Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,166 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack (5575 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / Lai Mohammed Enjoys Push-Up Exercise With Army Officers (Photos) / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by chxe: 1:39am On Sep 21, 2011
Following intelligence report that the Islamic sect,  Boko Haram, had concluded plans to bomb some states in the Niger Delta, South-East and South-West geo-political zones, militants in the Niger Delta, have volunteered to team up  with the security agencies, especially the armed forces to repel the rebellious group.

Spokesman of the militants under the aegis of Niger Delta Liberation Force, NDLF, “Captain” Mark Anthony, in a statement, Tuesday, said the Israeli forces contracted by the government cannot provide adequate security.

He volunteered special security services for President Goodluck Jonathan and members of his immediate family because of the precarious security situation in the country.

The group which warned Boko Haram members  to steer clear of Niger-Delta said: “If they ignore this warning, the counter reaction will be disastrous.

“We offer on behalf of the good people of Niger Delta and Nigerians  to partner with the security forces, especially the army to give voluntary security services to President Jonathan and his immediate family over the precarious security situation created by the Islamic sect whose suicide bombings in Abuja and other cities in the country had created total insecurity.”

“This call for partnership becomes expedient, especially with the porous security network and backstabbing at high security quarters, which gave the feeling that the life of the President and his immediate family members is at risk,” the statement added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/ndelta-militants-to-cooperate-with-army-to-repel-boko-haram-attack
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by randowang(m): 3:33am On Sep 21, 2011
Mining equipments technical solution, CE&ISO authorized, http://www.joyalcrusher.com, your best choice.

Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by eunisam: 3:59am On Sep 21, 2011
are they searching for employment??

Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by MP007(m): 4:59am On Sep 21, 2011
Interesting development. Naija will seize to exist if Boko slowpoke blows up major institutions in the south.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by ossaisly(m): 5:32am On Sep 21, 2011
A forsee an action film. So who go b actor or boss?
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:52am On Sep 21, 2011
Millitants to help Meaning
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by itiswell1(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2011
Cikvil war in the making
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by mulumele(m): 6:39am On Sep 21, 2011
This is interesting; let's scrap the Nigerian Police Force and replace them with MEND,OPC,MASSOB,
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by jamace(m): 7:00am On Sep 21, 2011
This is interesting; let's scrap the Nigerian Police Force and replace them with MEND,OPC,MASSOB,

As National Vigilante Force or what?
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by OmoTier1(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2011
Guess they will also allow OPC to work with the Navy to clear all the ND sea criminals in the Atlantic shipping routes they use for oil bunkering!

If this story is true, then expect more groups like boko haram to spring up in Nigeria!
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by chakula: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2011
What a weak Government that can't do on it's own? Lets wait and see the result coming out.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Judek2(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

Millitants to help Meaning
U expect dem to stand and stare huh?.Dey r Rebelious force 4 all i care.Since d police force r stagnant,more forces r needed.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by kukulaja: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2011
would some patriotic nigerians show this boko wetincall the way to the national assembly and where those rogues resides, and let peace be for common man.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by obailala(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2011
Nigeria is truly coming to an end. I forsee a major civil war in which d south tries to annihilate d north and d north will reciprocate d gesture. God help Nigeria!!! cry cry
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by nagoma(m): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2011
One illegal organization to help government fight another illegal organization with the help of a controversial foreign country. Fresh air around the corner ,
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2011
between boko and mend, i dont know who makes the loudest noise
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by wilxz(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2011
All these noise makers looking for attention from the government and front page of the newspaper.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by RickyRoss1(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2011
NIGERIA WILL END ON OR BEFORE THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION. ITS TIME FOR EFRIBODY TO ANSA THEIR PAPA NAME. LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES, THIS UNION CANNOT WORK, AND TRIBALISM IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY NIGERIA IS SO BACKWARD.

