Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,190 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot (13706 Views)

You Are Despicable Tribal Bigot - Deji Adeyanju To Peter Obi / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi / Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by obama99: 8:51am On May 02, 2023
Peter obi needs t add little rascality to his vibes if he needs to confront these monsters. They no dey gree hear word. Tell that layi that you will make life unbearable foe him for accusing you of treason.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Chindozy: 8:52am On May 02, 2023
Burob:
Yes O, You will be singing Bola Tinubu’s praises in a very short time.
😂😂😂 Time will tell.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Paramount01(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2023
FactBoyz:
Peter Obi makes me so proud of voting for him. Man told Lai Mohammed yesterday that the money he spent going to the US saying nonsense about him should have built or equipped some schools in his village.

Peter Obi is pure presidential material. We hope the judges do the right thing as it's been proven he won

Benue
Rivers
Taraba
Akwa Ibom

And got more votes than reported in Plateau, Kano, and Borno.

We will secure our mandate.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg this morning......

You did not mention Lagos,

Bro think now, you mention Benue, A place the governor himself that is supporting him lost his senatorial seat, yet you still say he won

Kano, I base in one of the Northwest states, I am a Christian but we Christians know obi have no political relevance here, in some pu obi has no agent, in some local govt nobody knows obi

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Watinani(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2023
Chindozy:

The rejected stone shall later be the cornerstone. By the way, try and get your facts right. Thanks

The facts is right, and I got nothing enmity against him. This is exactly what Tinubu did when has Lagos back then.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by harmonyglobal: 8:58am On May 02, 2023
He never denied the conversation happened but he denied the religious war thing
Hmmmm, I'm thinking
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Chindozy: 8:58am On May 02, 2023
emkz:
Peter Obi is a standard for mediocrity.

(1) He claimed he was only invited by the UK immigration to be told his identity was duplicated. Why did he leak a story that was apparently a routine security threat to make it seem as if APC was trying to frame him? Remember the initial leak came from someone who had served as a commissioner under him.

(2) He blamed Lai Mohammed for going to the US to accuse him of treason. Same Obi went to USA and Canada to campaign to people without PVCs. He is okay to travel for stupid reasons, but Lai is not?

(3) He initially claimed the audio between himself and Oyedepo was doctored and fake. Now he is insinuating the audio happened, but he never said "religious war". Same man said he would sue the media house that leaked the audio, and he hasn't. Kenneth Okonkwo was suspended for a month for confirming the audio between Obi and Oyedepo.

(4) Obi tried to pander to Christian voters and was roundly beaten for it as core Muslim states in the North and conservative Yoruba states voted massively against him. He denies being a religious bigot.

(5) Is it not insanity that a man who performed woefully in Anambra State is now seen as the person to rescue Nigeria?

(6) Is it not disturbing that the greatest importer of consumer goods through his Next superstores is now the one who is promising to move Nigeria from consumption to production? How many factories did he build as governor?

(7) Is it not shameful that a person who wanted to lead Nigeria was too naive administratively to set up his own situation room to collate election results that his party foolishly relied on INEC, used social media to collate results and are relying on PDP to state that he got over a million votes in Lagos? Is it not naive for him to believe he won the election from 3rd position? Is it not insane that he accused Tinubu of not being validly elected because he did not win Abuja, whereas he did not even win majority of the votes nor did he even win two-thirds of 36 states and Abuja.

My sincere advise to Peter Obi is to be man enough and own his narrative. Buhari was called an Islamist, he never denied it, nor did he confirm it. Atiku played ethnic politics by calling on Northerners to vote for him and never denied it. Tinubu shouted that it was the turn of Yorubas and he was the arrowhead of Yorubas, and he never denied it. The other candidates demonstrated courage, which is what Peter Obi lacks and is shameless about it.

Finally to his supporters who are champions of mediocrity. You were fixated on the Presidency and forgot there were more than 1462 elective positions in Nigeria. If the blunder of Obi had bedeviled Nigeria, how would he have run the country without control of the National Assembly and states? You people were too naive and approached the elections like amateurs. Buhari's CPC went allout in 2011 and won one state, i.e., Nasarawa and locked the entire North. By that action, he proved he was a formidable force and those who wanted power teamed up with him and gave him the additional 3 million votes that removed the PDP.

You people have not won a state, a seat to even test your abilities, but you were so convinced you could install a President. What the hell were you thinking? Is Nigeria Presidency that cheap for you to walk over?

Tinubu defeated your Obi. You can choose not to accept it, but you must respect it. You were not prepared to win. You were to confident that you would.

Objective submission can never be achieved with senses beclouded with or submerged in ‘partisanship’.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Watinani(m): 9:00am On May 02, 2023
Paramount01:

You did not mention Lagos,

Bro think now, you mention Benue, A place the governor himself that is supporting him lost his senatorial seat, yet you still say he won

Kano, I base in one of the Northwest states, I am a Christian but we Christians know obi have no political relevance here, in some pu obi has no agent, in some local govt nobody knows obi

Bros let them continue making noise, even Atiku that is second in position is not hyping like them.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Chindozy: 9:00am On May 02, 2023
Watinani:

The facts is right, and I got nothing enmity against him. This is exactly what Tinubu did when has Lagos back then.

