Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. (38919 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Traditional Marriage Ceremony in U.S.: NEED HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by efeski(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

Invite me for your traditional wedding.no matter how busy I m,I go attend.
You n efeski own.

💯
I hear you loud and clear

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by BirtherOfKings(f): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
What did you eat smiley
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by pps1759(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=120576344] Today,a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......After travelling for over 2hours via my keke,so we finally got to our destination.

After exchanging pleasantries, kola nuts and other traditional rites were done,then it was left for the main dowry which was #2000......It waa then the bigger problem came because the groom's family didn't come with cash....They insisted on doing transfer but the bride's family insisted on it, saying it must be paid with cash.....Omoh,the whole thing became funny grin. The bride's elder brother kept insisting on it until a POS attendant was invited into the situation.....The dowry's money was later withdrawn and paid in cash..

Now,my question is,is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn the money and kept it until the D-day while it was crystal clear it could have expired due to the deadline of the naira swap?

Mods abeg make una shift this thread to the permanent site so that make other enlightened
Not convince this story iÅŸ true
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Autobot05: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
yomi007k:

grin

Jobless thing. You aint got a job.

If you have ever worked then you will respect anyone who has a legitimate job in this economy.

Be gone.

She has a job (if prostitution can be classified as a job sha )
😂. Cheers bro
As far as it's legit hustle ... dont mind that evening newspaper

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Autobot05: 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
But wait o ...bride proce 2k 🤔
Omo I used to think it's like 200k - 1m or sth very expensive 😂😂😂
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by brain54(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

The bride price shock me..
Mine was way lesser,than the less years ago cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy my in-laws still uses it to taunt me.
My village elders no try atall cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
E nor reach 300 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don see new yabbing I go Dey give you…

You wey your bride price no reach 300#.

Lol… no let our two quarrel oh!

grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Collins4u1(m): 1:16am On Feb 03, 2023
cash payment... the groom should not be stupid.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2023
brain54:

I don see new yabbing I go Dey give you…

You wey your bride price no reach 300#.

Lol… no let our two quarrel oh!

grin
grin angry the good thing is I m not doing **wait n take**marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by brain54(m): 9:14am On Feb 03, 2023
ahnie:

grin angry the good thing is I m not doing **wait n take**marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so…

The dowry is only symbolic. Not like the bride is being sold.

Some still accept as little as 25# (urhobos)
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by mylove4God(f): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:
It is common sense that the bride price is presented physically. I am sure you saw the money change hands, probably from the eldest man in the family to her own father. These are rituals that a transfer doesn’t help.

The father might keep it somewhere safely, because some of them DO NOT spend it. Any day yawa starts, he would bring it out from his old box.

What is N2000 that a serious minded man who knew he would be getting married since 2018 couldn’t get? Among his ENTOURAGE, no single person had N2000? Collectively they also couldn’t raise N2000? What a set…

I was asking myself the same question. So they didn't come with extra cash just in case of emergency.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by pocohantas(f): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2023
mylove4God:

I was asking myself the same question. So they didn't come with extra cash just in case of emergency.

Very unserious in-laws.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by CarlosTheJackal: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I would love to see it because being expensive is subjective. Also for knowledge purposes too. I want to see what makes up their lists. Igbos is food and drink. I saw a town in Bayelsa’s list and I wondered if they want to destroy their lungs. Cigarette everywhere.
😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣 You are damned funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by michlins(m): 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
You can not pay bride price with transfer. It's better you buy something tangible to exchange with the bride price.

It doesn't even sit well with me
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Lance008(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Zonefree:

A broke and miserable Nigerian girl trying to broke shame a hustling guy.

Shameless liability!
Small small yahoo boys don block her eyes
The guy ride keke today means say na keke he go ride forever

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Buksaylor: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:
It is common sense that the bride price is presented physically. I am sure you saw the money change hands, probably from him, to his father, to the eldest man in her family and to her own father. Everyone would see it live and agree it was paid. These are rituals that a transfer doesn’t help.

The father might keep it somewhere safely, because some of them DO NOT spend it. Any day yawa starts, he would bring it out from his old box.

What is N2000 that a serious minded man who knew he would be getting married since 2018 couldn’t get? Among his ENTOURAGE, no single person had N2000? Collectively they also couldn’t raise N2000? What a set…

My mind...
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by arantess: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Today, a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......

After travelling for over 2hours via my keke, so we finally got to our destination.

After exchanging pleasantries, kola nuts and other traditional rites were done,then it was left for the main dowry which was #2000.
It was then the bigger problem came because the groom's family didn't come with cash. They insisted on doing transfer but the bride's family insisted on it, saying it must be paid with cash.

