Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,871 members, 7,872,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? (4470 Views)

NEDG: Kwankwaso Debates With Himself, As Obi, Tinubu, And Atiku Fail To Show Up / Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by fergie001: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:
There was once we argued about the chances of abaribe and even blessing of apc.for abia and Enugu,there is absolutely nothing pdp can do.
Everyone has abandoned Ikpeazu to his fate.

He has been promising even to pay salaries till 100 years in future, but Abians see this opportunity as the last to take out the PDP at all costs.

The civil servants will start the process!

kahal29:
You are very correct

The people we know contesting elections are Oti (LP) and Nana (YPP)
I like Nwafor but he is from the same LGA as the outgoing Governor. However, he ticks the right boxes.

This equity thing is beginning to confuse me sef!

kahal29:
I saw it coming
Even Ikpeazu himself didn't... Otherwise he would have stepped down for Onyeizu. That's what was the plan if the re-run had held.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 10:09am On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:

Everyone has abandoned Ikpeazu to his fate.

He has been promising even to pay salaries till 100 years in future, but Abians see this opportunity as the last to take out the PDP at all costs.

The civil servants will start the process!

I like Nwafor but he is from the same LGA as the outgoing Governor. However, he ticks the right boxes.

This equity thing is beginning to confuse me sef!

Even Ikpeazu himself didn't... Otherwise he would have stepped down for Onyeizu. That's what was the plan if the re-run had held.

Who is onyeizu
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by rolams(m): 10:23am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:
For me,it is because of the reasons I enumerated before the polls and many more.

Firstly,the north or core north only rallies behind radical,fanatic muslims or Muslims that appear simple,incorrupt,sharia driven,conservative like ahmadu bello,shehu yaradua,buhari etc.atiku lacks these features...

Secondly,the Muslim Muslim ticket is attractive to many core Muslims.they prefer it to a liberal Muslim pairing a southern Christian like atiku.

Thirdly,atiku is not grasstooted or close to the masses.he is too elitist and has no populist movement like buhari or kwankwaso
Fourthly,atiku does not have core loyalists working for him tirelessly.people in the north like tambuwal,saraki,lamido,muazu babangida etc that worked for him are not his loyalists and did so based on being in pdp or monetary reasons.atiku does not believe in loyalty,he thinks money can buy everything.

Finally,the defections were not overwhelming.the apc countered defections in sokoto,kebbi,gombe,jigawa.no governor defected most importantly.additionally,the north felt it was the turn of the south and tinubu having helped return back power to the south should be repaid in the words of gov masari.the na mu na mu by rolams failed,naka sai naka by change the change failed and shinkafa de wake by immaculatejoe failed to materialize.

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Nplfmod
Omenka
Donphilopus
Indispensable
Muykem
Afamed
Famology
Okoroawusa
Aufbauh
Hydrafeeds
Aiel123
Efewestern
Bayelsaowei
Aaa539
Yarimo
Fergie001
Kwanza
Calmobserver
Penguin2
Vicdom
Norsyk
Mrvitalis
Kyase
Quotasystem
Noethnicity
Kennyprince
Oghenaogie
Blackpanda
Raumdeuter
Gaabasky
Ttalk
Majole
Ityp
Itstutsi
Tuniski
Dominique
Adegbaorogboye
Mikeofafrica
Ogidigbodigbo
Tutudesz
Chukel
Okoroawusa
Caseless
Passingshot
Jaxxy
Jrusky
Esseite
Kcnwaigbo
Igboson
Immaculatejoe

I never said somebody will inherit Buhari's block but Atiku will win the North and it happened. Again, the theory of Na mu, Na mu ne was overrode by the impact and influence of the Northern APC governors who supported Tinubu because lots of gifts were given to voters and many imams were given 10m Naira to support and preach in support of Muslim Muslim ticket.

In all, that's just Nigerian politics for you. It keeps changing every season.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by fergie001: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Who is onyeizu
He is the LP Candidate for Abia South. Young guy and well-read, he also hails from Obingwa.

He contested under APC against Abaribe in 2019.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 10:39am On Mar 12, 2023
rolams:

I never said somebody will inherit Buhari's block but Atiku will win the North and it happened. Again, the theory of Na mu, Na mu ne was overrode by the impact and influence of the Northern APC governors who supported Tinubu because lots of gifts were given to voters and many imams were given 10m Naira to support and preach in support of Muslim Muslim ticket.

In all, that's just Nigerian politics for you. It keeps changing every season.

Atiku did not win the north,tinubu won.dont forget some of these govs worked against tinubu.if the north wanted atiku,they would have defied all odds and voted him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 10:39am On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:
He is the LP Candidate for Abia South. Young guy and well-read, he also hails from Obingwa.

