Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,995 members, 7,931,427 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:21 AM

5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran (18160 Views)

Youths Threaten To Kill ‘prophet’ For Failing To ‘resurrect’ Audu / Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Igbo Traders, Cemetery Workers Clash At Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2011
frosbel (m)
ALLAH is not my creator, GOD is

I do not recognize your ALLAH  as GOD.

English is not the only language on earth. there are millions of them.
in yourba He is Olorun, English God, igbo Chineke, Hausa Ubangiji, igbira Omorihi , hebrew Yaweh, aramaic Elohi and Arabic Allah.
are there bibles written in Arabic language? yes. there are Arab Christians too and they call God Allah because it is their language.
how do I expect an ignoramus like you to know that.
behold frosbel, a paragon of ignorance.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2011
While ALLAH may indeed be the GOD in Arabic, I raise my hands here, as I am not a fluent speaker of Arabic, the fact is that the ALLAH of the Muslims who had 3 daughters is not the same as the ALLAH of the BIBLE !!!!!

In other words Yahweh is not the same as the Muslims ALLAH.

2 different persons !
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by manny4life(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2011
BetaThings:

If I find something in the Bible (eg the 10 commandments and the issue of Sabbath based upon which even non-Christians in Babcock University cannot even read their books on a Saturday ), how is it non-biblical?
What is the criteria for picking and choosing what is biblical and non? What is the criteria for choosing what is to be taken from the Old testament and what to ignore?
Do you know that Christians have been fighting religious wars for a long time?
Since you mention this matter, please tell me what you really know about how muslims fight wars?

Some accounts in the NEW testaments are contradictory. So they are disputable

Good question, first ask yourself what "the bible" is, then ask yourself about the Old testament, look at the difference, and after that you answer that question. I will NOT lecture you on the Bible during unnecessary arguments. If you're so interested, read up on the accounts of the Bible and know if it conforms with Jesus Christ teachings. Christians have been fighting religious wars for a long time? What has this got to do with me or what he's trying to justify? Go and meet someone who's interested in your religious Christian / Muslim history, that has absolutely nothing to do with him trying to use violence to justify the Bible and God. On that note, if there were any wars reflected in the Bible that you want to refute, then go right on. Why should I tell you about Muslim wars? Dude, I'm no Muslim, I'm a Christian, and even as one, I'm certainly concerned with myself with what happened in the Bible and NOT religious history and confrontations. Again, if you have anything to refute in the Bible, like your fellow cohort who's was talking about the Midianites, or the promise land, then go right ahead and spill it.

Well if there are accounts in the NEW testaments that are contradictory, at least if it's contradictory to the Old Testament, then let us know. I'll be more delighted to know how the Bible contradicts itself. On that note, don't give me your contradictions based on your religious Christians / Muslim history because I'm certainly NOT interested. Take your religious history to those who want to hear them.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2011
I think those killers just use d tense atmosphere between xtians and muslims to carry out their evil work, its absurd dat some pple will kill because one can not read quran, that is not islam!
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Everfrank(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2011
People who claim to be intelligent are believing any nonsense they read or hear. Am sorry for Naija.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by hbrednic: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2011
THE EARTH.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Gerrard59(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2011
Cc
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by mekaboy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2011
THOSE WHO WANT NIGERIA TO SEPERATE ARE SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR MEANS TO CAUSE A WAR BETWEEN TRIBES OF THIS COUNTRY. THESE NORTHERN LEADERS CANNOT ALLOW JONATHAN 4 YEARS, THEY WANT TO DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE THESE 4 YEARS MISERABLE FOR NIGERIANS. GOD WILL DESTROY THEM AND THEIR GENERATIONS.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by londoner: 1:41am On Sep 26, 2011
This is very sad, and deliberately provocative by some Muslim elements in Nigeria.

I find the fact that some people are immediately heaping the "blame" on the Igbo victims for being in the "north"  a crime in itself.

This happened in Madala market which is situated in the outskirts of Abuja, the nations capital and not in "the north" as such. Even so, it does not give anyone the right to kill them.

