Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,261 members, 7,887,750 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

Igbo Most Marginalised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Most Marginalised (5170 Views)

The Lesson The Igbo Most Learn, before they all get killed / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised / Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Most Marginalised by tonesky(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2007
The Ibo's are the most marginalised zone in Nigeria. Nigerians independent came under the tripod stand IE, North,South and East, but now Ibo's are still the most marginalised. For instance since after the civil war which is still a result of marginalisation, no Ibo man had ever become the president of this country, inspector General of police, chief of defence staff etc. There is this rumour that the Hausa's and Yoruba's signed an agreement that no Igbo man will ever become the president of this country - Nigeria again. To buttress this, Dr. Alex Ekwueme was best positioned to win 1999 president but because of that it was denied him. Moreover, unemployment is predominantly in the south east, every zone in Nigeria has six states and above only south east has five. Ibo's are known for their sojourn to other countries or states to look for their daily bread because of the quest to pull them down in the last census Obasanjo and the Northern power brokers insisted that state of origin would not be included in the census form the implication being that Igbo's living outside the Igbo states were counted as non-Igbo's. Since we believe in one Nigeria why not live and let live. Why is uwazuruike still incarcerated?
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2007
tonesky:

The Ibo's are the most marginalised zone in Nigeria. Nigerians independent came under the tripod stand IE, North,South and East, but now Ibo's are still the most marginalised. For instance since after the civil war which is still a result of marginalisation, no Ibo man had ever become the president of this country, inspector General of police, chief of defence staff etc. There is this rumour that the Hausa's and Yoruba's signed an agreement that no Igbo man will ever become the president of this country - Nigeria again. To buttress this, Dr. Alex Ekwueme was best positioned to win 1999 president but because of that it was denied him. Moreover, unemployment is predominantly in the south east, every zone in Nigeria has six states and above only south east has five. Ibo's are known for their sojourn to other countries or states to look for their daily bread because of the quest to pull them down in the last census Obasanjo and the Northern power brokers insisted that state of origin would not be included in the census form the implication being that Igbo's living outside the Igbo states were counted as non-Igbo's. Since we believe in one Nigeria why not live and let live. Why is uwazuruike still incarcerated?

The truth must be told, Nigerians should remember that the last laugh is the longest and the sweetest,[size=18pt] LET UWAZURUIKE GO[/size]
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2007
YORUBA AND NORTHERN NIGERIA CONSPIRACY,.
(SOUTH SOUTH not among).
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by NINETOFIVE(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2007
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Afam(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2007
What are these videos about before I dedicate bandwidth to seeing them as I am not on broadband? grin grin
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by afrika1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2007
Am sick and tired of hearing that igbos are marginalized.

Nigeria is made up of over 200 different ethnic groups. And Funny enough the miniorities tend to hold the wealth of Nigeria esp the oil.

No miniority group has been given a chance to rule this country. Igbos in their shortsightedness keep clamouring for power, however whenever a presidential election comes up. Every igbo man that can contest for presidency comes up, in the last election over 8 igbo men came out and "EVEN THOUGH" each of the fools know they cant win, everyone in their greed and foolish "EGOISTIC" nature, runs and refuses to support the other.

I dare say, even though the minorities have the wealth of the nation, the majority have stolen it.

If oil was found in yoruba land, or hausua or ibo land, "IN THE QUANTITY" found in the minority land,,

1. no minority would be allowed to get a job in these idiots lands
2. nigeria would have split ages ago

Every man, and tribe should look beyond the greed and egoistic sentiments of the easu and satanic spirit ruining nigeria and like the arabs have done. BUILD A NIGERIA FOR TOMORROW

or else, lets every forget of being a great nation and stop encourageing these preachers to lie to us about prosperity

afrika1

1 Like

Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by HolinessM: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2007
must and not most - see this kain english.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2007
hahaaaaaa,
grin
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by afrika1(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2007
no man
no pastor
no leader ( Spiritual, political or traditional )
no bishop
no reverend
no body

has stood up to do good for the nation. Its such a shame, that our generation is that of an easu generation. A generation that shows of its gifts, but has no fruit to show its good works.

generation after generation, we dont produce nothing. No works of our hands

its a shame

igbo's should shut up and try and lead themselves before coming to clamour for power.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by laudate: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2007
Chei!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by ebos(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2007
All Igbos in this forum should not respond Afrika 1. He is a confirmed fool. Though, I have to demean myself to inform Igbos here. Let us watch his next post(s). It will expose his foolishness more. Please, Please, no Igbo person should respond to this fool.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2007
thunder grin
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by afrika1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2007
well another word from the fool,

am not just referring to igbos alone, am referring to a generation of people. Who have the best resources in the world, but have absolutely nothing to show for it, except for waste, destruction, decadence

When God said, he blessed man, The Bible was referring to talents "ability".