He contested under APC against Abaribe in 2019.

Pdp managed to win ukwa federal seat
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by fergie001: 11:06am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Pdp managed to win ukwa federal seat
Yea, Ikpeazu won one of the Ukwas, Abaribe won the other.

Abaribe's mother or wife (can't remember) is from Ukwa. He is always welcome there.

LP won Aba Federal seat!
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Svoboda(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2023
fr3do:

It is delusional to say Obi is overhyped or divisive

I dare any other politician to run using a party like LP
Obi is the most unifying candidate, he campaigned everywhere

Obi is overhyped. In months to come, you will kbow. In anambra, when apga is a serious contender obi has always lost. Do you remember the embarassing 21 0 he suffered in 2017?

In 2023, obi was able to harvest youth anger and disillusionment precipated by the ends ars protest. Mind you, peter obi was a major participant in the ezu massacre of biafra seperatists.

Obi has subliminally campaigned on ethnicity and religion, going to igbo dominated settlements and markets across the country and churches to campaign. Tell me who among the about a dozen of candidates adopted such a divisive measure?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:

You never said Ikpeazu will lose, nobody saw that coming.

Presidential election is gone, this is Governorship! Every Party here is picking up the pace.
Ikpeazu and his Benue and Enugu brothers losing gave me unexplainable joy. At least I'm satisfied they got a taste of their own medicine. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 11:56am On Mar 12, 2023
Twist4u:
Atiku is a DONDAR HEAD man who still believe PETER OBI left him too early for LP.
Peter Obi has moved on in jet speed and has become more popular, useful and influencial in Nigeria politics today than the DONDAR HEAD Born to rule ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY Atiku . How can such a slowpoke get block vote from North. Kwankwaso will do better.
His popularity don end.

By august 2024 most of the LP senators would have defected to either pdp or apc just to get juicy post...

By then we will know that politics isnt for the betterment of nigeria but for the betterment of those involve and their.immediate families.

By then pitobi would want to form alliance with Pdp to be able to give edge in the next election, but it will fail.

And south east/south south votes alone wont take u to.yonder...
Best it will massage ur ego and make.people.shout RIGGINg the more

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 11:58am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Atiku did not win the north,tinubu won.dont forget some of these govs worked against tinubu.if the north wanted atiku,they would have defied all odds and voted him.
At least I was right on Atiku winning NE/NW( When combined)...NC and not having a fall back option in the south was the reason for Atiku losing.
If those PDP slowpokes southern governors had committed their everything like APC counterparts did for Tinubu in the north, this election would have be won. Only Udom fought and Diri.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
I will keep repeating it, atiku is overrated. 80% of the votes he got in the election was natural PDP votes.
PDP structure is what is pushing atiku to make him look formidable.
Give atiku LP ticket he will come last behind kwankaso.
Apart from Buhari, no other politician alive can have that large cultlike followership in the country.
Kwankwaso tried but he isnt.near buhari.

Peterobi inherited pdp votes...

If peter obi had gone to Apc, we would have known.whether he is that popular.

Akpabio single handedly won more votes for apc in akwaibom state....even with a detasteful party that every nigerian hates.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

At least I was right on Atiku winning NE/NW( When combined)...NC and not having a fall back option in the south was the reason for Atiku losing.
If those PDP slowpokes southern governors had committed their everything like APC counterparts did for Tinubu in the north, this election would have be won. Only Udom fought and Diri.

True,you said it will be like tofa.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:
Yea, Ikpeazu won one of the Ukwas, Abaribe won the other.

Abaribe's mother or wife (can't remember) is from Ukwa. He is always welcome there.

LP won Aba Federal seat!

What pleases me most is how lp cleared ngwa land and aro ohafia
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

True,you said it will be like tofa.
Yes. Exactly.
What I didn't get correct was SE,SS and NC.
SE ( Uzodinma did 'wonders') that was how apc leapfrogged PDP in SE.
SS figures was shocking...Rivers provided the template for APC to still gap PDP with almost 80k margin.
And NC,the margin between APC and PDP was higher than what NE gave AA( the margin between APC and PDP in NE).
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
he did if LP didn't happen APC could have lost esp with pmb introducing that useless naira policy... again PDP is still strong and can defeat APC come 2027 if they regroup well...
Am not seeing any regrouping come.2027...

Also 18th march will decide the future.

If pdp gets more states come 18th, then we will consider it but we wont succumb to LP's bullshit.

They r now relegated to SE zone.

Let them do whatever they like with their votes.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u guys don't understand Politics anyway first tinubu govt has to get a good rating ist then if PDP regroup well withe obi kwankwanso back to d fold it ll won't be easy... Tinubu is no buhari that has block votes waiting somewhere...
He can return INEC to the days of maurice iwu...