When the  western people working in the UN building in Abuja were bombed, did you react with the same heartless blame on them? Was anybody's first reaction to criticise their decision to come and work/live in or near Abuja?

These days it takes a whole lot for some Nigerians to actually have a genuine human feeling/empathy towards one another.

For those saying it is robbery, how many robbers leave all valuables behind? To me this discounts the possibility that they were armed robbers, because that would make it even more absurd.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by BetaThings: 4:09am On Sep 26, 2011
frosbel:

You have totally lost it , of this I am sure.

Where , when and how did I incite hatred for Muslims  

I simply stated the fact that ISLAM is inherently violent though most Muslims do not subscribe to it's blood thirsty nature !! The few that do are only following in Muhammad's footsteps.

I have lost it? So what is it that you still have?
Shall we review your posts? On some occassions, you admonish people to be civil, but normally, you are abusive and incite hate
Shall we review each other's posts? It is a challenge to know who is unlikely to be able to conduct civil discourse

Of course, everything in the Bible or whatever you read into it is a fact
But my own understanding of the Quran is not a fact? Right? Open up your mind!
This is what is called conceit

frosbel:

The Quran:
Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers],  but if desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."  

There is a good case to be made that the textual context of this particular passage is defensive war, even if the historical context was not (Muslims in Medina were not under attack).  

However, there are also two worrisome pieces to this verse.  The first is that the killing of others is authorized in the event of "persecution" (a qualification that is ambiguous at best).  The second is that fighting may persist until "religion is for Allah."  The example set by Muhammad is not reassuring.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."  

Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

No doubt, Muslims fight. But there are regulations as to how Muslims conduct themselves in a war.
Muslims do not need the various treaties governing how to avoid war crimes. These already exist in Islamic doctrine
While quoting how muslims fight, you would never quote how they are to conduct themselves

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors
The above implies that there are limits and rules.
Again that is the reason why a Muslims does not just go an retaliate in response to an attack. Conditions must be satisfied

You quarrel against persecution. How I wish Christians would wait to be persecuted before fighting

You would never mention that Muslims are even required to fight to PROTECT Non-Muslims who are under their protection
Eg It is the duty of Saudi Arabia to fight Muslims who want to attack non-muslims living in that country

I went to a Christian School and was assailed with stories of love, forgiveness 7 x 70 times etc
In real life I saw that they took slaves, started two world wars, fought themselves, burnt people at the stake etc
You never mentioned
Note that there is nothing to guide how Christians fight wars. No divine guidance on limits in war.
They claim they should forgive. But they fight wars without restraint. Isn't that worse?

You misquoted the verse below. Deliberately

frosbel:

The Quran:
Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers],  but if desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."  There is a good case to be made that the textual context of this particular passage is defensive war, even if the historical context was not (Muslims in Medina were not under attack).  However, there are also two worrisome pieces to this verse.  The first is that the killing of others is authorized in the event of "persecution" (a qualification that is ambiguous at best).  The second is that fighting may persist until "religion is for Allah."  The example set by Muhammad is not reassuring.

2: 191
"And slay them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers."

The bolded part is pivotal. But you (Frosbel) left it out in your bid to state a FACT?

2:192
But if they cease, then Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful

2:193
Fight them until there is no more persecution and worship is for Allah . But if they cease, then let there be no hostility except against the oppressors.

The part in bold is also important, but it is missing from your post. DELIBERATE? Of course
and you will accuse people of lying!

frosbel:

The Quran:

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."  

Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

There are two duties in Islam - individual and communal. Praying 5 times a day is an individual obligation.
Praying on the dead is communal. An individual may not participate so long as some in the community have done it

A lot of people will not fight to defend muslim land, women and children if they are not encouraged
Afterall, if I don't participate in a war, it does not mean I would not benefit from the security the defence of my land provides

Allah rewards those who fight against oppressors. That is the benefit mentioned

Muslims are told not to fight for loot

4:94
O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art none of a believer!" Coveting the perishable goods of this life: with Allah are profits and spoils abundant. Even thus were ye yourselves before, till Allah conferred on you His favours: Therefore carefully investigate. For Allah is well aware of all that ye do.

frosbel:

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".  This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Anybody who disbelieves in Allah is destined for hellfire. A muslim cannot grant any waiver for this. Afterall, it is the creator talking about His creation
Is that not really the position of Christainity or any religion for the matter?

