Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,838 members, 7,886,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? (15809 Views)

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) / Nigerians Spent N603.2bn On Phone Calls In Six Months - Investigation / Making Phone Calls With Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Orikinla(m): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
But it is not funny that some faceless group will exploit the climate of fear caused by the insecurity in Nigeria. I received it, but I did not forward it to anyone.  Imagine if over 20 million GSM users have shared it? These telecom operators in Nigeria and their text messaging scams! Only God will save us.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by morzook(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
so i dialed the so called killer number, phone number not VALID #shikena
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Cipriani(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
It is true oooooo. I received such phone call but I put the phone close to the ears of my dog and pressed the answer button. As soon as my dog barked and heard the caller's voice, it drop dead instantly. BTW, my dog's name is Scooby.

R.I.P. SCOOBY From 09/04/2005 - 14/09/2011. We love you and miss you. Hope to see you in heaven but not soon. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by mitofag: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
No one wants to die, but they all wanna go to heaven

Awon hypocrites oshi
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by babaowo: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2011
nah who go come confirm the story for us ?because they said it was instant death,any resurrection witness Lol
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by babaowo: 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2011
@cipriani ur dog received the call at italiano abi
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Nymphnode(m): 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
I pointed to my friend who uses bluetooth that he is the perfect target, he answers most call without checking the caller ID, dumb dude drove without his handsfree and lastma catch am for Allen. You should see how gleeful I was, now I know I may not actually be my brothers keeper
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by lepasharon(f): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
how can you die from receiving a phone call Dummies how?
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by omonla5: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2011
I don call the number so tey noboby gree pick the call because my own number na 666
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Cipriani(m): 12:26am On Sep 15, 2011
babaowo:

@cipriani your dog received the call at italiano abi

Yes ooooo. But I have sent the body to Nigeria for burial. You can try the number that killed my dog incase you want to confirm 999-999-999999. Dial it, if you survive, come back here and tell me. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by rhymz(m): 12:26am On Sep 15, 2011
Early this morning I recieved a text message from an Aunty, informing me not to pick any 5-digit number that calls my phone, lest I will fall down and die. According to the text, 7 people had already died.
  However, there is no first hand evidence of where this has actually happened apart from handed down rumours and 2nd hand gist from unknown sources. So far this text msg has spread like wild fire as the person that sent me the txt msg lives in Onitsha.
Anyway, My theory about it when I gave serious thought about it was that, whoever created the text messege was playing on people's fear and making cool cash out of it. It reminds me of the fictitious MTN promo that tells you to send a particular text message to seven other people and win a million naira. The more people recieve the text message the more jittery they get and then send to others in return whilw the creator laughs himself off to the bank.
This is a big money spinner if you ask me, Damn!! Why did I not think of this first.
Here is the text msg i recieved abt this killer number:
PLS  dont pick any call with 09141 it is instant death after de call as 7 people are already confimed death pls tell others fast its an outbreak and its urgent,
By the way, that number represents todays date, check the number initials. . Lol. . You just got PUNK'd! of the fictitious MTN promo that tells you to send a particular text message to seven other people and win a million naira. The more people recieve the text message the more jittery they get and then send to others in return whilw the creator laughs himself off to the bank.
This is a big money spinner if you ask me, Damn!! Why did I not think of this first.
Here is the text msg i recieved abt this killer number:
PLS  dont pick any call with 09141 it is instant death after de call as 7 people are already confimed death pls tell others fast its an outbreak and its urgent,
By the way, that number represents todays date, check the number initials. . Lol. . You just got PUNK'd!
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by getfupre: 12:36am On Sep 15, 2011
To make money online email me @ getfupre@gmail.com
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by topeantony(m): 12:59am On Sep 15, 2011
the story could be through/fouls but their is no way to confirm it one thing is for sure when it first happened in 2004/2005 a friend was affected he picked a call immediately started running he fell and the people around rush him to the church he was revived when is phone was checked it was the killer number months later when i asked him what rely happen he said he got the phone call and immediately could not get a grip of himself.u don't rely have to believe this but been careful is not been stupid
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by dabrake(m): 1:01am On Sep 15, 2011
Cipriani:

It is true oooooo. I received such phone call but I put the phone close to the ears of my dog and pressed the answer button. As soon as my dog barked and heard the caller's voice, it drop dead instantly. BTW, my dog's name is Scooby.

