Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,136 members, 7,977,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:20 AM

If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. (680 Views)

Tafa Bot . What U Need To Know. How It Works / How To Invest In Land In Lagos State Even When You’re A Middle Income Earner. / Make Money Selling Local Products As A Middle Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by Nice2023(m): 6:10am On Mar 20, 2023
Lower middle class (individual) at least ₦500,000/ month after taxes.

Lower middle class (Household) at least ₦800,000/month after taxes

Upper middle class (individual) at least ₦750,000/month after taxes

Upper middle class (household) at least ₦1,500,000/month after taxes.

To put these numbers in context:

Home ownership

The upper class (rich) can pay cash when they want a house

The middle class take a mortgage if they what to buy a house

The lower class do not aspire to own a house

Quality of life

The rich access good healthcare, vacations, education, etc without giving it much thought.

The middle class can only afford same with careful planning (or debt).

The poor usually only get what is publicly available for free.

Using Lagos and Abuja as reference points, your residential proximity to the Central Business District can help you determine if you fall in upper/lower middle class. Home ownership vis-a-vis years of employment is also another factor.

If you spend more than one hour going to work because you can only afford rent in particular areas of town, you are most likely not even in the middle class.

Of course, due to the prevalence of extended defendants, there are other factors that could affect one’s quality of life irrespective of income bracket.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by MVLOX(m): 7:32am On Mar 20, 2023
Are this figures annual or monthly earnings...
Re: If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by 123readygo: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Let’s stop posting things here without proper research. 99% of workers in Nigeria earn less than 200k a month. Does that mean that they are extremely poor and those those earning above 200k but below 500k are poor since someone earning 800k is in middle class
Re: If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by Starboytwo(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2023
I’m this Nigeria

Hahaha
Re: If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by Nice2023(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2023
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm
Let’s stop posting things here without proper research. 99% of workers in Nigeria earn less than 200k a month. Does that mean that they are extremely poor and those those earning above 200k but below 500k are poor since someone earning 800k is in middle class

The scale is always changing due to inflation and I can tell u that,300k a month can't be enough for me and my family.

That is why those earning that amount of money u listed may find it very difficult to own a befitting house in Nigeria. When I say a befitting house,I don't mean face me,I greet u house.

If nothing is done to mollify the inflation in the country,the scale will further change to a point where the poverty in Nigeria would be far greater than what we have now.
Re: If U Are A Middle Class,this Is What U Should Be Earning. by dayxplorer(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
If you want to have a side hustle that gives you consistent earning, then check the great opportunity here: https://www.nairaland.com/7619879/7-day-10-steady-income-group

(1) (Reply)

We Fabricate And Instal Gas Filling Tanks Aba 08142074243 / Share Certificate / NSE To Emerge 2012 Best Performing Market – Oteh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.