Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,153 members, 7,977,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:15 AM

Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election (37931 Views)

Edodecides2024: INEC Uploads 90.33% Of Results On IREV / Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by gawu1: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Just tell them what they want to hear, they will be happy, say what they don't want to hear, they will start talking about proofs.
That is definition of the Lunatics party supporters dominated by ipob terrorist mobs.
Just because that guy call Charles Anazodo advocated on his Twitter page for calm now that election is over and we have someone declared as winner; can't believe the kind of insults those children of hates threw at that gentle guy. They used all sorts of unprintable names, character assassination, abuses, and blackmail against him. Most of them even used life threatening words.
But like how the guy ignored the pigs with no reply. grin
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by broadman20: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U Eluu P supporters are d ones who always ask for evidence but u never have evidence for ur own claims, this Iamè attitude of turning tables that u people have don't work with me ok

Still hiding the evidence why?
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
SlayQueenSlayer:

In this, the party that declared as winner is also claiming that the elections were rigged.
U didn't answer my question.
The winner in Kenya election said election was rîggèd against them too.
Same as d losers.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
udeh3:

And that was how he won the major places, including Lagos and Abuja... It took APC over 10yrs to get upto 6m with plenty merger.
With less money, Obi surpassed it with a party he joined less than a year or thereabout. If you see a genius raising standards, celebrate him
No place is major when it comes to election.
National spread is d target.
Obi stólè PDP's followers, that's just a fact, u can sûck on ur loss, in another 20 years Obi still wón't be prèsîdéñt of Nîgerià no matter d nóísé he makes in LP.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
gawu1:

That is definition of the Lunatics party supporters dominated by ipob terrorist mobs.
Just because that guy call Charles Anazodo advocated on his Twitter page for calm now that election is over and we have someone declared as winner; can't believe the kind of insults those children of hates threw at that gentle guy. They used all sorts of unprintable names, character assassination, abuses, and blackmail against him. Most of them even used life threatening words.
But like how the guy ignored the pigs with no reply. grin
These móbs are d ones who fèél they are intelligent, that's the problem, the agbero at d park is more cultured than the avèràge Obident but they think they are intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by 2elliot: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Okealaaye:
There's no rule or law anywhere that disallows anyone from delighting himself in delusion of grandeur or finding the occasion to relieve himself of pent-up bitterness and anger.
Throughout human existence, your likes have dotted history, but despite your wickedness and bloated egos, time and life still reduced them to dust. Yours won't be any different.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Gbogbowa: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
JoshTim:

Bursted!!!!
Samples have already been determined apriori, so claims that you used a random sample is a lie, you know that.

If you understand statistics so well as you claimed, you will understand that what you just generated is an estimate not the accurate figure.

It's also important to get a representative sample rather than get a sample that is skewed so that your analysis can follow a normal distribution. Else, what you just generated will have standard deviation greater than zero, skewness greater than zero, and kurtosis less than 3 or greater than 3.

I will like to ask the confidence interval for this your result?

What is the standard error?

It is an estimate and we cannot say for sure how accurate your estimate is. I believe your data is skewed to places where peter obi got majority of his votes.
pls can you do your own and get back to us, jos, nasarawa, lagos, river and akwa ibom
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by dapadawee: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:

Bring out your evidence. Do your work.
Where is your own evidence or anything that is appealing to you is a good evidence like this rubbish this sticktician posted. I thought you know statistics
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Gbogbowa: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U all ovèrràté Obi too much.
What APC and PDP's votes that were supressed in South East and added to Obi?
Should we talk about that?
kindly bring out the proof dont just talk, if Obi can win Tinubu handsdown because of majority igbo vote what do you expect in SE
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Gbogbowa: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Most of u think like illiterates ... who in his right senses will vote APC in SE ?? You really don't understand the igbos .... I am even surprised that APC got a few votes... go check out what happened to Andy Uba in the last gubernatorial elections in Anambra... the supreme court governor finished 4th in the last gubernatorial elections in imo ... if APC gets 15% on any SE state, then APC rigged to get the best they cud hv rigged ... SE are people that make their own decisions, they don't support evil , u can't convince them to do the wrong thing like what's happening in SW .... SW were just voting based on tribe disregarding voting the bad one , as long as he's SW ... if Osibanjo contested under LP and okorocha was APCs presidential flag bearer , the result will still not change... igbos are the only ones that don't vote based on tribe , they vote based on credibility...
wa sere paddi mi
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
Gbogbowa:
kindly bring out the proof dont just talk, if Obi can win Tinubu handsdown because of majority igbo vote what do you expect in SE
U should bring proof to back the claim that I replied with the comment u are quoting.
When it favors u, there is no need for proof, when it doesn't, u talk about proof.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by sheriffindy(m): 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Oga ..just do your own calculations

It's very Simple
JoshTim:

Bro, i am telling you what you did is a lie. It's quite sad to realise you lie as pertaining to selecting the samples randomly using Microsoft excel...such pettiness, i don't tolerate.

