Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,461 members, 7,944,288 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Do Black Women Get Cellulite? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Black Women Get Cellulite? (17462 Views)

New Pill Pregprep Could Help Women Get Pregnant / How To Get Rid Of Cellulite / A Doctor's Secret To Losing The Weight And The Cellulite Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Ranoscky(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2011
ogugua88:

There's this Caucasian woman I see on the train often. After she gets off the train, she bikes to her destination. Someone that bikes like her, I'd assume he or she would have fit thighs. This woman has the worst cellulite I've ever seen. You can see the holes from far away. I'm even questioning if it's cellulite as I've never seen a case so serious.

Cellulite is prevalent in Caucasian women. That's according to my eye and according to what I've read. I've never seen it in AA women. AA's tend to have more elastic skin though. According to what I've read.
The ones you have seen doesnt have it, that doesnt neccessarily mean all AA women dont have it! *na angel alla dem be?*
CyberG:

I have not met a black woman with cellulite till date but their must be a percentage that have it.
Them plenty!
CyberG:

One thing I have noticed is that white women have very good skin when they are in their early twenties but mid thirties to early forties, the skin is already sagging around the neck and discolored!
BIG FAT LIE!!

Just say, the ones you have seen!
CyberG:

I think it is in the skin pigmentation.
No, it's not (if talkin about skin colour)!

I have seen much in black women!

rokiatu:

Amazingly enough, I haven't seen any black woman with cellulite. Maybe I do not go around checking out nake!!d women. cheesy grin grin

On a more serious note, black women do have cellulite too but very rarely. Thanks to our thick skin.

Unlike the white skin, right. . .? U neva see anything!

No tak gud kia of ur skin mak u kno weda cellulite would com knockin or not!

Jenifa_:

yes i've seen black women with cellulite. usually on their butt because that's where many store their fat. but i'm sure there are women who have it on their thighs too.
EXACTLY!!

Mostly amongst the black women.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Jenifa1: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2011
^ nah. i've seen it more on white women.
black women who are morbidly obese will usually have it. but it doesn't take much for a white woman to have it. as long as she gets to 40 even if she's average weight, cellulite starts to creep up on her thighs

i'm pretty sure there is an explanation for it sef. just like wrinkles is also more prevalent among whites due to their thinner skin/ sensitivity to sun exposure etc.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Ranoscky(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ nah. i've seen it more on white women.
black women who are morbidly obese will usually have it. but it doesn't take much for a white woman to have it. as long as she gets to 40 even if she's average weight, cellulite starts to creep up on her thighs

i'm pretty sure there is an explanation for it sef. just like wrinkles is also more prevalent among whites due to their thinner skin/ sensitivity to sun exposure etc.
The "she" you know, or all white "shes" ?
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Jenifa1: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2011
re-read my post with the italics and you will see what the "she" is qualifying.
I feel like i'm explaining the use of pronouns to a 3rd grader.

Ranoscky:

The "she" you know, or all white "shes" ?

Jenifa_:

but it doesn't take much for a white woman to have it. as long as she,
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Ranoscky(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2011
Thaz the problem with you girls. All your reponses must come with an insult to prove your point (thinkin she answered my question).

Infact, you know what. . .? Not even a 3rd grader, but a 5th grader, k? . . .Whatever makes you squirt!
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by wowo2: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2011
I bet it depends on how [b]long [/b]and [b]where [/b]you have looking.
If you're looking amongst Nigerian women, the ones that have it may not wear revealing clothes; but if you have actually been diligently searching amongst the [i]oyinbo [/i]black women (in Amerika etc) and you haven't seen any, then i rest my case
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by drgica74: 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
1,In the first place, it is called cellulitis , which means inflammation of the subcutaneous tissue( layer after the skin), usually cause by streptococcus species but occasionally by staph and other bacteria .

2, It does not have racial discrimination

3,Not related to ageing.

4, I believe what you wanted to say where things like: Striae, wrinkles, skin exfoliation, freckles, etc.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Outstrip(f): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2011
Of course black women get cellulite. It has to do with your diet and genes. Skinny women with no ounce of fat will eventually get it too. You obviously are not an ahewo grin If you have actually touched enough women you would have known that cellulite is a fact of life. I think people with a high vegetable and low dairy and meat diet will have less issues with cellulite
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
Let's get out this denial crap.

i dont know what talinda and that other person is on about. it is a fact that white people look older than their age, if not all then MOST. they even say so themselves. their complexions do not go well with age hence THEIR need for complexion enhancements such as skin tan lotion, sun block creams, bot0x, and so forth. ppl of different races use all of the mentioned methods but only to copy and we all know "monkey see monkey do". why else would the advertisements for them all feature whites? lets use common sense and stop getting ridiculously over sensitive.

cellulite occurs when it comes to all women AND men from all walks of life however it is most noticeable on lighter complexions again FACT.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by MrsChima1(f): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
What's this doing in the health section?
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by SEFAGO(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
Ekt_bear

Stop being racist!!!

WW are the best in the world!

They have no blemishes usually and are not susceptible to being fat.

God bless them
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by CyberG: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2011
LOL. . .at this thread. Ranoscky is taking it all too serious! tongue tongue Talina, I got love for every shade of women, so not about white or black. wink wink
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by segedoo(m): 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2011
Do black women breathe?

The answer's your answer!
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by 677ano(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2011
What a question celulite is not race or skin colour related black women have it in abundance
also they have hide it under their clothes
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by hustla(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2011
omo see jamb question ooo, seriously i fink so,
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Ranoscky(m): 1:45am On Sep 19, 2011
CyberG:

LOL. . .at this thread. Ranoscky is taking it all too serious! tongue tongue Talina, I got love for every shade of women, so not about white or black. wink wink
My broda, that is why sometimes, I hardly respond to (most) girls. They'r just something else.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by cold(m): 2:06am On Sep 19, 2011
It appears that cellulite is observable in women of all races. Studies involving women from China, South Africa, Egypt, Brazil, United States, Canada, Mexico, Afghanistan, Russia, Japan, Thailand and Indonesia all report cellulite in women.

http://www.drlenkravitz.com/Articles/cellulite.html
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by AfroBlue(m): 3:23am On Sep 19, 2011
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by itiswell1(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2011
hustla:

omo see jamb question ooo, seriously i fink so,

I no know say u self dey thesame film o
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by chioma134: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2011
Black women do have cellulite. I started developing cellulite when I was pregnant. It's still there,but has reduced. I think it has to do with skin type. Some black women don't have it.
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by superior1: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2011
I tort na only stretch-marks africans dey get?
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Sike(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2011
Cellulite Hehehehe
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by Ybutterfly: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^^^no woman is immu[size=15pt]ne to cel[/size]lulite
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by OgaMadam(f): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
the type of cellulite black women have is hard and looks better

even if she is fat, she still looks in one piece if you see what i mean

tight fat
Re: Do Black Women Get Cellulite? by otokx(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2011
Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gombe Boy Can't Urinate After He Was Hit By Hit & Run Driver (Photos) / Cross River Doctors Declare Strike, Accuse Ayade Govt Of Hiding COVID19 Patients / Kano Govt Bans Shisha Smoking, Stops Underage Children From Entering Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.