Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,741 members, 7,935,208 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:57 AM

Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? (22299 Views)

All Mutilated And Rejected Naira Notes In The South Are Accepted in The North / Recoloured Naira Notes Still In Circulation - CBN Insists / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by motionarena: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2023
H
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Vivvvy1(f): 9:40am On Feb 11, 2023
grin grin grin cheesy
clinician2x:

How will our eyes clear after 25th?

Is it that u will be getting free new naira deposited in ur house, free fuel, uninterrupted power and good job while out own situation will be worse and worse?

You are a fool.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2023
Saladdin:
Both are still accepted. To even get the old notes na war. I withdrew some yesterday at an exorbitant cost. (After this whole ish, I'll make it a point to significantly limit my patronage of POS operators, many are really heartless).

If anybody likes let them join some politicians in rejecting it without any easily accessible alternative, na una go hear am.
I swear.I go avoid them like a girl in a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by 4ward4: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2023
Ken4Christ:
This question is uncalled for. We are supposed to be united against this policy that is adding pains to injury. We are the ones who should be opposing nonesense policies that is not in our favour.

So, why shouldn't people collect the old notes?

Suffer never tire you?

I tell you, a mass of 200 million ,is allowing just 2 person to play chess with their brain.

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

I guess that is a mere speculation, i. Just spoke with two of my friends in Abuja and they attested that nobody is accepting it in. Abuja . Which area of Abuja are you

People are still using it in Abuja here, yesterday I met a lady going to bank to deposit 300k old notes because she is afraid I collected if from her for my pos business and transfer 300k to her account it didn't take up to two hours that money is gone in pos business

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Indispensable85(m): 9:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Most people are still using it here, especially for transport fares.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by alobright17(m): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2023
Kokoboss:
some are still actually collecting in some parts of Abuja. We still dey spend am here for my place well.
Is a matter of time before they'll stop

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by udomma1005(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2023
In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, we're still using it. If you norgree collect am, u go either collect slaps or better beatings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by heysquare(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2023
With ease we still dey spend am. New note implementation flopped bigly! Emefele just woke up and think the next thing was to change the colour of the note without envisaged the supply problem of the paper for printing of the new note. The guy is a collosal failure from the beginning of Buhari administration

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Wisejohnson47(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

I guess that is a mere speculation, i. Just spoke with two of my friends in Abuja and they attested that nobody is accepting it in. Abuja . Which area of Abuja are you
people are still accepting it here in Abuja sir
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Emeka71(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Emmanuella00:
I'm surprised, people are still collecting it,in my area!
Some are spending the thing while some are rejecting the money in Warri.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by superCleanworks(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

oga we are doing large business and patronizing businesses here in Abuja. if you bring 1 million naira old notes I will SPECULATE and take all of them. grin
if I hear say my boy reject old money na Kuje prison he go sleep. grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by ozo13(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:
How is old note been treated in your area? Are shops, filling station or banks accepting it?

Here in Isheri axis of Ogun state, everyone is rejecting it including shops, banks, filling station, supermarket etc
I just bought comb and bulb now with old 500note I was given as change yesterday

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
eki2000:
Ba

I have been following the trends and I'm still following 😁😀😀😀
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2023
superCleanworks:

oga we are doing large business and patronizing businesses here in Abuja. if you bring 1 million naira old notes I will SPECULATE and take all of them. grin

1 million naira cash would be a lot of blessings at this period 😀😀😀😀😃

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2023
sukkot:
presidency work is brain power not manual labor. obi brainpower is too low to lead nigeria

Yeaaa, that's why PDP is a tear tear umbrelata
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by superCleanworks(m): 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
Hier:

1 million naira cash would be a lot of blessings at this period 😀😀😀😀😃

I swear I will accept all of it.
10 million naira old notes. I will accept.

one babe was saying trash they don't accept old notes and she was fighting a customer. so I asked her if she will collect 10k old notes if i give her for free, she started smiling 😂

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Omoteloyeayo: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
We are still collecting it 10,000 for 1000 in pos deposit
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by kzubyar(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

Abuja we still they collect old naira note in fact I have them here in my puckets
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Tonytonex(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:
How is old note been treated in your area? Are shops, filling station or banks accepting it?

Here in Isheri axis of Ogun state, everyone is rejecting it including shops, banks, filling station, supermarket etc
yes very well. Nobody is rejecting it. I still have and spend it this Saturday morning.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by blackmantis: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

From Aya none of the cabs I used rejected it. At gudu market I've bought items and paid with old 1000 notes.....
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by hizmail(m): 11:04am On Feb 11, 2023
ifytrik:
same hear, i even joined them in rejecting it yesterday even though i still have up to 40k of it left in my house.
take ur remaining old notes to ur state CBN for deposit

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Tonytonex(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2023
Hier:
I accepted it and used it throughout yesterday.

Emefiele was saying yesterday that there was no enough sentisitive materials to meet the demand of the new notes, how do you follow a confused person and not end up confused yourself?

Plus, there was a meeting yesterday with Buhari that ended without any clear direction as to whether old note should be used or not.

And again, supreme court balablu on Wednesday grin grin grin grin

Modified

I am still using it today and I am accepting it
very funny grin

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by ifytrik(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Collyno82:
m*mu man
idiot
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by hardbody: 11:40am On Feb 11, 2023
I have neither the old nor the new notes. I buy with card at the supermarket, I have enough petrol in my vehicles and I work from home. Life is good. All of you that voted 4 by 4 and still want to continue, good luck. I have no political sympathy with anyone. Like I have said severally, I am positioned to survive whatever you guys foist on yourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Papichulostunne(m): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:

I just use am buy something now now now now..
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by faceland: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2023
It is a game of "hot potato" here. Yesterday I suffered just to get rid of the last notes in my possession (my body is still feeling the effects of yesterday's stress).

I am not collecting that money, I don't even want to touch it. If someone pays me with old note, I feel resentment as if they want to scam me.

Some POS agents are still circulating it due to lack of cash.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Holav(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2023
😂😂 here in lagos people just dey spend old money dey go,nothing concern anybody with deadline again.

Some people here in nairaland dey sabi lie nobody dey reject old money, wetin dey amaze me b sey people no care again with d deadlines,

If dey give u old notes dey reject am naa hungry go wire Yr body if u no see any cash 2 spend
superCleanworks:

4 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Onyi90(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Still a legal tender in Ikoyi Axis cool
As a matter of fact when i went to purchase recharge card for my data sub which cost 5k for Airtel 22g from a POS attendant that also sale recharge card, the way I was rushed with my Old Notes eh grin
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Ken4Christ: 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
4ward4:

I tell you, a mass of 200 million ,is allowing just 2 person to play chess with their brain.

Enough is enough. Even if they bring another dead line, we should reject it unless the new notes are in adequate quantity.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by mechanics(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
ifytrik:
same hear, i even joined them in rejecting it yesterday even though i still have up to 40k of it left in my house.
Nawa o, what are you still doing with that amount with you up till now?
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ancestortinubu:
Are you still voting APC? Many who shouted sai buhari in 2015 and 2019 cannot tell the story today. Your life is more than cajoling tribal opponents.

So, it is now APC thing? When some of you have already hailed Emefiele and Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki / Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. / Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.