Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,718 members, 7,914,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:06 PM

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? (4537 Views)

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
Image123:

So if he says he doesn't just believe God exists but knows God exists, you'll give him icecream?

Maybe. If he comes visiting and says he wants ice-cream why not. LoLz.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
gohf:
and you know it teaches that has what?
And who are you to know or say what it teaches and doesn't teach?
Do you read your Bible or pretend to read it?
You haven't seen Bible pages promoting slavery, misogynism etc?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Image123(m): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
LordReed:

Maybe. If he comes visiting and says he wants ice-cream why not. LoLz.

lol. Jashub, get the icecream.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
LordReed:

So do you believe every single thing written about Socrates including the contradictory things?
Just because contrary things were written about him doesn't mean he did not exist . Secondly, many narratives of today are not 100% accurate...

In case you've forgotten, here's one of the blunders made by the modern day historian (aka the Media) and it will forever be recorded in the archives

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by LordReed(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
Just because contrary things were written about him doesn't mean he did not exist . Secondly, many narratives of today are not 100% accurate...

In case you've forgotten, here's one of the blunders made by the modern day historian (aka the Media) and it will forever be recorded in the archives

The question is not about whether he existed or not, my question was do you believe everything written about him including the contradictory things.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
LordReed:

The question is not about whether he existed or not, my question was do you believe everything written about him including the contradictory things.
I haven't fully studied Socrates so I can't say .
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
I haven't fully studied Socrates so I can't say .

Exactly. So you cannot say to someone everything in the Bible written about Jesus is true because there was a person called Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
LordReed:

Exactly. So you cannot say to someone everything in the Bible written about Jesus is true because there was a person called Jesus.
But Jesus existed ...and that's a fact other historians and have established.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:

Did I say he did not?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
gohf:

1. Which sinner saw him?
2. Writing together a bunch doesn't mean it's a sensible sentence. If you had any understanding you would have known Jesus didn't tell them not to stone her. Just like the rest of your other assumptions it shows you speak more on things you know little about and you neither listen to answers of questions you claim to ask.
3. Are you not so fixated on your twisted logic that you would even deny the very God that did not command human sacrifice but condemned so gods and demons that did, abolishing the nonsense men practiced in their search for power.

Morality and righteousness that comes from God does not change. If you like agree if you like don't agree. Men are still free to create their own form of morality and righteousness, or even self righteous. Whatever men create is only a copy of what they have seen
1. If Jesus is Yahweh, then its obvious the sinners he healed saw him. Question is, as a Christian, have you seen Yahweh?
2. If you can read properly I said stoning adulterers is okay in the old testament. Did I lie? In the new testament, Jesus didn’t tell them not to stone but he didn't allow them to stone an adulterous but he advocated forgiveness, reason why he said 'he without sin should throw the first stone'. Did your Yahweh advocate for forgiveness when he made commandments to stone adulterers? No! Is that not a morality paradigm shift?
I realized you didn't even counter any of the points I made, you just said i comment on what I know nothing about, without stating specifically what was wrong. That's a deflection technique y'all theists exhibit.
3. You just said morals came from many gods, didnt you? So why get offended when I mentioned some of them?
By the way, which god demanded Abraham offer his son as sacrifice? Baal? Allah?
We didn't say morals didn't come from your yahweh, but the point was it was dynamic, relative and of course, wasn't the only source of morals

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
gohf:
is that really the question, if it is true and not if the answer is acceptable to you?
Whether I accept it or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is if its the truth
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
Our focus was on his existence ...not miracles nor His divinity. Which brings me to my point : Jesus did exist , and if he did , then the bible's account must be true. Therefore, it will be foolishness not to believe in the existence of a God. It's as simple as that
Lol. Doesn't it bother you or sound odd that the only non-bible mention of yahweh and jesus, the creator of the world, the man that resurrected people and even resurrected from the dead, was a sentence?
If someone performed miracles and even resurrected from the dead, do you think its only one newspaper that would carry that news?
Lol. christians are a special brand of stupid. A severe type of psychosis