The book of Corinthians call Christians "light' and all of us non-Christians "darkness"

The Bible
Thessalonians

2 The 1: 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey  the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
2Th. 1:9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

So the Bible warns non-believers too (including Muslims)

frosbel:

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."  

The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter.  These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah.  Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes.  It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle.  Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption.  (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain, "  

Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"  No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.
Don't run away from battle. Be bold, courageous. Is that not what any leader tells his soldier? That is the creed of any modern army
The reason why Muhammed Ali was jailed was because he refused to go to war
When a nation is threatened, it is in the interest of everyone to support the war effort
There is no army that dispute it
Are you really saying Americans regard those who do not join the war on terror as "peaceful"
Of course, we saw a lot of peaceful western nations taking sides all the time in foreign battles

So early Christians were led meekly to slaughter! by who?
So when did the relevation not be led into battle come
But newer Christians have perfected the art of leading non-christians to salughther
How many Nigerians who fought in Myanmar (Burma) during WWII knew why they were fighting
Christians are now experts in blackmail, intrigue and oppression
Many Africans slaves were branded with hor iron, their lips padlocked while they laboured in hunger under the scorching sun on sugarcane plantation  

frosbel:

Bible on infidels :

Here are some key Scriptures (Bible verses) on loving your enemies:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

But the bible never said to kill them, right ??  It said not to fellowship with Pagan worshipers like Muslims. Love them , help them but do not allow them bring their destructive heresies into your midst !!

Hmm, But Jesus referred to SATAN as the father of LIES and lying was listed as one of the worst sins that God hates.

On the other hand Mo was a habitual liar, yep, I said it , not to make you angry though I know this will flare you up. it is fact that he lied to all and sundry.

We know that the Bible can give contradictory instructions
Obasanjo recently said Proverbs advise that People should not respond to mad people
The next verse advise they should be responded to
You can always pick those you like and hide those that do not support your position
And we know that Christians tell us the entire Bible is inspired
They make a lot of fundamental assertions using the Old Testament
But quickly distance themselves when the acts of violence in the Old Testament are pointed out
My point is, why were those things in the Old Testament inspired

Here the Bible applauds killing
Hebrews is in the New Testament BTW
Hebrews 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all
And he got 10% of war booty

You cite passages of forgiveness.

But Jesus told us that Christians will reject non-Christians.

Mathew 10 : 34 - 39
“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

The above gives Christians the right to shun non-Christians

Furthermore,

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, 'I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,' says the Lord. 'And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' Says the Lord Almighty."

Revelations 6 : 10
We also see in the book of revelations that Christians do not truly forgive. The dead keep up the harrasment
"“How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”
A forgiving soul would say something different, wouldn't it

Mathew 8 : 5-13
When Jesus baptised the Roman Centurion who said he had soldiers under him
Jesus was amazed at the amount of faith the soldier displayed, but the soldier was not counselled as to how to fight wars
Yet we know that Romans were among the most brutal warriors in all mankind

So when, as you claim, Muslims are pagans who should not be allowed to infect Christians with their "heresies", do you think Muslims believe in your trinity which is similar to idolatry?
Beseeching Allah through an intermediary is a great sin.
BTW, so when you live with Muslims how do you ensure they do not spread their "heresies"

We know, you just burn them at the stakes. We saw that during the inquisition
We remember people were forced to convert to Christianity or expelled from Spain under Queen Isabella
These days, you persecute and make it difficult to practise their religion
because it is not fashionable anymore to burn people publicly
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by BetaThings: 7:13am On Sep 26, 2011
londoner:

This is very sad, and deliberately provocative by some Muslim elements in Nigeria.