MY FEAR AND REGRET IS THAT MANY IGBO SONS AND DAUGHTERS WILL LOOSE TRILLIONS OF THEIR INVESTMENTS IN MANY PARTS OF NIGERIA, PLS IF U BE IGBO MAN STOP DEVELOPING OTHER STATES, LET EVERYONE DEVELOP THEIR OWN CITY, THE PROBLEM BE SAY UNA NO GO HEAR, SO NO NEED TO ADVISE ANYBODY ANYMORE, U HAVE BEEN WARNED AGES AGO TO STOP GOING TO THE NORTH OR EVEN INVESTING THERE, YET THOUSANDS STILL LIVE AND WORK THERE, LAST TIME ON NTA SOME IGBO GUYS WERE BEGGING PEOPLE TO BUY THEIR HOUSE IN MAKURDI FOR 5 MILLION NAIRA, THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THE HOUSE IS ABOUT 15 MILLA BUT NOBODY IS BUYING HOUSES THERE BC OF BOKO HARAM, EVEN THE CITIZENS OF THE STATE ARE RELOCATING, I BE PROUD IGBO, BUT THE WAY MY PEOPLE DEY BEHAVE SOMETIMES BAFFLES ME,
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by chakula: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
nagoma:

One illegal organization to help government fight another illegal organization with the help of a controversial foreign country. Fresh air around the corner ,

Laugh upon laugh angry
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Ben13: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
lol Fresh air!!! cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by badmrkt(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
, and then NIGERIA will be history, but i think this may bring these fools known as BOKO HARAM to an abrupt end.NDMs i dey ur sde.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
NIGERIA WILL END ON OR BEFORE THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION. ITS TIME FOR EFRIBODY TO ANSA THEIR PAPA NAME. LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES, THIS UNION CANNOT WORK, AND TRIBALISM IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY NIGERIA IS SO BACKWARD.

MY FEAR AND REGRET IS THAT MANY IGBO SONS AND DAUGHTERS WILL LOOSE TRILLIONS OF THEIR INVESTMENTS IN MANY PARTS OF NIGERIA,  PLS IF U BE IGBO MAN STOP DEVELOPING OTHER STATES, LET EVERYONE DEVELOP THEIR OWN CITY,  THE PROBLEM BE SAY UNA NO GO HEAR, SO NO NEED TO ADVISE ANYBODY ANYMORE,  U HAVE BEEN WARNED AGES AGO TO STOP GOING TO THE NORTH OR EVEN INVESTING THERE, YET THOUSANDS STILL LIVE AND WORK THERE,  LAST TIME ON NTA SOME IGBO GUYS WERE BEGGING PEOPLE TO BUY THEIR HOUSE IN MAKURDI FOR 5 MILLION NAIRA, THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THE HOUSE IS ABOUT 15 MILLA BUT NOBODY IS BUYING HOUSES THERE BC OF BOKO HARAM, EVEN THE CITIZENS OF THE STATE ARE RELOCATING,  I BE PROUD IGBO, BUT THE WAY MY PEOPLE DEY BEHAVE SOMETIMES BAFFLES ME,

@Ricky Ross
The last time i checked, Makurdi and indeed Benue State at large, is predominantly a christian state. Why then, should anybody sell his house and flee, especially when such a person is a christian as your statement seem to suggest? , Just curious.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by pnb2t: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
I shall be peace in this nation, yes peace
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by cryingbaby: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
Hmmmmm wetin be that your name yahoo boy abi ritual or cult king developing which state if not for fake things and prostitutes wey igbo get and thank God in Aboard if Nigeria is divided we go see who dey go Italy,Ghana,south Africa,uk,usa in the name of nigeria with bad intention drugs, wooooooow clean your ass before you talk.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by ChinenyeN(m): 1:08am On Sep 22, 2011
If Boko Harem will seriously take it's time to come down south for no apparent reason, then we have a real problem.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by udezue(m): 3:17am On Sep 22, 2011
RickRoss, the stup!dity of our Igbo ppl is amazing.
Re: Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack by Judek2(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2011
udezue:

The stup!dity of our Igbo ppl is amazing.

Thats rather abusive,Igbo people are not stup!d,

(1) (Reply)

Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall / ACN Asks National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan / Obasanjo's Power Plants, Wasteful - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.