Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,742 members, 7,912,070 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) (44361 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Face Losses As The Twitter Ban Continues / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless / Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by sevo(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Three samples pictures..
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
ITbomb:
But on a normal day, you don't need a POS machine, all you need is your bank app which will generate the QR code
for real, though I have never been able to do it with Kuda app
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Peteridiata1001: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cashless is good, cash is not suppose toe flying around like this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by backtovillage: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
All this your picture no make any sense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Bfly: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Going cashless is not about going around with one plastic box because you have one hawking tray. We need some level of education before venturing into this. We got so many Nigerians doing businesses without basic education. So many of us are taken advantage of by the educated fellows. Enforce Education not just election. Lovely policies falling in unprepared minds. We need to be Eduacted first.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by jamesbridget13(f): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tookool:

I have never had such experience oh, After withdrawing from the pos or after I have recieved a debit alert for a transfer transaction, then my money is reversed back to me. Does it truly happen ?
it has happened to me via GTB ussd portal. I completed money for my drugs during one of my antenatal visits via ussd code. It was successful n I was debited. I got my drugs n went home only for me to receive a reversal at home n I thought it was an error but my balance increased as well. I returned d money in physical cash on my next appointment which was after a month n the hospital wasn't even aware of the erroneous transaction. True life experience

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by deavicky(m): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
smokinloud:
But na the mumu glitches and network no make POS dey feasible.
Imagine buying goods from a market woman and 2 hours after the normal transaction your bank reverse back your money to your account... that one has gone!.
you can go back and pay her.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Tookool(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Goddyrichie:
yes it happen to me last year when I transfer 5k to my girlfriend and 3k to her younger sis not really my gf though just a girl that like fucking men around all because of iPhone I first use her account it shows error then I went to a pos agent to transfer d money to them d next day she told me she haven’t see I went back 2 d pos they told me it’s network after one week and some days sha d pos woman call me that they have revise my money back Omo na so I collect my money and spend ham cuz I don broke then
When it happens to you, you let me know. I don’t want to hear someone said, pos person said, I want a first hand experience.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Illuminatiship(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tookool:

I have never had such experience oh, After withdrawing from the pos or after I have recieved a debit alert for a transfer transaction, then my money is reversed back to me. Does it truly happen ?
yes it happens and I have experienced it I go club pay when I reach house bank credit me be I happy die.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Tookool(m): 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
jamesbridget13:
it has happened to me via GTB ussd portal. I completed money for my drugs during one of my antenatal visits via ussd code. It was successful n I was debited. I got my drugs n went home only for me to receive a reversal at home n I thought it was an error but my balance increased as well. I returned d money in physical cash on my next appointment which was after a month n the hospital wasn't even aware of the erroneous transaction. True life experience
Okay 👍

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Class01: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Change?

Please, what is the economic benefit of the currency redesign?

[color=#006600][/color]

It help to control inflation

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by SavageResponse(m): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
smokinloud:

Yes it does.
E be like you no know the kind country wey you dey.
Let your last card hang for Zenith bank and you are on the verge of obtaining jamb form for your sibling on a deadline day na den you go know say Generational curses dey for Nigeria true true

Why should you wait until the deadline day before buying JAMB form? angry
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Reference(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
faceland:
Those are 50 and 100 naira service. Then the bank would cut 25 naira for a 100 service. End of month, they would also cut 4 naira for the SMS alert they sent you. You end up paying 139 and then merchandise end up receiving 98 naira.

It doesn't even make sense to do tiny transactions digitally.

Why not think about it the other way, that these types of businesses no longer fit the modern society...the pedicurist by the street corner, the sugarcane seller, the gala hawker should become obsolete in city centres and neighborhoods not just for their potential exclusion from modern financial services but for the sake of the environment, and public health and safety.

