Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,730 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:57 PM

Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (74141 Views)

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by victorVIC1(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
Rexymania:
They look poor whilst carrying money... It means they are not the real owners

No joke with Northerners o. That's how they dress. It's their mansions and luxurious cars that set them apart.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by 3seriez(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
Rexymania:
They look poor whilst carrying money... It means they are not the real owners

You know nothing if that's what you think.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Coronavirus1: 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
They should be investigated because this are boko haram money

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by BloomingDale(f): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
backnbeta:
People (especially abokeys) who stole money will still carry the money to CBN, CBN will take the money from them, credit their accounts, without querying them. So, why the hullabaloo? Just stressing people, making them carry load upandan undecided

Not the job of CBN but that of EFCC and ICPC.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Treadway:
cmon, you should know that man is simply a courier. If hell rufai wants to change his stashed money, do you reckon he will go himself with all the money or funnel it through various couriers/mules?

The major issue is not depositing, the major issue is getting back the same amount you deposited because they will not give you new notes and mind you the CBN will verify your source of money before depositing it at this stage, also It will take about 2 weeks before it will reflect in your account after screening and approval.

Vote buying will not still be achieved
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by atobs4real(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Treasure17:

Yeah and the ones some didn't work for.
Is that you? I knew you never worked for your money.
You will be arrested one day.
One day for the thief and one day for the owner
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Bluffly: 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
With the way these monies are wrapped, I can conclude that they are proceeds of corrupt government individuals

8 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Treasure17(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
atobs4real:

Is that you? I knew you never worked for your money.
You will be arrested one day.
One day for the thief and one day for the owner
Olodo grin
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Nyanabo:
It's really affecting my Aboki friends. I just pity for them. Because 90% of their money for business is hard cash. One called me this evening me that he can change 20k for me since he is going to CBN tomorrow.
Most of them don't have a bank account.No BVN or NIN.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by UNDFTD: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Busy76:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymY8zWfPYf0

Social media users have been sharing a video of some Nigerian men carrying sacks of old N500 and N1000 notes to the Central Bank of Nigeria branch in Gombe State.
This occurs shortly after President Buhari declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes are no longer valid forms of payment.

https://thisweekng.com/2023/02/trending-photos-and-video-of-nigerians-arriving-cbn-office-with-sacks-of-old-n500-and-n1000-notes/

This occurs shortly after President Buhari declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes are no longer valid forms of payment.

Do NOT for a hot minute believe the statement by B0K0HARI that old N500 and N1000 notes are no longer valid forms of payment. His statement is only valid and applicable in the south but NOT in the north. The governor of Kaduna, Little finger, Hell Rufire, had promised his Fulani brethren that their old notes would continue to be legal tender in Kaduna state as long they cast their votes for APC (Al-Queda Peoples' Congress). Moreover, all these Fulanis you see carrying bags of money to CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria), would NEVER be disappointed because their notes would be exchanged for new ones. If you doubt it, show me where these Fulanis were turned back at CBN like Edo indigenes were turned back, which sparked the riot that was witnessed the other day.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nwaajasa: 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
ClassicMan202:
Business men.... Nigerians no dey hear word until the last minute
which business men , these are relatives of enemies of Nigeria that looted our money, they can't go to CBN by themselves and they sent their loved ones, so if you love Nigeria vote LP for better tomorrow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by jaxxy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
North owned businesses and BDC’s are a major culprit

They will explain their source of income b4 they are arrested by dss for criminal activities and terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by nedekid: 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:

CBN is not FBI. I don't think they care about how you made your money, but you won't get cash again. That way, they can accurately track money circulating within the Nigeria's financial services industry because a lot is outside the footprints of the industry.

With this move, it becomes difficult for kidnappers, for instance, to ask for ransom in cash. If you do a transfer, the security operatives can pick them up easily. Cashless transactions have loads of benefits.
Exactly. My UK account, there is a limit of cash I can deposit in a month. Infact, I am fearful to let anyone I don't know well transfer money. Eg, I pay you naira and you transfer pound to my account. If that money you transfer has a trace of magomago, they will close all the associated accounts including mine.
That was what made my paddy stop transfer business in the UK. Someone sent money to his business account. He paid the person in naira. Weeks later his accounts with the bank were closed. The banks expected him as a normal fraudulent naija man to run. But rather he took them to court. It took time but he won the case. Took his money and closed his accounts.
As you said, all this kidnapping, stealing by gov officials and so many vices will be greatly reduced if this is successfully implemented.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
This are all Bureau de change operators..instead of CBN governor to sanction them, na POS operators him dey sanction.....
This country trully has wicked n demonic leaders!
With Nigerian currency.Why him no Carry them go bank since?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Make Una dey use this numb 6 naaaa

No politicians will still be hoarding the old note naa, not possible sir.