God gives us ability in order for us to be fruitful. The only fruit nigeria has produced is the fruit of the womb, children, which we cant show welfare to. Its a shame on this generation, scattered around the world. We have "NOTHING" To show for the works of our hands, nothing to offer the generation yet unborn.

When a man like soyinka succeeds, or any other nigerian making waves. In their egoistic nature, they carry themselves revelling in thier glory of the past. Giving glory and honour to themselves. Such icons, should reproduce themselves in the generation behind, that we have many sons, called onto glory.

This is my quarrel, not the igbo man.

Its time, for a nation, a people to

1. remain forever foolish
or
2. rise up to its task of 'HIGH GIFTING' and shine.

its up to us

The igbo man is not the enemy, neither is it the yoruba, or any tribe,

IDIOTS (I mean Nigerians) !!!

Look beyond your skin and tongue, and see a nation a people, a time. BLESSED BY GOD.

Afrika1
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2007
Thunder
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by cgift(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2007
this is too much.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Mandora(f): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2007
Dont get me wrong am also Igbo. But part of d prob stems 4rm d fact dat even d Igbos r not united. Igbos r one group of pple who neva help one another something dat other tribes never do. I believe if we can form a united front it wld b more difficult 4 others 2 marginalise us
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by McKren(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2007
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by cgift(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2007
Their is no cohesion down there really. I wish thy can help and be true to themselves. Give one of thier sons contracts to fix their roads, thy squander the money. They see the rogues living large among them and yet complain that government has marginalised thm. They first need to ut their house in order.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by pilas: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2007
wink
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by cgift(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2007
whats that
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by osisi5: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2007
ebos:

All Igbos in this forum should not respond Afrika 1. He is a confirmed fool. Though, I have to demean myself to inform Igbos here. Let us watch his next post(s). It will expose his foolishness more. Please, Please, no Igbo person should respond to this fool.

As hard as this is,I will heed your advice for now hoping the slowpoke hangs himself before I return
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by welcome1: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2007
What makes a man a confirmed fool ?

Fact he told you the truth ? The igbo man has not made anything of himself today. Except 419. They are the only set of Nigerians not united.

Zik called himself Zik of africa. But when he died, the road to his village was not even tarred.

How can u be a giant of a nation, when your hometown is in shambles ? Beats me.

Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by pilas: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2007
wink
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Oluosewa: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2007
ebos:

I think what ebos is trying to say, is that "SILENCE" is the best answer for the igbo's in this forum. lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by osisi5: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2007
welcome1:

Fact he told you the truth ? The igbo man has not made anything of himself today. Except 419. They are the only set of Nigerians not united.

Zik called himself Zik of africa. But when he died, the road to his village was not even tarred.

How can u be a giant of a nation, when your hometown is in shambles ? Beats me.

post a picture of the hell hole you call your village,that's if you know the exact rock your ancestors crawled out of. cool
Your kind probably has no proper descent
You might as well move to Haiti and other faraway Islands
That's where your brethren were shipped to
when they were needed for cotton picking

ewu minority grin tongue
jealousy will kill you.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by doyin13(m): 12:47am On Sep 07, 2007
@osisi

to be fair to afrika1 he has criticised not just the Igbos
but the nation as a whole

Another thing, Igbos are often accused of a lack of unity
an idea i simply don't understand

I don't see any of the 'other major' tribes displaying any
greater level of unity.

