Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,693 members, 7,965,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:22 PM

Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? (14858 Views)

Why Are All The Good Men Taken? / Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Fokativ: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
No, I'm available at least grin grin grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
@OP Good Men are only as Good as their Mama moulded them grin better watch out for Good Mothers who have male children. that is a good place to start
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn
You don't need to put me on a long thing before another girl snatch this good guy away from u cos no time, with the way u sound u really deserve Tosinville.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
I really feel hurt because so many people think its been choosey. While with my first love, I had this toaster who owned a petrol station tripping. Whenever I was in the supermarket, there he was also coming to do his shopping. But I never cheated because my boyfriend had done nothing to me and my conscience wouldn't allow that. I even sometimes feel if I had gone out with that guy, I would have been settled now. Instead, I went out with a corper who ended up dumping me cause he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Though he acknowledged I didn't wrong him in any way!!
Was I been choosey?

With my ex, there was also this toaster who was tripping. I didn't even like him because he was always talking about his cars and his travels and his investments. I preferred my simple ex, till he got the multinational and became a monster!

Right from school, when my mates where buying cloths, I bought shares. Even though they are virtually worthless now, I have always been of the habit of having my own and being content with what I have.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^
@Tosinville
grin grin grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Nayah
I truly do not believe that.
My ex's girlfriend got pregnant for another dude after 8 years of dating. They broke up and we met and it was all good. Then when he got the job and became rich, he proceeded to visit all her sins on my head. You can't change a person. Only God can and that is if the man is of the will to change.
His mum was pushing for me to hurry up with school and get married. I didnt know they wanted us to get hooked before his real character will be shown!

@ all
If I was after money, I would be chilling in the golden cage my ex built. Because, in spite of his abusiveness, he was obsessed with me. Just that I couldn't go ahead with him.

So as you can see, a good character and a bright future speaketh more. Even if its a small house we have, we'll decorate it attractively and keep it neat.
I was watching medium TV's before flat screen came out, so if I don't have a flat screen now, will it kill me? If my man doesn't have a car now, don't I have two legs abi did walking ever kill anyone??

SMH
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
obo_man:

If you want a good man, be good yourself. Good has ways of identifying another Good.

Word!

Poster, you are generally what you attract.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by mashnino(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
i think some men actually need there women to be good too, you can alwais get the best out of a man if you know what to do. don't ask me what you can do because everybody has his/her own criteria and definition for a good man, so ll you have to do is pray to meet the right person. i believe there are more good men than bad men, its just finding the right person to suit ya criteria
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by KGNAIRA: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
Ops

You sound every inch like a very good girl. But remember why good character is important to a man, good looks also plays an important role. If you cannot put up your picture (which is understanding) , you may want to give a brief discription of your looks. Height, figure, complexion etc.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ op
can you add value to a guys life ?
can value be added to you cos some ladies i have seen are neither raw materials or finished products.
seriously good guys are everywhere but some are scared by utterances and crazy make-ups that lacks any atom of decency
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn
I understand dear and everyone's journey in life are different, we all have our own appointed time when to be in a relationship, get a good guy, marry, even to die etc so don't make it seems as if its all your fault, we're just a human, no one is perfect in every ways, all you need to do is to amend your CONS in a relationship for you to get the good guy destinied for you.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by dipo1: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
Interesting discourse.

There are actually thousands of good guys out there available for the OP to choose from, but i think many of our ladies don't recognise a good guy when they meet one. And whats more annoying is some ladies abuse the care they get from the good guy so bad that the guy's care wanes and he wants a revenge if he eventually gets her.
There are several good guys but u need to be a good person to get the best out of any guy, and you should be sure it is someone who loves you. That's the part nobody can help u with, u have to figure urself. Everyone has his own short-comings but we very well can control them if we have people who treat us fair.
Its not always going to be rosy so its OK to get a heartbreak but its not unheard of for ladies to find a first love who they eventually end up with. I have certain ladies who turned me down when I was asking them out but now they would give a ear to be with me. Don't make a good guy suffer so much if you know you feel anytin for him.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2011
My sister just open your eyes sometimes the "good" one is very close to us, but I really think you are a realistic person ambitious but realistic too , the Prince will come don't worry  smiley

Lashawn, I can understand but this is your experience, you see I've seen couple examples that illustrates what I said but yes it depends on what you experience, but as for me the notion of "good men" is relative because the ideal doesn't not exist, this is a personal creation, yes some people can have the same expectations but the idea of absolute ideal is a utopia

When you love someone and that person gives this love in return you can de her ideal and he can be your ideal
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2011
Being the good guy will either get you extreme reward with a faithful and loving partner, or extreme heart-break and emotional torture with a heartless babe.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by kingjoe(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ lashawn.
pls send ur email . i will like to know u u sound intellligent and real
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by iv4real(f): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ poster don't feel bad, there is nothing wrong in wanting a good man. People here can call u anything they like but d most important thing is dat you knw yourself and the kind of person you are. There is time for everything in life and when its your time you will meet a good man. You said u don't have an outrageous list when it comes to your choice for a man, so u don't have to worry yourself. Don't settle for what you are not comfortable with and do not become what you are not to please people. For now enjoy being single and keep an open mind because the more you dwell on it you will become desperate. There are still good men in Nigeria.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
@all

Thank you. . .I'll be optimistic.