People will buy vote like tomorrow no dey, u dey do like say no be Nigeria u take grow up...na wa for Una o

You guys are so funny, I tell you Tinubu supporters, you don't pay attention to details, if this policy is not troubling them, they will not do anything to fight it, the CBN said there is still 600 billion that has not been returned, you think a large part of it is not with the politicians, if the new notes was as mush as the old ones with the politicians, they won't even bother, in fact they will be the ones telling the citizens to be patient that Buhari and the NEC are doing something about it till after election..

Ask yourself in the past 8 years, have you seen them defend the citizens in anytihg that Buhari has done to the citizens even on Police brutality...

11 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Sumerians: 10:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
Luckysbab:
Definitely has to be in the North. They are the ones who depend most on cash transactions.

How Buhari had the guts to do them dirty this much is beyond comprehension.

But there will be consequences definitely - he has wiped out his name from the good books of his people and his progeny will be the ones to bear the brunt of the scorn later on.

Let's fold our hands and watch.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
atobs4real:
Can it well with Buhari?

It's u that it will not be well with you

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Successkay12(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

Why do people with such large chunks of cash take unnecessary risk like this?

Anyways, anybody from Kano, Kaduna & Lagos still holding d old cash?🤭🤭
If they deposit all this money now, where do u expect them to see new notes for business.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Goodcitizen1: 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
First question is how did they get this money? Probably politicians owned the money but using this guys to deposit it into their accounts and then offer them percentage to transfer it to a designated account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Menclothing: 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari because u hv successfully spend ur 8yrs u eant to put Nigerians in pain
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by WantsandMore: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
Luckysbab:
Definitely has to be in the North. They are the ones who depend most on cash transactions.

But there will be consequences definitely - he has wiped out his name from the good books of his people and his progeny will be the ones to bear the brunt of the scorn later on.

study your history boi, stop capping. Buhari did same thing in 1984, people lost money & business too due to the abysmal manner of policy implementation & same thing is happening right now, his people still voted fo him.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by 3seriez(m): 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
nedekid:

That is the interrogation they have them.
The fellow says he deals in flour (which is big business) . That they do turnover of 1b monthly.
Does it mean this 50m is their sales for yesterday?
Hope he shows evidence of the legitimate trading. Not the one he is fronting for bandits or some politician.

I've worked with wholesalers in Kano Markets when I used to work in an FMCG. This is very normal. Some of them make very very crazy turnover.
There was one time there was a delay in 1st Bank branch on Bello road after coming back from Easter break (Good Friday to Easter Monday) i.e four days. The tellers were not able to attend to other cash depositors from open of business on Tuesday 8am till around 1pm.
When I asked the reason for the delay, my teller friend at the bulk section said a customer who I know in the market brought close to 420 Million naira cash in different denominations from 10 to 1000 naira.
That is just for 4 days transaction shocked. The bank tellers were counting his money for 4-5 hours.
If that is four days turnover, imagine the numbers he is doing monthly.
Their businesses are 90% cash based, it would be interesting to see how they adapt in these times.
But Politicians can still use them to launder though and it would be a good cover because some of these businesses up North do massive turnover.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by afbstrategies: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Way to go! Nigeria must be sanitized.

CBN, please make sure they explain the source of their wealth. No old notes from Sambisa people shocked

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
The zoo has fallen

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Ken4Christ: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
Wrong headline. These ones are abokis, they will collect it from them. Even after it expires, they will still collect them. Are they not the ones presently in charge of the country?

Up till this evening, some of them are still collecting the old notes.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by blowjohn(m): 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
Omo.

Where them dey keep this money before?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Xbox2005(m): 11:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
Luckysbab:

that's the real truth.I just listened to a sermon from a mallam in kano,I couldn't imagine they can critize and lambast buhari.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by soullove1881(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

Why do people with such large chunks of cash take unnecessary risk like this?

Anyways, anybody from Kano, Kaduna & Lagos still holding d old cash?🤭🤭

I think he said he transacts huge amount on a daily bases.
That's the old naira note in the money they said him.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Okhuadams(m): 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
Hmm our Aboki brother s
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by faceland: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.

They have billions each.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Stronghold91: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
YungMillionaire:

Yes, indeed. It is a MIRACLE that ALL the 'Biafra or death' hunchback cownu urine lickers are now OBIDIENT. A MIRACLE greater than the acclaimed resurrection of the palestinian, jesus.
who told you that Jesus is a Palestinian
keep it up
until it will be too late for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.