Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,358 members, 7,950,753 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

Advice/legal Advice Needed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice/legal Advice Needed (133 Views)

Expert Commercial Litigation Lawyer To Offer Finest Independent Legal Advice / Legal Advice For Cash Recovery. / I Need A Legal Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice/legal Advice Needed by Grace2341: 3:35am On Mar 03, 2023
"I have 2kids for a married man, he was separated when we met though but later got back with the wife when she moved back to Nigeria. That is his legal wife. The 2kids I have for him, he has never taken any responsibilities on them, not even buy any of them pencil talkless of paying their school fees. He's not the type that likes to spend his money. I am not married to him in any way, just the 2kids.

Now, my first baby had a health issue which has now been sorted out through the help of an organisation in USA who has been responsible for her medical trips, pay our bills with the influence of my first baby. They are responsible for our monthly feeding of $900. Her school needs and all and through that funds, I get to sponsor my second baby. My children carry the surname of their biological father but each time I was pregnant for him, he always advise me to abort the baby that he's not interested in having any more kids but won't let go of me.

Now, this organisation has someone from USA that wants to adopt my 2kids as their father while I still remain their mother and the kids will carry his surname.

*Is this possible?
*Can there be any future claim by their biological father?
*Any implication?

What right does the biological father have on my kids because I have not benefittedanything from him in anyway, I helped him instead?

Mods pls
Re: Advice/legal Advice Needed by joceey(m): 3:54am On Mar 03, 2023
He has no claim, since he never wanted any child during courtship with you and has never for once contributed for the upkeeps of the kids,this shows he is not interested.Pls go ahead with it.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Mourns As Six Die, 79 Injured In Lagos Train-bus Collision / Frequently Asked Questions About Diablo 4 Boost Services / Make The Most Of Printing: Expert Tips For Getting Great Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.