Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,879 members, 7,895,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents (5055 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents / Nigerian Made Female Celebs And Crossing Of Legs In Pics - Give us A Break Pls / Nigerian Celebs And Six Pack Abs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by ritchboi: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2007
which naija celebritys' accent annoys u d most?i could name a lot but stephanie okereke n oge okoye realy annoy me/make me laugh at d same time!
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Aiphie(f): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2007
Abeg leave them. How do u xpect them 2 get to Hollywood level if they don't start wit polishing their accent grin
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by trendy(f): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2007
lol, let the fake the accent jare
it;'s not a nollywood thing
it's a nigerian thing
most of the presenters used for show presenting these days always have one kind of accent, even radio presenters and the rest of them
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by ritchboi: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2007
@aiphie
'polishin' u say?accents dont get polished,na shoe,abi dem don turn cobler?
as 4 holywood dont even go there,they(accent polishers inc)wil rot in naija,dem no even sabi act sef,no b from east dem cary dem from?all those dirty nna chicks.b honest wid urself abeg.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by cuteass1(f): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2007
@ ritchboi

u're so ignorant, u make me want to crawl under my bed we're from the same country

ritchboi:

@aiphie
'polishin' u say?accents don't get polished,na shoe,abi them don turn cobler?
as 4 holywood don't even go there,they(accent polishers inc)wil rot in naija,them no even sabi act sef,[b]no b from east them cary them from?[/b]all [b]those dirty nna chicks.[/b]b honest wid yourself abeg.

The lameness of your post is almost overwhelming . . . but its all good sha, Cos without the likes of u and your gulley-like thoughts, there wouldn't be a definiton to nonsense!!

Look at your mouth like "east", i strongly suggest and advice you go enrole for some useful activities, Cos crap-posting wouldnt enrich your life wink
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobella(f): 4:13am On Aug 30, 2007
Stephane Okereke can be adisaster! Sometimes Mike Eze. angry
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Emad(f): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2008
Steph Okereke is the flag bearer of fakers club
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by diva4eva(f): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
Pls people, its no other person than CHIEGE ALISIGWE cheesy cheesy
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by zuyeali: 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2008
i totally agree with you.why cant our celebs be natural?do they hav to fake irritating accents that sounds that terrible?wat is most important is if they speak correct english,that is wat counts. alot of them are guilty of it. sauce kid accent puts me off completely.it sucks.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by floxyrangy: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2008
has anyone noticed the way our beauty queens behave? once they win a crown, they start faking british accents. abi na miracle that comes with the crown?
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Blackcat(f): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2008
There is no fake accent.

Accent is accent depends on how you choose to pronounce your words. Should they speak like area boys in Oshodi with their deep voices before the would sound Nigerian please angry
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Emad(f): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2008
Black Cat do you really call Steph Okereke's accent as good English?
what of Emeka Ike who does it with very Bad pronunciation?
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by segunpc(m): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2008
dis people sef dem go dey yarn like say them don go amelika and dem never pass airport but me i like ramsey noahs accent its d bomb. just tell dem others to b natural.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Blackcat(f): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2008
Emad:

Black Cat do you really call Steph Okereke's accent as good English?
what of Emeka Ike who does it with very Bad pronunciation?

My dear wetin you wan make I talk. I must support my own abi? grin
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Yetunday(f): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2008
Why are u all complaining about pple that can speak good eng but trying to fake the Oyinbo man? What about those we no sabi speak pass brokin like P square we came dey try speak like them just arrive! No hard feelings anyways.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Emad(f): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2008
i am a P Square supporter ever since their last album, i have never really heard those dudes speak, but if they fake , i am disappointed
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by efuah(f): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2008
floxyrangy:

has anyone noticed the way our beauty queens behave? once they win a crown, they start faking british accents. abi na miracle that comes with the crown?
lmao grin grin grin . . . i guess so tongue
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by youngdigi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2008
nigerian celebs should learn from genevieve, she is the true role model for naija celebs, originality is bred in her

now like someone said earlier, speaking good english doenst necessarily mena they are forming an accent, the 2 should not be mistaken, a lot of words are wrongfully pronounced by majority of nigerians including myself, but mostly ppl who are big in english grammar get the right pronunciations via oral english classes and so on, so even though i agree most celebs are stupid with their fake accents, i have noticed another group of them are genuine with their english speaking which is sometimes confused like they are forming (e.g. eucharia anunobi)
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2008
u guys should stop talking about stephnie okereke cos she read english language.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by ritchboy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
wow!Stephanie okereke read english!How she graduated has to b d 11th wonder of the world,cos her spoken english is abysmal at best.
***and i'm being lenient***
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by ifyalways(f): 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2008
ritchboy:

wow!Stephanie okereke read english!How she graduated has to b d 11th wonder of the world,because her spoken english is abysmal at best.
***and i'm being lenient***
lol.at least shes a graduate. tongue

@topic jim iyke and hanks anuku.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by shapey(f): 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2008
why have we all left chiege alisigwe out of this list?she is closely following stephnie okereke. steph is the ring leader-the kingpin of fake accents.she's not such a brilliant actress too.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by fakande(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
Hanks Anuku
Stephanie okereke
Emeka Enyiocha
Etc, Etc

That Hanks fella speaks like he thinks in slow motion,
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by hanen(f): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2008
Ramsey Nouah. Every time i hear him speak i cringe. That accent is ANNOYING. He actually went on Mnet and bit his tongue trying to blast that phoetics. Dummy. There are ways to sound cool without picking up another man's way of speaking.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by bjmighty(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2009
cute-ass:

@ ritchboi

u're so ignorant, u make me want to crawl under my bed we're from the same country

The lameness of your post is almost overwhelming . . . but its all good sha, Cos without the likes of u and your gulley-like thoughts, there wouldn't be a definiton to nonsense!!

Look at your mouth like "east", i strongly suggest and advice you go enrole for some useful activities, Cos crap-posting wouldnt enrich your life wink

Mennnn, u are wicked ohhh. U ruined ritchboi's career. I wanted to ask, do you personally know him or how did figure out that his mouth looks like "East"? U are so wicked!!!
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by muffins(f): 1:40am On Nov 05, 2009
Jim Iyke
Ramsey Nuoah
Stephanie Okereke.

Their accent piss me off
. angry angry
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 05, 2009
Add Van Vicker to the list
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by muffins(f): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2009
FL Gators:

Add Van Vicker to the list

Thank you for reminding me of that westernized retard. angry
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:48am On Nov 05, 2009
also no one can forget the infamous Nadia Buari on this one.
she may not be Nigerian, but she is in a number of Nollywood movies.
she is one of the worst offenders of this!

Ini Edo as well.
too many of them, sha.
and when they talk it gives me a headache, cant they just be themselves?
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:51am On Nov 05, 2009
and i dont understand you people here saying some words are "mispronounced"
well if you have an accent, of course it is!!
not everything you say will be the british way.
if thats the case, ALL americans are saying everything wrong.
it depends on the accent, so as long as you have good standard english, it shouldnt matter how you say words.
so dont feel you are saying something wrong when it doesnt sound like posh british english.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by debetmx(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2009
Baba Suwe
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by debetmx(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
Only joking although i dont watch much of films but i think it si Jim Iyke. Cant stand him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nu*de Photo Saga! Sammy Okposo's Daughter Wrecks Friend's Marriage / shocking news !! Pregnant Tiwa Savage Unclad Picture Leak Online / Nicki Minaj Steps Out In Hot Transparent Dress For A Show [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.