Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,907 members, 7,889,999 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:05 AM

The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. (1298 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / An Indian Bride Has Walked Out Of Her Wedding / Preetiest Girl I Ever Been With. Doro Mega Super Preety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
She is down to earth, she loved me to a fault,  in many regards she is every man's idea wife material and we we have been dating for over 3years now.
we have broken up like 4 - 5 times, met her in UNI when she was still a naive fresher while I was a sophomore.
Then I graduated and moved cities for NYSC but we kept seeing each other at-least once in month, but I realize that after d last break up/make-up she was never free with me, she started feeling insecure and also warned me that a broken courtship is better than a failed marriage,

She may not be the prettiest chick I have been with (My only genuine concern over our future) but she is a wonderful person.\
She finally broke up with me last week and I'm about to move on but I honestly can't stop reminiscing the good times we had and how we planned a future we may no longer share.

I am scared of what d future holds for me, entering the dating game again after some 3 long years with a partner I never cheated on being d first and only partner I ever made love to (oops I almost forgot: I had a romp with 1 childhood crush and 1 random stranger in-btw our many break-ups ) .
I have a feeling I may not get a girl as good as the one that just left me, I could get a more prettier one, more sophisticated or maybe someone dat can blow me d way a pro blows a trumpet but I feared her love and genuine care for me will be hard to come by, I maybe wrong though.

Matured nlanders to the rescue please: should i overlook her less than satisfactory beauty or should I go on a search for an improved version (beauty queen) with a similar Operating System (who is homely & can show love and care genuinely). sad sad
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by CalienteMi: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2011
Chalk it up as a life lesson learned. You will be okay.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

Chalk it up as a life lesson learned. You will be okay.
Thanks though, buh do you think moving on is difficult for me because she is my first?? or could this be what they call love?
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
OP bro is she here on Nairaland?
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by amarula(f): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
I feel you,moving on can be a b*itch
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by slimyem: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
you threw away the best girl you ever had mainly because of her not too good looks?smh.i hope you dont stay in lagos because you go search tire(if na wife material you dey find).
But i promise you, you will look back at this period in a few years time and wish you never let her go.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by pendo89(f): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Weezzy:

Thanks though, buh do you think moving on is difficult for me because she is my first??  or could this be what they call love?

just call them first lessons in love.Baby's first walk. Why should moving be difficult? Almost everybody goes through that training but they emerge stronger and wiser Pick the valuable lessons learned,build a bridge then cross it. Don't rush to start another relationship till you have crossed over the bridge.
it means you have healed.

And yes you can find a girl with both outer and inner beauty. gd luck
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
REALITY101:

OP bro is she here on Nairaland?

nope dnt tell me u re trippin 4her!
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2011
slimyem:

you threw away the best girl you ever had mainly because of her not too good looks?smh.i hope you dont stay in lagos because you go search tire(if na wife material you dey find).
But i promise you, you will look back at this period in a few years time and wish you never let her go.
I feared I may regret this one day, but at the same time too many break-ups have cost us so much in terms of trust, so its not just about looks nw!!
As for searchin for my dream girl, I'm more likely to go celibate than date/marry someone who isn't worth it (I just dey pity my mumsy though who is praying for his son to bring home a wify once he can afford one)

pendo89:

just call them first lessons in love.Baby's first walk. Why should moving be difficult? Almost everybody goes through that training but they emerge stronger and wiser Pick the valuable lessons learned,build a bridge then cross it. Don't rush to start another relationship till you have crossed over the bridge.
it means you have healed.

And yes you can find a girl with both outer and inner beauty. gd luck

Thanks babe, that is so re-assuring!!
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by CalienteMi: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
You can do two things; cry about it or dust yourself off and keep your head up.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

You can do two things; cry about it or dust yourself off and keep your head up.

I have cried in d past after initiating a break-up(very funny right?) But it was her turn to dump me for good this tym around, but no tears really, even as emotional as I get, I could get her back if i show some commitment (not an option right nw) except she got hooked up b4 dumping me!!!
whichever way I just hope my experience is normal cos I dnt want to retire at 50 or 60 thinkin I shoulda, coulda woulda married my 1st GF smiley smiley
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by coogar: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
Weezzy:

She is down to earth, she loved me to a fault,  in many regards she is every man's idea wife material and we we have been dating for over 3years now.
we have broken up like 4 - 5 times, met her in UNI when she was still a naive fresher while I was a sophomore.
Then I graduated and moved cities for NYSC but we kept seeing each other at-least once in month, but I realize that after d last break up/make-up she was never free with me, she started feeling insecure and also warned me that a broken courtship is better than a failed marriage,

She may not be the prettiest chick I have been with (My only genuine concern over our future) but she is a wonderful person.\
She finally broke up with me last week and I'm about to move on but I honestly can't stop reminiscing the good times we had and how we planned a future we may no longer share.

