Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,158 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges (12189 Views)

FX Arbitrage Widens To ₦‎206/$1 Enabling Round-Tripping, CBN Vows Crack Down / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / CBN Vows To Arrest Any Nigerian Buying Dollars With Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Tunagee(m): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
Christiansimon:
You Should Come And Start From Bayelsa State Especially Swali Market And It Environ. If U Want To Locate Me To Show U The P.O.S Joint That's Doing This Criminal Arts Am Ready Oh.

Story!!!! Na you sell cash to am abi
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Paulianfa(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
I'm tired of these their persecution, for Uyo here POS operators are eating turkey. Charges too much with insult...
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Tunagee(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
maasoap:

You better vote Tinubu because he's the only presidential candidate criticising the manner of implementation of this wicked policy. Other candidates like Atiku and Obi are neither here nor there, just flip-flopping, going forth and back.

The same way Tinubu criticized fulani herdmen when they were killing southerners in their farms and settlement. Nonsense!!!!!
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by blowjohn(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
rickleye:

Get Out ! Bro.. Impossible. If true, my sympathies

Aswear. Na female buy am o.

I bought mine 2k @ 2600 after pleading cos they wanted me to pay 2700.

U don't know what we going thru here in abuja aswear. Like today, so far, no POS has cash.

Am talking about like 100 POS in gwarinpa alone. No cash
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Tunagee(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
BrutusOj:
Old note today or when? The policy will help us on the long run. There shall be no cash till after the elections. We will not die, no selling and buying of votes this year. Local men now know that old notes are no longer legal tenders, hence politicians won't give them the old notes they hid in their GP tanks and bullion vans. Use shopping malls to buy your goods. Almost every big malls in towns have village markets where they sell food items. Better still do trade by barter if you are in a remote area. No vex, make we manage till after elections. Enough is enough for vote buyers.

Who told you the politicians dont already have the new notes for elections, even though it may not be as much as the old ones
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN is highly irresponsible,
You don't provide enough daily cash to customers,you don't address failed transfers quickly, you have not published banks and criminal bank msnagers that diverted the initial new naira quota disbursed to all banks.
Yet you have the guts to castigate small pos operators getting cash to feed your lowsy void.
idiots in CBN from head to toe no brain.
Fix this void and end sufferings of poor masses and stop your rhetorics angry MR CBN IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SOLVE THIS VOID,GIVE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LIKE US THE JOB.
You are displaying your inadequacy every day mr CBN. angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Ayodeoba: 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
DSC7:

And you think collecting 10% on every transaction is not part of exploitation?
hmmm it seems you really don’t understand where the issue is, banks are not releasing cash, we have to pay 6%of every cash we are taking from traders to run our business. If not for Pos, imagine what could have happened
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by lotkyes200: 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
This man na mumu you dont have that right they do not force anyone to collect it as much as i dont support them but you can win a case on this i swear even if i see you face to face you ask me to give you the new Naira note on me you i mean you i will tell you 1500 for 1k

You are the most clueless CBN gov ever common sense do not tell you the way to fight POS operator is to make the cash available. Do you know what it takes to stand all day in the bank just to get 20k?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by HeroicMeastro: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
onthehill:

https://igberetvnews.com/1438917/cbn-vows-prosecute-pos-operators-demand-exorbitant-charges/
Mumu CBN headed by a coward, they have been saying this for long.. do they even have records of all POS agents?
Emefiele has destroyed the economy, under him, forex is now only for the rich.
This man will NOT end well.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by chikevictor(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Useless and why will you prosecute them whereas you are the ones that put all of us into the mess. Leave them to make their with this little opportunity.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
onthehill:

https://igberetvnews.com/1438917/cbn-vows-prosecute-pos-operators-demand-exorbitant-charges/

This guy's smily face shows that he knows what he is doing. Very wicked human being!
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by mcwally: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
Does the cbn make arrangements on how pos operator will be getting money to customer.some pos operator has closed down because of lack of cash some bank has even reduced their daily atm widrawer to 10k how can they get more than this amount to do their business. Cbn should obey the court order and suspend the whole shit call naira design
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by oluwaseyi0: 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.

