Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,062 members, 7,966,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 07:08 AM

Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? (4762 Views)

NEDG: Kwankwaso Debates With Himself, As Obi, Tinubu, And Atiku Fail To Show Up / Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

They will win enugu
They r still fighting in enugu who to support btween their candidate and frank nweke.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

Berom don't divide votes. Those are PDP fanatics. They won all the HOR seats and the Senate seat of Northern plateau.
All the three candidates are from central Plateau.

They did that is why obi won plateau.jos north,jos south,barakin ladi,riyom voted obi.infact obi cleared plateau north,won 3 out of 5 lgas in plateau central.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

They r still fighting in enugu who to support btween their candidate and frank nweke.

Whoever they support will win mbah.people are heavily against mbah
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by kayusely70(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
DenreleDave:

Yes... As your failure of a candidate Obituary lost grin grin grin grin

Biafrans were wailing when Nigerians were voting grin
You've spoken very well and reasonably too brother!
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by famology(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

We can never get our forecast correct anytime soon because elections in Nigeria is always all about the biggest rigger .....

Tinubu had himself rigged in....

If the election wasn't rigged.,. Your predictions were fallaciously flawed and unsound....

This election was very easy to predict because you guys were too emotional you couldn't see it. I said it several times here that obi will make Tinubu president but una go dey talk rubbish. Once obi took away ss and se from pdp, the election was that of Tinubu. He'll take sw, Niger,kogi,kwara and drag the votes in the ne and nw with atiku because of the strong presence of the apc in the north. Very simple! The only thing I didn't see coming was benue. Repeat this election a million times nothing will change provided non of the candidates step down.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

They did that is why obi won plateau.jos north,jos south,barakin ladi,riyom voted obi.infact obi cleared plateau north,won 3 out of 5 lgas in plateau central.
Presidential election dynamics are different from guber .
Or why didn't LP win those HOR and senate in Berom?
Remember plateau PDP didn't support Atiku. Even Mutfwang said it.
Plus PDP producing her deputy from Berom...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

Presidential election dynamics are different from guber .
Or why didn't LP win those HOR and senate in Berom?
Remember plateau PDP didn't support Atiku. Even Mutfwang said it.
Plus PDP producing her deputy from Berom...

If so,apc will still win because the berom will go back to voting pdp,except for jos north east.central will be apc and lp while apc will take south
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by famology(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
The north has never loved atiku
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

If so,apc will still win because the berom will go back to voting pdp,except for jos north east.central will be apc and lp while apc will take south
Let's see how it plays out but I'm certain Berom will vote for Mutfwang.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

He can return INEC to the days of maurice iwu...

Abi u no dey reason reach that side?
we have gone pass that days... If APC govt under tinubu under deliver and PDP regroup well... 2027 PDP ll win...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
we have gone pass that days... If APC govt under tinubu under deliver and PDP regroup well... 2027 PDP ll win...
Who will pdp project in the south...

Wike?

Udom?

If na wike, forget it even a coucillor in Lagos will defeat him before cock crows on the day of voting

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by babyfaceafrica: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

The loss of yobe was surprising and then kaduna also.I wonder if the govs sabotaged tinubu

Kaduna lost the three senatorial positions to Pdp!!! Is that sabotage too?.. Make una dey reason small

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

Wike?

Udom?

If na wike, forget it even a coucillor in Lagos will defeat him before cock crows on the day of voting
u just wait... Did u imagine shettima ll be vice Toda... Let's keep watching till then...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by fergie001: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:
What pleases me most is how lp cleared ngwa land and aro ohafia
The ones that escaped are lucky.

Aiel123:

Ikpeazu and his Benue and Enugu brothers losing gave me unexplainable joy. At least I'm satisfied they got a taste of their own medicine. grin grin
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by rolams(m): 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Atiku did not win the north,tinubu won.dont forget some of these govs worked against tinubu.if the north wanted atiku,they would have defied all odds and voted him.

Tinubu won the North? Do you mean the whole North which include the North Central?