But I don't agree with the school of thought that says you are what you attract. Bad things happen to good people all the time and it's called life. The kids who are abused by pedophiles did not attract the evil. They were unlucky enough to be victims, is all!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn
hit me up on Tosinvilleworld YIM lets talk more as friend if you don't mind, dearie.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

una no go kill person,

the heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it,

so when searching for a good man put that at the back of your mind,

from your posts so far, i can say u are a principled lady,  and thats good, but you must understand that falling in love takes emotions
and staying in love needs wisdom,

i believe you will find the right guy that will truely love you, but then remember what i said about the heart of man,
even the good man you seek might still have his own flaws that another lady wont be able to take,
so, just be real and keep looking, he is out there somewhere, but i must advice u to keep an open mind, do not write of anyone
untill you have enough reason to do so,
some men are diamond in the rough,
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn:

I really feel hurt because so many people think its been choosey. While with my first love, I had this toaster who owned a petrol station tripping. Whenever I was in the supermarket, there he was also coming to do his shopping. But I never cheated because my boyfriend had done nothing to me and my conscience wouldn't allow that. I even sometimes feel if I had gone out with that guy, I would have been settled now. Instead, I went out with a corper who ended up dumping me cause he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Though he acknowledged I didn't wrong him in any way!!
Was I been choosey?

With my ex, there was also this toaster who was tripping. I didn't even like him because he was always talking about his cars and his travels and his investments. I preferred my simple ex, till he got the multinational and became a monster!

Right from school, when my mates where buying cloths, I bought shares. Even though they are virtually worthless now, I have always been of the habit of having my own and being content with what I have.
if what u are saying is true then believe me a good man will come your way very soon but then i find it hard to believe that a naija babe brought up and raised in naija wouldnt hassle  a guy for money.Most naija babes only date men for money and this is one reason i am through with naija babes grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Beync(f): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Poster, i get how you feel, it might not be any fault of yours. In life some peeps are furunate even the so called bad ones can be so futunate to get their want in life without delay.  You can see some girls with bad character but they easily marry, both the bad and the good can be furtunate or the other way. I hav seen some good girls who suffer in the hands of bad guys and some good guys who suffer in the hands of bad girls, it can be so hurt especially when you hav done no wrong to deserv what you are passing thru, bad past relationship can mould one into becomin sceptical or doubtful about what the next person is up to. However, There is noting God cannot do if you ask him. Continue to be urselve and belivin a  man who truely loves you and want you will come you way.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by tellwisdom: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn, I can say Xmes-6 OF WAT YOU JUST SAID, even in a well organized and excellent way and make you believe me. Them tell u say na OSHOGBO i come from?? Tell us the ones wey u don chop, his bread and beans u ate, his Bike fare, the airtime he's been sending you etc angry angry

Easier said than done cheesy cheesy
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by DaDoctor: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
AT OLD AGE LADIES START LOOKING FOR GOOD GUYS AND MARRIAGE. HAVEN ENTERED THEIR MENOPAUSE STAGE.

WHO GO EAT RUBBISH WEY REMAIN FOR MOST OF UNA BODY.?

@OP. HAD U SAID U WANT ANY GUY, NO MATTER HIS STATUS SO LONG AS HE IS GOOD. THEN U WOULD HAVE BEEN OFF MY HOOK. BUT,,, MY VERDICT IS THIS; YOU SPENT YOUR YOUTHFUL AGE ANY HOW, NOW U WANT TO ETA YOUR CAKA AND HAVE IT? MBA NU. ADIGHI EME YA EME
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by liberty27(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2011
@LeShawn: There are definitely good guys, u may see a part of him that u'll need to grow as desired. Good enough guys sure exist.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by tunpiker: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
no good man in this wild world either married, single or gaay. they are all animal
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by tellwisdom: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2011
[size=27pt]DA DOCTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by olajide8(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
of all the post i have been reading on this topic i guess the most honest of them all is silica the rest just want a ride or better still they just want to make comments thats how you find a good man but he is already taken so look at the qualities in his writing and you would find someone like that in reality i guess we guys also are looking for the good girls but can identify the one that is hiding behind a smoke screen you sound like
/////// but lets leave that and focus on this i know so many still have alot to offer as advice for and against so i rest my case
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Walala(m): 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
mashnino:

they are all around, check well you will see them and you said you ve toasters chek dem too na, but bera b fast with gettin a man cos very soon with the way the world population is goin it will be 1man to 50 ladies,

Oh my, I cant wait till its 1 man to 50 ladies, buffet time, grin grin grin grin. All you can eat!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by zinosleek(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
women only see how good a man is when he is with another woman
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^ lool grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
Thanx at everyone who has sent me a word of advice, caution and encouragement. You are been too kind (including a certain someone moderating the phone section).

Tosin, maybe one of these days, we'll chat. I have some things doing at the moment. I can just peep in here and go back to what it is I'm doing.

Tellwisdom, what you believe doesn't define who I am. Believe whatever you like. If it's so hard for you to believe that there are girls not interested in the depth of your pockets, then good for you. That's the world you are probably used to.

I honestly feel better!!!
smiley smiley
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things You Will Say/have Said Just To Get Into Someone's Pants / Whatsapp S*x Group / Funny And Suprising Things Girls Like About Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.