Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,942 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:40 AM

Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes (74109 Views)

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by HardMirror(m): 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
phorget:

That man is only fronting for a politician, no sane individual will ever have such amount in his\possession.
Nigeria is cursed with very wicked and corrupt political class.
you obviously lack exposure. Go to alaba international, some businesses in mushin, idumota and kano. Cash like this is normal daily money for many businesses in cash.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by richie240: 12:01am On Feb 17, 2023
Ibkhaleel001:
AND MIRACULOUSLY THE IGBO TERRORIST ORGANIZATION, IPOB, IS SILENT BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS, OBI THE ANAMBRA CHIEF LOOTER IS DREAMING OF TAKING OVER NIGERIA THROUGH ELECTION.
Before nko, don't u know they have special ATM where they collect their own money ni?

Why won't they keep silence. Anything to pepper their enemy is welcome to them. They spent 7 years abusing buhari, and even kill their leaders and fellow brethren (and sistrens) just to pepper ds same buhari only to make him their hero bcus he's 'punishing' another enemy of theirs.
cool
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by ossrojustice(m): 12:02am On Feb 17, 2023
Try and fix you region before speaking out in public, is it because Atiku is running that we don't hear of Boko Haram again , I did my service in the North 2006 and went back 2 years ago for something special and behold the region have turn 360 backward, a complete shadow of what I left behind that should be your concern. Is it because Tinubu is running that we don't hear of Oduduwa republic because they have been more silent ,Obi is not the problem of NIGERIA, people like you are@edofirstson
Ibkhaleel001:
AND MIRACULOUSLY THE IGBO TERRORIST ORGANIZATION, IPOB, IS SILENT BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS, OBI THE ANAMBRA CHIEF LOOTER IS DREAMING OF TAKING OVER NIGERIA THROUGH ELECTION.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Bfly: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2023
Needless to say, that money belongs to just a person. Suspicious of that 18billion naira Northern politician.

That Aside, This is dishourable to Naira as a currency that is being recalled thereby losing its face value.

The oldest naira should still be able to retain its face value any time it gets to the Bank. Simple!
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by gentlegeno(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2023
This is what it keeps showing me after submitting the filled form

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by stagger: 12:19am On Feb 17, 2023
Rexymania:
They look poor whilst carrying money... It means they are not the real owners

You think the real money is in the hands of those in the SE? You don't know anything.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Hitler007: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2023
Everyone is a culprit and no one is left out what about does people doing 419 and using spare part as a smoke screen
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by miketayo(m): 12:26am On Feb 17, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

Dullardds everywhere! angry

According to the constitution the CBN is meant to collect the old notes for 6 months after they cease to be legal tender.

The House of Reps read this section out to Emefiele when he appeared before them and he agreed.

You are a joker if you think cbn will collect old notes next week
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by onegig(m): 12:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Nfora:

Trash!

A businessman with such a volume cannot instruct his customers to make transfers or deposits into his account?

Read, read slowly and reread slowly.

I have not written in German or French. Comprehension shouldn't be this big of an issue even for someone with a school cert.

A friend has sent in money to my GTB since 12pm Nigerian time. It is 11pm now and same funds has not reflected and she has been debited by her bank. Imagine how that hampers millions of businesses when we don't have the infrastructure to run such?

Also Cross border trade is a big deal in Kano , Sokoto and Katsina. Pray tell how you transfer from an account in Niger Republic to a Nigerian bank account? You have an idea einstein?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by stagger: 12:29am On Feb 17, 2023
onegig:

A lot of you just talk blindly without the context of reality just like your bald CBN governor and wool in the ear Buhari.

He has warehouse that sells flour. They make 1billion naira in sales monthly . That's average of 33million naira daily and most of these sales are in cash. How do you want such a person to transition into a cashless banking service within 2 months when their customers are largely cash based . Also a lot of their customers would likely be cross border buyers from Niger, Chad, Mali, Burkina Faso who bring in CFA to exchange to naira cash before making purchases. You think such models can be processed overnight?

To Emefiele fans and his minions thinking this solves vote buying...

When Emefiele grinds all businesses down to their grounds because of some shortsighted policies a lot you would be the ones to bear the brunt. There's a difference between supporting a policy and having commonsense and logic to understand the ramifications of a policy. You can't rail road people to perform a business in a way when the infrastructure isn't there.

A friend has sent in money to my GTB since 12pm Nigerian time. It is 11pm now and same funds has not reflected and she has been debited by her bank. Imagine how that hampers millions of businesses when we don't have the infrastructure to run such?