Considering how diverse the country is and the subdivisions
within this major tribes themselves, 'unity of any sort will continue to
elude all groups, and any benefits will prove shortlived
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by osisi5: 12:52am On Sep 07, 2007
Even in individual families,unity is often lacking talk less of a whole Igbo nation.
there is no way all Igbos can reason as one.
We are individuals,there is no Igbo leader and there never will be.
Just like I don't know who the Hausa or Yoruba leaders are.
There probably isn't any.

afrikafreak or whatever he calls himself is an idiot and I'm sure he already knows it.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by grafikdon: 3:36am On Sep 07, 2007
Mandora:

Dont get me wrong am also Igbo. But part of d prob stems from d fact that even d I[b]gbos r not united[/b]. Igbos r one group of people who never help one another something that other tribes never do. I believe if we can form a united front it would b more difficult 4 others 2 marginalise us

My sister, please leave that matter because it is the most redundant and despicable term in the history of Nigeria. If Igbo 'unite' and speak with 'one voice', they deserved to be driven into the Atlantic Ocean because it is not only unhealthy and unnatural, it is detrimental to their existence. That term 'Igbos are not united' is very popular among the spiritually (and physically) indolent. I never respond to such people because I believe it is better to let them wallow (choke and drown) in their rancid pool of bigotry, prejudice, ignorance, malice and superficiality. However, I hardly resist the attempt to reply when it comes from somebody that should 'know better'. Don't join the empty chorus, please, yank yourself away from the shameless peddlers of this atrocious fallacy.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by BABEELOVE(f): 3:59am On Sep 07, 2007
Bullshit!!!!!! angry

Gosh!!!! I hate "kparakpoism"!!!!!!! Igbo this, Igbo that!!!!! A beg make una go siddon!!!!
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by grafikdon: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2007
OOOOOOOkay. . .my people let's join hand together to shun the evil spirit of 'Kparakpoism' for this is the moment of truth!!!! And the good book says ''The truth shall set you free!!"

1. Igbos are not united
2. Igbos are fat and ugly simply because they are not united
3. Igbo women have oversized bakassi because they are not united
4. All Igbo men are fat belly-cookie cutter accent-sorry excuse of Nigerian men because of Igbo disunity!
5. Igbo men have bloated testicles because Igbos refused to unite
6. Igbos love money so much, because of lack of unity.
7. Retarded Igbo people won't let the good man Chris Uba be, because they can't support their own! They'd rather vote for Abubacha.
7. Igbos love to suck on their crack pipe just like Militia, simply because they lack unity.

My people, it is the moment of truth. . . we suck!!! If you disagree with me, you need unity in your life, you retards!!!!
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by ebos(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2007
All Igbos in this forum should not join issues with those who have imbibed unnecessary hatred against Igbos.

Listen, no Israelite can win any elections in the midst of Arabs, and the Igbos are like the Israelites surrounded by those who hate them and cannot win any elections in Nigeria. This hatred cannot be explained, just like the Arabs that surrounded Israel. Even if Angel Gabriel is an Igbo man today, Nigerians will prefer to vote a condemned criminal from other tribe – Angel Gabriel cannot win elections in Nigeria if he is an Igbo man.

They say Igbos are not united and cannot produce a consensus candidate. It is unfortunate that some Igbos have believed this nonsense.

In 1999, Obasanjo was not a consensus candidate for the Yorubas but the Northerners picked and supported Obasanjo and rigged the elections in favour of OBJ.

In 2007, Yaradua was not a consensus candidate for the Northerners, but the PDP Government picked and supported Yaradua and rigged the elections in favour of Yaradua.

Meanwhile, when it is the turn of Igbos, Nigerians cannot adopt any candidate from Igbo and support him. It is then they will say that Igbos are not united. They should produce a consensus candidate, knowing fully well that this is a democratic setting and bringing a consensus candidate cannot be possible. So, that story of Igbos not united is not new to us. We understand the game and this evil country will remain cursed until Igbos are recognized.
Re: Igbo Most Marginalised by Orobert: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2007
I think Nigeria is were she is today chiefly because of the inability of our fathers to unite the polity. If our fathers couldn`t, must us their children follow the example. I believe the the problem is not our ethnic differences but our inability to take responsibility.

Before the Maji dynasty, Japan had the problems of regional disperity, they identified their problem and one of the strongest economy.

pls lets just forget about tribe and face the challenge.

God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jos: Nigeria Army, Students In Bloody Clash Killed One / The Fault Lines Within Nigeria / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.