Now the turning point:
1. i miraculously got a new and better job this month (thanks to some angels on this thread wink) ,
3. the greatest of all is that everybody is hale and hearty, what with all the work (manual and otherwise) that we all did through the construction (you need to see and feel my palms and pray i don't ever slap you grin)

so, sis all's well. it is all "ad majorem gloriam Dei" -- "to the greater glory of God " as St ignatius of loyola used to say.

Dominus Vobiscum.

Lady you can see that Carlos has explained all to you. All i will add is that after rain comes sunshine, if there is no hurdles in life there can never be victory.

He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it in you.
He is able, more than able to accomplish what concerns you always.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2008
kamsi:

I just stumbled on this trend, well this is nice. But I need a praying Partner especially the rosary, why I need such a partner is so I would be motivated to pray more.

So if any one is availiable holla at me and we will device how to say our rosary everyday.

hey Kamsi you are welcome to this thread.  So how do the praying partner comes in, i mean how do you want the praying partner to help.

viee i'm cool and i know you are too.
Lindiwe i appreciate your call, i must say that you have a nice voice on phone, phone o  grin  don't mind me, i know also in physical it will be sweeter than on phone  grin

Carlosein congrat, may God be praised.  So we go wash am o  grin

Lawyer knock for door naw and say hello to your people naw

Has anybody heard about Ebos?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2008
~lady~,
remember, all things work for good for them that know, love and fear God!
May our Lady of sorrows comfort you!

kamsi:

kamsi, i think what you need to do is to get the rosary tape. Play it and pray along with the priest and sister! It will serve as a perfect praying partner! I use the tape most of the time and it's wonderful!
If you don't have one, go to any parish bookshop, you're sure to get it there!
May our Lady of the Holy Rosary instill in you the zeal and love for the rosary! It's a wonderful way of honouring our Lady!

Guys, don't forget that tomorrow marks the beginning of the May devotion!

It's a great day, enjoy it!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2008
Oby1:

Lindiwe i appreciate your call, i must say that you have a nice voice on phone, phone o  grin  don't mind me, i know also in physical it will be sweeter than on phone  grin

tanx Oby, but no comment!  wink wink wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2008
Carlosein:

Now the turning point:

so, sis all's well. it is all "ad majorem gloriam Dei" -- "to the greater glory of God " as St ignatius of loyola used to say.

Dominus Vobiscum.

Testimony!

Christ is our Rock, our Refuge, our Stronghold!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2008
Carlosein:

Now the turning point:

so, sis all's well. it is all "ad majorem gloriam Dei" --  "to the greater glory of God " as St ignatius of loyola used to say.

Dominus Vobiscum.

couldnt have said it beta!
Fr Uncle Carl, now this is y i just love you! wink
where is Pam naw?
abi she don enter fattening room? cheesy

Lady, just to add aline: take it to God in prayer. . . .
we all hv stories to tell but God always make our stories 'a comedy'. . . .

Oby1:

Lindiwe i appreciate your call, i must say that you have a nice voice on phone, phone o  grin  don't mind me, i know also in physical it will be sweeter than on phone  grin

think so too grin, nice to talk with you Linidiwe. . .
Oby, sup Sis!
whats going on?

kamsi:

i feel you on that!
i use to 'imagine' sayn more than 5 decades of the rosary daily
then Carl helped me out,
thesedays when eva im on the road ( which is very often), i say the rosary
to and from work,school, friends house, where eva
it helps to kip my mind sane. . .
u can try that, sure helped me
it has become part of me now and i say at least 20 decades of the rosary everyday

Lindiwe:

kamsi, i think what you need to do is to get the rosary tape. Play it and pray along with the priest and sister! It will serve as a perfect praying partner! I use the tape most of the time and it's wonderful!

it is also online, great fun too since they also have discussions along the line
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2008
Oby1:

Today's Saint

St. Pius V (1504-1572)

