Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 50. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 50. (142 Views)

Message To The Church Part 50 / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 50. by PastorSomba(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 50.

Hebrews 9:15-17 (KJV) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

50. It is the blood of the testator that seals and releases the will to come into effect. That is why in the old testament the blood of animals were sacrificed and sprinkled on the the book of the law and on the people. The blood of the animal signified the death of the testator. The blood was the sacrifice needed to qualify all the people to be entitled to the blessings in the will. The blood cleanses and purifies both the will and the people of all sins of commission, omission and the sin nature that may disqualify the will or the people. The blood means that the testator has paid the ultimate price for all their sins. By the blood of Jesus no sin of commission, ommission or the sin nature can disqualify us from inheritance. No sin of a son can disqualify him from an inheritance the father had already given to him in a fully executed will.

By the blood and because of the blood nothing can seperate us from the will. If God and the will is for us who can be against us. Who can lay any charge against us to disqualify us from the will when Christ has died. And Christ is in heaven ensuring through intercession and otherwise to ensure we receive all that His will gave us. This is the reason why Jesus had to die to shed His blood to make the will to take effect for us. His blood is not like that of animals that was ineffective. The blood of animals were insufficient because they were not the writers nor the owners of the will, and their blood had no power to cleanse the people from any unrighteousness that may disqualify them from the will.

All of creation and all things in heaven and earth belongs to God. In the old testament God was not revealed as a Father but only as the Almighty God, Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah shalom, Jehovah Nissi, Jehovah Tsekenu, etc. But God has always been a Father. God only had a relationship with Israel. He did not reveal Himself to other nations and had no relationship with them. Since God's relationship with man has always been based on covenant, He had to enter into a covenant with Israel as a nation and a people of God to set them apart from the rest of humanity. God's covenant with Israel is different from God's covenant promise to Abraham and his seed. God's covenant with Israel was the law. God's covenant promise to Abraham and his seed was far superior such that even the law that came later could not affect the promise. Rather Jesus came, fulfilled the law, cancelled it and put it away so that the covenant promise can be fulfilled.

Israel was the first nation God had a covenant with. Before this time God only had covenant relationship with individuals such as Adam, Noah and Abraham. Since God had not revealed Himself as a Father to Israel, He related with Israel as servants. Hence He established the law to govern His relationship with them based on servant and master relationship or people of God. Yet in God's heart He yearned for a more deeper relationship of Father and son, husband and wife as He later declared through His prophets. As servants and because of the carnal nature of the law, God could only give them a physical or natural inheritance in the land of Canaan. He could not leave a spiritual inheritance for them because they were not spirits but carnal while God is a spirit. This covenant with Israel was not eternal but temporary until the fulfillment of the promise to Abraham. Exodus 24:7-8; Hebrews 7:1-28; 9:1-28; 10:1-14; Romans 8:1-10,31-39; Genesis 9:1-17; 15:1-21; 17:1; 22:14; Isaiah 1:2; Jeremiah 31:9; Hosea 1:1-11; John 4:24; Galatians 3:1-29;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 51. / Growing Your Faith I / Riding Through The Storms Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.