Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,718 members, 7,914,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:06 PM

Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. (685 Views)

Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 / Anambra Election: APC Yet To Submit Name Of Candidate - INEC / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by RiversMirror: 5:29am On Mar 26, 2023
SUBMIT NAME OF LATE APITI OF RUMUEME’S SUCCESSOR IN TWO WEEKS - WIKE.

Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has given the Rumueme community in Obio-Akpor Local Government Area, two weeks to submit to government the name of the successor of the late Apiti of Rumueme, His Royal Majesty, Nyenwe Eli, Omunakwe Nyeche Nsirim.

The governor urged the kingmakers and those entitled to the vacant stool in Rumueme community to ensure a rancour-free selection process.

Governor Wike gave the charge during the funeral service of the late Apiti of Rumueme, His Royal Majesty, Nyenwe Eli, Omunakwe Nyeche Nsirim at St. John’s Anglican Church, Rumueme on Saturday.

He said Rumueme people should be happy that the monarch’s political activism brought the community to political limelight of the State.

“He brought recognition to Rumueme kingdom. Whether you like it or not, he brought you recognition. There was a time in this local government, nobody could talk about Rumueme, even to come out as a councillor was a problem.

“I know when we decided that a Rumueme man should be chairman of local government, it was a problem. But some of us stood firm and said we can’t continue this way. This man has fought, he was one of those who stood firm and fought for the creation of Obio-Akpor local government.

“That was what led to two Rumueme sons becoming chairmen of Obio-Akpor; Dr Amadi and Timothy Nsirim. He was alive when his son because chairman of the local government he fought for.”

Governor Wike, who described the late Nyenwe Eli, Omunakwe Nyeche Nsirim as an ardent defender of Rumueme’s interest, noted that prior his recognition by the Rivers State government as a first class traditional ruler, the community never had even a third class king.

The governor explained that the government decided to honour the Apiti of Rumueme with a state burial in recognition of his immense contributions to the socio-political development of Rivers State.

“Late Nsirim had contributed so much as far as Rivers State is concerned. Late Nsirim had contributed to the political development of this State and persons in this state, one of them is me standing before you. And so, he deserves to have a state burial.”

Governor Wike said the late monarch was a man of strong character and highly opinionated. And because on this, those who were unable to forge intimacy with him had often misconstrued his actions and disposition.

“Strong men are not liked easily, strong characters are not liked easily, those who are not yes members are not liked easily. Those who are highly opinionated, those who can say their mind for what is right are not easily liked, and that is the person you are seeing here.”

In his sermon, the Rector St. John’s Anglican Church, Venerable Gabriel S.B. Omoleye, who preached on the topic; " A time for everything and purpose" admonished the congregation to conduct their life in manners that pleased God.

Venerable Omoleye declared that anyone who is unable to fulfil God’s purpose for his life, will in the end be reckoned as someone who wasted his time here on earth.

Dignitaries present at the funeral service were the governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi; the wife of the Rivers State governor, Hon. Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike, former Rivers State governor, Dr. Peter Odili, his wife, Justice Mary Odili; Rivers State governor-elect, Sir Siminalayi Fubara, his deputy, Prof. Ngozi Odu; former Senate President, senator John Azuta-Mbata.

The Chief Judge of Rivers State, Simeon Chibuzor Amadi; the Speaker, Rivers State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Ikuinyi-Owaji Ibani; National Vice Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) South-south, Chief Dan Orbih; Rivers State chairman of PDP, Ambassador Desmond Akawor; Ikwerre Local Government Chairman, Hon. Samuel Nwanosike; Emohua Chairman, Hon. Chidi LIoyd; Mayor of Port Harcourt City, Hon. Allwell Ihunda; Obio/Akpor Chairman, Hon. George; PDP Chieftain, Chiefs, Elders, among other dignitaries.

https://www.riversmirror.ng/2023/03/submit-name-of-late-king-of-rumuemes.html

Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by OmotolaBoy(m): 5:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Lord Wike The Robbin Hood of our time
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by DonBenny77(m): 5:35am On Mar 26, 2023
Wike's wife is the most clueless first lady.
No impact whatsoever
Moping like a mannequin
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by Boomkalakuta: 5:37am On Mar 26, 2023
DonBenny77:
Wike's wife is the most clueless first lady.
No impact whatsoever
Moping like a mannequin

Please leave the darling wife out of Wike foolishness
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by DonBenny77(m): 5:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

Please leave the darling wife out of Wike foolishness
I know what I'm saying she's from my lga awelga.
No impactation no empowerment.
Zero.
We cant say the same for Mary Odili who empowered a lot, through schemes like the adolescent project TAP, family support program, taxi for women, amongst others.
This one no be like person wey dey educated sef.
Even in her village odiokwu, she no get capacity.
I guess she belongs to the kitchen and other room.
Only to kiss wike 40 yrs old smelling kai kai mouth she sabi
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by Nuhskhut: 6:07am On Mar 26, 2023
That is a great honour on the monarch.
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by chrisxxx(m): 6:20am On Mar 26, 2023
DonBenny77:

I know what I'm saying she's from my lga awelga.
No impactation no empowerment.
Zero.
We cant say the same for Mary Odili who empowered a lot, through schemes like the adolescent project TAP, family support program, taxi for women, amongst others.
This one no be like person wey dey educated sef.
Even in her village odiokwu, she no get capacity.
I guess she belongs to the kitchen and other room.
Only to kiss wike 40 yrs old smelling kai kai mouth she sabi
Leave someone's wife out of public obloquy. Everyone has their focus. Talk to your in-law Wike.
Re: Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. by olasaad(f): 7:24am On Mar 26, 2023
SUBMIT NAME OF LATE APITI OF RUMUEME’S SUCCESSOR IN TWO WEEKS - WIKE.

That is good. At least it will not take them like forever like Oyo and Ogbomosho people.

(1) (Reply)

How Peter Obi Was Setup By Saboteurs, Conspirators In Government / See What Happened Moments Atiku Arrives Abuja First Time After Losing (VIDEO) / Inaugural Dance. President Bola Tinubu Dances With The First Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.