Right now it appears the government has the socio-economic high ground in dragging the citizens of Nigeria kicking and screaming into modernity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Elliotwaveforec: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
POS machine is for sellers not for dispensing cash. If you don't have what you're selling, you don't need a POS! They've turned POS machines to a bank in naija.

Nothing should be charged for using POS to receive payment from customers.

I render a service, I charge you, I input the amount charged, you insert your card, input your PIN, I get paid without cash. I'm not supposed to charge you N100 again for paying me with your card nah.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
smokinloud:

Yes it does.
Let your last card hang for Zenith bank and you are on the verge of obtaining jamb form for your sibling on a deadline day na den you go know say Generational curses dey for Nigeria true true
My friend, it will only reverse when transaction fails. People should develop to use every means of alert to check their transaction. Check both email and SMS alert. Email alert will always give you the true position.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Afolue(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Well, as it is said that good things doesn’t come easy. If this is the federal government’s plan, then I think there’s no better way to it. It could limit crime….
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Brushstrokes20: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Photoshoped bullocks undecided
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by 2elliot: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
I think at this point in time, we are good to go cashless
Cashless is satanic. Cash is power, if we lose it then we are gone. We are being conditioned for the one world digital currency.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by deavicky(m): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tookool:

I had an experience like that too. I bought two tires for my company truck at mosimi in Ogun state I did the transfer of 164k only to discover the next day that the money was reversed and funny enough I had left to PH my base.
The only luck I had was that the purchase was for my company which made me to collect receipt. Normal me, I don't care about receipts.
I had to call the phone number on the receipt and for me to resend the money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by IranianSea: 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
You're so right. All the Hausa water melon seller and Mai ruha, they collect transfer, I was shocked. I'm glad this is happening because I don't really like cash before. I only keep some to buy things of 200, 300 reach 900, anything above, na transfer.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Deoo1125: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
They decieve urself u think say u dey decieve people, the 1st and 2nd picture na the same pos.. Obviously the op na him get the pos.

Enemyofpeace:
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Arranged pictures. Someone just put POS devices beside abokis and snapped the pictures. Mtchewww.

And the same POS for that matter.

Can't wait for this election to end so that the state of public foolishness will subside to normal levels.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by atinga1: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Change?

Please, what is the economic benefit of the currency redesign?

To stop thieves buying your votes.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by remsonik(f): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Truth
Went to print at an ict shop last week and was asked to pay with transfer, I refused cos if I pay with transfer I will be deducted almost 300 naira for a 200 naira payment
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
smokinloud:

Yes it does.

Zenith no be bank at all.

Two times this bank has completely ruined my plans, even causing me to owe one or two people due to unavailability of my funds.

In fact, thank you for reminding me. I was planning to email CBN with an official complaint.

That said, the occasional inconveniences are not enough reason not to press ahead with the cashless policy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by IbroMaka(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Never worry with the Transporter

Accepts every mode of payment, even in kind😝
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by OgaTheTop2: 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cashless society is the best for Nigeria and Nigerians. Only backward thinking people, bigots, kidnappers, and corrupt politicians would think otherwise undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by tuzle(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
figment232:
It doesn't happen...no mind the guy ..na Tinubu supporter
it does and I am no tinubu supporter. I have used a pos before when u was in need of transport money when I was traveling . The transaction showed failed but I was debited and I had already left the POS place when I got the alert. Thank God my aunt's works at gtb. I was already thinking that maybe I would dash them the money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
No need for this . Use enaira
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by wizzyphere(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Omooooooo the POS looks edited sef
smokinloud:
But na the mumu glitches and network no make POS dey feasible.
Imagine buying goods from a market woman and 2 hours after the normal transaction your bank reverse back your money to your account... that one has gone!.
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Melagros(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Arranged pictures. Someone just put POS devices beside abokis and snapped the pictures. Mtchewww.
Don't mind them
Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
such a horrible idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Lawmakers Visit Tigran Gambaryan (Binance Executive) In Kuje Prison / Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Dangote In Casual Outfit At Lagos Polo Club (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.