If you claim the facts are right, please could you reference the ‘facts’. Thanks
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Paramount01(m): 9:00am On May 02, 2023
taylor88:
If not for tribalism

Which sane person would choose Tinubu over Obi

A dead body that inhales cocaine and exhales heroin

Honestly! But the way many obedient movements go about their camping is more tribal than qualified

Just imagine, the Labour Party chairman in Sokoto is an Igbo man, Haba! Not even a northenal but a christain Igbo man and you said Obi is not tribal

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Draslo(m): 9:02am On May 02, 2023
emkz:

(1) He claimed he was only invited by the UK immigration to be told his identity was duplicated. Why did he leak a story that was apparently a routine security threat to make it seem as if APC was trying to frame him? Remember the initial leak came from someone who had served as a commissioner under him.

(2) He blamed Lai Mohammed for going to the US to accuse him of treason. Same Obi went to USA and Canada to campaign to people without PVCs. He is okay to travel for stupid reasons, but Lai is not?

(3) He initially claimed the audio between himself and Oyedepo was doctored and fake. Now he is insinuating the audio happened, but he never said "religious war". Same man said he would sue the media house that leaked the audio, and he hasn't. Kenneth Okonkwo was suspended for a month for confirming the audio between Obi and Oyedepo.

(4) Obi tried to pander to Christian voters and was roundly beaten for it as core Muslim states in the North and conservative Yoruba states voted massively against him. He denies being a religious bigot.

(5) Is it not insanity that a man who performed woefully in Anambra State is now seen as the person to rescue Nigeria?

(6) Is it not disturbing that the greatest importer of consumer goods through his Next superstores is now the one who is promising to move Nigeria from consumption to production? How many factories did he build as governor?

(7) Is it not shameful that a person who wanted to lead Nigeria was too naive administratively to set up his own situation room to collate election results that his party foolishly relied on INEC, used social media to collate results and are relying on PDP to state that he got over a million votes in Lagos? Is it not naive for him to believe he won the election from 3rd position? Is it not insane that he accused Tinubu of not being validly elected because he did not win Abuja, whereas he did not even win majority of the votes nor did he even win two-thirds of 36 states and Abuja.

My sincere advise to Peter Obi is to be man enough and own his narrative. Buhari was called an Islamist, he never denied it, nor did he confirm it. Atiku played ethnic politics by calling on Northerners to vote for him and never denied it. Tinubu shouted that it was the turn of Yorubas and he was the arrowhead of Yorubas, and he never denied it. The other candidates demonstrated courage, which is what Peter Obi lacks and is shameless about it.

Finally to his supporters who are champions of mediocrity. You were fixated on the Presidency and forgot there were more than 1462 elective positions in Nigeria. If the blunder of Obi had bedeviled Nigeria, how would he have run the country without control of the National Assembly and states? You people were too naive and approached the elections like amateurs. Buhari's CPC went allout in 2011 and won one state, i.e., Nasarawa and locked the entire North. By that action, he proved he was a formidable force and those who wanted power teamed up with him and gave him the additional 3 million votes that removed the PDP.

You people have not won a state, a seat to even test your abilities, but you were so convinced you could install a President. What the hell were you thinking? Is Nigeria Presidency that cheap for you to walk over?

Tinubu defeated your Obi. You can choose not to accept it, but you must respect it. You were not prepared to win. You were to confident that you would.
How can you expect to educate a Zombie? Nothing you say can change their mindset. Many of them were indoctrinated into Obidient movement in their churches...and their pastors are infallible in their eyes.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Saga16: 9:03am On May 02, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

I am busy don't ever quote me.

Shatap.

I can quote you as I like.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by damkin24(m): 9:03am On May 02, 2023
FactBoyz:
Peter Obi makes me so proud of voting for him. Man told Lai Mohammed yesterday that the money he spent going to the US saying nonsense about him should have built or equipped some schools in his village.

Peter Obi is pure presidential material. We hope the judges do the right thing as it's been proven he won

Benue
Rivers
Taraba
Akwa Ibom

And got more votes than reported in Plateau, Kano and Borno.

We more saner Nigerians know Obi is a pure fraud
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by emkz: 9:03am On May 02, 2023
Draslo:

How can you expect to educate a Zombie? Nothing you say can change their mindset. Many of them were indoctrinated into Obidient movement in their churches...and their pastors are infallible in their eyes.

Bro, I have kept quiet since and watched them get worse daily.

I decided to do this today so that posterity would record it that I did my best to set them straight.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by emkz: 9:09am On May 02, 2023
taylor88:
If not for tribalism

Obi, Datti and Kenneth Okonkwo fought Tinubu over his Muslim running mate and some pastors called it MuMu ticket.

