Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,829 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:41 PM

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands (46856 Views)

Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Iliveforever(m): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Toktee:
How?
We are solidly behind inept government of Buhari on this, no one should be allowed to use money to impose disaster on us.

The masses have decide.

We’re no longer accepting Old currency.

Tinubu and his urchins can go and die
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by iswallker(m): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Emefiele, your defiance is nothing but a charade. This is a “Try a luck” policy. In all the policies the apex bank has brought so far, this is the stupidest of them all.

People can’t access their funds, shortage of the new currency, POS charges skyrocketing even for the old notes all in a situation where Nigerians have found themselves in hyperinflation. You and this APC government are a disgrace to modern day government and banking!

You said nothing based on facts.?
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Akwaokukuo: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
abbey621:

Any policy that does not take into effect the strain on the masses is a dumb policy! Even the mighty America did not discard old notes once the new ones came out, they gradually replaced them over years and up till now, you can still take old notes to the banks and they'll collect it.....Are you saying Nigeria is wiser then them?

Furthermore, replacing old notes with new notes to curb inflation while continuing to borrow money, big government and wasteful spending is comical grin grin grin. Your fixation on Tinubu is also laughable so let me tell you one simple fact today, even if the masses don't have access to new notes, person like Tinubu already has billions stashed, na una dey do una sef because worse comes to worst, he will spend dollars. Know this and know peace......Ire ooooooo!
The reason why America changed their old note is not the same reason why Nigeria changed theirs.
The reason why Nigeria changed their currency is because many corrupt politicians like Tinubu stashed billions of old naira currency, that is why he has been so pained about the new development.
The problem will be solved by printing and injecting new naira currency into the system but on no condition should the old currency be accepted even at gunpoint.
Banks should start rejecting old currencies as fast as possible and start printing new currency while setting withdrawal limit.
Let me ask you a question.
Why are you in support of old currency acceptance instead of advocating for the circulation of the new currency?
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by hollywater: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Emefiele, your defiance is nothing but a charade. This is a “Try a luck” policy. In all the policies the apex bank has brought so far, this is the stupidest of them all.

People can’t access their funds, shortage of the new currency, POS charges skyrocketing even for the old notes all in a situation where Nigerians have found themselves in hyperinflation. You and this APC government are a disgrace to modern day government and banking!
Oga Tinubu and that short Man from Kaduna with the help of Bank Manager's are stocking new naira note worth 22b.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by 12inchess: 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
By now if you're still supporting Emefiele and his useless you either
1 ) A child of hate or
2)Your head is not correct

If you think that this policy will prevent politicians from vote buy then you must be delusional.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by sylve11: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jerrydox:
As at yesterday, there were transaction with the old currency in Onitsha, Anambra State.

What is now the fate of people like me with the old 500 naira? My 500 naira must not waste o.

I used mine yesterday o. grin cool
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by richkal(m): 4:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
It's always sounds funny to me when people say this will stop vote buying? Like how, these guys have direct control of some bank managers.

You guys are quick to forgot that Dollars were use to settle scores at APC primary election and you are saying this will stop vote buying. Bigotry blinds lots of people SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Deoo1125: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
If u no say e sure ur mama, ur papa and ur Ancestor make u go any bank go talk this nonsense.

Offpoint1:
God Bless Emefiele
God Bless Buhari
God Bless Nigeria...

We are at the right course and this is one of Buhari's policy I will never forget, the time was right.

Let those who want CHANGE in their convenience cry me a river.

Let all banks sit up and improve on their various bank WEB/APPS/USSD for swift transactions.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Deoo1125: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Infact they are real pigs, those people no suppose lives with human beings.

Jack500:
Emefiele and his fellow okoros will be jailed as soon as Tinubu is declared.

Useless tribe of pigs. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Brushstrokes20: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
The lifeless coward and emeFAILURE are the most catastrophic combo ever!
Buhari should face and deal with tinubu squarely RATHER than subject millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship!
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided

Nig urgently needs a SANE AND SOUND LEADER!

