Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag (7803 Views)

Photo: Amaechi Arriving Ngige's Home With Swag / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by nduchucks: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

. . .For putting himself in harms way to visit the family of the slain boko haram leader. He actually asked his security detail to excuse him, putting himself in harms way while he had heart to heart talks with the family; you've got to give it to him for that, he's got balls of steel.
His effort has opened up a direct communication route to the sect, instead of the faceless "Ustaz" and other unknowns that have claimed to represent them. What this means, is that we can now answer the salient questions about boko haram; especially if it is a singular entity, and if not, what exactly they represent.

Also noteworthy about Obj's visit is the fact that he is not a Northerner, neither is he a Muslim; I am not even certain he can speak Hausa. Of our past leaders, he is the only one with any redeeming qualities. He did what the son's of the soil and so-called Northern leaders from Buhari to IBB could not do.
I used to be staunchly anti-Obj, but that has now ceased forever.

You've got swag, sir.

Beaf, the kind of bravery shown by OBJ in this case is a calculated PR stunt which will benefit OBJ more than any other party or body.  I’m surprised that you are willing to overlook any of  OBJ’s committed atrocities because of this singular act of his. I suppose you would have ceased to be anti-IBB or anti-Ibori, if any of these men had done the same thing OBJ did.

In my humble opinion, these people deserve to be tried for grand theft and locked up for good, instead of being given the opportunity to continue to r.ape the nation by diverting attention from their crimes through deceptive acts of ‘bravery’. These people should not be worshiped as heros, they are thieves who belong in prison.  OBJ, IBB, Ibori, and others are criminals in my mind, they deserve no praise at a all.

If you imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if the billions that these people stole had been used to build good roads and hospitals, then you’d realize that OBJ’s act of ‘bravery’ in this case is not enough to give him a free pass.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by JamesDoe: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
Subscribed,

Now if you had said: "Obasanjo is a good man", then I wouldn't agree.

Obasanjo is an evil man who has done some good in his lifetime. He is definitely great.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by n3rve(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2011
JamesDoe:

Subscribed,

Now if you had said: "Obasanjo is a good man", then I wouldn't agree.

Obasanjo is an evil man who has done some good in his lifetime. He is definitely great.

I agree. Some Nigerians are ridiculous.

-[n3rve]
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by macroworld: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ, regardless of how some people see him is doing a great Job on this. I am sure the outcome of this visit and subsequent engagements will shed some more lights on the entity, structure and ops of the group.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Abagworo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
@beaf.Every other thing you have written on this forum I despise but this one.This is the only sensible thing you have ever written on Nairaland.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by wowo2: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Story, for a man that does nothing without an ulterior motive.
Did he ask after the dead man's wives?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2011
wowo2:

Story, for a man that does nothing without an ulterior motive.
Did he ask after the dead man's wives?

Very funny but I take style suspect am o.Baba libido dey as high as em age.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
surely you made a typo and must mean: Obj should lecture jonathan on how τ̅☺ ruin things

katesegun:

Obj should lecture jonathan on how τ̅☺ run things
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by edicolove: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
Nigerians are the most bitter and ungrateful people in the world. Why is it so difficult to say well done to a man who has done something good? \it is like some of you will explode if you say well done or thank you. Please go on and say it. Its not so difficult. Take a deep breath and let it out. SAY THANK YOU OBJ! There you go It wasnt that difficult and it feels good really.

grin
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ is an evil genocidal and wreckless old foolish traitor and he should be in jail.

Why are you mumus even praising this criminal for ?

somebody Nigerians are idiots led by fools ,  Now  I wonder whether they were right undecided

Have you forgotten that this corrupt kleptomanic fool became the biggest looter in African history and caused Nigeria Airways to collapse angry

Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by edicolove: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^I know its very hard but you can overcome the bitterness if you really work at it. say it, THANK YOU OBJ! There you go. easy easy!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Kolababa: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
I am very surprised to be reading on this forum people praising OBJ for "peacemaking". Instead of us to condemn his PDP government for lacking the will to curtail excesses of a terrorist group.
Nowhere in the world do you negotiate with terrorists. Then what happen to the FBI, CIA, SSS and Police investigations on UN House bombing when the family of the Late Yusuff demanded for the release of all the arrested Boko Haram members?
Also does that means that anybody that is aggrieved should go and acquire exploives and start bombing everywhere. Last two weeks, I read it on paper that Mopol unjustly killed one OPC leader in Ibadan, does that mean OPC should start bombing everywhere to protest against this?
When their brother Abacha unjustly hanged Ken Saro Wiwa and other eight Ogonis, do Ogonis go ahead and start bombing everywhere because they want justice?
What about MKO Abiola? Does that means that MKO children should go ahead and acquire bombs with their father's wealth and start bombing everywhere because they want justice?
What about common man Police kill everyday unjustly on the road? Does it mean that their family should be engaging in acts of terrorism because they want justice?
The sponsors of this terrorism should have been dealth with first to serve as deterrent to others before any meaningless peacemove by OBJ.
I suspect OBJ is trying to cover up things for his olg friends that might have been fingered in the ongoing UN House investigations.
You know Yoruba say " awo ni o maa ngbe awo nigbowo".
This is OBJ's move. terrorism because they want justice?
The sponsors of this terrorism should have been dealth with first to serve as deterrent to others before any meaningless peacemove by OBJ.
I suspect OBJ is trying to cover up things for his olg friends that might have been fingered in the ongoing UN House investigations.
This is OBJ's move.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by babaowo: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
ekun baba oniyabode!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by edicolove: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
Kolababa:

I am very surprised to be reading on this forum people praising OBJ for "peacemaking". Instead of us to condemn his PDP government for lacking the will to curtail excesses of a terrorist group.
Nowhere in the world do you negotiate with terrorists. Then what happen to the FBI, CIA, SSS and Police investigations on UN House bombing when the family of the Late Yusuff demanded for the release of all the arrested Boko Haram members?
Also does that means that anybody that is aggrieved should go and acquire exploives and start bombing everywhere. Last two weeks, I read it on paper that Mopol unjustly killed one OPC leader in Ibadan, does that mean OPC should start bombing everywhere to protest against this?
When their brother Abacha unjustly hanged Ken Saro Wiwa and other eight Ogonis, do Ogonis go ahead and start bombing everywhere because they want justice?
What about MKO Abiola? Does that means that MKO children should go ahead and acquire bombs with their father's wealth and start bombing everywhere because they want justice?
What about common man Police kill everyday unjustly on the road? Does it mean that their family should be engaging in acts of terrorism because they want justice?
I suspect OBJ is trying to cover up things for his olg friends that might have been manipulated in the ongoing UN House investigations.
This is OBJ's move.  terrorism because they want justice?
I suspect OBJ is trying to cover up things for his olg friends that might have been manipulated in the ongoing UN House investigations.
This is OBJ's move.
1. So countries that have been fighting with terrorism for years now, dont have the will to?
2. So OBJ is now trying to cover the arse of people that hate him and have been trying to bring him down?

Why dont you guys try to make sense sometimes
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by babaowo: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
ekun baba oniyabode!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Kolababa: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
You that make sense abi.
I remember OBJ's first press statement immediately after the UN House bombing when he was away contained that the perpetrators of this barbaric act must be punished and there should be no negotiation with them. Why is he making a U'turn?
You said those that one to bring him down, you dont know politics, is a calculation to bring them back to GEJ camp for 2015.
If this is your solution to Boko Haram's madness, then Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder.
I leave the rest to you MR SENSE, the only wise man on naairaland.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by okadaman2: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf said;
His effort has opened up a direct communication route to the sect, instead of the faceless "Ustaz" and other unknowns that have claimed to represent them.

What this means, is that we can now answer the salient questions about boko haram; especially if it is a singular entity, and if not, what exactly they represent.

The reports said OBJ visited the late Yusuff's family and also his slained father-in-law's family. We understand from further reports released and posted on NL that the family already sued the government so they never really hid their faces.

People in Maiduguri know them and I'm sure the Boko Haram camp is not in their compound.

My point is that you are assuming these families have some tangible influence over the Boko Haram sect itself and their "faceless Ustaz". I hope your assumption is correct. I doubt it.

People who fight ideological struggles like the Boko Haram claimed they are fighting do not care too much about what in-laws or relatives say or believe. It's like appealing to Hitler's uncle to help stop Hitler from killing Jews.

Or begging Osama-Bin-Laden's father to make Osama stop his Jihad.

For the sake of future victims, I really hope your assumption is correct. But I can tell you that OBJ is not altruistic or brave in anyway. When I see all the military thieves and coup plotters like OBJ and his friends running helter skelter to defend their loot from impending chaos. Bravery does not come to my mind.

Fighting an ideological battle with begging and pleading is definitely not bravery.

If OBJ is brave, IBB will be in jail, Danjuma will be dead, Buhari will be in Jail. Abacha family will be serving life sentences, all his aides and those involved in the murder of Saro Wiwa, Kudirat, Alfred Rewane and other crimes and looting that created an atmosphere for lunatics like Boko-haram to thrive will be in jail.