I am scared of what d future holds for me, entering the dating game again after some 3 long years with a partner I never cheated on being d first and only partner I ever made love to (oops I almost forgot: I had a romp with 1 childhood crush and 1 random stranger in-btw our many break-ups ) .
I have a feeling I may not get a girl as good as the one that just left me, I could get a more prettier one, more sophisticated or maybe someone dat can blow me d way a pro blows a trumpet but I feared her love and genuine care for me will be hard to come by, I maybe wrong though.

Matured nlanders to the rescue please: should i overlook her less than satisfactory beauty or should I go on a search for an improved version (beauty queen) with a similar Operating System (who is homely & can show love and care genuinely). sad sad

you must have a very low self esteem. . . . .

there's always a better girl out there somewhere. it's when you confine yourself in the same environment that you feel like you have lost a gem.
you are still a young man. explore the world. go to many cities and you would know "the best girl you ever knew" isn't worth a dime to the other mamis you would meet out there. one door closes, another one opens.
open a new chapter. move on and completely forget your past!
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2011
coogar:

you must have a very low self esteem. . . . .

there's always a better girl out there somewhere. it's when you confine yourself in the same environment that you feel like you have lost a gem.
you are still a young man. explore the world. go to many cities and you would know "the best girl you ever knew" isn't worth a dime to the other mamis you would meet out there. one door closes, another one opens.
open a new chapter. move on and completely forget your past!

Com 'on man that was harsh, OK I understand there is a lot more to explore out there but I have got to clear my head before I hurt another girl's feeling(I just hate to make some one feel hurt cos of my actions /inactions)
Thanks for your advise anyway, at-least I'm getting a brand new perspective now, a break away from my traditional its either her or nobody else,
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2011
I think the major reason you are letting go is her less than satisfactory beauty and thats a shame because in other aspects you think she is great however i believe you need to let her go because anytime you are with her in your mind you are thinking "i could have done better". so go sow your wild oats.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by NET1(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2011
Weezzy:

She is down to earth, she loved me to a faultin many regards she is every man's idea wife material and we we have been dating for over 3years now.

I have a feeling I may not get a girl as good as the one that just left me, I could get a more prettier one, more sophisticated or maybe someone dat can blow me d way a pro blows a trumpet but I feared her love and genuine care for me will be hard to come by, I maybe wrong though. - (Of course, you are wrong)

Sometimes, we don't realize the worth of our blessings until we lose them to someone who appreciates them.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by duchess4: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2011
Like some feople will always say, zere are many fishes in za river.

Truth is, no two people can ever be alike character wise. You might meet someone who will make the lady in question seem like an angel

in comparison and you might also meet someone who will make her look like the devil. Nowhere is it stated that you must end up with the best

person you ever knew cos there just might be a better person waiting round the corner. I guess you both know deep down in your hearts that

you cannot have a future together and thats why flimsy excuses are cropping up o! The grass is not always greener on the other side but yeah,

you could find someone else you will grow to fall in love with more.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by DBestDoc(f): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
~duchess~:

Truth is, no two people can ever be alike character wise. You might meet someone who will make the lady in question seem like an angel

in comparison and you might also meet someone who will make her look like the devil. Nowhere is it stated that you must end up with the best

person you ever knew cos there just might be a better person waiting round the corner. I guess you both know deep down in your hearts that

you cannot have a future together and thats why flimsy excuses are cropping up o! The grass is not always greener on the other side but yeah,

Thank You! Well Said
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by nigazman(m): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
This is realy touching
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by duchess4: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
D_BestDoc:

Thank You! Well Said

Abi o! Thank you.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by MMM2(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
op

let me hook u up with my leftover chicks
undecided
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
OP are you for real? Tripping for a random chick that I don't even know? You're a joke. Hey take this paper towel, it will last for years cry yourself to sleep wake up and cry again continuously nonstop.
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by MrCork17: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kweeesy. . talk to Mrs Chima. She dates anythin! wink
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by Weezzy: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
~duchess~:

Thanks for your response, quite insightful

Mr, Cork:

Kweeesy. . talk to Mrs Chima. She dates anythin! wink
MR,,Cork world famous, its a pity I don't do guys I wouldnt have mind you taking my ex gf's place, lol
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by annita19(f): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
It happens all the time. Dust it off and move on
Re: The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life. by claremont(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
@OP: There are a multitude of better ladies out there, take a deep breath and move the hell on. I am yet to fathom the reason why people get so emotionally weakened by a relationship break-up; surely, there are much more important things in this short life to worry about IMO! cool

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Leave My Gal Friend Forever And Ever Amen / From Dating To A Long Term Relationship / A Lover's Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.