Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,385 members, 7,913,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:12 PM

Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depressed (493 Views)

Pregnant And Depressed / Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage / Matters Of The Heart: My Wife Is An Abuser, I’m Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed by Virus20: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hi ,nairaland family ,I am really depressed and saddened by things happening to me ,I had to bring it on here so I do not,end up harming myself and doing what I am not expected to do.I am a graduate of English, and I am ready to work but no work is forth coming and I am giving up,I was invited to come to Lagos (Ikorodu )precisely by a friend,packed all my things and came here ,but since I came he has been giving me attitude and most times ,it is one woman after the other that comes ,every night I sleep on the floor, praying that something will come up and I will leave for good but I have not been lucky with the Job ,I want to leave because most times I spend all I have on food and I am exhausted, he is always saying he does not have money but changes girls like wrapper .I want to leave and please if anyone can help me with a job ,I will be grateful ,I can't go back home because ,i am way older than going back home now ,so I have to start a life no matter how small it is .This is my predicament now ,I virtually watch plate daily and sleep on the floor .Feel so sad and depressed right now,to crown it all ,he is giving me attitude, eats out and won't bother to ask me if I have eaten.
Re: Depressed by Mindlog: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2023
At least you have a floor to sleep on in a room at night, homelessness can distabilize one's mental well-being. Manage where you are, until you get your footing.

You have a degree in English, look for tutorial centres around you and see the possibility of teaching those preparing for SSCE and JAMB.

You can go solo by also looking into identifying S.S.3 students around you, talk to their parents that you can coach them to do better in English language in the upcoming May/June exams. If you can get about 3 students to teach at the same time and teach them at least twice a week....if you are good with your teaching style, those parents will refer other parents.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed by sisisioge: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hmmmm....it is well.

Try to make a list of all the eatery/food chains around you and send them all a copy of your CV as well as deliberately follow their job portals for vacancies. Theirs mostly come with accommodation and meals. It's always a good start for fresh graduates.

Also, there are is a job alert group on telegram that posts jobs daily for fresh graduates, try to search and join it.

Furthermore, you need to be employable. Try to improve yourself while waiting....for example, you studied English but wrote like a science student. There are soft skills you could get for free on YouTub. The little things....

Lastly, be grateful your friend is housing you and stop being embittered by his lifestyle. It's his house, his life, his pocket, his girls. Just be of good countenance while searching for God's grace.

May God in His infinite mercy bless your hustle. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed by Virus20: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Thanks for your advice ,his sister came today so I will be leaving the house ,he told me they need space .
uote author=Mindlog post=121201801]At least you have a floor to sleep on in a room at night, homelessness can distabilize one's mental well-being. Manage where you are, until you get your footing.

You have a degree in English, look for tutorial centres around you and see the possibility of teaching those preparing for SSCE and JAMB.

You can go solo by also looking into identifying S.S.3 students around you, talk to their parents that you can coach them to do better in English language in the upcoming May/June exams. If you can get about 3 students to teach at the same time and teach them at least twice a week....if you are good with your teaching style, those parents will refer other parents.[/quote]
Re: Depressed by Virus20: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Thanks for your advice ,i am not judging anyone ,I have to leave because his sister came and I have to give them space ,body languages says it all.
uote author=sisisioge post=121202457]Hmmmm....it is well.

Try to make a list of all the eatery/food chains around you and send them all a copy of your CV as well as deliberately follow their job portals for vacancies. Theirs mostly come with accommodation and meals. It's always a good start for fresh graduates.

Also, there are is a job alert group on telegram that posts jobs daily for fresh graduates, try to search and join it.

Furthermore, you need to be employable. Try to improve yourself while waiting....for example, you studied English but wrote like a science student. There are soft skills you could get for free on YouTub. The little things....

Lastly, be grateful your friend is housing you and stop being embittered by his lifestyle. It's his house, his life, his pocket, his girls. Just be of good countenance while searching for God's grace.

May God in His infinite mercy bless your hustle. Cheers. [/quote]
Re: Depressed by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
I don't know why people with profession that are easily get themselves doing something with or without capital.any part of Lagos talk to people you want to teaching the kids lesson with token when you are good at your work before you know it kids will bring themselves

(1) (Reply)

Giving A New Surname To My Child / Urgently For Sale / 10 Things My Diagnosis Taught Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.