Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,873 members, 7,969,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:42 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (121071 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:51pm On May 07, 2008
alrite nite luv
pray u get hm early toda
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 6:35pm On May 07, 2008
guys it's been fun today! love the team spirit!
See the way we added 2 more pages to the thread in just one day!

Take care all and don't forget to say your rosary  wink wink wink

All to Jesus, through Mary our Mother!

Jesus Mary, I love you save souls!

Jesus in the Eucharist, be the food of my soul!

Oh Mother at the foot of the cross, be my strength

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like unto yours

Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary!
Glory glory glory to Jesus, honour, honour, honour to Mary!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 7:59am On May 08, 2008
HERE IS THE READING FOR TODAY wink

FIRST READING: Acts of the Apostles 22:30; 23:6-11

Since the tribune wanted to know what precise charge the Jews were bringing, he freed Paul and gave orders for a meeting of the chief priests and the entire Sanhedrin; then he brought Paul down and stood him in front of them.

Now Paul was well aware that one section was made up of Sadducees and the other of Pharisees, so he called out in the Sanhedrin, 'Brothers, I am a Pharisee and the son of Pharisees. It is for our hope in the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.' As soon as he said this a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and Sadducees, and the assembly was split between the two parties. For the Sadducees say there is neither resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit, while the Pharisees accept all three. The shouting grew louder, and some of the scribes from the Pharisees' party stood up and protested strongly, 'We find nothing wrong with this man. Suppose a spirit has spoken to him, or an angel?' Feeling was running high, and the tribune, afraid that they would tear Paul to pieces, ordered his troops to go down and haul him out and bring him into the fortress.

Next night, the Lord appeared to him and said, 'Courage! You have borne witness for me in Jerusalem, now you must do the same in Rome.'

Responsorial Psalm Ps 15
Response : Preserve me, Lord, I take refuge in you.
Or Alleluia!

1. Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord: 'You are my God.'
O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup;
it is you yourself who are my prize. Response

2. I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel,
who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord ever in my sight:
since he is at my right hand, I shall stand firm. Response

3. And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad;
even my body shall rest in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead,
nor let your beloved know decay. Response

4. You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence.
at your right hand happiness for ever. Response

THE GOSPEL: John 17:20-26

Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said:

Holy Father,
I pray not only for these,
but for those also who through their words will believe in me.
May they all be one. Father,
may they be one in us, as you are in me and I am in you,
so that the world may believe it was you who sent me.
I have given them the glory you gave to me,
that they may be one as we are one.
With me in them and you in me,
may they be so completely one
that the world will realise that it was you who sent me
and that I have loved them as much as you loved me.

Father,
I want those you have given me to be with me where I am,
so that they may always see the glory you have given me
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Father, Righteous One,
the world has not known you,
but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me.
I have made your name known to them
and will continue to make it known,
so that the love with which you loved me may be in them,
and so that I may be in them.'
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:00am On May 08, 2008
and THE SAINT OF THE DAY cheesy

May 8, 2008

St. Peter of Tarentaise

(c. 1102-1174)

There are two men named St. Peter of Tarentaise who lived one century apart. The man we honor today is the younger Peter, born in France in the early part of the 12th century. (The other man with the same name became Pope Innocent the Fifth.)
The Peter we’re focusing on became a Cistercian monk and eventually served as abbot. In 1142 he was named archbishop of Tarentaise, replacing a bishop who had been deposed because of corruption. Peter tackled his new assignment with vigor. He brought reform into his diocese, replaced lax clergy and reached out to the poor. He visited all parts of his mountainous diocese on a regular basis.

After about a decade as bishop Peter “disappeared” for a year and lived quietly as a lay brother at an abbey in Switzerland. When he was “found out,” the reluctant bishop was persuaded to return to his post. He again focused many of his energies on the poor.

Peter died in 1175 on his way home from an unsuccessful papal assignment to reconcile the kings of France and England
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:06am On May 08, 2008
Hi everybody,

it sure feels good to be back. I have 7 pages to read and see who said what. grin

i'll be back
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 9:38am On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

Hi everybody,

it sure feels good to be back. I have 7 pages to read and see who said what. grin

i'll be back

Long live our dear pamperme!
God bless the wind that blew you back to us!
you're very much welcome!
know thee that we've missed you very much!
I guess carl will be overjoyed when he finds out you're back!