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Shancca: 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Recall I had performed an analysis of the presidential results on the IREV portal and came to the conclusion that APC won based on the results on IREV. See link to the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples

However I noticed some discrepancies in the result for Rivers State and decided to probe further. Again I used simple random sampling and multistage sampling to ensure that every polling unit had equal chance of being selected. I used a sample size of 198. I got the sample size using the formula:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

And where z is the z-score which is 1.96 for a 95% confidence level
p is the population proportion of those who voted in Rivers State which is 15.6%
e is the margin of error which we take as 5%
N is the population size (total number of polling units in Rivers State) which is 6866.

The result is mind boggling.

RESULT
So after collating the results sheets from randomly selected 198 polling units, APC got a total of 4637 votes, LP got 8129 votes, NNPP got 47 votes and PDP got 3578 votes. So LP (and not APC as we were meant to believe) got the majority of votes followed by APC, then PDP and finally NNPP. Infact LP got more than 50% of the vote such that if you combine APC and PDP votes its still less than LP’s votes. This corroborates Peter Obi claim that he got 50% of the votes in Rivers State.

This means LP won more than 12 States (13 States or perhaps more) and APC won less than 12 States (11 States or perhaps less). With this result, I begin to wonder if there are other States with this kind of glaring discrepancies.

Caveat:
Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.

Great!
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by jamjo: 12:49am On Mar 31, 2023
JoshTim:

Bursted!!!!
Samples have already been determined apriori, so claims that you used a random sample is a lie, you know that.

If you understand statistics so well as you claimed, you will understand that what you just generated is an estimate not the accurate figure.

It's also important to get a representative sample rather than get a sample that is skewed so that your analysis can follow a normal distribution. Else, what you just generated will have standard deviation greater than zero, skewness greater than zero, and kurtosis less than 3 or greater than 3.

I will like to ask the confidence interval for this your result?

The River state as INEC upload in the IREV please watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibk3mo_pgyY

What is the standard error?

It is an estimate and we cannot say for sure how accurate your estimate is. I believe your data is skewed to places where peter obi got majority of his votes.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:49am On Mar 31, 2023
JoshTim:

Oh boy, you have to admit it that the samples you used are skewed to favour Obi. If e sure for you, use another sample set and run the test, result will shock you your self.

If i begin to analyse your results and methods, you will be amased by the standard error in your result. Come alive, stop sleeping.
and in narrow mind Rivers state predominately by igbo voted druggie against their own.. ask urs why he didn't win lagos his own state and abj
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by ozo13(m): 12:50am On Mar 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Recall I had performed an analysis of the presidential results on the IREV portal and came to the conclusion that APC won based on the results on IREV. See link to the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples

However I noticed some discrepancies in the result for Rivers State and decided to probe further. Again I used simple random sampling and multistage sampling to ensure that every polling unit had equal chance of being selected. I used a sample size of 198. I got the sample size using the formula:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

p is the population proportion of those who voted in Rivers State which is 15.6%
N is the population size (total number of polling units in Rivers State) which is 6866.

RESULT
So after collating the results sheets from randomly selected 198 polling units, APC got a total of 4637 votes, LP got 8129 votes, NNPP got 47 votes and PDP got 3578 votes. So LP (and not APC as we were meant to believe) got the majority of votes followed by APC, then PDP and finally NNPP. Infact LP got more than 50% of the vote such that if you combine APC and PDP votes its still less than LP’s votes. This corroborates Peter Obi claim that he got 50% of the votes in Rivers State.

This means LP won more than 12 States (13 States or perhaps more) and APC won less than 12 States (11 States or perhaps less). With this result, I begin to wonder if there are other States with this kind of glaring discrepancies.

Caveat:
Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.
thank God you are doing all this.The last time I checked before this ur very post again was the one u posted for the whole presidential election using same statistical method if am not mistaking.
Let's see if Obidients will believe the other one too or they will just believe this one and jettison the other one u made because only this one favor Obi where as the other one favored Tinubu
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by poseidon12: 1:22am On Mar 31, 2023
If you want to be taken seriously, you should use genuine results from the polling units, not the APC/INEC doctored results.

