Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,671 members, 7,938,038 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? (1337 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
Is there?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nothing wrong dear, only foolish women and men think otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Acidosis(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
None at all.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by JASONjnr(m): 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
Arkmanbuddy:
Nothing wrong dear, only foolish women and men think otherwise.

You're very funny.....

Even the wife should reject being a housewife....

Maybe you don't know what idleness can lead a person to...

The moment you are engaged, you take a lot of fruitless thoughts away from you...

Idleness will make a housewife think dull and unproductive.

I'd prefer my wife works and earn something while I foot the rest of the bills...But having her a stay at home wife will only make her bring lots of problems to me.

I had a girl I kept at home and she will not allow me rest whenever I return from work...She will be planning how to seduce me... While I will be planning to eat and rest...

Reject her advances and she began to suspect all my female colleagues that calls me after work...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

You're very funny.....

The moment you are engaged, you take a lot of fruitless thoughts away from you...

I'd prefer my wife works and earn something while I foot the rest of the bills...But having her a stay at home wife will only make her bring lots of problems to me.

I had a girl I kept at home and she will not allow me rest whenever I return from work...She will be planning how to seduce me... While I will be planning to eat and rest...

Reject her advances and she began to suspect all my female colleagues that calls me after work...

Who says a housewife cannot work? Who says you have to leave the house to an office or shop space to be seen as working? There are many women who own their businesses and are doing well, yet are still housewives.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by marlow1962(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Any woman that is a house wife, is a useless woman.
What a man can do, a woman can do better, let the woman go and work and stop being useless to herself, her husband/bf and the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by imagrg(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Best job for the moral upbringing of the children but this is completely absent in recent times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Betterhalf2(f): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2023
It depends on what you really want for your family & for yourself as a married woman.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Nazgul: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
It wouldn't be wise to be 100% dependant on your husband. You'll hardly have a say in that home, he won't respect you, and considering how expensive it is to manage a family, he'll keep complaining how wasteful you are with the finances he gives you.

Also, if anything happens to him, like death or he looses his job, things are going to be horrible for you the wife. You'll be tempted to sleep with men just to feed yourself and kids.

It's not advisable...

Evey woman should at least engage in something doing, no matter how small, she should have her own independent money she can always use to sort out petty family expenses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

You're very funny.....

so are you saying house chores are irrelevant or not as relevant as working?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
marlow1962:
What a man can do, a woman can do better, let the woman go and work and stop being useless to herself, her husband/bf and the society.
are you saying taking care of the home and family is useless?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Betterhalf2:
It depends on what you really want for your family & for yourself as a married woman.
definately. But which do you personally prefer?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nazgul:
It wouldn't be wise to be 100% dependant on your husband. You'll hardly have a say in that home, he won't respect you, and considering how expensive it is to manage a family, he'll keep complaining how wasteful you are with the finances he gives you.

Also, if anything happens to him, like death or he looses his job, things are going to be horrible for you the wife. You'll be tempted to sleep with men just to feed yourself and kids.

It's not advisable...

Evey woman should at least engage in something doing, no matter how small, she should have her own independent money she can always use to sort out petty family expenses.
alright. Thank you.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Sniper101(m): 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Baba, everything is wrong with being a total and complete "housewife"

ask some married women who go about cheating with neighbors and every other attractive young men they come across via social media, they'll tell you "boredom" was part of the cause.

even the good book itself had said "an idle mind (and hand) is the devil's workshop".

Other than that sef ehn
I no fit wife a woman who can't take me out
Once in a while and give me a nice treat. Naahh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by benqo01(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
marlow1962:

Remember different strokes for different folks,some men like thier wives being full time house wives

But for me i can't i will allow her work so she won't be idle

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by benqo01(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2023
Well i don't think your hubby will like such idea,and as a married woman try to get yourself busy work or something it helps alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by frozen70(f): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
Is there?

The only thing there is that, the family source of income is just one sided and the burden on the man maybe too heavy and it can weigh him down

Being a house wife is more stressful and strenuous than being a working class woman
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by spencekat(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Everything is wrong
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by marlow1962(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
benqo01:

Remember different strokes for different folks,some men like thier wives being full time house wives

But for me i can't i will allow her work so she won't be idle
I won't either
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by marlow1962(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
are you saying taking care of the home and family is useless?
Taking care of the home and family is pictured in a different way by different ppl, and yes anybody can take care of the home and family.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Betterhalf2(f): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
definately. But which do you personally prefer?

I prefer to work or do business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
marlow1962:

Taking care of the home and family is pictured in a different way by different ppl, and yes anybody can take care of the home and family.
I'm not arguing this, but you did say the job of a housewife is useless. Are you doubling down on that?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
spencekat:
Everything is wrong
okay. Why if I may ask?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Sniper101:
Baba, everything is wrong with being a total and complete "housewife"

ask some married women who go about cheating with neighbors and every other attractive young men they come across via social media, they'll tell you "boredom" was part of the cause.

even the good book itself had said "an idle mind (and hand) is the devil's workshop".

Other than that sef ehn
I no fit wife a woman who can't take me out
Once in a while and give me a nice treat. Naahh.
No wahala. Reasons noted. For faithfulness and occasional enjoyment. Got it. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by 1Sharon(f): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

You're very funny.....

I hope you know being a housewife when there are multiple children involved is a job in itself right?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by HellVictorinho7: 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
Make i see wife first

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by spencekat(m): 6:17am On Feb 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
okay. Why if I may ask?
Sitting at home doing what exactly?Like she is lazy or a gossip?An idle mind is a devil's workshop.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by zed7: 6:23am On Feb 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

Women think the compensation men need for taking care of them is sex. What men really need is respect amd loyalty.

Sex is a mutual thing both partners enjoy. It's not a reward or a gift.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Betterhalf2:

I prefer to work or do business.
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Being A House Wife? by ValeeLove(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
spencekat:
Sitting at home doing what exactly?Like she is lazy or a gossip?An idle mind is a devil's workshop.
it's not like home keeping isn't also important or do you think otherwise?

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Took Me Out On A Date But Refused To Settle The Bills / Hot Banging / My Ex-husband Had An Affair With My Best Friend While I Was Fighting For My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.