I'm already feeling your presence, thanks for the daily readings!

hope say the elders for villa no get any qualms accepting carl! in that case, the floor is set  grin

all my people, i hail!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 10:08am On May 08, 2008
thanks Lindiwe, i missed you too and i missed everybody. what i dont understand is Carlos wanting 12 children by me, i guess i have to go back to the village to tell them this o. embarassed

Viee, Lady ( i am so so surprised to learn that u were once a protestants), oby1, ebos, Carlove kiss, i missed u guys so much.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:10pm On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

Hi everybody,

i'll be back

Pamper thank God you are back, i thought Carlos hv married you and decided to leave you in the village grin welcome girl, so how was your trip? and Idichie's?  can you tell us the date for the wine carrying?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:16pm On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

thanks Lindiwe, i missed you too and i missed everybody. what i don't understand is Carlos wanting 12 children by me, i guess i have to go back to the village to tell them this o. embarassed

Viee, Lady ( i am so so surprised to learn that u were once a protestants), oby1, ebos, Carlove kiss, i missed u guys so much.

I wonder o. Are you sure the bride price is not so much grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:14pm On May 08, 2008
Oby1:

I wonder o. Are you sure the bride price is not so much grin

abi ooo
no wonda d guy wan full return on his investment cheesy

Pam whats up gurlfrind!
whats goin on?
nice to have u back. . . .
we don ey feel ur presence already wink

sup peeps
kindaa quite today
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

Hi everybody,

i'll be back

hey, my very own pam is back in full force cheesy
hi dearie, missed you very much! so wat did your people say?
hope d bride price is not too high o?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2008
viee:

abi ooo
no wonda d guy wan full return on his investment cheesy

Pam whats up gurlfrind!
whats goin on?
nice to have u back. . . .
we don ey feel your presence already wink

sup peeps
kindaa quite today

hi viee, help me tell her now cos i only ask for 12 children, dat na one dozen now no more. grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2008
viee:

alrite night love
pray u get hm early toda

tanks dear, got home past 10 which is quite early sha.

how u dey?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:23pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

tanks dear, got home past 10 which is quite early sha.

how u dey?

my dear i dey oooo
thnk God u got hm on tym
i hv a paper on sat been strugln to read cry
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2008
hey, i wish you all de best oh. see my homeward rosary will be entirely for you and ur intentions, gabadaya!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:41pm On May 08, 2008
but na wa,
so past 10 na on tyme
i wonda wht tym will be late then undecided
pele oooo
anyway work hard for the 12 kids on the way wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:44pm On May 08, 2008
am already working hard, na make me and pam work hard to get the 12 kids grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:44pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

hey, i wish you all de best oh. see my homeward rosary will be entirely for you and your intentions, gabadaya!

thnxxx kiss

do u still go for daily Mass?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2008
whosai, since after st mary's na only daily prayer i dey manage do especially with my mum.

how i miss st mary's cry

i have been tinking of going to falomo during mid day mass but it is still just an intention so far.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 3:55pm On May 08, 2008
eyaaaa, you can ask Lindiwe abt the mid day Falomo Mass
She mentioned it too

ko easy ra ra
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:00pm On May 08, 2008
i asked some guys in my office and was told its at 12.30 but once i get into work it's hard to do anyting else.
infact that's why i prefer the morning mass.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:03pm On May 08, 2008
come to yim now. am on right now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:05pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

come to yim now. am on right now.

alrite im signn in. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:12pm On May 08, 2008
ok. smiley cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:49pm On May 08, 2008
Oby sup with ya
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 4:51pm On May 08, 2008
Pam u still dey read the 7 pages?
come say hi girl!

Lindiwe, looked ard but no u!
is it the server or work?

Lady, no u either
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:59pm On May 08, 2008
viee:

Pam u still dey read the 7 pages?
come say hi girl!

Lindiwe, looked ard but no u!
is it the server or work?

Lady, no u either

nope, i don finish dat one since but i have bn in contact with the idichies to increase the already high bride price since Carlov wants 12 children, he will have to pay for it. Shikena cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:00pm On May 08, 2008
viee:

Oby sup with ya

I'm kul sis, wuz up wit ya?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

nope, i don finish that one since but i have bn in contact with the idichies to increase the already high bride price since Carlov wants 12 children, he will have to pay for it. Shikena cool

kai see me see trouble, in d olden days men dey born almost hundred and dem no dey pay plenty, just some tubers of yams. but now for only 1 dozen, i will have to cough millions. abeg o pampam have mercy on me o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:04pm On May 08, 2008
Pamperme:

i have bn in contact with the idichies to increase the already high bride price since Carlov wants 12 children, he will have to pay for it. Shikena cool

no be small tin oooo
he has to pay in GB pounds sef. . .  .
imagine de man! , he say just 12

infact if at anytym u want to terminate this marriage we stand with u

my younger sis bin tel me she lik d guy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:05pm On May 08, 2008
since we have a few of you guys online now, i was thinking can we have a little get together on sunday to mark my  birthday?

it would really make my year guys. and pam my wife to be you would be the icing on the cake if you came.

wat do you think?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:07pm On May 08, 2008
Oby1:

I'm kul sis, wuz up wit ya?

my dear i dey laka diz n laka dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (155) (Reply)

Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.