Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,229 members, 7,919,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:36 PM

What I Encounter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Encounter (567 Views)

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Encounter by Dynamicbliss: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
This is the situation I found myself some days back, it wasn't strange though, but helping only those that are close to us and ignoring the other even when we know the other person who you don't know is asking for help isn't too good, we can't be living on man know man alone.

so I trekked to where I went today because I couldn't get cash, but there was some cash where I went to, after the activities of the day, I told the person in charge that I needed cash of which he agreed and told me to wait, after about an hour plus, he said the cash is finished, someone then ask if I told him before and he said yes but other people (first class citizens) just came and collected it, and he apologized, I just smiled and left.
Then there was this lady that I knew that has some cash in her hand, so I asked her if I could get some cash, even little so I could atleast get home after the stress, she was then asking another person that's her friend if he wanted cash (not like he asked o), the person said no, but she didn't even respond to me again. I jejely mind my business and was about leaving to start my trekking back home.
Then a young mother (God bless her) that was sitting by called me that she has a spare #500 with her, she gave me and I thanked her and also made transfer to her.
Though I know the situation of things are hard now, but we can try and made it better for ourselves and those around us.

2 Likes

Re: What I Encounter by anthonyuncle(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
life is such
Re: What I Encounter by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dynamicbliss:
This is the situation I found myself some days back, it wasn't strange though, but helping only those that are close to us and ignoring the other even when we know the other person who you don't know is asking for help isn't too good, we can't be living on man know man alone.

so I trekked to where I went today because I couldn't get cash, but there was some cash where I went to, after the activities of the day, I told the person in charge that I needed cash of which he agreed and told me to wait, after about an hour plus, he said the cash is finished, someone then ask if I told him before and he said yes but other people (first class citizens) just came and collected it, and he apologized, I just smiled and left.
Then there was this lady that I knew that has some cash in her hand, so I asked her if I could get some cash, even little so I could atleast get home after the stress, she was then asking another person that's her friend if he wanted cash (not like he asked o), the person said no, but she didn't even respond to me again. I jejely mind my business and was about leaving to start my trekking back home.
Then a young mother (God bless her) that was sitting by called me that she has a spare #500 with her, she gave me and I thanked her and also made transfer to her.
Though I know the situation of things are hard now, but we can try and made it better for ourselves and those around us.

Many Nigerians are mean and terrible people, especially when 'some small powers enter their hands', and that's quite unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: What I Encounter by MumEmdy(f): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
I feel your pain, sorry about that please and may God bless that woman that bail you out.

1 Like

Re: What I Encounter by Stevenbright(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Many Nigerians are mean and terrible people, especially when 'some small powers enter their hands', and that's quite unfortunate

And yet majority blame others (most especially our leaders), as if they will do better when given the opportunity.

An average Nigerian is just something else. You only know who they truly are when you have a close dealings with them or when they are in position of power!

1 Like

Re: What I Encounter by Stevenbright(m): 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dynamicbliss:

So sorry for your experience.

Maybe you should try filling stations in your area you can get cash from them. This have worked for me before. Cheers

1 Like

Re: What I Encounter by Greenkim(f): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
Chaii sorry for the bad experience
Re: What I Encounter by Diligent1(f): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
I feel your pain

(1) (Reply)

Woman Married For 22 Years Nabs Husband With Side Chick(video) / See Finish / MY First Time Experiencing ATM Still Loaded With Cash On A Saturday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.