I find the fact that some people are immediately heaping the "blame" on the Igbo victims for being in the "north"  a crime in itself.

For those saying it is robbery, how many robbers leave all valuables behind? To me this discounts the possibility that they were armed robbers, because that would make it even more absurd.

It is sad and heartless for anyone to ask what some people are doing in the North. There are Northerners in the South afterall.

My worry is that the story may not be accurate. I agree that it is curious. But really who are the witnesses to the event who told Vanguard these details

Look at these two accounts of the same event

Vice chancellor averts religious crisis at Ibadan university
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5607292-147/vice_chancellor_averts_religious_crisis_at.csp
A 400-level law student of the institution, Seun Bunmi Adegunsoye, was said to have almost provoked tension, as she intruded on a Jumat service going on at a mosque within the university community, shouting ‘accept Jesus’.

Ms Adegunsoye, a Christian evangelical and a student of the Law faculty, nearly disrupted the ongoing service led by the institution’s chief imam, Abdulrahman Oloyede, as she continued screaming, “Except you accept Christ in your life, you are not safe. All of you here, no matter the number of the congregation, accept Jesus Christ. Allah is not God; Jesus is Lord”.

Muslim students paralyse academic activities in UI
THE stir caused by a female student who [b]allegedl[/b]y preached against Islam during a Jumat service in the University of Ibadan mosque, has led to the paralysis of all academic and commercial activities in the institution.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/muslim-students-paralyse-academic-activities-in-ui/

My point - the press should be careful in reporting the truth. Otherwise needless death might arise from false reporting

As for this case, I hope a more accurate report will come out
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Rafaell(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Onlytruth, no need 2bust ur blood buble ova these anarchists; lik U ritely said, "let us al reserv enegy & resourcs 4d greata & mo puposeful evnts dt wil be unfoldin very soonest. They tink bloodlettin's d sole reserv of only one group of pple.

@ndu_ch, stop deceivn ursef; d thread aint abt nigerian traders killd, topic states clearly: "5 IGBO traders killd 4failin 2recit d quoran"
Not 2wory, NL wil stil b here afta dsintegration wen d sharia-infestd fa.gots of d North wil b relegatd 2d Sahara Desertrth wil b relegatd 2d Sahara Desert
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Mobsync(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
5 killed for failing to recite Quran

The five people believed to be Igbo traders were said to have been shot dead at Madala Market on Thursday Night between 7 – 8pm.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that the yet to be identified gunmen were said to have stormed the Madala market and made straight to a shop believed to be that of some Igbo traders and ordered them to recite the Holy Quran of which they could not.

The gunmen who were not satisfied with the development opened fire on the five people at close range leaving them dead immediately.
An alarm which was raised by other traders close to the shop where the five people were killed attracted passers by who sent a distress call to the Divisional Police Officer Suleja where a detachment of armed police were drafted to the scene.

However, before the police men could arrive the spot, the gunmen had already fled, leaving their casualties in their own blood.

The five casualties were later identified as John Kalu, Oliver Ezemah, Uche Nguweze, Sunday Emmanuel while fifth casualty was yet to be identified as at the time of going to press.

The identity of the gunmen are yet to be ascertained by people of the town and even the police who have swung into investigation.

An eye witness account told our correspondent no valuables were removed from the shop of the victims after they might have been gun down which invariably confirms that the gunmen were not armed robbers but suspected to be Boko Haram sect members.

Niger State police Command spokesman ASP Richard Adamu Oguche confirmed the story but could not also ascertain the originality of the gunmen.

He assured that police in the state are on top of the issue and called on the people in the state especi

Let's not be biased, does the story make sense and how did people around know it was b'cos they couldn't recite the Qur'an?
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2011
I am tired of this kind of posting, It is simple, If a place is not religious friendly.GET THE FUCKOUT OF THERE, I BLAME NO BODY IF THE STORY IS TRUE, SICKEN NIGERIA
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Castrodogy: 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
All those Islamic fools, Should get ready soon, For they shall atone for all their crimes. They are nothing but criminals, Cowards and illiterates. No wonder poverty and diseases has become their companion.

