Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,903 members, 7,969,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 01:45 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (121074 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:16am On May 18, 2008
hi all,
it's sunday again and today the church celebrates The Most Holy Trinity

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not be lost but may have eternal life (John 3:16)

Sometimes these words can become too familiar and they roll by on the page without eliciting any new thought. But the greatest mystery of the universe is that God gave - and He gave and He gave some more. In fact, He gave everything so that we could be with Him. That's how much He loves us!  wink

This is the real mystery that we celebrate today. This is a day to rejoice in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who[i] love [/i] us!  wink It's a day to rejoice in the very personal love that God has for each one of us - a love that will never abandon us. God has held nothing back. He invites us, weak and sinful human beings, to share completely in His divine life. And He has moved heaven nd earth to make it possible! What an amazing lover and a most generous giver!

John's Gospel tells us that God has given us the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth by revealing the mysteries of the gospel to our hearts. The Holy Spirit takes what He hears from the Father and the Son and reveals it to us in a personal, life-giving way (John 16: 12-15). And this is not just a passing on of information. The Spirit works in such a way as to bring us into an experience of the Trinity. His revelation always lifts our hearts, fills us with joy, and gives us confidence that we are God's beloved children.

Let us at Mass today, ask for a deeper revelation of the Trinity, a revelation of the love that gave everything so that we could be with Him. Expect God to fill you with His divine life and give you a deeper taste of his love.

Have a splendid time at Mass as you encounter Jesus in the Eucharist!

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:21am On May 18, 2008
Let us thank our heavenly Father, beloved Lord Jesus and gracious Holy Spirit for their amazing love. It's so incredible that God would give so much just for us. let's praise Him for revealing Himself to us and for filling us with His grace. Lord, we praise and glorify you!
Amen!

and of course, let's not forget to call on the intercession of our Lady, because She's the adorable daughter of God the Father, beloved Mother of God the Son, and admirable spouse of the Holy Spirit!
wink cheesy kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:43am On May 19, 2008
Hello folks it has being a wonderful weekend.
Greetings to all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:43am On May 19, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Theophilus of Corte (1676-1740)

If we expect saints to do marvelous things continually and to leave us many memorable quotes, we are bound to be disappointed with St. Theophilus. The mystery of God's grace in a person's life, however, has a beauty all its own.

Theophilus was born in Corsica of rich and noble parents. As a young man he entered the Franciscans and soon showed his love for solitude and prayer. After admirably completing his studies, he was ordained and assigned to a retreat house near Subiaco. Inspired by the austere life of the Franciscans there, he founded other such houses in Corsica and Tuscany. Over the years, he became famous for his preaching as well as his missionary efforts.

Though he was always somewhat sickly, Theophilus generously served the needs of God's people in the confessional, in the sickroom and at the graveside. Worn out by his labors, he died on June 17, 1740. He was canonized in 1930.

Francis used to say, "Let us begin, brothers, to serve the Lord God, for up to now we have made little or no progress" (1 Celano, #193).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:56am On May 19, 2008
hey Oby,
how're u doin'
good to know u had a swell weekend,
mine could't have been better! wink wink wink
initially i wasn't looking forward to working this morning, but i guess i'm sort of energised now undecided
have a great day!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:41pm On May 19, 2008
Lindiwe:

hey Oby,
how're u doin'
good to know u had a swell weekend,
mine could't have been better! wink wink wink
initially i wasn't looking forward to working this morning, but i guess i'm sort of energised now undecided
have a great day!

Hi lindiwe.
Good to hear that you have gathered strength ready to use it for this week, thank God for the weekend rest.
Have a great day too!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:11pm On May 19, 2008
hello everyone, take care and have a great week ahead.

been a busy day for me but thank God the day is gradually drawing to a close.

see you all tomorrow, Deo volente.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:59pm On May 19, 2008
hey peeps,
just hailing y'all!
stay blessed!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 20, 2008
Quotable quote:

"There is the desacralization that often turns into dehumanization: The individual and the society for whom nothing is "sacred" suffer moral decay, in spite of appearances."

Source => DIVES IN MISERICORDIA (On the Mercy of God), John Paul II
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 2:04pm On May 20, 2008
Hello everyone

yes thats what i meant . . .and am not even catholics sef, but the discrimination here is too much

I thought it was a Catholic thread.

