Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike (22316 Views)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by elonmuskbaby: 5:30am On Feb 12, 2023
Ha
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by eki2000(m): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2023
I will stop collecting old notes today. I think this is a win for cashless policy, nothing good comes without inconvenience. I think that gradually the new money will circulate.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Ausbongean: 5:42am On Feb 12, 2023
Confusion everywhere, even buhari and emefeile are confuse on what to do next

4 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by InvertedHammer: 5:44am On Feb 12, 2023
/

CBN gave directives and you are listening to Supreme Court.

Ok. Go deposit the money at the Supreme Court.

/

4 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by dododawa1: 5:51am On Feb 12, 2023
Everybody and muscle
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by papadiho(m): 5:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Cbn said they don't have paper to print money and you are rejecting the ones you see no be juju be that?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by PastorandMentor(m): 6:03am On Feb 12, 2023
Your problem is over sabi.. You just believe the headline was what i quoted from. You have a small brain.

Punch gathered that many traders in the Federal Capital Territory, Ogun, and Lagos states had started rejecting the old N1,000, N500, and N200 notes.

lexy2014:

the heading says "banks reject old naira notes".
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Zulum500: 6:18am On Feb 12, 2023
Stopped peddling fake news 🤣😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Gift96: 6:24am On Feb 12, 2023
Kobonaire4:
The road to cashless is smooth and easy....
maybe smooth and easy has another definition sha

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by lexy2014: 6:25am On Feb 12, 2023
PastorandMentor:
Your problem is over sabi.. You just believe the headline was what i quoted from. You have a small brain.

Punch gathered that many traders in the Federal Capital Territory, Ogun, and Lagos states had started rejecting the old N1,000, N500, and N200 notes.

You sound hurt Why are you hurt? What's the problem? Do you need a hug?

In the punch quote, did it say ALL traders or MANY traders? Is there a difference between both?
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Cutehector(m): 7:18am On Feb 12, 2023
The only way out of this mess is Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Fuckyoumod: 7:26am On Feb 12, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
fools will still come here to defend this policy,who do us this thing?
how much do you have in your bank account? Do you have up to 50k?

How many million Nigerians have up to 100k in there bank account?
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Brushstrokes20: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2023
The lifeless animal in human skin and emeFAILURE are hell bent on destroying whatever is left of the doomed contraption! undecided
In his dumb as Fvck quest to cage a BAT, the lifeless coward decided to set a whole nation on fire instead of DIRECTLY CONFRONTING the CORRUPT DRUGGIE undecided... but the impending conflagration will consume him and his family before anyone else!

Why subject millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship because of your stupid, SPINELESS MIEN of getting back at your fellow corrupt cohort
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by leisuretym: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2023
Bankers are thieves, imagine how much the bankers are taking in now on daily basis.
They are the beneficiaries of this crisis

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Jack500: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Enddy50ty:
I told people who were rejoicing over Supreme Court judgement on the old Naira notes that when the deadline elapses and banks starts rejecting the old notes, they should go and pay it into their Supreme Court accounts 😆😆😆

Ever since the infamous Supreme Court judgment on the new Naira notes, Buhari and the the CBN governor has been silent, not even an official statement from either of them.

Knowing their history on disobeying court orders.

Bank will accept the old notes, they no born their papa well, unless they want people to set their bank premises ablaze.

Everyone is transacting in the old notes here in Osun state

2 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by maasoap(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Enddy50ty:
I told people who were rejoicing over Supreme Court judgement on the old Naira notes that when the deadline elapses and banks starts rejecting the old notes, they should go and pay it into their Supreme Court accounts 😆😆😆

Ever since the infamous Supreme Court judgment on the new Naira notes, Buhari and the the CBN governor has been silent, not even an official statement from either of them.

Knowing their history on disobeying court orders.

I don't know why I found your submission insensitive. Shouldn't Nigerians have rejoiced after the ruling? Was that not some sort of relief? Is that judgement not the reason people are still spending the old notes as at yesterday?
Mr Enemy of the masses, what made the injunction infamous?

3 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by maasoap(m): 8:18am On Feb 12, 2023
Amayabor1:
I think the supreme court judgement on the new naira notes is just an academic exercise. The old notes are already being rejected across almost all cities in Nigeria.

CBN announced that old naira notes can still be deposited at CBN brances Nationwide. So, why are these thieves (sorry marketers) threatening strike? They shouldn't allow themselves to be used by the APC and Tinubu.