I never included the North Central to my projection in favour of Atiku. I said the North Central is open ground and whoever wins there will emerge.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by rolams(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
Aiel123:

Ikpeazu and his Benue and Enugu brothers losing gave me unexplainable joy. At least I'm satisfied they got a taste of their own medicine. grin grin

Me too
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by rolams(m): 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

What pleases me most is how lp cleared ngwa land and aro ohafia

The the G-5 five case is my sweetest part of the election.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
rolams:

Me too
Yeah.
Next time they are hoodwinked by another 'Emperor' to fight the platform on which they rode to victory, they'll think twice...
Remaining Makinde but I want him to win.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Aiel123: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

Wike?

Udom?

Wike can never fly PDP presidential ticket not with what he did.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u just wait... Did u imagine shettima ll be vice Toda... Let's keep watching till then...
The only credible candidate pdp can project now is Udom.

I dont even want Pitobi to come back, lemme see his dexterity and savviness and popularity..

Wike is Death and Gone..

Okowa isnt credible enough..

These r the only front runners and new projects in Pdp.

Seyi makinde messed up, dont think pdp will even side him.

He can get the ticket and step down on election day to tinubu.

If Udom can pull such surprises against LP waves and Akpabio's comeback then we can only say that is the only true PDP front runner

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Sammy07: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:
He is the LP Candidate for Abia South. Young guy and well-read, he also hails from Obingwa.

He contested under APC against Abaribe in 2019.

He no even fear? πŸ˜§πŸ™
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Mylove55(f): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Svoboda:

Obi is overhyped. In months to come, you will kbow. In anambra, when apga is a serious contender obi has always lost. Do you remember the embarassing 21 0 he suffered in 2017?

In 2023, obi was able to harvest youth anger and disillusionment precipated by the ends ars protest. Mind you, peter obi was a major participant in the ezu massacre of biafra seperatists.

Obi has subliminally campaigned on ethnicity and religion, going to igbo dominated settlements and markets across the country and churches to campaign. Tell me who among the about a dozen of candidates adopted such a divisive measure?
buhari also use that same method before,
Buhari came to Benin in 2011 and campaign only in Fulani/hausa area
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Mylove55(f): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

They r seeing lagos as a victory overall not knowing what will hit that their boyish govr will be play compare to the defeat jimi agbaje don collect since time immemorial..

I'm surprised for the small boy to be a governor of the fourth largest economy,
He is not even qualified to be a local government chairman in anambra, not to talk of in Lagos,
It will be a miracle
If he see 25%,
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
Mylove55:
I'm surprised for the small boy to be a governor of the fourth largest economy,
He is not even qualified to be a local government chairman in anambra, not to talk of in Lagos,
It will be a miracle
If he see 25%,
Their mata taya me

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

The only credible candidate pdp can project now is Udom.

I dont even want Pitobi to come back, lemme see his dexterity and savviness and popularity..

Wike is Death and Gone..

Okowa isnt credible enough..

These r the only front runners and new projects in Pdp.

Seyi makinde messed up, dont think pdp will even side him.

He can get the ticket and step down on election day to tinubu.

If Udom can pull such surprises against LP waves and Akpabio's comeback then we can only say that is the only true PDP front runner

Udom didnt do anything new,before the polls I said it that akwa ibom and bayelsa are conservative states.they hardly accept change,strange phenomena and obi wave is weak there.they are tied to partisan interests.the obi wave was just in the urban areas that is why obi won uyo,eket,yenagoa
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Saintinoo(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:
For me,it is because of the reasons I enumerated before the polls and many more.

Firstly,the north or core north only rallies behind radical,fanatic muslims or Muslims that appear simple,incorrupt,sharia driven,conservative like ahmadu bello,shehu yaradua,buhari etc.atiku lacks these features...

Secondly,the Muslim Muslim ticket is attractive to many core Muslims.they prefer it to a liberal Muslim pairing a southern Christian like atiku.