You can join us if you like.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2008
~Lady~:

Hello everyone

beats me too!

how are you doing, your mum and boyfriend? hope great.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 8:56pm On May 20, 2008
how are you doing, your mum and boyfriend? hope great.

too much stress in that area, so broke up with boyfriend and not speaking to mum or she's not speaking to me.
anyway too much wahala. I need me time. The whole situation transpired to something else in one week.
I am tired.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2008
~Lady~:

too much stress in that area, so broke up with boyfriend and not speaking to mum or she's not speaking to me.
anyway too much wahala. I need me time. The whole situation transpired to something else in one week.
I am tired.

wow all this in just a week. sorry to hear this. keep hanging in there and praying especially the rosary to Our Lady, She'll see you through as always.

we remember you all in our prayers as well.

this is for you: Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death, Amen.

take care. wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 12:26am On May 22, 2008
lady, it's well with you don't worry!

hey peeps, what's goin on!
hailing as usual!

Oby no write up on a saint today, abi we no get any saint to celebrate today? i actually tot we had a saint for everyday.

viee where you dey na?
carl, i dey greet oh!
pam, you too!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

restful nite all!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:16am On May 22, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Rita of Cascia (1381-1457)

Like Elizabeth Ann Seton, Rita of Cascia was a wife, mother, widow and member of a religious community. Her holiness was reflected in each phase of her life.

Born at Roccaporena in central Italy, Rita wanted to become a nun but was pressured at a young age into marrying a harsh and cruel man. During her 18-year marriage, she bore and raised two sons. After her husband was killed in a brawl and her sons had died, Rita tried to join the Augustinian nuns in Cascia. Unsuccessful at first because she was a widow, Rita eventually succeeded.

Over the years, her austerity, prayerfulness and charity became legendary. When she developed wounds on her forehead, people quickly associated them with the wounds from Christ's crown of thorns. She meditated frequently on Christ's passion. Her care for the sick nuns was especially loving. She also counseled lay people who came to her monastery.

Beatified in 1626, Rita was not canonized until 1900. She has acquired the reputation, together with St. Jude, as a saint of impossible cases. Many people visit her tomb each year.

For the Baptism of adults and for all the baptized at the Easter Vigil, three questions are asked: “Do you reject sin so as to live in the freedom of God's children? Do you reject the glamour of evil, and refuse to be mastered by sin? Do you reject Satan, father of sin and prince of darkness?”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:18am On May 22, 2008

Oby no write up on a saint today, abi we no get any saint to celebrate today? i actually tot we had a saint for everyday.

Hello lovely, yesterday was somehow busy for me. How you dey now and job?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2008
Lindiwe:

lady, it's well with you don't worry!

hey peeps, what's goin on!
hailing as usual!

viee where you dey na?
carl, i dey greet oh!
pam, you too!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

restful night all!

hi lindiwe, thanks for your greetings. i receive am well well. trust all is okay with you.

actually there's more than a saint for each day since there are only 365(6) days in a year and thousands (at least) declared saints.

may God grant all our requests today through the unfailing intercession of St. Rita of Cascia. Amen.

oby, how u dey now, viee we no dey see your break light again o. tsup?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:02pm On May 22, 2008
hey peeps !

whats goin on wink
been so occupied lately. . . . .
looks kinda quiet in here sad
lets wake the thread abeg oooo

~Lady~:

gbam wink

Oby1:

Today's Saint

St. Rita of Cascia (1381-1457)

Like Elizabeth Ann Seton, Rita of Cascia was a wife, mother, widow and member of a religious community. Her holiness was reflected in each phase of her life.

Born at Roccaporena in central Italy, Rita wanted to become a nun but was pressured at a young age into marrying a harsh and cruel man. During her 18-year marriage, she bore and raised two sons. After her husband was killed in a brawl and her sons had died, Rita tried to join the Augustinian nuns in Cascia. Unsuccessful at first because she was a widow, Rita eventually succeeded.

Over the years, her austerity, prayerfulness and charity became legendary. When she developed wounds on her forehead, people quickly associated them with the wounds from Christ's crown of thorns. She meditated frequently on Christ's passion. Her care for the sick nuns was especially loving. She also counseled lay people who came to her monastery.

Beatified in 1626, Rita was not canonized until 1900. She has acquired the reputation, together with St. Jude, as a saint of impossible cases. Many people visit her tomb each year.

