Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? (22164 Views)

All Mutilated And Rejected Naira Notes In The South Are Accepted in The North / Recoloured Naira Notes Still In Circulation - CBN Insists / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Inosky: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
People will soon stop taking government and their nonsense policy serious.
Spend the old notes, accept the old notes, don't put it in the useless banks keep it at hope.
Useless set of people ruining this country, thinking everyone is stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by sylva1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Inasmuch as the new notes are not available, the old ones will still be accepted. You can't be rejecting old notes when you can't find the new ones.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Holav:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ here in lagos people just dey spend old money dey go,nothing concern anybody with deadline again.

Some people here in nairaland dey sabi lie nobody dey reject old money, wetin dey amaze me b sey people no care again with d deadlines,

If dey give u old notes dey reject am naa hungry go wire Yr body if u no see any cash 2 spend

Unless person doesn't want to make sales. Petrol filling stations are the ones creating problems for us in Osun State, their rejection of old notes is making drivers rejecting it and it is spreading among the residents

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
superCleanworks:

I swear I will accept all of it.
10 million naira old notes. I will accept.

one babe was saying trash they don't accept old notes and she was fighting a customer. so I asked her if she will collect 10k old notes if i give her for free, she started smiling πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, her mouth is salivating already, she's thinking of the ice cream and barbecue she will buy with itπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ, someone said, if we reject the old notes, where will we find change in new notes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ, 1,000 is everywhere, but 200 and 500 is very scarce.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by TemmyT002(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nope
Nobody, not even the filling stations

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
bewla:
We have started burning them

Just pass yours here let me help you
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
I just got info from an insider in bank that CBN just circulated a memo that banks should remit all the old notes in their possession by Monday as deadline, meaning many banks have stopped collecting, I still think anyone holding old notes will go to CBN to submit it otherwise you will have it as relics.

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by richie240: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kyase:

Buhari attending Tinubu's campaign dey really pain una ooo 🀣🀣🀣
Just few weeks back, you were glorifying buhari and that ass hole in CBN on this same issue ooo
Asin ehn, these guys are like d wind: no specific direction. Yesterday they are rejoicing and supporting d currency issh, today it's a 180 degree u-turn.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by richie240: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hehehehehe.... grin
If u have someone in d whole of alaigbo with a quarter of tinubu' achievement, u guys will praise and support him to high heavens even if he's 200 years old and bedridden.

Ndi hypocrites!
cool

SmartPolician:

It's unthinkable, senseless and idiotic to compare the strength of Peter Obi who visits three states in less than 24 hours with that of Tinubu whom people sometimes help to walk and climb podiums.

PS: I won't reply you again.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by AngelicBeing: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
sad
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by 754babalola: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
WowWow...
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by HRprof: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Don’t blame people that rejects old note banks send information to their customers yesterday. I got the notification on my mail yesterday see image.

I was at the bank yesterday a bank staff was depositing her old note saying she don’t know what will happen next.

I had new notes but when I bought something yesterday evening from my customer she gave me old Nate as change at first I didn’t want to collect it I later told her I will use it to buy something today from her she accepted.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by richie240: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
Saladdin:
Both are still accepted. To even get the old notes na war. I withdrew some yesterday at an exorbitant cost. (After this whole ish, I'll make it a point to significantly limit my patronage of POS operators, many are really heartless).

If anybody likes let them join some politicians in rejecting it without any easily accessible alternative, na una go hear am.
You can say that again.
Just 3 days ago, I just needed some little cash to transport myself to an impromptu journey, the guy I approached was so full of himself. He told me : "500 for 3000, and u can't collect more than (that) 3k". In fact he carried himself like he was doing my ministry a favor.
I just said within myself that even if I'm going to pay that amount, it won't be to him. I walked away from him

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Kyase(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
richie240:

Asin ehn, these guys are like d wind: no specific direction. Yesterday they are rejoicing and supporting d currency issh, today it's a 180 degree u-turn.

Na confusion! (Factorial) πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
faceland:
It is a game of "hot potato" here. Yesterday I suffered just to get rid of the last notes in my possession (my body is still feeling the effects of yesterday's stress).

I am not collecting that money, I don't even want to touch it. If someone pays me with old note, I feel resentment as if they want to scam me.

Some POS agents are still circulating it due to lack of cash.

Calm down πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ, nobody is scamming youπŸ˜€, assuming you want to buy something for 200 and you gave them the new 1000 note, where do you expect them to get 500 and 200 new notes to pay you back πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ’ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Holav:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ here in lagos people just dey spend old money dey go,nothing concern anybody with deadline again.

Some people here in nairaland dey sabi lie nobody dey reject old money, wetin dey amaze me b sey people no care again with d deadlines,

If dey give u old notes dey reject am naa hungry go wire Yr body if u no see any cash 2 spend

Market woman and aboki still they collect old notes, you go buy tomato πŸ… and alubosa, them go bless you with enough old notes as changeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜€

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Hier(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
HRprof:
Don’t blame people that rejects old note banks send information to their customers yesterday. I got the notification on my mail yesterday see image.

I was at the bank yesterday a bank staff was depositing her old note saying she don’t know what will happen next.

I had new notes but when I bought something yesterday evening from my customer she gave me old Nate as change at first I didn’t want to collect it I later told her I will use it to buy something today from her she accepted.
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Henrydata(m): 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:
I just got info from an insider in bank that CBN just circulated a memo that banks should remit all the old notes in their possession by Monday as deadline, meaning many banks have stopped collecting, I still think anyone holding old notes will go to CBN to submit it otherwise you will have it as relics.
this ur insider must be lieing

Except you want people to burn the banks.

New notes not available and the banks refuses to collect the old note as deposit. Be ready for war
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Agadinaagwuofe: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
Henrydata:
this ur insider must be lieing

Except you want people to burn the banks.

New notes not available and the banks refuses to collect the old note as deposit. Be ready for war

Bros no be war on Monday you can go and pay, I really wish it can be extended to reduce the suffering of the poor masses and banks can go ahead with collecting old notes. But as advice don't take to burning and attacking banks, you might not live to tell the tale the country now is in precipice and with insecurity everywhere, you can be a target of an overzealous security personnel. A word is enough for a foolish person let alone a wise man.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Stargurl20(f): 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
That one na for who get money na
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by femijay8271(m): 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
ify2016:

Here in Ibafo, Ogun State, people are still accepting it. I boarded public bus this morning from Ketu to Ibafo but no issue with it. Only thing I observed was that people are very scanty on the road. 18 seater bus ended with only 7 passengers.

Na mile 12 u go ni?
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by owunabastard: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
People are still collecting old note, I went to market today and bought everything with the old note. As I see, this policy has failed. We may continue using the old note even after election
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by folake4u(f): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
I had the old notes on me today. All the vehicles I wanted to board kept rejecting it when they saw it was old notes.

Finally entered one cab and he was so angry I was giving him old notes, even after people in the car told him that FG has extended the deadline. The man nor gree oh. He said he has many old notes at home and even filling stations do not accept it also.

After much pleading, he finally collected it.

I'm even confused. Who we wan obey. FG or Supreme Court? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Pells1: 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
Na to leave this shithole go Luxembourg remain
Yeye boy undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma / Made In Aba Goods Get A Global Marketing Β boost / We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.