Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence (832 Views)

Fly Lands On Mike Pence's Head During US VP Debate (Pix, Video) / Mike Pence Disinvited From Wisconsin Lutheran Commencement Speech / Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by adamusuleiman1: 5:23am On Feb 25, 2023
If we surrender to the siren song of those in this Country who argue that America has no interest in freedom, we may soon send our sons and daughters into harms way defending our freedom and the freedom of our NATO allies.

This is not America’s war, but if we falter, at some point in the future, America could be drawn into war. If Russia is not stopped in Ukraine, the day will come when NATO allies are directly threatened—and that would be a disaster all mankind should work to avoid.

“While some in my party have taken a somewhat different view, let me be clear: There can be no room in the leadership of the Republican Party for apologists for Putin. There can only be room for champions of freedom,”

The fastest path to peace is to help Ukraine win the war. Time is of the essence. We need to provide tanks and resources in months, not years to the people of Ukraine so they can defend their country,”

- Mike Pence.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-united-states-government-russia-michael-pence-austin-282275fb337b2a46e87e323f293249be

In a related development,

Mitch McConnell tells U.S. to ‘wake up’ to threat of Russia on Ukraine war anniversary.

The Senate Republican leader pushed back against calls from within his own party to pare back U.S. funding in support of Ukraine.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Friday urged the United States and its allies to renew their resolve to help Ukraine as it stands up to Russian “thuggery,” tacitly pushing back against members of his own party who have become loudly skeptical of Ukraine’s fight as the conflict passes the one-year mark.

America and our friends need to finish waking up from our holiday from history, welcome Finland and Sweden into NATO by this summer, and make significant investments in military modernization and our defense-industrial capacities that are commensurate with the major challenges we face,” McConnell said in a statement, shortly before appearing alongside President Sauli Niinisto in Helsinki to support Finland’s bid to join NATO.

Nearly 50 U.S. lawmakers, including McConnell and Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (Democrat-N.Y.), traveled to the Munich Security Conference in Germany last week to reassure European allies that Congress, which is split between a GOP-controlled House and Democratic-controlled Senate, will continue to support Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with weapons and funds.

The longtime Republican leader argued forcefully Friday that giving money to Ukraine “is not an act of charity” on America’s part, while also urging European countries to spend more of their own funds toward the effort.

If Putin were given a green light to destabilize Europe, invading and killing at will, the long-term cost to the United States in both dollars and security risks would be astronomically higher than the minuscule fraction of our GDP that we have invested in Ukraine’s defense thus far,” McConnell said in the statement..

Also, Nikki Haley, a leading Republican presidential candidate for the 2024 presidential election calls for .ore military support for Ukraine.

“The invasion is a war on freedom. We’ll stand with our allies — from Israel to Ukraine — and stand up to our enemies — in Iran and Russia,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/24/mitch-mcconnell-tells-us-wake-up-threat-russia-ukraine-war-anniversary/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by muhammaduyusufu: 5:35am On Feb 25, 2023
The American Republicans have always been the war loving party. They are now finally waking up.
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by frankadrian: 5:53am On Feb 25, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
The American Republicans have always been the war loving party. They are now finally waking up.

You sure say you read the article so?

1 Like

Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by rottennaija(m): 6:01am On Feb 25, 2023
Another neacons. Trump was surrounded by them. If Trump ever becomes the President again, he will have to be absolutely selective of his appointees.
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by muhammaduyusufu: 6:40am On Feb 25, 2023
frankadrian:

You sure say you read the article so?

Yes I did.

Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by muhammaduyusufu: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2023
rottennaija:
Another neacons. Trump was surrounded by them. If Trump ever becomes the President again, he will have to be absolutely selective of his appointees.
Trump is not the regular establishment Republican. One of the reasons he has troubles with the party. Pence, Haley and McConel have been life long Republicans unlike Trump that has flipped parties several times with Trump being a Democrat till 2009.

3 Likes

Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by rottennaija(m): 7:05am On Feb 25, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

Trump is not the regular establishment Republican. One of the reasons he has troubles with the party. Pence, Haley and McConel have been life long Republicans unlike Trump that has flipped parties several times with Trump being a Democrat till 2009.

True. I just didn't know Biden was the worst of them all when I campaign for biden against Trump. I guess until we start making independent research, a lot of what we think we know is shaped by the mainstream media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Do you remember Assad must go that the west was saying from Obama to Europe lol did it end well for the west... No
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by ObamaMessi: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2023
While some foolish repukkbikkans like trump and majorie Greene are blabbing.
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by Adjovi: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2023
Ans what will happen if Ukraine loses?
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by orisa37: 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
SUPPORTED. BEST VP IN THE WORLD.
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by anngrant: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Putin - fucking terrorist. I pray for Ukraine every day. I know that many people continue living their lives and don't pay much attention anymore on all those world news. But we all need to put ourselves in these people's shoes. They are fighting every day for their lives. As for me, I can't stay away from this. Gonna join this campaign https://cartodonate.com
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by olugabbie(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
I strongly believe that NATO article five is enough to deter Russia. So all this noise about Russia trying to recreate Soviet Union is nonsense.

Russia is not interested in reintegrating the Baltic States into it's....
Re: Path To Peace Is To Help Ukraine Win The War - Mike Pence by anngrant: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2023
Agree. We all have to support Ukraine through projects like reukraine housing lutsk https://reukraine.algorytm.ngo/en . We cannot live it on its own.

(1) (Reply)

Senegal's President Wade Brushes Criticism Hits The Road For 3rd Term Vote / Silvio Berlusconi : Ruby Sex Trial Plea Rejected / A Revelation Of How The USA Run The World!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.