Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko (174 Views)

Train Attack: Bandits Release Pregnant Woman On Compassionate Ground / Photos From Olusegun Mimiko's Presidential Declaration / Mimiko Declares For 2019 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko by peekspot(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2023

Former governor of Ondo state, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, has implored Nigerians to practise the lessons from the month-long fasting of Ramadan and show compassion to the less-privileged.

His message came as Muslims across the world celebrate this year’s eid-el-fitr.

Mimiko, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Digital Communications, John Paul Akinduro, said the joyous occasion of eid provides another opportunity to rejuvenate bonds of kinship and peace, demonstrate tolerance and sympathy towards each other.

While wishing Muslims a happy eid-el-fitr, the former governor also prayed for God’s endless blessings for Nigeria and her citizens.

“As we exchange gifts and feast on special meals with our loved ones, let us remember that
eid-el-fitr is also a time for forgiveness, kindness, and compassion; a time to make peace with all neighbours, relatives and friends, and resolve differences. By so doing, we will be building a stronger, virile and enduring nation,” he said.

https://punchng.com/eid-el-fitr-be-compassionate-to-the-needy-mimiko/
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko by LeoDeKing: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
God bless Dr Olusegun Mimiko for the reminder. Islam encourages alms giving. Alms giving is a strong pillar in Islam.

And in every regulation, there must be few who take undue advantage for selfish ends. This is the reason abusers of this good practice of alms giving are common among Muslim communities/population.

According to Islam, your left hand shouldn't be aware of what you give with the right hand (figuratively). Most hypocrites, especially "dem", usually help while videoing themselves or taking selfies only to upload the videos/selfies on social media.

This reminds me of one of pandora hoebi's lies of "assisting" a female graduate who couldn't get job after 100 years of graduation.
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
Mimi still dey ??

Been so long I heard about him.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Be Compassionate To The Needy – Mimiko by Eraser33(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
I felicitate with all Muslim faithfuls across the globe. I pray for love and peace to exist among us as peace is the only recipe for meaningful development.
I'm also prayerfully believing God to touch anyone's heart to help my kids. Been out of job(bricklaying) for 5months now. Times are so difficult and I feel like I should run away from my kids to go hide my shame somewhere. Hunger is almost killing us. Pls fellow Nigerians, help us

(1) (Reply)

CKYGG Endorse Hon Gowon IJN For Deputy Governor / Buhari, Others Eulogize Osinbajo At Public Presentation Of Book In VP's Honour / Hon Osaro-onaiwu Jnr Congratulates Gov Obaseki Award On Good Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.