In striving to reform both Church and state, Pius encountered vehement opposition from England's Queen Elizabeth and the Roman Emperor Maximilian II. Problems in France and in the Netherlands also hindered Pius's hopes for a Europe united against the Turks. Only at the last minute was he able to organize a fleet which won a decisive victory in the Gulf of Lepanto, off Greece, on October 7, 1571.
Pius's ceaseless papal quest for a renewal of the Church was grounded in his personal life as a Dominican friar. He spent long hours with his God in prayer, fasted rigorously, deprived himself of many customary papal luxuries and faithfully observed the Dominican Rule and its spirit.

this is the famous battle of lepanto in which the pope urged all christians to pray the rosary and by this singular act and in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary trample upon the head of the serpent spreading it's false doctrines abroad.

kamsi, u are welcome indeed to this thread. let me ask what do you do in terms of work or study? whichever one it is you can pray at least a part of the rosary on your way either to or from work/school each day.

in this way, many have been known to pray the daily rosary (whole twenty decades) by the end of the day.

i think you should try this method out and/or lindiwe's methos. let us know how it goes.

once again, welcome cool

lindiwe, zulu baby, how are you?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2008
viee:

i feel you on that!
i use to 'imagine' sayn more than 5 decades of the rosary daily
then Carl helped me out,
thesedays when eva im on the road ( which is very often), i say the rosary
to and from work,school, friends house, where eva
it helps to kip my mind sane. . .
u can try that, sure helped me
it has become part of me now and i say at least 20 decades of the rosary everyday

You don't mean it! i must confess, i struggle to say five decades daily! i sleep late and wake up late! Dear Mother help me!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2008
Lindiwe:

You don't mean it! i must confess, i struggle to say five decades daily! i sleep late and wake up late! Dear Mother help me!

i struggle pass u b4 grin
but since Carl tot me dat style, i have mastered it,
this morn, i took a longer route to work and was able to say 30 decades
it takes my mind off the wahala of Lagos road,
try it. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2008
Carlosein:

kamsi, u are welcome indeed to this thread. let me ask what do you do in terms of work or study? whichever one it is you can pray at least a part of the rosary on your way either to or from work/school each day.

in this way, many have been known to pray the daily rosary (whole twenty decades) by the end of the day.

i think you should try this method out and/or lindiwe's methos. let us know how it goes.

once again, welcome cool

lindiwe, zulu baby, how are you?

carl, a friend once recommended this method to me when i used to complain of not being able to say the rosary due to time constraint! it helped till i got back on track! but i'm afraid i'm beginning to have that problem again! please i need your prayers!

I'm ok carl, but i still maintain that i'm not zulu at all, even if my name says otherwise. it was just a gift! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2008
viee:

i struggle pass u before grin
but since Carl tot me that style, i have mastered it,
this morn, i took a longer route to work and was able to say 30 decades
it takes my mind off the wahala of Lagos road,
try it. . .

wow! i'm impressed!
you're lucky you live far from the office,
i live quite close to my office in Lag and that makes me sleep like a naughty girl and wake up quite late!

i know the devil doesn't like Mary's children saying their rosary, but we must shame him by loving the Holy Rosary! I love the rosary but i struggle to say it. meaning i need to allow Mother to nurse me properly,
I'm all yours my Queen, my Mother!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2008
viee, how now?

shey na me u dey call Fr uncle?
abeg your uncle dey ya villa o grin

you said 30 decades dis morning!! man u be prayer warrior now o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2008
guys did you know that May 1st 2008 is a very unique day? consider the following:

it's the Solemnity of Ascension of Jesus into heaven. It is thus a day of obligation, meaning we are obliged to attend Mass!

it's the beginning of the annual devotion to Mother Mary

it's also the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. the Holy Mother Church honours St. Joseph as the Patron of Workers, guess we know that!

it's also observed as workers’ day, and therefore a public holiday.

You could see that, by divine providence, we have a VERY RARE opportunity this year to commence the May devotion to Mary in union with the Patron Saint of Workers (St. Joseph) and on the occasion of the Ascension of Jesus into heaven and on a Workers’ Day! Isn't it so wonderful!  kiss kiss kiss

Praying the Holy Rosary during the month of May will be a very spiritually rewarding exercise. Mother Mary grants tremendous graces to all who salute her with the recitation of the Holy Rosary. Be assured that Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph will richly reward your efforts and prayers on this special day of 1 May 2008.