Banks don't just upgrade servers overnight to cope with x3 volume of requests. It takes meticulous planning and scaling up. A server built with a max thoroughput of 1million API calls would break down with 2million requests. It's common sense

You are the only one who is thinking straight and knows what the whole game is all about.

I was in Ghana in 2019 and needed to buy Ghana cedis. I did not want to change more of my USD. The guy there told me to bring my Naira and I changed N200,000 for Ghana cedis instanta. People do not know how much the Naira is used for transactions across West Africa and many of these are cash-based transactions.

It takes months of planning and implementation to upgrade e-banking platforms. Coupled with the hefty brain drain that has hit the banking IT sector, and we can see the end result.

The entire policy is not about just going cashless or stopping vote-buying. This is all part of a global transition of money control and money creation from the commercial banks to the central banks, with the CBDCs eventually becoming the sole means of transactions. It is all about control and is a globalist agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Patriotsleague: 12:33am On Feb 17, 2023
Why didn't these thieves take the money to the bank since?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by newnigerdelta00: 12:38am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

You’re a man or woman without integrity. APC or this government is no saint but clearly you have deep hatred for Yoruba and anything the North of Nigeria.

On one tread you claimed to be Yoruba from Ondo state. Yet on another thread you had this to say about your own race Yoruba people. { Tinubu's URCHINs are majorly Yoruba Muslims who fear a lot and won't do that. Even if Tinubu loses, life will go on as normal}

Since I’ve been walking this earth, I’ve never seen a Yoruba man call another Yoruba Urchins or Yoruba Muslim.

On one thread you had so much believe on the votes to come from educated northerners for your candidate Peter Obi but again this is what you had to say about same northerners you want their votes on another thread {Northerners just give birth like animals and expect the Federal Government to provide jobs for them using monies generated from the South}

I have screenshot for these and many more.

Having a president of Igbo origin is not a bad idea but your hatred for other tribe is on another level and your candidate can’t win election with followers mindset like these.

All of owner Head for this Nigeria nor correct
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Princewell2012(m): 12:41am On Feb 17, 2023
Gangster1ms:
They should all be interrogated
Hmmm something is actually fishing. Those politician can split their money and give it to these guys to deposits, and they will give them some percentage later. Anything is possible in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by onegig(m): 12:44am On Feb 17, 2023
stagger:

You are the only one who is thinking straight and knows what the whole game is all about.

I was in Ghana in 2019 and needed to buy Ghana cedis. I did not want to change more of my USD. The guy there told me to bring my Naira and I changed N200,000 for Ghana cedis instanta. People do not know how much the Naira is used for transactions across West Africa and many of these are cash-based transactions.

It takes months of planning and implementation to upgrade e-banking platforms. Coupled with the hefty brain drain that has hit the banking IT sector, and we can see the end result.

The entire policy is not about just going cashless or stopping vote-buying. This is all part of a global transition of money control and money creation from the commercial banks to the central banks, with the CBDCs eventually becoming the sole means of transactions. It is all about control and is a globalist agenda.

A lot of them aren't far travelled or even if the opportunity isn't there to travel. Read books, articles on the way of life or how businesses are done in other places. I have never been to Venice but i have a fair idea of how things are.

And you are very correct that a lot of Naira is out there in lots of West African countries. Just some few months back I was reading a thread on Nairaland here of a Guy who is in Guinea and needed their local currency. He had Naira and was looking for how to swap it. Someone told him where to visit to exchange such. I swapped Naira directly when i visited Sierra Leone some few years back.

Anyone with commonsense understands the implementation is just beyond myopic but just clueless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by 4ward4: 12:51am On Feb 17, 2023
Elsueno:
Nigerians & last minute things.....SMH, they give people over 60 days!!!.....In December & early January they where hardly any person's in commercial banks deposit bulk rooms....

Why do people with such large chunks of cash take unnecessary risk like this?

Anyways, anybody from Kano, Kaduna & Lagos still holding d old cash?🤭🤭

He is a trader and every day he receives cash .

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by honestivo(m): 12:59am On Feb 17, 2023
gentlegeno:
Same thing with me
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Pityoobi: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.
Your OBI who is a politicianm kept his money abroad in Panama, a safe haven for illicit money. Politician money are not in Naira… make una dey deceive una self.