Abi u no dey reason reach that side?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
oyatz:
Bross, never say such things anymore, Nigeria is fast changing.

If the labour party can redefine party politics in Nigeria by;

1) Embark on aggressive membership drive to include majority of the Youths accross regional, religious and ethnic lines.
2) Encourage all workers to join the party and see it as their own,including all Okada riders, NURTW, NUJ, ASUU,NBA and the masses.
The masses are more than the elites.
3) Ensure that members pay monthly dues to run the party and no single individual is financing the party, thus nobody is too strong within the party.
4) Make their nomination fees a multiple of the minimum wage e.g 5 times the Minimum Wage.
5) Regularly meet every month to brainstorm on the problems facing the country and proffer solutions to it.
Only political appointees pay dues...u cant mandate a card carrying.member that hasnt benefitted from.the party to pay dues..
Where.will he get.the.money.from?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

Yes. Exactly.
What I didn't get correct was SE,SS and NC.
SE ( Uzodinma did 'wonders') that was how apc leapfrogged PDP in SE.
SS figures was shocking...Rivers provided the template for APC to still gap PDP with almost 80k margin.
And NC,the margin between APC and PDP was higher than what NE gave AA( the margin between APC and PDP in NE).

Atiku over performed in ne esp in gombe,yobe and borno.maybe in the absence of shettima he would have overperformed..maybe because he concentrated much in core north and neglected nc and south

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Okoroawusa: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
gidgiddy:
To be fair to Atku, he said he was rigged out

The courts will later decide if it is true
Gidgiddy how far? I have not seen you in a while

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

Am not seeing any regrouping come.2027...

Also 18th march will decide the future.

If pdp gets more states come 18th, then we will consider it but we wont succumb to LP's bullshit.

They r now relegated to SE zone.

Let them do whatever they like with their votes.

They might win plateau
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
fr3do:

Smell the coffee

The PDP has gone into oblivion, LP is the new opposition

PDP got zero in my polling unit, their fulani Muslim ticket after 8 years of Buhari a fulani Muslim was distasteful and miscalculated
So why r u crying over BAT's victory?

E don come south and na Muslim Muslim e fall on.

So enjoy ur 6 senators and 36 house of reps and probably no Gubership post plus ur illusive main Opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Atiku over performed in ne esp in gombe,yobe and borno.maybe in the absence of shettima he would have overperformed..maybe because he concentrated much in core north and neglected nc and south
He never neglected the south...just that they didn't like his candidacy owing to him being Fulani... For SS/SE till 2039 before they'll smell the seat of presidency. We presented the shortest possible route but being myopic,they never saw beyond their nose.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

They might win plateau
Not sure.
I believe Plateau will be btw Nentawe and Mutfwang.
But you see SE,just leave it to labour except maybe Ebonyi.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
this is a better response compare to those thinking APC ll just muzzle PDP out easily in 2027... PDP is still very strong... LP is just a distraction... Politics is negotiation and tinubu has that skill.. LP don't have that they think using Ipob template ll work magic...
They r seeing lagos as a victory overall not knowing what will hit that their boyish govr will be play compare to the defeat jimi agbaje don collect since time immemorial..

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
kingthreat:

You can only rig in your strongholds and government support.
Why didn't APC get 200k votes in Anambra?
Not anambra but Ebonyi with a sitting APC govr with chairmen and councillors and commissioners?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

Not sure.
I believe Plateau will be btw Nentawe and Mutfwang.
But you see SE,just leave it to labour except maybe Ebonyi.

The gap lp gave in plateau is too intimidating.dakum is also a strong politician backed by dariye.if he can divide berom votes,then it is over
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

They might win plateau
Even if they win, will he be able to be a LONER?

Before u know it, guyman go defect back to where he cometh...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

Even if they win, will he be able to be a LONER?

Before u know it, guyman go defect back to where he cometh...

Make I'm win first
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

The gap lp gave in plateau is too intimidating.dakum is also a strong politician backed by dariye.if he can divide berom votes,then it is over
Berom don't divide votes. Those are PDP fanatics. They won all the HOR seats and the Senate seat of Northern plateau.
All the three candidates are from central Plateau.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Make I'm win first
Am not projecting LP to win any state.apart from Abia state.

Na u say lp wiill win plateau
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

Am not projecting LP to win any state.apart from Abia state.

Na u say lp wiill win plateau

They will win enugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Polls: IReV Has Come To Stay And Will Be Used - Effanga / Breaking.!!! Supreme Court Postpones Rivers Guber Ruling / Breaking!! American Consultant Says Buhari's Result Is Fake!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.