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Doesn't it bother you or sound odd that the only non-bible mention of yahweh and jesus, the creator of the world, the man that resurrected people and even resurrected from the dead, was a sentence?
If someone performed miracles and even resurrected from the dead, do you think its only one newspaper that would carry that news?
Lol. christians are a special brand of stupid. A severe type of psychosis
The usual array of insults has started when atheists can't find answers ...typical grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
I don't understand this rubbish you just typed. But I'll humor you and give another chance to arrange your argument in a logical manner
Its an analogy he gave.
In the Spiderman comic series, he's supposed to live in New York. So he's saying that he came try to convince you Spider-man existed by saying New York existed
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Whether I accept it or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is if its the truth
if it's the truth would you accept it if it goes against what you believe
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its an analogy he gave.
In the Spiderman comic series, he's supposed to live in New York. So he's saying that he came try to convince you Spider-man existed by saying New York existed
It seems you don't understand the word fallacy undecided. Please rededicate yourself on it and stop supporting literal rubbish
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
It seems you're not following the thread but I'll update you on it.

Josephus and Tacitus (two non-christian historians) admitted in their annals , that a man called Jesus existed . These men were known to be neither biased or religious in their accounts of historical facts . Which makes the validity of Jesus's existence true . Besides that's, other eyewitness accounts from the Bible verify the truth of the man Jesus .

So I don't see the connection here between New York and Spiderman .
I just showed you Josephus's account was faked. And Tacitus used a sentence to describe Jesus. For all we know, it may be another Jesus since its a common name.
Besides those accounts doesn't justify anything about the deification of Jesus. That means he was a common regular folk, not a god like y'all say. The only place he was deified was your bible

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
It seems you don't understand the word fallacy undecided. Please rededicate yourself on it and stop supporting literal rubbish
I know more about fallacies than you bro. Invent another dodge mechanism
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. If Jesus is Yahweh, then its obvious the sinners he healed saw him. Question is, as a Christian, have you seen Yahweh?
2. If you can read properly I said stoning adulterers is okay in the old testament. Did I lie? In the new testament, Jesus didn’t tell them not to stone but he didn't allow them to stone an adulterous but he advocated forgiveness, reason why he said 'he without sin should throw the first stone'. Did your Yahweh advocate for forgiveness when he made commandments to stone adulterers? No! Is that not a morality paradigm shift?
I realized you didn't even counter any of the points I made, you just said i comment on what I know nothing about, without stating specifically what was wrong. That's a deflection technique y'all theists exhibit.
3. You just said morals came from many gods, didnt you? So why get offended when I mentioned some of them?
By the way, which god demanded Abraham offer his son as sacrifice? Baal? Allah?
We didn't say morals didn't come from your yahweh, but the point was it was dynamic, relative and of course, wasn't the only source of morals
Number 1 you said if, and Jesus isn't Yahweh. You were expecting me to counter shocked sorry to disappoint you, my response was the best answer for you. And I never said morals came from gods.

There's no point having a conversation with someone who isn't following the discuss nor remembers correctly what was written. I am not offended by you just disinterested in discussing with someone that seems to be talking with someone else. Honestly your posts are disjointed.

You haven't answered any of my questions have you? You came up with an illusions that I am offended by you mentioning gods I don't care about.

The only point you have made is to disagree with me that God Almighty didn't teach morals to the first man, because you believe you originated from monkeys. Since that's what you absolutely believe stop wasting your time asking questions you don't want the answers to. And live the life you believe in

After all you are free to live and die forever, its your life not mine grin grin cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Image123:

So if he says he doesn't just believe God exists but knows God exists, you'll give him icecream?
Quit parambulating
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

I know more about fallacies than you bro. Invent another dodge mechanism
Keep quiet you don't know anything . What your comrade did was punch up a slothful induction fallacy, and you're busy supporting what's not even logically valid to the argument. Before you type more rubbish , kindly look up what's called The slothful induction fallacy. undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you read your Bible or pretend to read it?
You haven't seen Bible pages promoting slavery, misogynism etc?
see what I am saying how does me reading the bible give you a right to teach scripture or speak about the intent of it.