For the Baptism of adults and for all the baptized at the Easter Vigil, three questions are asked: “Do you reject sin so as to live in the freedom of God's children? Do you reject the glamour of evil, and refuse to be mastered by sin? Do you reject Satan, father of sin and prince of darkness?”

i have special place in my heart for St. Rita. My Sis have received so many favours through doin novenas to St Rita

i pray we all also obtain special favours from her as we celebrate her feast today

Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:07pm On May 22, 2008
madam grin na u b this?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:29pm On May 22, 2008
Oby1:

madam grin na u b this?

grin grin grin na me oohhh
how bodi?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:36pm On May 22, 2008
bodi dey 4 cloth grin viee love wetin dey happen, u just disappear like Ebos, lawyer, pamperme and uzzyan
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:39pm On May 22, 2008
Carlosein:

hi lindiwe, thanks for your greetings. i receive am well well. trust all is okay with you.

actually there's more than a saint for each day since there are only 365(6) days in a year and thousands (at least) declared saints.

may God grant all our requests today through the unfailing intercession of St. Rita of Cascia. Amen.

oby, how u dey now, viee we no dey see your break light again o. tsup?

i just dey my bros, this your work dey take style small small dey steal u away 4rm us o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:11pm On May 22, 2008
Oby1:

u just disappear like Ebos, lawyer, pamperme and uzzyan

ha  shocked shocked
me disappear like them people?
oti o!
my own still dey infancy stage while them don graduate tey tey sef

been a while rily!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:15pm On May 22, 2008
Oby1:

i just dey my bros, this your work dey take style small small dey steal u away from us o!

no b small tin ooo
to see Carl here na miracle sef cry cry
no wonda Pam sef dey miss!

Lindiwe, sup gurl
u don trun to night crawler again ooo grin
hp we go catch u online soon
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:18pm On May 22, 2008
b t w, lady sorry abt your bf and Mom issue
hope u r ok? jus take it easy smiley
plz pray for strenght to take good decisions always
will always rem u in prayers myself. . . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2008
hey house is looking good cheesy

viee how now, tot u travelled or somn.

nwys good to read from you.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:11pm On May 22, 2008
Carlosein:

travel
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:13pm On May 22, 2008
Carlosein:

travel ke??
i neva save enuff transport fare na grin
i full ground for hia grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:38am On May 23, 2008
viee:

travel ke??
i never save enough transport fare na grin
i full ground for hia grin

The money go full ghana must go bag? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:39am On May 23, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Felix of Cantalice (1515-1587)

Felix was the first Franciscan Capuchin ever canonized. In fact, when he was born, the Capuchins did not yet exist as a distinct group within the Franciscans.

Born of humble, God-fearing parents in the Rieti Valley, Felix worked as a farmhand and a shepherd until he was 28. He developed the habit of praying while he worked.

In 1543 he joined the Capuchins. When the guardian explained the hardships of that way of life, Felix answered: "Father, the austerity of your Order does not frighten me. I hope, with God’s help, to overcome all the difficulties which will arise from my own weakness."

Three years later Felix was assigned to the friary in Rome as its official beggar. Because he was a model of simplicity and charity, he edified many people during the 42 years he performed that service for his confreres.

As he made his rounds, he worked to convert hardened sinners and to feed the poor as did his good friend, St. Philip Neri, who founded the Oratory, a community of priests serving the poor of Rome. When Felix wasn’t talking on his rounds, he was praying the rosary. The people named him "Brother Deo Gratias" (thanks be to God) because he was always using that blessing.

When Felix was an old man, his superior had to order him to wear sandals to protect his health. Around the same time a certain cardinal offered to suggest to Felix’s superiors that he be freed of begging so that he could devote more time to prayer. Felix talked the cardinal out of that idea. Felix was canonized in 1712.

"And let us refer all good to the most high and supreme lord God, and acknowledge that every good is His, and thank Him for everything, [He] from Whom all good things come. And may He, the Highest and Supreme, Who alone is true God, have and be given and receive every honor and reverence, every praise and blessing, every thanks and glory, for every good is His, He Who alone is good. And when we see or hear an evil [person] speak or act or blaspheme God, let us speak well and act well and praise God (cf. Rm 12:21), Who is blessed forever (Rm 1:25)" (St. Francis, Rule of 1221, Ch. 17).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 6:59pm On May 24, 2008
i feel gooooddddddddddd!
reason - just stepped into Lag this evening!
gosh how i miss this noisy and rowdy state wink wink wink

viee:

Lindiwe, sup girl
u don trun to night crawler again ooo grin
hp we go catch u online soon

yeah, the usual problem started again and i couldn't browse in the office.
wish we won't be returning there so soon! cry cry cry

just tot i should hail!
men, got a lot of catching up to do!
later guys!

Have a blessed weekend!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:17am On May 26, 2008
hi guys,
it's another week again!
wishing y'all the very best!
l8r!

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (155) (Reply)

Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.