Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges (12171 Views)

FX Arbitrage Widens To ₦‎206/$1 Enabling Round-Tripping, CBN Vows Crack Down / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / CBN Vows To Arrest Any Nigerian Buying Dollars With Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by rickleye: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
moyosore32:
Yinmu 🥱
Come my area, dem reach 3thousand wey dey charge exorbitant fee, u go prosecute tire even stores have refused to collect d old notes….. transfer and debit card is allowed tho
Just yesterday I paid 2,700 to get 27k… which is obviously d best rate around here
Note inside d 27k d new note I got no even reach 10k

ha ! wow .. you had to give a tithe to withdraw you hard earned cash. Plus you'll still pay withdraw fees to the bank .
Why on earth are people still going to vote APC ?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by babtoundey(m): 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
The CBN that can't control and penalize commercial banks that hoard and sell new and old Naira note is threatening to penalize POS agents. Emefiele is born stupid
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Justpassingby45(m): 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
MY question is that why are people afraid to go the ATM or Bank, did any POS operator force anybody to collect money from them?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me
Why should they Do they know that these operators buy cash ever since the banks have failed to disburse cash to them.
Yesterday I bought 300k for 20k and you expect me to change 100 naira If you were in my shoes you that is talking would have done worse

Can I send you a pm?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Aldol: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Yeye Cbn, God punish them
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Dididrumz(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN is intentionally acting stupid.

It's no fault of these POS guys, they too, are buying these money at unimaginable rates from bankers, so You can't blame them for the high charges.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by BrutusOj(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
tuzle:
all of u saying policy is helping us, which mumu policy is that. U made policy and didn't make the new note available. Since Friday I have been looking for cash, ATM are not paying and the POS u see they charge a lot and will still give u old notes.
Old note today or when? The policy will help us on the long run. There shall be no cash till after the elections. We will not die, no selling and buying of votes this year. Local men now know that old notes are no longer legal tenders, hence politicians won't give them the old notes they hid in their GP tanks and bullion vans. Use shopping malls to buy your goods. Almost every big malls in towns have village markets where they sell food items. Better still do trade by barter if you are in a remote area. No vex, make we manage till after elections. Enough is enough for vote buyers.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Aldol: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me
Why should they Do they know that these operators buy cash ever since the banks have failed to disburse cash to them.
Yesterday I bought 300k for 20k and you expect me to change 100 naira If you were in my shoes you that is talking would have done worse
Na una dey make the money scarce. Well I like what is happening, sebi some unlearned and idiots dey support the policy before? The reality is now setting in.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Alliswell248: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
Brendaniel:
Anything that will stop Tinubu and anyone planning to buy votes, sponsor electoral violence and malpractice is highly welcome..

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

Ipob miscreants have chosen Mr Jumper....
Someone who vowed never to leave apga.
Even Pa Ojukwu is ashamed of him.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by blowjohn(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.

Ur not serious. How much are banks collecting to give out the money?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Brendaniel: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
Alliswell248:

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Brendaniel: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
maasoap:

How about we sacrifice your parents? grin grin grin

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by uchennaq(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Some of the people here are just talking nonsense. I don't think Emefiele said that because most POS Operators don't have licence. An average POS OPERATOR needs around 200k daily for business, ATMS and banks are not paying, highest they pay 10k which is far from being enough. POS operators are buying cash from traders and fuel attendants at 10% - 20% extra charge. I wonder what you want them to do.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by uchennaq(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
This is no case. Anyone can choose to charge anything he or she wants after all it is their business.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Bizibi(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
BrutusOj:
Why the fuss about the policy abi CBN governor? Why do we Nigerians hate to say the truth? Because government made a policy which is likely to benefit us all, then some greedy Nigerians decided to take advantage of the scarcity of naira to exploit others in the name of POS business and you are here saying it's the CBN governor that should be prosecuted and not the criminals charging Nigerians exorbitant fee for withdrawal? How can you charge someone 1000 for withdrawing 5000. It's a criminal offence.
after the election Nigerians will look so stupid....this policy is no different from ex gov soludo policy. The cbn and the banks are the cause of the naira scarcity but some of you are just too blind to see it.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by tuzle(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
BrutusOj:
Old note today or when? The policy will help us on the long run. There shall be no cash till after the elections. We will not die, no selling and buying of votes this year. Local men now know that old notes are no longer legal tenders, hence politicians won't give them the old notes they hid in their GP tanks and bullion vans. Use shopping malls to buy your goods. Almost every big malls in towns have village markets where they sell food items. Better still do trade by barter if you are in a remote area. No vex, make we manage till after elections. Enough is enough for vote buyers.
no cash until after election, do u know what u are saying. U want anarchy to occur abi. I am not against changing the currency, but make the new currency available and don't make me suffer myself. If everybody use to collect transfer now, it would have been better but transfer doesn't even pay because my bank for example will charge u like #20 for each transfer plus other hidden charges.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Ferdinandu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.
That anger should be directed to Idiotic CBN Governor not the POS operators
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by jibsy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
Dear CBN, it is a whole value chain. Most of the bank agents source for cash at gas stations and other places at ridiculous prices just for them to at least still be in business and have daily bread. If not for them, most of these your banks would have gone up in flames. Make this new note available to the agents and prosecute anyone inflating charges. Just like NNPC saying they will prosecute any filling station selling fuel at 350. You and I know it makes neither common nor economic sense. All these kinds of statements really goes to show the weaknesses of some of these our institutions. Please let's all be guided pls.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by blowjohn(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
rickleye:

ha ! wow .. you had to give a tithe to withdraw you hard earned cash. Plus you'll still pay withdraw fees to the bank .
Why on earth are people still going to vote APC ?

Omo see small charge.

Here in abuja, yesterday I see person pay 1500 for 1k.

Live
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Justpassingby45(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Justpassingby45(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=Alliswell248 post=120905787]

ARE YOU ALRIGHT OR YOU ARE PLANN STUPID
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by blackmantis: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
AmotekunSW:
Meffy is behaving like someone under a curse.

He is not under a curse.....he himself is a curse.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Meti99(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
You that arrogantly disobey supreme Court order want to enforce discipline 😂😂😂

De play just dey play
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Indispensable85(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN and Emiefele are mad
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by izubext007: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
the law is for common man
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by MiaBeer(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Good idea
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by MMpeaceman: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
This nigeria where banks and other big corporations can make billions regulations are on the weak
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by yemmit90: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me

It is never your fault, I am 100% sure if those wicked traders and bankers selling it to you had giving you without charges, you would've probably charge your normal rate.

People will queue for hours at ATM, pay exorbitant charges at POS, buy something with the cash, only for the same traders who suppose to ensure free flow of the process to turned it into business.

The real problem started from these set of people and not POS guys.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by rickleye: 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
blowjohn:

Omo see small charge.

Here in abuja, yesterday I see person pay 1500 for 1k.

Live

Get Out ! Bro.. Impossible. If true, my sympathies
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Vickyp007(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
They should first arrest commercial banks for allowing only 3k withdrawal per individual against the order

1 Like

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by abidem4real: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Tunagee(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me

300k for 20k, the person who gave you money for that rate is a nice person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Upload Videos And Gets Paid $$ / Funke Opeke & Judith Gardiner Confirm Mainone's Takeover By Equinix / Company Registration 101: How Much It Really Costs To Register Your Own Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.