May your petitions ascend to heaven as Jesus ascended into heaven. AMEN.
and may the Queen of the month of May and St. Joseph continue to pray for you and with you.
Amen!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2008
wow lindiwe,
this is more than just a coincidence. a combination of Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

remember this prayers:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, i give you my heart and my soul,
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony of death,
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may i breath forth my soul in peace with you. Amen.

Holy Family, make our family like unto yours!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
infact carl, you know what i'm talking about!

lest i forget, carl you've done a good job on viee! i'm flabergasted! biko help your poor sis as well!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2008
Carlosein:

viee, how now?

shey na me u dey call Fr uncle?
abeg your uncle dey ya villa o grin

you said 30 decades this morning!! man u be prayer warrior now o!

grin grin grin she don pass prayer warrior o  grin
i say wow to that, viee thats great, please remember me always as you say the Rosary especially on the 5th Glorious mystery (Coronation of our blessed Mother).
Keep it up and may that zeal continue to burn.

lest i forget, carl you've done a good job on viee! i'm flabergasted! biko help your poor sis as well!
Don't worry, who knows you might even get to 50 decades when you start  wink    grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2008
Lindiwe:

guys did you know that May 1st 2008 is a very unique day? consider the following:

it's the Solemnity of Ascension of Jesus into heaven. It is thus a day of obligation, meaning we are obliged to attend Mass!

it's the beginning of the annual devotion to Mother Mary

it's also the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. the Holy Mother Church honours St. Joseph as the Patron of Workers, guess we know that!

it's also observed as workers’ day, and therefore a public holiday.

You could see that, by divine providence, we have a VERY RARE opportunity this year to commence the May devotion to Mary in union with the Patron Saint of Workers (St. Joseph) and on the occasion of the Ascension of Jesus into heaven and on a Workers’ Day! Isn't it so wonderful! kiss kiss kiss

Praying the Holy Rosary during the month of May will be a very spiritually rewarding exercise. Mother Mary grants tremendous graces to all who salute her with the recitation of the Holy Rosary. Be assured that Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph will richly reward your efforts and prayers on this special day of 1 May 2008.
May your petitions ascend to heaven as Jesus ascended into heaven. AMEN.
and may the Queen of the month of May and St. Joseph continue to pray for you and with you.
Amen!

A unique month indeed.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2008

Now the turning point:
1. i miraculously got a new and better job this month (thanks to some angels on this thread ) ,
3. the greatest of all is that everybody is hale and hearty, what with all the work (manual and otherwise) that we all did through the construction (you need to see and feel my palms and pray i don't ever slap you )

and finally, it is okay to cry

Dominus Vobiscum.

Thank you so so muc. God Bless you

God Bless everyone!!!

If you don't have one, go to any parish bookshop, you're sure to get it there!
May our Lady of the Holy Rosary instill in you the zeal and love for the rosary! It's a wonderful way of honouring our Lady!

Guys, don't forget that tomorrow marks the beginning of the May devotion!

It's a great day, enjoy it!

WOW!! I didn't even know you could do that. I am learning new things on this thread daily. Thank you.
I too struggle to say the rosary prayer and the thing is I know how powerful it is.
I try to memorise the mysteries. It's hard for me.
Can we pray it without the actual mysteries? Can we substitute our intentions for the mysteries? I was told that we could, but not too sure about it.

I also didn't know how special the month of May is (even though it's my birth month) and especially May 1st. I have to pray all five decades of the rosary tomorrow and hopefully even more.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by kamsi(f): 7:29am On May 01, 2008
Thanks all I would get that tape, my dad once had that.
Wishing everyone a wonderful may devotion.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 3:51pm On May 01, 2008
hope you guys are enjoying the break like i'm doing!
it's been a great day so far as i had the opportunity to attend mass and would be going for the 5pm May devotion in the parish! and the rosary, i am loving it! cheesy tongue kiss

have fun guys!

Happy workers' day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (155) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.