R.I.P. SCOOBY From 09/04/2005 - 14/09/2011. We love you and miss you. Hope to see you in heaven but not soon. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
dem don nack u akpako b4?
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Cipriani(m): 1:07am On Sep 15, 2011
dabrake:

dem don nack u akpako b4?

What is akpako?
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by NumberOne2(m): 1:32am On Sep 15, 2011
The telecoms networks must have made a lot of money today with all these stupid forwarded messages. Fight illiteracy, read folks, read.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by TheSly: 1:40am On Sep 15, 2011
Govt propaganda. . . .
They dont want you to worry about your house getting shelled by Boko haram anytime soon. sad
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by MMM2(m): 1:49am On Sep 15, 2011
i dailled d nos, it is yesterday's date.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by velo10: 2:19am On Sep 15, 2011
Wanna scare the shit out of someone. Tell the person something about death
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by clip: 2:24am On Sep 15, 2011
I received. 2 messages of that type,even from people i dont expect to  believe in it.
can someone in d house tell or explain d tech on phone and explosion.
With my little knowledge, i can not relate d 2 together. It is not possible now, maybe later.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Eddy13(m): 2:28am On Sep 15, 2011
e-Death grin
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by gee2(m): 2:43am On Sep 15, 2011
i waited for the number to call me make i follow the padi wey dey the other end gist wella make i know the kain blood wey dem need but no show n wa gf talk say sum1 was rushd 2d hospital afta answerin d so called call. i believe its crap n fake.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by 144(m): 2:46am On Sep 15, 2011
gsm does not run on radio frequency its micro wave so this is a fatal lie or i guess its one of those strategies our greed operators lyk mtn, etisalat,zain nd glo is using make more money for themselves nigerians its right time u guyz open ur eyez
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by EuroMeko(m): 2:46am On Sep 15, 2011
What alarms me is not reading about the rumor itself, it's that Nigerians are still believing in this stuff.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by globexl: 2:47am On Sep 15, 2011
OMG!
I am so embarrased.
So it is true that Nigeria is populated with stone age m.orons. No wonder these half-witted pastors are smiling to the bank everyday. All they have to do is scare you a little and you surrender your money.If a telephone ring and number can scare you of death, then I wonder of what being alive life means to you.
It means that I can conquer and enslave all of you by simply threatening to call you with my death number. HA HA hA ha. What a laugh. Stone age peole living in the 21st century. What a mixup.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by http(m): 2:53am On Sep 15, 2011
Naija i hail deeee!!! grin grin grin

I see why my sista no wan pick my call so tey today is her birthday in naija, i called tired, she no pick call grin grin grin grin she finally pick am sha.

this is B.S, haba, are we that superstitious in naija, no wonder Goodluck will soon attached this rumour to Bokoed Haramed grin grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, no high frequency will kill anyone from receiving a call no matter what number is calling from, your phone maximum power is from 10db (decibel) to 50db wich cannot cause serious harm to human body angry

This kind rumour should stop abeg.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Basics007: 2:53am On Sep 15, 2011
MTN 0803
GLO 0805
Airtel 0802
Orunmila 09141
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Skoopy(m): 3:06am On Sep 15, 2011
Wat is there 4 NCC to look into?
This is but a bunch of joke, directly or indirectly fabricated to put smiles on the faces of service providers.
My View, EFCC shuold rather look into this high profile and a highly sophisticated method of defrauding Nigerians collected up to the tone of several millions of Naira spent to pass this message thru.cheesycheesy
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by dont8(m): 3:48am On Sep 15, 2011
Can't belief people are falling for that ruse called 'Phone call killer' Story!Someone can just wake up in a day and start spreading rumour and people 'll belief,we need to wake up and stop putting fear in people's mind.
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by Dorcaslynk: 4:37am On Sep 15, 2011
This rumour, nawa o, may be it was only one person that died while recieving call but they will turn it to 10-20 people. Ah Niger! May be na heart attack kill the person on phone[color=#770077][/color] tongue
Re: What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? by cold(m): 4:51am On Sep 15, 2011
bwahahahaha!kai my belle o grin grin Nigrians can be soooo . . . lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do And What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) / The Much Awaited Elephone P7000 Pioneer Presales Begin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.