Do you keep your money with any of the POS guys? The banks that collected your money from you are who you should be threatening
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by scholes23(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
Aldol:

Na una dey make the money scarce. Well I like what is happening, sebi some unlearned and idiots dey support the policy before? The reality is now setting in.
Your headache, not mine
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Funflipper: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
BrutusOj:
Why the fuss about the policy abi CBN governor? Why do we Nigerians hate to say the truth? Because government made a policy which is likely to benefit us all, then some greedy Nigerians decided to take advantage of the scarcity of naira to exploit others in the name of POS business and you are here saying it's the CBN governor that should be prosecuted and not the criminals charging Nigerians exorbitant fee for withdrawal? How can you charge someone 1000 for withdrawing 5000. It's a criminal offence.

How is it a criminal offense when nobody was forced at gun point to patronize the pos operator?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Ayomivic(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
madridguy:
cheesy

Problem upon problem. This government thought the problem people are having about their redesign notes comes from POS operator.

The pos people have no money to do the business self. The bank that are given people #1000,#2000 on canter . And #5000 Naira from ATM where did they want the POS operator to get money?

Is like this government did not know the level by which people had hoarded those old note. Is like people when they can't get the money exchange from banks are even collecting those in circulation because hardly you will see that new note in the hands of people . Let them gather 100 people and check the money in their hand . Hardly you will see five of that hundred that have new note . Where are those money.

I don't know which kind of suffering people we past through in starting from tomorrow if the bank still continue the was they are given money from ATM and inside Banks...

Cbn had bited more than what they can chew
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by onyxo76(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
what will you do to to the banks not dispensing cash, always going after the weak and down trodden masses who have no voice
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Smartguyboy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
How?
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Habeyy(m): 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.
the prayer is for you and yours bro
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by olusola200: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
What would you do to petrol station that refuse to take ATM or transfer.

Keep joking ,

You just being insencitive to our plight
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by olusola200: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
What would you do to petrol station that refuse to take ATM or transfer.

Keep joking ,

You are just being insencitive to our plight
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Christian07(m): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
DSC7:

One get mind tell me 4k for 10k embarassed...

I just look her straight in her eyes waka comot go do transfer buy wetin i need at the moment...

Haa
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Christiansimon: 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tunagee:

Story!!!! Na you sell cash to am abi
To Who
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by luluosas(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
God forbid BAT thing
ChatterHouse:
in every situation turn it into an advantage
Instead of gnashing my teeth, because of APC stupidity
I gain instead

If you elect Bad leaders again we will make good use of a rotten situation to a bad one ~BAT
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by ChatterHouse: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
luluosas:
God forbid BAT thing
good
Vote Labour Party
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by chukwuoke(m): 11:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
onthehill:

Oga how do you expect to accomplish this. When somany of them are still doing it.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by rickleye: 1:11am On Feb 15, 2023
blowjohn:

Aswear. Na female buy am o.

I bought mine 2k @ 2600 after pleading cos they wanted me to pay 2700.

U don't know what we going thru here in abuja aswear. Like today, so far, no POS has cash.

Am talking about like 100 POS in gwarinpa alone. No cash

Wow !
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Bullhari: 3:51am On Feb 15, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me
Why should they Do they know that these operators buy cash ever since the banks have failed to disburse cash to them.
Yesterday I bought 300k for 20k and you expect me to change 100 naira If you were in my shoes you that is talking would have done worse

That is 6.6%. but you turn around and them collect 20% as charges. 20% evil being
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by TOYNEX(f): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2023
Thief wan catch thief, God is indeed wonderful.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Mrbukus(m): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2023
scholes23:

U dey whyne me
Why should they Do they know that these operators buy cash ever since the banks have failed to disburse cash to them.
Yesterday I bought 300k for 20k and you expect me to change 100 naira If you were in my shoes you that is talking would have done worse
He sheap ooo
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 15, 2023
Mr Emefailure, address the causes not the effects. If you made the new notes available no one would go to POS operators to be exploited.
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Kingchineme6(m): 9:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Wahala be like bicycle 🚲

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Company Registration 101: How Much It Really Costs To Register Your Own Company / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations / $1 Daily, No Investment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.