Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,992 members, 7,931,400 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran (18159 Views)

Youths Threaten To Kill ‘prophet’ For Failing To ‘resurrect’ Audu / Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Igbo Traders, Cemetery Workers Clash At Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by arsenefc: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2011
Hopefully, they can continue their trade in heaven.

No worries people. Its natural for Ibos to move form one place to the other for better business. Maybe they just decided to move from the North to heaven so they can make more profit.

Ibos will do anything for money, we all know that! No sympathies.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by aletheia(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2011
nwabobo:

The five people believed to be Igbo traders were said to have been shot dead at Madala Market on Thursday Night between 7 – 8pm.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that the yet to be identified gunmen were said to have stormed the Madala market and made straight to a shop believed to be that of some Igbo traders and ordered them to recite the Holy Quran of which they could not.

The gunmen who were not satisfied with the development opened fire on the five people at close range leaving them dead immediately.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/5-killed-for-failing-to-recite-quaran/
^There is a high probability that this story is incorrect.
1) These five people if Igbo could not have been the only Igbo in that market. Why then were they singled out to recite the Quran?
2) Who are the witnesses that stood close enough to the deceased to know that the gun men ordered them to recite the Quran and yet were also not shot by the assassins?

Here is another view of the incident:
Gunmen numbering about four Thursday, stormed Madalla Market along Abuja Kaduna expressway dispossessing traders of the day’s proceeds, while shooting sporadically into the air. The gunmen proceeded to town where they shot and killed four persons. Those killed during the operation, according to witnesses, were a plumber simply referred to as Mr. Obi and one Sunday Williams. The identity of the two others could not be ascertained as at press time.

The incident according to the chairman, Palm Oil Dealer Association, Mr. Duke Williams was the third within the year. He said the incident happened when most traders had either left the market or boarded vehicles home. Williams said the gunmen stormed the market late in the evening when traders were closing for the day. “When the robbers arrived the market, they headed straight for Hajiya Fatima’s restaurant and asked after her. But one of the attendants told them that Hajiya had already closed. They left with a message for the restaurant owner that they would be back the next day.  They then started shooting sporadically into the air and there was pandemonium. They robbed many traders at the palm oil section who were not fortunate to have left before their arrival.”

While those who were robbed recount their ordeals in the hands of the rampaging gunmen, those who lost loved ones in the neighborhood of Anguwan Madalla- Tumbu and the area around Madalla Junction 1 are in mourning mood. Residents around the affected neighborhood are lamenting the presence of abandoned corpses whose identity cannot be ascertained. “Some of those killed during the operation are not known to us. What do we now do with the corpses,” a resident queried.

Mrs. Nkechi, wife of Mr. Obi, who lost his life during the incident, said her late husband came out to ease himself around 7. 30 pm that fateful evening when he ran into the robbers and was killed. She said she heard him pleading with the gunmen that they should spare his life and that they did not demand for anything only for him to be shot. She said when her and the neighbor came out after the robbers had left they see her husband dead. She said Mr. Obi, 30 who also hailed from Umozombo, in Aro-Chukwu local government area of Abia State, was doing well in his plumbing job. “Now he has left me with our two-months-old child to cater for all by myself. Where do I go from here because I don’t have anybody in this city except him?”

Joel .T. Emmanuel, friend to late Mr. Sunday Emmanuel who also lost his life during the incident told Weekly Trust that they were on their way home to Unguwan Baba Anya when they ran into the robbers. “Emmanuel was suddenly killed by two shots fired by the robbers, but I miraculously survived.” The remains of the two unidentified victims, Weekly Trust learnt, were said to have been deposited at the Suleja General Hospital by men of the Madalla Police Command.

The Ward Head of Anguwan Madalla Junctuion 1 area, Mallam Musa Abdullahi told Weekly Trust that after the violent spree, some of his subjects came to his house and told him that there are two corpses close to their house. “I, along with other men, reported same to the police who later evacuated them.”

