Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,336 members, 7,888,073 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:44 PM

I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal (33003 Views)

Breaking News Update On Chicago State Case Tinubu / Daily Loud Reports Tinubu's US Drug Case / Uber Facts Posts Bola Tinubu's US Drug Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by ursullalinda(f): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:

It's obvious you've not been updated.

Just Ignore that human being
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by DOptical: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2023
Eniitankorede:

I am far more intelligent than you and have accomplished a lot intellectually. I am telling you again, whatever name you call the money in his account, it was not drug related money. He paid tax on legitimate money in his account, full stop. If it was confirmed as drug money, then no Tinubu would have been tried for aiding drug barons. That’s a criminal offence.

You should be ashamed of yourself and your parents who bred such an unintelligible being. I even gave you an example yet your brain couldn't decipher anything. HSBC had exact same thing as Tinubu's compass investment company. The same forfeiture too. It was a civil case. They'ree still operating in USA today. Go and learn about civil case first or shut that hole you call brain.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by BERNIMOORE: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2023
You're not a party, Yet you're a defendant to the plaintiff and the plaintiff get a forfeiture judgement against you and you accepted YET YOU'RE NOT A PARTY TO THE CASE....You must think that we are joking here Mr bola Tinubu

USA Court of ILLiNOIS DISTRICT
Vs
Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Reelmii: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2023
If truly tinubu was involved un drugs and he knew it was going to be used against him if he decides to contest for presidency, i dont think he could have contested in the first place,, he would rather have support another candidate like he did with buhari

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Emma513: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:
All those of you shouting up and down that Tinubu was convicted of drug trafficking in the USA should just keep their mouth shut from henceforth. He has now clarified that he wasn't a party in that drug trafficking case. It was his money that was convicted and not him in person.
So, please mind your business and stay on your lane.
Stop embarrassing our president elect with unfounded lies manufactured from the pit of hell.
STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF. TINUBU IS A DRUG LORD. IF TRUELY HE IS NOT. MAY GOD BLESS YOU. BUT IF TRUELY HE IS A DRUG DEALER. MAY BAD LUCK VISIT YOU THIS YEAR. NOW SAY AMEN
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by alamoht(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:
All those of you shouting up and down that Tinubu was convicted of drug trafficking in the USA should just keep their mouth shut from henceforth. He has now clarified that he wasn't a party in that drug trafficking case. It was his money that was convicted and not him in person.
Stop embarrassing our president elect with unfounded lies manufactured from the pit of hell.

You’re embarrassing yourself the more.
Una go hear 👂 soon
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by almayda: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2023
It is possible to not get convicted no matter how minimal the term is with this level of involment?
Racoon:
shocked You accounts were the conduit pipes of a Chicago heroin drug gang running while your name was mentioned all over the case. Your co-drug baron were indicted and convicted.Yet you are saying you were not a party to this criminality. A friend to a criminal is also a criminal.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by NovusHomo(m): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2023
Ohislee:
As an Obidient, I believe in honesty and truth. So, I believe Tinubu to an extent.

Tinubu said he wasn't involved in drug dealing.
However, I doubt he is not aware where the money came from. Which make him equally culpable. Or, how did he come about having 1.8million dollars in his bank account. What was his job, what was his businesses?

My guess is, Tinubu must have been on top of the food chain for initial suspects in the drug case not have mentioned his name. You know, drug dealers go to any length to eliminate snitches. The US government must have also been waiting for more evidence and witnesses to nail him, which they obviously didn't get.

In this election petition tribunal, Tinubu might as well get off the hook like in previous court cases.

Are you a drug baron? You seem to know a lot about the trade.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by alamoht(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2023
smokinloud:

You are a fool. He just told the court he's not involved!.
Compass investment was registered in the US as an investment company and anybody can invest his/her money in his company, drug dealers invested their money, they had issues with the government and got their money forfeited.
It was the money in his account that was convicted and not himself!.

Nigerians can defend foolishness
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Lighthouseman: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Guns don’t kill people. People kill people. Drugs don’t fund themselves. People fund them.
I don’t know who wrote this watery response though but what we were thought in school was that you are liable to your account even to your heir.
He agreed to the drugs scheme but is challenging the court’s jurisdiction to try him since he committed the crime in USA. Meaning he ran to Nigeria for asylum.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by maasoap(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2023
Racoon:
shocked You accounts were the conduit pipes of a Chicago heroin drug gang running while your name was mentioned all over the case. Your co-drug baron were indicted and convicted.Yet you are saying you were not a party to this criminality. A friend to a criminal is also a criminal .

Is that one of the Okafor's laws? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by maasoap(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you being sarcastic or you're serious?

Go to court if you are not satisfied
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Shattuck(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
Eniitankorede:

Tax money was taken from his account, not drug money. That’s why it is a civil case. No case involving drug money is treated in civil case. It is a criminal case when drugs are involved.
lol@ tax money no be only tax money, nah tithe money, tinubu was a drug dealer, there are so many ways to avoid going to jail for offenses in the US a plea bargain, or maybe he snitched on his other drug dealing colleagues.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by ukaface(f): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
divinehand2003:
Who no know no go know
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Iluvmycontr3: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you being sarcastic or you're serious?