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by ozo13(m): 1:58am On Mar 31, 2023
broadman20:

Still hiding the evidence why?
check this out too by same guy and tell us what u can say abt the overall result
https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Jeffy1206(m): 2:52am On Mar 31, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

they simply gave a block votes to their choice. The SE has always been like that. You people are talking like this now cos Obi happen to be from there. 😡 Check voting pattern of the Easterners in the past then come and correct yourself... In SE, old people were taught how to vote and they voted for whom they want! But your oga na to rig for am they sabi 😎. Nb they also suppress votes in the east for LP cos most pu, inec refused to show up or they went so late they instead of 10,000 people to vote, only 100 people voted 🤔 we know the tact of apc in this rigging of election so just quite! 😕
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Jeffy1206(m): 2:54am On Mar 31, 2023
ozo13:
thank God you are doing all this.The last time I checked before this ur very post again was the one u posted for the whole presidential election using same statistical method if am not mistaking.
Let's see if Obidients will believe the other one too or they will just believe this one and jettison the other one u made because only this one favor Obi where as the other one favored Tinubu
unfortunately he only corrected himself with this one cos he probably might be wrong...
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Bigkoko: 3:25am On Mar 31, 2023
This is the reason why a CJN has to disguise as a cripple to sneak in on a meeting with a mandate thief!!!!!! The certificate of return will be return to Peter Obi & Datti........

Good news is that the fall of tinubu also took a lot of people down......they don dey chop visa restriction!

Obinoscopy:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

RESULT

Caveat:
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by ivolt: 3:34am On Mar 31, 2023
benjaminlawson:

That irregularities is what he is fighting for, this is an intensional irregularities and manipulation. All those people that cause the irregularities must be sacked and prosecuted including the chairman, how can you spend about 400 billion naira on something and come and tell Nigeria that you failed, is the person that appointed you use there own money to pay you, or collective tax payers money, until all those that compromised our electoral system are sacked and prosecuted, Nigeria will continue to make noise and demand for justice.
There are always irregularities in every country's election.
Remember Trump's "stolen votes" that he was harping about in 202?
The question is whether rectifying, adding and subtracting the numbers will
change the outcome.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by OfoIgbo: 3:42am On Mar 31, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Yes, you should talk about that.

And send the evidence to the tribunal.
Show how LP governors of the SE rigged for Peter Obi
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2023
2elliot:
Throughout human existence, your likes have dotted history, but despite your wickedness and bloated egos, time and life still reduced them to dust. Yours won't be any different.

It shall be unto you as you desire for me, Amen.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:55am On Mar 31, 2023
Felabrity:
yes, regional party that won atleast a state in over 4 zones

Continue living in delusion
u are not bright PDP remain the main opposition..
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by NapoleonHill: 7:03am On Mar 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
I've done mine. And I'm 95% confident. Meaning if you repeat this research 100 times, you will get something similar to my result 95 times. Scientist like Carl Friedrich Gauss have demonstrated this already. But if you are still in doubt, perhaps you can do yours and tell me what you got.

There are over 5000PUs in Rivers which mean you did 3.5% of the result. How can you be 95% sure of a result by inference using 3.5% sample size.

This is especially when we have the actual results.

You cannot call figures that way and say you're 95% sure. Stop misleading people.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by NapoleonHill: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2023
JoshTim:

Oh boy, you have to admit it that the samples you used are skewed to favour Obi. If e sure for you, use another sample set and run the test, result will shock you your self.

If i begin to analyse your results and methods, you will be amased by the standard error in your result. Come alive, stop sleeping.

His sample size is 3.5% of the entire actually result. Maybe this guy is a 100L stat student.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Obinoscopy(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2023
NapoleonHill:

There are over 5000PUs in Rivers which mean you did 3.5% of the result. How can you be 95% sure of a result by inference using 3.5% sample size.

This is especially when we have the actual results.

You cannot call figures that way and say you're 95% sure. Stop misleading people.
The most critical part in sampling is in ensuring the sample was randomly selected. A properly randomized sample with the right research methodology will give a 95% confident result if a margin of error of 5% and a z-score of 1.96 is used. And this applies to all kinds of population distribution, be it gaussian (normal distribution) or binomial distribution or poison distribution, etc. I didn’t just conjure up that sample size, I calculatedit using a sample size formula. I recommend you read random sampling and central limit theorem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by VOR2019: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Hey Oga, know that you can use Statistics to get any result you want. Nothing new here, just an academic exercise .quote author=Obinoscopy post=122175821]Recall I had performed an analysis of the presidential results on the IREV portal and came to the conclusion that APC won based on the results on IREV. See link to the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

RESULT

Caveat:
Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.[/quote]Hey Oga, know that you can use Statistics to get any result you want. Nothing new here, just an academic exercise.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by sangresan(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

RESULT

Caveat:

You started well but ended on a wrong note. The whole world knew that Labour Party won the Presidential Election in Rivers State. But it doesn't mean that he won Osun or Kano State. If you give Obi 100% of Rivers State votes, it still won't take him anywhere.

So, you're just trying to fool your fellow Obiodense when you claimed that Obi could have won in other places except Rivers.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Idris Wada Holding His Governorship Certificate Upside Down / Parents Storm Schools In Edo To Resist Alleged Immunization By Army(pics) / Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.