When our reporter visited the Madalla Police Division, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the division was not on seat. A junior officer said only the DPO was qualified to speak on the matter. However, Chairman of Suleja Local Government Area, Muhammad Umar, confirmed that four people died. He added that the council is collaborating with the police with a view to reducing crime in the area.

http://weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7226:gunmen-kill-4-in-madallas-orgy-of-violence&catid=41:news&Itemid=30
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by jason123: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
sad sad sad sad
The day of judgement on these people is coming. . . .
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2011
arsenefc:

Hopefully, they can continue their trade in heaven.

No worries people. Its natural for Ibos to move form one place to the other for better business. Maybe they just decided to move from the North to heaven so they can make more profit.

Ibos will do anything for money, we all know that! No sympathies.

Watch your words because they will come back
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Omarbah: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2011
Instead of leaving the north where they have every right to be, people should
be urging security forces to do their job.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Limaoscar: 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
nwannem, I understand your frustration brought on by the fact that a majority of your own people resident in Nigeria do not share your view. Your impotence in changing the minds of your people and converting them into modern day suicidal secessionists must be quite painful for you. Try to channel your energy into development projects in your hometown if you have the ability. You'll find that quite therapeutic.

That up there is a world class  "touch-down". Eze-senseless-Uche to also take note.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by angelo234: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
I THINK IT HAS REACHED THE TERMINATE OF OUR THEIR IGBOS TO KNOW HOW THIS HAUSA PEOPLES LOVE IGBO,WE DON'T HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH THIS HAUSA PEOPLE WHO TAKE JUDGEMENTS BY THEMSELVES,INSTEAD OF GOD TO JUSTIFY.THIS PEOPLE ARE DEVIL INCARNATES,INGNORANT OF THEIR RELIGION THEY BELIEVED.ANY AN IGBOMAN WHO IS INVESTING IN HAUSA LAND AT THIS NEW MILLENIUM IS A STUPID PERSON.THANS[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by mensdept: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
Sad indeed, but this is not new. In fact as far as 9ja is concerned, it's not even a Newsworthy story. Next week, another group of either Igbo or Christians will be shot or beaten black or blue and the madness called 9ja will continue. Theo Orji will still be a so-called elected governor, the sinators like Mr. Uba will still be there in Abuja, and aristo chicks will still hit up the nite clubs in Lagos by 1 am.

Its time for people to start being beat or shot at for a reason, like stalking a senator thats not doing shiyt, waiting for him to ride back to his mansion, and ambushing him. Then if you are captured, it will be newsworthy.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Digits90(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
I dont want 2 sound lyk a pro-islam but are their strong evidences 2 back d recitatn of d Quran coz d story myt b a FUSS, ITS POSSIBL THEIR are issues btwn d criminals and d IGBO TRADERS,  We all know d nigeria press and their EXAGGERETN , pls pals dont let us allow d media turn us into MUMU, WE'RE FAR INTELLIGENT THAN THAT
**digits**
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
And goodluc jonathan is saying nigeria cannot divide.one nigeria,my feet.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Peaceworld(m): 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2011
I feel Igbos should rally and begin to gather evidence of these killings in order to present to the UN sometime in d future. Yes I blv in one Nigeria but d history of these killings is so glaring. This will continue, until we Igbos come togethr and say enough is enough.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by sholylaw(m): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ ogbonnaike do u know where suleja is, and i beleive u must be stupid to say your stupid ibo brothers really ur igbo brodas re stupid not d igbo communities.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
i have told all of you on nl time and time again that islam is a bloody religion
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by MMM2(m): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
R
I
p
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ikennahill: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
Ts is sad.police?4 gt em!since ibos wan go bt em refused 2 let them go leaving north is nt d solutn,d tin is dt if u ar attacked fight bk.let all ibo b prepared 4 ts.b prepared and mk sure u dnt die in vain,tk them along.na yoruba stil hold 9ja bc dey ar stil confused.let no ibo man mv an inch bt match em fire 4 fire.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2011
@All
Here is another version of the story;
Gunmen numbering about four Thursday, stormed Madalla Market along Abuja Kaduna expressway dispossessing traders of the day’s proceeds, while shooting sporadically into the air. The gunmen proceeded to town where they shot and killed four persons. Those killed during the operation, according to witnesses, were a plumber simply referred to as Mr. Obi and one Sunday Williams. The identity of the two others could not be ascertained as at press time.