Wanted to ask him that too...

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by vannessa7(f): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
iSense247:
You were not involved but your bank accounts were involved just like I'm not the one typing this comment but my keyboard is. Continue fooling your surpporters. grin

He owned an investment company that was duly registered in the US, many people invested in it, he couldn't have been monitoring their sources of income before they invest, honestly do you people think American government is in love with Tinubu or they lack adequate investigative means to unravel the truth and Tinubu could play a fast one on them? Also do you think Obasanjo would leave any stone unturned when he took up the case during his tenure, or you think Tinubu bought American government and Obasanjo, use your brain.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by vannessa7(f): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
Lighthouseman:
Guns don’t kill people. People kill people. Drugs don’t fund themselves. People fund them.
I don’t know who wrote this watery response though but what we were thought in school was that you are liable to your account even to your heir.
He agreed to the drugs scheme but is challenging the court’s jurisdiction to try him since he committed the crime in USA
Meaning he ran to Nigeria for asylum.

And you think interpol is too lazy to fish him out of Nigeria especially since he wasn't particularly hiding in any way, you will realise the truth when you stop being biased.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
BABAawoo47:
what exactly are you driving at

What am I driving at?
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by okuta007: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Eniitankorede:

If a drug baron you never knew was a drug baron drops money in your account, then you must be selling drugs too?

and the drug baron happens to be youruba, happens to be Nigerian and happens to someone Tinubu know

All by accident or coincidence abi ? out of 300 million people in America ? hmmm your mumu dey do PhD for Federal Poly Nekede grin
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Interoma(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
alanto:

Peter Obi is in UK detention... We dey gather money to bail am... Na 2k be the contribution, if you really love our daddy you should contribute for his bail
OUR YES DADDY
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Tinubu was convicted in the United States over drug offense

how many years imprisonment was he sentenced to?
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by vannessa7(f): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
okuta007:

and the drug baron happens to be youruba, happens to be Nigerian and happens to someone Tinubu know

All by accident or coincidence abi ? out of 300 million people in America ? hmmm your mumu dey do PhD for Federal Poly Nekede grin

You are obviously smatter than American government, you need to apply to consult for FBI, such Einstein brain should not go to waste. Mtwww

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Racoon:
shocked You accounts were the conduit pipes of a Chicago heroin drug gang running while your name was mentioned all over the case. Your co-drug baron were indicted and convicted.Yet you are saying you were not a party to this criminality. A friend to a criminal is also a criminal.

Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by franudi: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
So that case is a criminal case?
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by PerfectJUSTICE: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2023
zedegit:

There are 2 different laws for the rich and poor.

He's saying his money is a separate entity from him.

Simply put, I can pay for drugs or import arms and if they are caught or seized, I am not implicated in that since it's money and not me.

I can equally send assassins after you, if they are caught, I will not be held liable.

These people are Jokers.

Stupid jokers. They think it's Nigeria where anything goes
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Gilgil: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nice one.

The compass company's money inside his personal account to the sum of $460,000?

Other person cited tax money taken, $460,000 tax indicates not very bad earnings though. Personal income or company?

smokinloud:

Compass investment was registered in the US as an investment company and anybody can invest his/her money in his company, drug dealers invested their money, they had issues with the government and got their money forfeited.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by PerfectJUSTICE: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
smokinloud:

So if you send assassins and they are caught you will say it's your money that was involved and not you. Joker!
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Blackdisciple(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Is he back Abi na Festus kayamata dey talk
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by 12inchess: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
It clearly says on the docket. Plaintiff. Vs funds in Heritage bank owned by Bola Tinubu. What the Plaintiff wanted was the funds and not Bola Tinubu. You guys should learn to read. I'm not a lawyer but I understand this. It's a Civil Forfeiture. They want the money because they believe it's proceeds from a crime or something. If they believed Tinubu was involved in the Crime then there will be another case like Plaintiff vs Bola Tinubu. Till then Obidients stop stressing us on this matter. Obj has already tried. It didn't work.

PS: I'm sure even PO lawyers knew this angle was a waste of time which is why they have backed it with propaganda in the media. Just to demonize BAT.
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by akinwun(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
$460,000 in 1993 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $960,862.01 today, an increase of $500,862.01 over 30 years.
That is around N701,402,987.3, a little short of 1billion naira forfeited by the president-elect. This can only be drug related
Re: I’m Not A Party In US Drug Case, Tinubu Tells Tribunal by Vitally123: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Who then was convicted and who forfeited the sum of $460,000.00? If not for drug and money laundry conviction, what was $460,000.00 forfeited to the US Govt. for? Lies never end, once started, always rigmaroling. EscoBAT, That's how they "fight dirty" for what does not belong to them. Eye nec, the game is up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

15 Most Corrupt Countries Of The World And Nigeria Doesn't Make The List / ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / Buhari Violating Federal Character In Appointments – Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.