Thirdly,atiku is not grasstooted or close to the masses.he is too elitist and has no populist movement like buhari or kwankwaso
Fourthly,atiku does not have core loyalists working for him tirelessly.people in the north like tambuwal,saraki,lamido,muazu babangida etc that worked for him are not his loyalists and did so based on being in pdp or monetary reasons.atiku does not believe in loyalty,he thinks money can buy everything.

Finally,the defections were not overwhelming.the apc countered defections in sokoto,kebbi,gombe,jigawa.no governor defected most importantly.additionally,the north felt it was the turn of the south and tinubu having helped return back power to the south should be repaid in the words of gov masari.the na mu na mu by rolams failed,naka sai naka by change the change failed and shinkafa de wake by immaculatejoe failed to materialize.

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Nplfmod
Omenka
Donphilopus
Indispensable
Muykem
Afamed
Famology
Okoroawusa
Aufbauh
Hydrafeeds
Aiel123
Efewestern
Bayelsaowei
Aaa539
Yarimo
Fergie001
Kwanza
Calmobserver
Penguin2
Vicdom
Norsyk
Mrvitalis
Kyase
Quotasystem
Noethnicity
Kennyprince
Oghenaogie
Blackpanda
Raumdeuter
Gaabasky
Ttalk
Majole
Ityp
Itstutsi
Tuniski
Dominique
Adegbaorogboye
Mikeofafrica
Ogidigbodigbo
Tutudesz
Chukel
Okoroawusa
Caseless
Passingshot
Jaxxy
Jrusky
Esseite
Kcnwaigbo
Igboson
Immaculatejoe

There is no basis for this analysis, the election results were compromised by those Northern APC govs. Atiku still did well in the North, and yes, he is not a grassroot politician like Buhari, Kwankwaso or Obi.

Let's meet in court.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by Svoboda(m): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Mylove55:
buhari also use that same method before,
Buhari came to Benin in 2011 and campaign only in Fulani/hausa area

Thot he was better than buhari...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Saintinoo:

There is no basis for this analysis, the election results were compromised by those Northern APC govs. Atiku still did well in the North, and yes, he is not a grassroot politician like Buhari, Kwankwaso or Obi.

Let's meet in court.

What exactly is your problem? Are you for obi or atiku? Be mature
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

Udom didnt do anything new,before the polls I said it that akwa ibom and bayelsa are conservative states.they hardly accept change,strange phenomena and obi wave is weak there.they are tied to partisan interests.the obi wave was just in the urban areas that is why obi won uyo,eket,yenagoa

U dont know who Udom is till when u get to Uyo.

That man is a silent achiever...

He has his flaws but overall he did well.

Thats why e dey speak for am.

If he didnt do well, by now we for don see gale of defections to YPP...

YpP na another movement that will fizzle out after the election.

Its not alwasy easy to groom and build new structure with no visible portfolios..
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by HydraFeeds(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
The reasons Atiku failed to get bloc votes in the north is because

1) it’s not the north’s turn !
2) he has no messiah figure or cult following like Buhari
3) Tinubu is influential in the north
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by garfield1: 7:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
yaki84:

U dont know who Udom is till when u get to Uyo.

That man is a silent achiever...

He has his flaws but overall he did well.

Thats why e dey speak for am.

If he didnt do well, by now we for don see gale of defections to YPP...

YpP na another movement that will fizzle out after the election.

Its not alwasy easy to groom and build new structure with no visible portfolios..

You dont get it.the imposition of umo eno led to the defection of half of pdp to ypp and others.umo eno is not popular,udom performance is average.the people love oba.they even prefer oau to umo eno...there was little or no defection to lp in se but pdp was buried.stop underrating ypp
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? by yaki84: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:

You dont get it.the imposition of umo eno led to the defection of half of pdp to ypp and others.umo eno is not popular,udom performance is average.the people love oba.they even prefer oau to umo eno...there was little or no defection to lp in se but pdp was buried.stop underrating ypp
Isokay o brodah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appoint Commissioner For Youth, Ogun Assembly Tells Abiodun / Olisa Agbakoba To Become Inec Chairman! / FG Wants 10 Billion Naira For Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.