No! OBJ is a coward drama king with attention deficit disorder, "e nor fit Siddon for one place" if he stops his limelight hugging drama, he will die, so he's just having fun. Brave my ass!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
crimes of Obasanjo :
wrecklessly devaluing Naira by 500%
looting at least $100billion (several trillions of Naira) making known as biggest looter in African history
presided over the mismanagement, looting and closure of Nigeria Airways
Installed corrupt Shagari 1979
Installed corrupt Yara Dua 2007
Gave away oil rich Nigerian land
massacred hundreds od civilians in Odi in Niger Delta

Only fools can praise such criminal

Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by EPOMA(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
GenBuhari:

OBJ is an evil genocidal and wreckless old foolish traitor and he should be in jail.

Why are you mumus even praising this criminal for ?

somebody Nigerians are idiots led by fools ,  Now  I wonder whether they were right undecided

Have you forgotten that this corrupt kleptomanic fool became the biggest looter in African history and caused Nigeria Airways to collapse angry

Thank You My brother, one of the only reasonable post here. I will come back to the comments , still wondering what goes on in the minds of Nigerians. I think we have not suffered enough for us to still call this man a great man.

Well I think he is a great man to most Nigerians that he succeeded in deceiving.He wanted a puppet president that he can control and he got it against the will of the whole country , That is great

I hear people here compare him to Mandela, do guys realise that the reason why Mandela spent such a long time in prison was because he refused to stop his campaign if released but Obj convinces Charles Taylor to seek asylum in Nigeria and then handed him over in place of 3rd term agenda

He is so great that 16 billion dollars was spent in 2007 before he left office for electricity and up till now not even an improvement in light

1004 flats in Lagos was sold for about 4 billion naira which means each of the flats was about 4 million naira, now after renovation, they are going for over 25 to 60 million naira to Nigerian public and we call that great. anyway some people are criminals and thief so they will see their oga as a great thief .
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by dankol: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
Abeg make una leave OBJ alone ooo. Wetin now. Dis is power play nd a game of political wits. If u are nt contended, u either pray or keep shut instead of shouting fowl.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by EPOMA(m): 5:20pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

. . .For putting himself in harms way to visit the family of the slain boko haram leader. He actually asked his security detail to excuse him, putting himself in harms way while he had heart to heart talks with the family; you've got to give it to him for that, he's got balls of steel.
His effort has opened up a direct communication route to the sect, instead of the faceless "Ustaz" and other unknowns that have claimed to represent them. What this means, is that we can now answer the salient questions about boko haram; especially if it is a singular entity, and if not, what exactly they represent.

Also noteworthy about Obj's visit is the fact that he is not a Northerner, neither is he a Muslim; I am not even certain he can speak Hausa. Of our past leaders, he is the only one with any redeeming qualities. He did what the son's of the soil and so-called Northern leaders from Buhari to IBB could not do.
I used to be staunchly anti-Obj, but that has now ceased forever.

You've got swag, sir.

They same way they excuse him when they are stealing our money. Beaf why do you alway start topics like this, I believe you don't really want Nigeria to grow. Obj is not a great man but an opportunistic military man who because of the civil war rouse to a general. do want to tell me that obj could stand in the face of educated people like like Ojukwu if not for the war. Bring good topic to this place and stop your brainwashing, we have our eyes open. Now you are not saying much about you dumb a;ss Goodluck anymore.

Please tell your Goodluck to add him to his economic team, other country are growing and we are here discussing who is great. Drive from lagos to east and you will see how great Obj and Anenih are. Beaf am still warning on this kind of topic
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by EPOMA(m): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
dankol:

Abeg make una leave OBJ alone ooo. Wetin now. Dis is power play nd a game of political wits. If u are nt contended, u either pray or keep shut instead of shouting fowl.
But the bible says that faith without works is useless, so if we pray, we should not do the work of crying foul in our society. Nigeria is bigger than all this fools thinking the want power or are playing politics
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by BigB11(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Very interesting. I guess this is why we are all human beings.
Some people also label Osama Bin Laden, Saddam, Gaddafi and even Hitler as great men with swag. So, carry on folks. Do whatever makes you sleep well.

Only an animal will sleep with his daughter in-law.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by deols(f): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
i also think what he did is laudable!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Jettage: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
This is the Truth that you must Know about OBJ, he wants to be seen as relevant, so he Jumps on every feather Plane to all African countries, Just because Nigeria is deceiving herself as Big Brother Africa,

It is in his nature to be Chameleoninc, Have you suddenly forgotten the Tricks he played on Charles Taylor to install his girlfriend still President of Liberia?