The incident according to the chairman, Palm Oil Dealer Association, Mr. Duke Williams was the third within the year. He said the incident happened when most traders had either left the market or boarded vehicles home. Williams said the gunmen stormed the market late in the evening when traders were closing for the day. “When the robbers arrived the market, they headed straight for Hajiya Fatima’s restaurant and asked after her. But one of the attendants told them that Hajiya had already closed. They left with a message for the restaurant owner that they would be back the next day.  They then started shooting sporadically into the air and there was pandemonium. They robbed many traders at the palm oil section who were not fortunate to have left before their arrival.”

While those who were robbed recount their ordeals in the hands of the rampaging gunmen, those who lost loved ones in the neighborhood of Anguwan Madalla- Tumbu and the area around Madalla Junction 1 are in mourning mood. Residents around the affected neighborhood are lamenting the presence of abandoned corpses whose identity cannot be ascertained. “Some of those killed during the operation are not known to us. What do we now do with the corpses,” a resident queried.

Mrs. Nkechi, wife of Mr. Obi, who lost his life during the incident, said her late husband came out to ease himself around 7. 30 pm that fateful evening when he ran into the robbers and was killed. She said she heard him pleading with the gunmen that they should spare his life and that they did not demand for anything only for him to be shot. She said when her and the neighbor came out after the robbers had left they see her husband dead. She said Mr. Obi, 30 who also hailed from Umozombo, in Aro-Chukwu local government area of Abia State, was doing well in his plumbing job. “Now he has left me with our two-months-old child to cater for all by myself. Where do I go from here because I don’t have anybody in this city except him?”

Joel .T. Emmanuel, friend to late Mr. Sunday Emmanuel who also lost his life during the incident told Weekly Trust that they were on their way home to Unguwan Baba Anya when they ran into the robbers. “Emmanuel was suddenly killed by two shots fired by the robbers, but I miraculously survived.” The remains of the two unidentified victims, Weekly Trust learnt, were said to have been deposited at the Suleja General Hospital by men of the Madalla Police Command.

The Ward Head of Anguwan Madalla Junctuion 1 area, Mallam Musa Abdullahi told Weekly Trust that after the violent spree, some of his subjects came to his house and told him that there are two corpses close to their house. “I, along with other men, reported same to the police who later evacuated them.”

When our reporter visited the Madalla Police Division, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the division was not on seat. A junior officer said only the DPO was qualified to speak on the matter. However, Chairman of Suleja Local Government Area, Muhammad Umar, confirmed that four people died. He added that the council is collaborating with the police with a view to reducing crime in the area.

http://weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7226:gunmen-kill-4-in-madallas-SinParty-of-violence&catid=41:news&Itemid=30
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
Peaceworld:

I feel Igbos should rally and begin to gather evidence of these killings in order to present to the UN sometime in d future. Yes I blv in one Nigeria but d history of these killings is so glaring. This will continue, until we Igbos come togethr and say enough is enough.
this is one thing we have lacked for so long! this is why the peeps in the North is taking us for a fool!

anyway [s]why do igbos keep moving to the North, apart from Abuja(which is well secured) there is no northern state i have ever been to neither will i advice my fellow friends, history has already proved what they take us for[/s]!
i haven't heard them target ijaw men!
though i don't agree with secession of any group in Nigeria but i would like to give a message to my brothers>best form of defense is to attack! , we shouldn't always be waiting for them to attack b4 we revenge! pls spare me the story of us been Christians and  should wait for Gods judgement!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
I wonder if Nigerians don't like employing their reasoning. The initial post was a curious one, about people just running into a shop and shooting those within it then running out again. As strange as it sounded,nobody wondered whether they were actually hired assasins who were paid to make it look like a religious killing, people just came and started shouting 'RETALIATION! RETALIATION!! RETALIATION!!!'.
Abeg Nigerians start using your senses.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2011
so as not to incite hate, comments removed !!!!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2011
This is stO0peed -

Like some good-minded, intelligent and wonderful people have stated on the thread already - Let there be break-up of Nigeria. I've advocated this since my undergraduate days and I would always be one of the top supporters of the division. I'm sick of the Northerners already. They are major setbacks for the possible economic development of the East *i'm Yoruba*

Only the scared, the forever misplaced and beneficiaries of the entity called 'Nigeria' clamour for the continuation of the forcefully welded British art-work.