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Deoo1125: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Oode ni Kure, It will not be well with u and ur generation on born for this nonsense u just talk so, u guys think this thing wey dey happen so na joke right? How I wish u dey my front now make I show u weitin craze mean.

CondemnBattery:
Nice one...

I don't have the old notes, majority of the Nigerians don't have the old notes either. So who are those clamouring for extension? If not for those vote buyers.

What we should be after is getting new notes in circulation, not going back to our vomits.

APC... TUEH.
Useless party.

Kudos to bubu and emefiele on this one

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Everlastingson: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Realists:
Son of Devil has spoken, this guy is a mole planted by those who sponsored the 1966 coup d'etat that destroyed Nigeria's growth and development.
What an evil excuse because you want to catch a Rat, you will set your farm on fire ?. Election will come and go but Nigeria's economy will feel the brunt of the Nyamiri village square economy system.

Cry more. Evil being.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by EbenezerTriumph: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2023
shugagurl:

Mumu, of what use is a currency that is not bankable? Idiot
for a woman you shouldn't be using vulgar words when arguing.
learn to counter people's opinions constructively
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by abbey621(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

The reason why America changed their old note is not the same reason why Nigeria changed theirs.
The reason why Nigeria changed their currency is because many corrupt politicians like Tinubu stashed billions of old naira currency, that is why he has been so pained about the new development.
The problem will be solved by printing and injecting new naira currency into the system but on no condition should the old currency be accepted even at gunpoint.
Banks should start rejecting old currencies as fast as possible and start printing new currency while setting withdrawal limit.
Let me ask you a question.
Why are you in support of old currency acceptance instead of advocating for the circulation of the new currency?

The reasons are actually quite similar, economic security! The last time it was changed was because of many dangerous elements had their own printing machines and they were able to print large amount of counterfeit dollars resulting in high level inflation.

Now here's the shocker, in your attempt to believe you are harming Tinubu with the redesign, ask yourself why is the new note scarce? If the masses are not getting it, that means the elites like Tinubu are hoarding it hence WHO'S DOING WHOM? You can advocate for more new notes in circulation but it will just go to the elites, I can tell you now that people like Tinubu, Dangote and Otedola have 10, 20, 50, or even 100s of people that will bring new notes for them so the cries you hear are not of Tinubu but of the masses like you and most people on this forum that will end up paying more bank fees for electronic transactions because you don't have physical cash to buy simple things like recharge card.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Dave2011: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jerrydox:
As at yesterday, there were transaction with the old currency in Onitsha, Anambra State.

What is now the fate of people like me with the old 500 naira? My 500 naira must not waste o.

Take it to any CBN closet to you and it will be replaced with the not redesigned notes!
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by femicyrus(m): 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tinubu is the target of this man and the only way to make him pay for punishing the whole country just because of 1 man is for tinubu to win the election.

I know his next plan will be to leave the country before swearing in

But nemesis cannot be escaped

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Everlastingson: 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
All of you here wailing and calling out Emefiele are hypocrites. Is Emefiele your evil ruling party. The whole issue is from APC, the evil party. This is another reason you hypocrites should quickly reject APC.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Senator777: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
PlayMaker14:
[/b]

Thank you Emefiele, do whatever you can to thwart their vote buying plans, we dey your back like hunchback.... grin

It's like you don't read what the man said that some leaders have bought huge amount of new naira note and keep for a purpose.

Politicians are smarter than you think.

You will understand better on 25th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by ufotunang: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
We are using the old naira notes here... supreme Court said old notes is still a legal tender...you cannot be powerful than the supreme Court

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by SouthSouth1914: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Bluffly:

Let us call a spade a spade. Emeifele did no wrong. Did the banks put a dime of what they received into the ATM machine? who has been able to withdraw comfortably over the counter? The implementation is not just about Naira redesign but inflation control and insecurity fight cum or maybe political vote buying. Looking at these reasons, there is no other way to implement it. It is the commercial banks that traded the policy and started selling the currency to some big shots, the same way they give loans to only big shots.
What I just see is that they should have circulated enough 100 naira notes before implementation.