Just imagine How EFCC cannot bring him to book after the obvious misrule that still keeps us all in Darkness

Visiting the Boko Haram Family is his initiative to be on National Paper so as to give the International community the impression of another Koffi Annan IN Nigeria.

Now that Paper reported it, did you hear his comments, I owe no apology, Just Imagine.

Tell me, was the Visit to curb the attack in Abuja, Bauchi, Suleija  apart from Maiduguri.

What is the essence of a Visit to the forerunner of a Crime that has spread beyond Maiduguri.

Don't tell me that crab, OBJ is an obvious Chemel ion seeking Public attention and of course to put a guilt on the mind of Figurehead GEJ who has become our "Badluck Jonathan"

we should commend him for his antiques, at least he has shown IBB that he is faster in tricks

http://akinbami..com/2011/09/obasanjo-mending-visits-aggrieved-boko.html
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by EPOMA(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
Breaking news: Boko Haram: Babakura, spokesman during Obasanjo’s visit shot dead
On September 17, 2011 · In News

BY NDAHI MARAMA

MAIDUGURI – Following Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s secret and surprised visit, Thursday , to the family members of Late Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, a former leader of the Boko Haram, the Spokesman of the family, who received the delegation in Maiduguri, Alhaji Babakura Fugu was on Saturday afternoon shot dead by unknown gunmen.

Babakura Fugu, aged 48, who until his death, was the eldest son of Yusuf’s in-law, Late Ba Fugu, a former Commissioner for Religious Affairs who was also executed by security forces during the Boko Haram uprising in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/breaking-news-boko-haram-family-spokesman-babakura-during-objs-visit-shot-dead/

Beaf, you can see that the Greatman did not stop any thing. The earlier this country works had on security and stop praising people the better
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
@deols
Are you saying that his mismanagement and looting that led to collapse of Nigeria Airways was laudible?

deols:

i also think what he did is laudable!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by umechuma: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ is the most foolish Nigerian President!!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Onlytruth(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

@beaf.Every other thing you have written on this forum I despise but this one.[/b]This is the only sensible thing you have ever written on Nairaland.

For me, everything [b]Beaf
has written on this site I lionize and admire EXCEPT THIS ONE.
Talk about two Nairalanders (Onlytruth and Abagworo) being direct opposites of each other.

Beaf sir, IMHO YOU ARE WRONG on this one. The man you have chosen to lionize is one of the problems of this country. He is not one of the solutions. He had a total of 11 years to change Nigeria for the best. He failed.

This window dressing by OBJ cannot save his legacy.
Let me ask you.
How did Obasanjo respond to the MASSOB and Niger delta militants? Did he go to visit them in Okwe and Okerenkoko?
NO.
Instead, he sent JTF (MEND) and Police shoot to kill (MASSOB).

I still think he is a selfish coward.  cool
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Onlytruth(m): 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

Beaf, the kind of bravery shown by OBJ in this case is a calculated PR stunt which will benefit OBJ more than any other party or body.  I’m surprised that you are willing to overlook any of  OBJ’s committed atrocities because of this singular act of his. I suppose you would have ceased to be anti-IBB or anti-Ibori, if any of these men had done the same thing OBJ did.

In my humble opinion, these people deserve to be tried for grand theft and locked up for good, instead of being given the opportunity to continue to r.ape the nation by diverting attention from their crimes through deceptive acts of ‘bravery’.
(gaskia kawai  cool) These people should not be worshiped as heros, they are thieves who belong in prison.  OBJ, IBB, Ibori, and others are criminals in my mind, they deserve no praise at a all.

If you imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if the billions that these people stole had been used to build good roads and hospitals, then you’d realize that OBJ’s act of ‘bravery’ in this case is not enough to give him a free pass.

My aboki brother ndu_chucks , you and I agree again!
I really think that apart from your occasional support for genocidal state actions, you are actually one cool dude.  cool
You and I share a passion for a functional corruption free homeland. And I haven't seen you support any of these thieves; yet.
I am still waiting for the day you would repent of your extremist shoot to kill state policy against unarmed groups such as MASSOB.  wink
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by alex14(m): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hahahaha!  grin This is one of the reasons why I always say nigeria is better disintegrated than standing decayed cool. How can a man who committed all forms of evil like corruption, incest (sleeping with his own daughter in-law) be lionised, just because of a cheap "diplomatic" stunt.

Well, nigerians (especially the so called oil-producing communities of the SS) deserves the type of leaders they get!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nwogeneugo: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
has he visted the families of boko haram victims,
this pure baba, television politics for the cameras
obj is shyte pure and simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help: List Of Nassarawa State Commissioners. / Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! / 4 Reasons Why Africans Will Never Develop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.