If they want to genuinely prevent politicians stealing money and laundering it, they should curb capital flight like the one OBI used in fleecing Anambra state through Pandora scheme.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Whiteways: 1:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Not all the depositors as seen own the money they are hired buy some people and they offer them %.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Billygee2u: 1:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:
I was suspecting it will be in the north and I was right, the man was bringing 50 million to deposit, they asked him what has he been doing since?

If this man who is not a politician can still have such amount with him, you can imagine what evil politicians will still be having with them. You now see why they are crying up and down, vote buying gone wrong.
It also maybe that politicians shared the money for them to help him change them .
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by yom2(m): 1:39am On Feb 17, 2023
Brendaniel:

many of them don't own a personal bank account. I wanted to transfer to d malkam on my street but he will not accept on the excuse that he does not have account
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by yom2(m): 1:42am On Feb 17, 2023
christejames:
Nigerians and coconut 🥥 heads 😂 😂 😂...

Last minute rush everytime shocked even though we had ample time to do what we should have done.
were u ever at the banks? Which location are u?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Viicfuntop(f): 1:47am On Feb 17, 2023
sunnysunny69:

You’re a man or woman without integrity. APC or this government is no saint but clearly you have deep hatred for Yoruba and anything the North of Nigeria.

On one tread you claimed to be Yoruba from Ondo state. Yet on another thread you had this to say about your own race Yoruba people. { Tinubu's URCHINs are majorly Yoruba Muslims who fear a lot and won't do that. Even if Tinubu loses, life will go on as normal}

Since I’ve been walking this earth, I’ve never seen a Yoruba man call another Yoruba Urchins or Yoruba Muslim.

On one thread you had so much believe on the votes to come from educated northerners for your candidate Peter Obi but again this is what you had to say about same northerners you want their votes on another thread {Northerners just give birth like animals and expect the Federal Government to provide jobs for them using monies generated from the South}

I have screenshot for these and many more.

Having a president of Igbo origin is not a bad idea but your hatred for other tribe is on another level and your candidate can’t win election with followers mindset like these.

You guys should stop saying Yorubas are United. As a christian Yoruba, I recognize the Yoruba Muslim and WE ARE NOT THE SAME. Where do you keep getting the idea that Yorubas are one?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 17, 2023
Eno go Better for anyone wey say there's no money in Nigeria. Even we wey dey abroad are not this rich
Time to. Come back home
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Alison1i:
nesteinvestment forex academy is a forex company registered both in United Kingdom’s and Finland.

They offer services surrounding forex which range from forex education, Defi Education, future contract education, trading signal provision, managed account services, copy trading and and investment

You can register with the company if you want to earn while you learn
Invest
#100,000 make #130,000 monthly
#300,000 make #390,000 monthly
#500,000 make #650,000 monthly

#1,000,000 make #1.3M monthly and so on

They’re have lasted for two years without having any problem
Use my referral link to join if you’re interested

https://www.nesteinvestment.com/ref/alison1i

I don spend pass your starting salary just today alone. I over spent, and I need to Start investing my money. How can I reach you.

Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by henrolevra: 2:27am On Feb 17, 2023
gentlegeno:

Having same issue.
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by pacespot(m): 2:30am On Feb 17, 2023
They look like those bureau de change abokis
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Brendaniel: 2:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Pityoobi:
Your OBI who is a politicianm kept his money abroad in Panama, a safe haven for illicit money. Politician money are not in Naira… make una dey deceive una self.

If they want to genuinely prevent politicians stealing money and laundering it, they should curb capital flight like the one OBI used in fleecing Anambra state through Pandora scheme.

And how does this concern Peter Obi, I did not mention any politician's name but somehow you feel your candidate is guilty already, you Tinubu supporters don't pay attention to details and don't focus on the real issue, look at what you are saying, the whole thing is because of election.

the CBN said there is still 600 billion that has not been returned, you think a large part of it is not with the politicians, if the new notes was as mush as the old ones with the politicians, they won't even bother, in fact they will be the ones telling the citizens to be patient that Buhari and the NEC are doing something about it till after election..
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Yankee101: 2:47am On Feb 17, 2023
Government house money no join so?
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by Benrosaria(m): 3:03am On Feb 17, 2023
must everyone be mindful of doing a video. can't Nigerians watch and analyse matters
Re: Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes by lexy2014: 3:18am On Feb 17, 2023
christejames:
Nigerians and coconut 🥥 heads 😂 😂 😂...

Last minute rush everytime shocked even though we had ample time to do what we should have done.

have buhari and emefiele made new notes available? did they do it at the first minute?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Be Rich Selling EXPIRED Domain Names With Proofs. / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.