Chaos will be the end result. As well orchestrated by the president himself so the Army could take over? Have you thought about this point? Maybe we are running into an interim government in the coming days, weeks?
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Bluffly: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Chaos will be the end result. As well orchestrated by the president himself so the Army could take over? Have you thought about this point? Maybe we are running into an interim government in the coming days, weeks?
That is simply a conspiracy theory
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Bluffly: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
ufotunang:
We are using the old naira notes here... supreme Court said old notes is still a legal tender...you cannot be powerful than the supreme Court
What does the Supreme court know about inflation? Kangaroo judgement
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by asksafe(m): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emefiele and Bubu Buhari are greatest mistakes for Nigeria and God go punish them with their family
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

If Emefiele were to be a Yoruba man he would have been disgraced out of office by Buhari.

The IBOS propaganda machineries would have shut down Nigeria . Lagos would have been on fire by the IBOs.

I was at Redemption Camp yesterday and today, I saw how masses are suffering at Banks without solutions. Masses are facing hardship without help, yet nothing is done by Buhari. Some families have never eaten good foods for days, yet Emefiele is still talking.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by iyerikan12: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
Your Father, you and your present you guys just put Nigerians into a serious hardship just because of your personal interests. It will never be well with you guys until you lift the ban.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Inosky: 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
shocked sad
angry
Bastard
By the time they burn banks, una go get sense

Nothing will happen, Nigeria no get such morale, how many people wan follow you?
You're on your own. The best things for you is to go to CBN and deposit the old money before the scheduled date passes or you will use the money to decorate your museum after expiration.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by ipobarecriminals: 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
sad who told that I live in 🇳🇬 with U? Nah u and ur household go suffer an quote author=Inosky post=120912547]
grin grin. Namy
Nothing will happen, Nigeria no get such morale, how many people wan follow you?
You're on your own. The best things for you is to go to CBN and deposit the old money before the scheduled date passes or you will use the money to decorate your museum after expiration.[/quote]
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by searchlight: 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Stop wailing and face the fact that vote buying must be curbed. Your old criminal of Lagos is in deep troubles.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by searchlight: 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Realists:
Son of Devil has spoken, this guy is a mole planted by those who sponsored the 1966 coup d'etat that destroyed Nigeria's growth and development.
What an evil excuse because you want to catch a Rat, you will set your farm on fire ?. Election will come and go but Nigeria's economy will feel the brunt of the Nyamiri village square economy system.
I love the fact that Nyamiris are the ones tormenting you and your ground Fathers. I was thinking that 5% has no influence in the ZOO set-up until now.

Emefiele carry on my brother. They can wail all they want we don't care as long as Tinubu will be retired. The collective effort of every sane person even Buhari is to make sure that we don't allow a thief anywhere close to our national treasury and the mission must be accomplished at all cost.

They were thinking that they have mouth in government of Buhari until now. Where is osimbade, Fashola, gbajiabiamila and others that the claim Tinubu installed to help them?

When you want to better this country like Buhari want just turn to the Igbos and you'd achieve your goals. It is not about how many are in government it is about the influence of the one you have. It is clear now that Emefiele is the strongest man in nigeria after Buhari lol 😂😂
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by moodyguy: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
Supreme court don chop their money clear mouth
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by searchlight: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
In a Sane country, Emefiele would have since been arrested and thrown in jail for Gross misconduct and absolutely stupidity.

How can a CBN governor be giving an official statement 4 days after the proposed deadline? angry Emefiele is a Mumu man.
In a sane country you would have been aborted or your parents used condoms to save the earth of your nuisance
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by pfadom: 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
In the face of hunger, depression and lack, by simply denying to access to your cash.

Emefiele is a disaster!!!

fergie001:

Emefiele said the apex bank acknowledges the suffering of Nigerians, noting that effective implementation of the policy could scrap 4% of the inflation numbers

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals / Tony Elumelu Wears White Outfit To Celebrate Independence Day (Photo) / Uche Ogah's Industrial Estate In Uturu, Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.