Here is what I asked you
And who are you to know or say what it teaches and doesn't teach?

There have been devils, demons and agents who have claimed what scripture taught and there are those trained to understand what is written.

You can here claiming the Bible promotes slavery, when the God of the same people recorded in the book delivered his people from slavery. Sent his servants to delivery the people from slavery to sin.

How do you live with yourself lying about things you know little about. Does it give you joy or what shocked
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
One historian made a sentence about a Jesus, and boom it becomes that's a fact other historians and have established
Lol
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. What an ignoramus.
Who told you we came from monkeys?
How does the Great Ape translate into monkeys? Hope you know our DNAs are almost the same. In fact if I bring ape and human bones together , you wouldn't know the difference. And of course, there is scientific evidence we came from the great ape. Is there evidence of creation? No. Even the catholic church realized how wrong creationism is and are trying to inculcate evolutionism, Big Bang into their teaching.
Jokes on you, theist
oh I am sorry forgive me. Didn't know your ancestor was a great ape and not a mere monkey grin wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
The usual array of insults has started when atheists can't find answers ...typical grin
Which question did you ask? Obviously you haven't known some theists here that are chief insult merchants
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
gohf:
if it's the truth would you accept it if it goes against what you believe
Why not?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

One historian made a sentence about a Jesus, and boom it becomes that's a fact other historians and have established
Lol
Please add Tacitus, the Bible and over 500 people who were martyred . That should be about 503. And that number is good enough for evidence in any court of law grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
gohf:

Number 1 you said if, and Jesus isn't Yahweh. You were expecting me to counter shocked sorry to disappoint you, my response was the best answer for you. And I never said morals came from gods.

There's no point having a conversation with someone who isn't following the discuss nor remembers correctly what was written. I am not offended by you just disinterested in discussing with someone that seems to be talking with someone else. Honestly your posts are disjointed.

You haven't answered any of my questions have you? You came up with an illusions that I am offended by you mentioning gods I don't care about.

The only point you have made is to disagree with me that God Almighty didn't teach morals to the first man, because you believe you originated from monkeys. Since that's what you absolutely believe stop wasting your time asking questions you don't want the answers to. And live the life you believe in

After all you are free to live and die forever, its your life not mine grin grin cheesy
All the questions you asked have been answered but you deployed your regular deflection tactics used by your predecessors. So I'm not surprised.
You haven't addressed any of the points I raised. Even the point I raised about morality change in the buybull was ignored.
So have a nice day, bro
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
Keep quiet you don't know anything . What your comrade did was punch up a slothful induction fallacy, and you're busy supporting what's not even logically valid to the argument. Before you type more rubbish , kindly look up what's called The slothful induction fallacy. undecided
Before you type up any more, read up on fallacies
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

All the questions you asked have been answered but you deployed your regular deflection tactics used by your predecessors. So I'm not surprised.
You haven't addressed any of the points I raised. Even the point I raised about morality change in the buybull was ignored.
So have a nice day, bro
didn't you read where I wrote, let me write it again since you are forgetful, Morality and righteousness that comes from God does not change. If you like agree if you like don't agree. Men are still free to create their own form of morality and righteousness, or even self righteous. Whatever men create is only a copy of what they have seen

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

If you prefer going around in circles, then suit yourself
I have said the same thing to you over and over again but to you it feels like going round and round because your state is like a blind man groping the walls still not finding his way despite the light shining
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Your point?
even the physical blind can see it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bible To Undergo New Revision (news Story) / Why 66 Books Of The Bible? / Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.