You shouldn't have included APC at all, you should have made it about Tinubu, lol. You Zombiedients love suffering, many of you are simply sadists, unhappy people.
They may be rejecting old notes in your city but not my city and many people have claimed here that they are still spending and receiving it. The only problem we have is petrol stations that are selling normal price, they are the only one rejecting it.
If you are seller and you reject old notes, you won't make any sales be dat.

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2023
yelanst:
Why can't they secure POS machine for their businesses? Why are Nigerians always creating problems where non exist? Simply secure a POS to run your business. Is that too hard to do? Let us stop being primitive in this part of the world.

Every society needs cash. May be taxi drivers and okada riders should get POS too. May be farmers and villagers with no access to electricity and internet services and with high illiteracy should get POS too.
Make una dey use your brain when commenting

3 Likes

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/

CBN gave directives and you are listening to Supreme Court.

Ok. Go deposit the money at the Supreme Court.

/

It is about what institution is in sync with reality. CBN officials by all standards have lost it, they don't even have any direction, they are lost. Supreme court on the other hand has managed to provide some sort of direction for the masses and it actually helps.
You Zombiedients are not happy, we understand your pain

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Brushstrokes20: 8:28am On Feb 12, 2023
# BRING IT ON asap!... It's long overdue!

Since the lifeless coward would rather inflict unwarranted hardship on the populace rather than confront the corrupt druggie cool

The shithole is about to go down undecided...
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Banhammy717: 8:30am On Feb 12, 2023
I've never seen a terrible human being like Godwin Emeifele.
This is a lesson to incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Inshallah). He should know who to put in critical positions in his government.
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Emmynwasmart: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2023
It shall never be well with the shaky shaky hands and legs ancient of days baba emiloko if not for the cash he hoarded their wouldn't have been all these problems that Nigerians are facing funny enough he wants to take his shaking skills to another level ( to Aso rock)

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Fearyourcreator: 9:08am On Feb 12, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Only the wicked will vote for APC again. angry

If you want to know the person that is not interested in your progress in life. Ask him which party he or she is voting for.
You were happy before na ... Hate for Tinubu don block some peoples reasoning
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by JAYUK(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2023
Same petrol stations that fix their prices without considering the impact on Nigerians are now threatening to shut down because of naira notes redesign which they have no power in, this presidential election must hold and the chosen one will ascend to Aso Rock, time of reckoning is coming.
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by philipobiz: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2023
PastorandMentor:
Old notes still accepted in Abuja.
I used yesterday..
Taxi guys collect it
Vendors collect it
I am in Abuja. It depends. Its a mix. Some are, and others are not collecting it.
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by mimee9(f): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2023
We are still spending the old notes in my area in Lagos,just spent 7800 of the old notes in lagos this morning
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by horlahwaley(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2023
maasoap:

Every society needs cash. May be taxi drivers and okada riders should get POS too. May be farmers and villagers with no access to electricity and internet services and with high illiteracy should get POS too.
Make una dey use your brain when commenting
No mind the mumu, he clearly didnt read the part where the inefficiency of online transactions was mentioned

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by salimsule197: 10:01am On Feb 12, 2023
New Naira Note Shocks Market Women: Hear Their Unfiltered Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfBHuHLl3c
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Amayabor1: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2023
maasoap:

You shouldn't have included APC at all, you should have made it about Tinubu, lol. You Zombiedients love suffering, many of you are simply sadists, unhappy people.
They may be rejecting old notes in your city but not my city and many people have claimed here that they are still spending and receiving it. The only problem we have is petrol stations that are selling normal price, they are the only one rejecting it.
If you are seller and you reject old notes, you won't make any sales be dat.

Ode! Only an idiot thinks every post on Nairaland is from obidients and urchins. For your information, I am from the south south and Atiku/PDP has my votes and the votes of every member of my family. If petrol stations and even banks are rejecting old notes (Institutions that ordinarily should be accepting the old notes), what does that tell you? You are spending old notes in your city but commercial banks and petrol stations are rejecting old notes. Lol. grin grin grin

Sellers rejecting old notes are making sales. They there dey play.

1 Like

Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 12, 2023
Emefiele and Buhari are moving like two headless chickens
Re: Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2023
Emefielle said no paper to mint money and he still gave us short deadline for naira swap. In the new dictionary there will be a new word,
EMEFIELLE: Meaning Wickedness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Businesses Fail In Nigeria? / Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) / Aba: We Struggle To Produce Made-in-nigeria Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.