Omoh, the whole thing became funny grin. The bride's elder brother kept insisting on it until a POS attendant was invited into the situation.The dowry's money was later withdrawn and paid in cash.

Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn the money and kept it until the D-day while it was crystal clear it could have expired due to the deadline of the naira swap?

Mods abeg make una shift this thread to the permanent site so that make other enlightened nairaladers for torchlight the matter small.
It's expedient to do it the right way which is cash presentation

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by letitrainnow(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2023
Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by arantess: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:
It is common sense that the bride price is presented physically. I am sure you saw the money change hands, probably from him, to his father, to the eldest man in her family and to her own father. Everyone would see it live and agree it was paid. These are rituals that a transfer doesn’t help.

Honestly I'm surprised

How can they not hold cash while going for trad?
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by arantess: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Very unserious in-laws.
I concur
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by GoodHardDickk: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
Jennyclay:
That's non of your business!

I and alongside millons of guys here on nairaland was actually interested in your answers to that guy's question.

What do you do for a living?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by alizma: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Today, a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......

After travelling for over 2hours via my keke, so we finally got to our destination.

After exchanging pleasantries, kola nuts and other traditional rites were done,then it was left for the main dowry which was #2000.
It was then the bigger problem came because the groom's family didn't come with cash. They insisted on doing transfer but the bride's family insisted on it, saying it must be paid with cash.

Omoh, the whole thing became funny grin. The bride's elder brother kept insisting on it until a POS attendant was invited into the situation.The dowry's money was later withdrawn and paid in cash.

Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn the money and kept it until the D-day while it was crystal clear it could have expired due to the deadline of the naira swap?

Mods abeg make una shift this thread to the permanent site so that make other enlightened nairaladers for torchlight the matter small.
As decided by the brides relatives. If they are okey with transfer, so be it. If they are not, better look for cash because in such transaction the two parties must agreed on means of exchange before the transaction can be successful executed.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. grin. Dude,I just came back from the bank to remit my normal *BALANCING*. So I no get shishi with me cheesy
I like how you dey talk your mind n nor dey form, that's how God mould us deltans,we dey tell you awa mind straight up cheesy cheesy cheesy
8 us or love us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by AFONAMARO: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:

Men actually do not pay dowry, they pay bride price

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
alizma:

As decided by the brides relatives. If they are okey with transfer, so be it. If they are not, better look for cash because in such transaction the two parties must agreed on means of exchange before the transaction can be successful executed.
They can never be okay with paying the bride price with **transfer**it's an insult to tradition.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by brutal1(m): 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2023
How u take know say na since 2018 e don know say e go marry for 2023? How about the girl get belle for December last year and they want to quickly do am before e go show grin
pocohantas:

Was there any elder in their midst? This is why you younglings should go close to your elders/parents. Watch African Magic, you say it is local. Now you are acting like aliens at a trad. There are things you don’t learn from South Korean soaps.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by FreeStuffsNG: 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Was there any elder in their midst? This is why you younglings should go close to your elders/parents. Watch African Magic, you say it is local. Now you are acting like aliens at a trad. There are things you don’t learn from South Korean soaps.
It is returned publicly to the groom's family in Yoruba culture to openly declare that we are not selling our daughter but giving her based on trust that the groom's family will keep their word to love and cherish her. If they do not keep their word, the daughter can always return back to her father's house without her family obligated to return any dowry.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by NEUDUDE: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Jennyclay:
Broke men should please stay away from relationship/marriage.

He can't even produce common 2k cash, Edakun, how will he take good care of his bride if he can't cough out 2k cash? undecided

His mate are holding 200k cash to their traditional marriage just incase of emergency. But your friend can hold common 2k. Nawa oo!!

Even the OP is a Keke man! Shior!

May God Help all struggling men o!

I know oh. Definitely your handwork shior grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by NEUDUDE: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
What did you eat smiley

Atenu grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Pickmycall: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Jennyclay:
I've heard you oga Keke man!

Shame!!
Keke is sold for a million plus

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by chiedozie198100: 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
so OP what you are saying is even when time for dancing, the guests sprayed the bride and groom with bank transfer too? grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by NEUDUDE: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
yomi007k:

What's the shame in being a keke man?

What job do you do?

Clitocurrency job grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by BrutusOj(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
I pity those whose weddings fall into this cash crisis period. Na so guests go de look them when they are dancing cheesy. Highest na #10,#20,#50,#100 notes go rain on them.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.