I see myself as a Yoruba - and only as a Nigerian because situation requires it for now.

Odua Republic baby!!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2011
that's so bad !!! whats happening to our one Nigeria?? are we also gonna blame our leaders for this as well? this just man wickedness to fellow man. and its very painful coming from a fellow country man.
If our northern brothers feel, we cant live together in peace anymore, its time we consider dividing this country,, cos another war is what we don't need now.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by basadenet: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
Innocent souls killed for nothing. The Perpetrator of this dastardly act  and his entire family will perish in 7 days in same like circumstances. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2011
both stories are totally different! but i would like to ask a question for the second one, those shot in the second story sounds like unlucky guys but why is the victims only igbos! if it should sound as a case of being unlucky then someone else(at least none igbo) should be involved cos i cant believe in such an area (mostly occupied by northerners) none of them was unlucky likewise somebody who just came out to ease himselves!!  cry
the truth is that these gangs are sent! by who? i dint know!
but history can prove some peep/tribe as suspects, which both yu and i already have an idea of,
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by doctokwus: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2011
Deres sth fishy about dis story bc d 2nd version didn't mention anytin about dem being asked to recite d quoran;I tend to blv d 2nd bc I doubt if evn all muslims are versed in d holy book,it may jst av bn a criminal intent disguised in d form of boko haram
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2011
doctokwus:

Deres sth fishy about dis story bc d 2nd version didn't mention anytin about dem being asked to recite d quoran;I tend to blv d 2nd bc I doubt if evn all muslims are versed in d holy book,it may jst av bn a criminal intent disguised in d form of boko haram
lets just take the second! why is the unlucky ones foreigners(refer the igbos) that story is cooked up or perhaps the event was already planned! cry

R.I.P my brothers,
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by engrj(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
To start with, May their soul rest in peace. Now to all those abokis ur time is up is dere anybody on nairaland to join me & go to north to kill  all of them including the ex-presidents & VP, don't doubt me i am able & capable to do it i need u to go with me, i no say u go dey fear now. nobody will be ready to go.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by noiseless: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
r.i.p cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
Gosh, wat da hell? Is it a crime 2 b a nigerian or exercise d right of freedom of movement nd settlement within d country? Is it a crime 2 b a xtian nd living in da north? What kind of hedious act is this,killing people coz they'r nt muslimz, I think its high time we igbos started making these bastard muslimz uncomfortable here in d east, is it that we'all r asleep while our brodas die? Infact,God punish any muslim i see around me, dat person is GONE!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Otseh: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
out of the dead five people in the shop, which of them narrated why they were killed. let us always reason before reacting.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by benlay(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2011
We've been told that there would be no country called Nigeria by 2015 now i believe that, there is no more basis for us to still live as one country. PERIOD!
People of 'completely' different believes, culture & tradition, and religion can NEVER live together as one country. We continue to push it, tie it, mend it, now it's obvious it's 'unfixable', so pathetic. One region that contributes 0% to the treasury benefits more that other regions from the treasury, it does not work like that.
Do people still write 'Long Live Nigeria' these days?
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Habinger(m): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
Nigeria is not and will never be an Islamic nation!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Jarus(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2011
Why on earth will people do this? This is most silly. What message are these deranged people passing for God's sake.? They should be treated same way, if caught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Nigerian Drug Peddler Nabbed With Heroin, Cocaine And 'ice" In India / Car Thief Nabbed By The Police In Yenagoa After He Was Arrested For Same Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.