So you expected Yorubas to vote for you when you were using religion against their son? This explains why Obi could not meet 25% in conservative Yoruba states like Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti. It also partly explains whe he couldn't meet 25% in core Muslim states like Borno, Yobe, Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara.

Obi's chances were buried in core Yoruba states and core Muslim states in the north.

He started it by focusing on Christians and got served.

So Obi played a religious card and ethnic cards, and they were used against him by those with the numerical strength.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Alliswell248: 9:10am On May 02, 2023
taylor88:
If not for tribalism

If not for ignorance, dullness and hatred, how in this world would a first class accountant would be competing the same point with a third class graduate who after developing his state migrated to Lagos.

Let him stay in onitsha.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by emkz: 9:11am On May 02, 2023
Chindozy:

Objective submission can never be achieved with senses beclouded with or submerged in ‘partisanship’.

History would vindicate me that I did my best for you people, but you are grossly incorrigible, which is why you lost in the first place.

If you don't take corrections, you'd lose again in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by seeyounow1: 9:14am On May 02, 2023
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by ppogba: 9:21am On May 02, 2023
Daddy please sue The Gazette has you promised us earlier.

If not for anything so that they will not mess up with another person.

Also, go to the court with your Nairaland lawyers sir

Thank you daddy.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by transient123(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2023
Politicians are very cunny people, Mr Obi is cunny and not even smart in the trade. He contradicts himself like a toddler.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by transient123(m): 9:26am On May 02, 2023
emkz:

Obi, Datti and Kenneth Okonkwo fought Tinubu over his Muslim running mate and some pastors called it MuMu ticket.

So you expected Yorubas to vote for you when you were using religion against their son? This explains why Obi could not meet 25% in conservative Yoruba states like Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti. It also partly explains whe he couldn't meet 25% in core Muslim states like Borno, Yobe, Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara.

Obi's chances were buried in core Yoruba states and core Muslim states in the north.

He started it by focusing on Christians and got served.

So Obi played a religious card and ethnic cards, and they were used against him by those with the numerical strength.

That was it. Funny enough, he and his followers are not even seeing it the way it was. Intelligence is scarce these days.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by NwaliE01: 9:29am On May 02, 2023
Lovenorth:
The election has been concluded, please allow us to have a free air. We need a developmental news
Are you tired already?
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by loffyloffy: 9:39am On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxp1Ln8639w
Audio Scandal: I'm Not a Religious or Tribal Bigot - Peter Obi

https://tribuneonlineng.com/yes-daddy-peter-obi-admits-phoning-bishop-oyedepo-says-im-not-a-religious-bigot/

Did they ask him when he is going to sue the media house as he stated earlier, or was that an APC propaganda too?

It is basic journalism to ask such question..but then Arise is more for propaganda than actual reporting

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Ejikeecaso: 9:40am On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/yes-daddy-peter-obi-admits-phoning-bishop-oyedepo-says-im-not-a-religious-bigot/
Where did he admit he made the conversation
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by MrAgbako: 9:40am On May 02, 2023
Mopolchi:
He is not a bigot; this I know.
so "this is a religion war" statement by obi is for what?
Opka and esiewu abi?
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by sunnnnyuu(m): 9:49am On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod:

The automated lying machine, as if as it's true
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Tareq1105: 9:57am On May 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
tongue

Sane Nigerians are all aware that 'Yes Daddy’ is not a 'religious bigots' tongue

I thought he said the audio was fake and he threatened to sue People's Gazette. Obi too dey lie. He said he would sue but up till this morning, he hasn't.

The truth is coming out gradually.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Timmi: 9:58am On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod:

This man can lie for Africa and for Biafra. He admitted to making the call to the Bishop but denied saying the election is a religious war which is what was clearly recorded in his voice.

What is pathetic about it is that he tried to make the Bishop be his mouthpiece in spreading his religious bigotry but thank God the Bishop saw through Obi's deceitful nature and refused to convey his message of hate.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by package7(m): 10:00am On May 02, 2023
Animal person
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Tochj(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2023
What I love most about the interview is the bomb on LAI.
No classroom in his village
No good roads
But He chose to throw away millions of dollars just to accuse an innocent person.
See why we no pity Ekweremadu
We are not like those who politicains can brainwash.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by blaise26abj(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2023
FactBoyz:

Benue
Rivers
Taraba
Akwa Ibom

And got more votes than reported in Plateau, Kano and Borno.

Anyone using state funds to send either Christian’s or Muslims to “holy” lands should not rule nigeria .
Obi really did say those things . The Bishop would have debunked it if he didn’t say it .
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:18am On May 02, 2023
emkz:

PMB CPC won 12 out of 19 Northern states... His 12 million votes came majorly from North East and North West... losing only adamawa and Taraba While GEJ won north central losing only Niger State... Kogi kwara benue na North too na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court: Accept Your Defeat, Apologise For Your Attacks – APC To PDP / Supreme Court And Plateau Lawmakers Axed By Appeal Court / Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.