As for those of you saying no sympathies, you better stop Ranting because soon you will either be Crippled or amputated, you know that is your portion, Hausa's are meant to rule cattle and not man.

We Ibos will keep on making money to help you beggars, For that is your profession. Keep on begging from morning to nite, then you will end up under the tire of a trailer. You Islams know Evil and Evil Knows you, It will always be your Best friend.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by OneNaira6: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2011
North Nigerian Muslims are the worst Human beings on Earth. Why spill blood of innocent people over religion? May God punish them.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by manny4life(m): 4:07am On Sep 27, 2011
@Beta Things,

You're somewhat confused

2 The 1: 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
2Th. 1:9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

Did you read the beginning of the Bible before writting what you put up; just in case YOU MISSED THE MEMO, here it is.
Greetings

Paul, Silvanus and Timothy - Paul was prophet, Silvanus (co-worker) and Timothy was his adopted apprentice (spiritual son).
To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just in case you dd not know, Thessalonians was a church and Paul the Apostle wrote a letter to the elders of the church about God's Judgement and his GLORY. So please, how does that apply to present day non-believers including Muslims? The Bible was VERY clear to whom the letter was addressed to, please when NEXT you quote the Bible, quote it like it is, VERY IMPORTANT!

Here the Bible applauds killing
Hebrews is in the New Testament BTW
Hebrews 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

Now I see you are really confused, read the Bible thoroughly before jumping into conclusions. Abraham NEVER went to war, however, that was the only way to save his nephew otherwise he would have been kild; Melchizedek was the King of righteousness, a high priest of the most high and he blessed Abraham because he brought a 1/10th part (called tites). This is how he got involved; several kings of earth went to war against Sodom and Gomorrah, during the war, they took hold of Sodom, seized their produce and took LOT his nephew. One of the Hebrew who fled came to Abraham and told him that his nephew LOT was taken captive. Abraham, upon hearing the news took his servants and armed them. Abraham went to rescue his nephew LOT from the kings who had taken him captive, and he smooth them by night, took his nephew back, retrieved all his possessions as well as possessions the kings had removed from Sodom. Upon his return, he met King Melchizedek; King of righteousness and peace, there he gave 10% of his own (now what we call tites) as appreciates and thanksgiving to GOD because of the safe return of LOT his nephew, his possession, his household et al. (Ref: Genesis 14:1- end) that way, you will see the account and how it started. The Bible as you can see DID NOT support killing, get your facts straights.

Mathew 10 : 34 - 39
“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

Dude, this chapter just shows how further hat you just don't get it. The sword that our Lord Jesus Christ talk about is the Word of God (see Hebrew 4 vs 12, for the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than two edged sword. Isaiah 49:2, for he has made my mouth like a sharp sword, still talking about the word of God). He said he did not come to earth to bring peace, read the two verses up (32 and 33) where it says about confession of your sins and following God and whoever denies him, he will deny before his father. He said that when you confess him, that you will have your own trials, (a burden every christian carries). The peace he talks about is those who do NOT accept the word, and the SWORD is the word of GOD.He even went on to say can two work together except they agree? That's why he said he who loves his father, mother, sister more than he does our Lord Jesus is NOT worth of him. So please seek understanding before you type these things

"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, 'I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,' says the Lord. 'And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' Says the Lord Almighty."

Again, you are missing it.

This is a simple verse, what has light and darkness got to do? Paul wasn't saying Christians should not mix with them (1 Cor 5, 9-10, 1Cor 7, 12 to 13, etc). What St. Paul was talking about was that Christians SHOULD NOT COMPROMISE THEIR FAITH in business and believers should avoid situations that will divide their loyalties. For instance, a thief if you compromise your faith with, it means you fall out of glory with God. Anything evil that the world detest let alone what our Lord Jesus rebukes is not worth the entanglement. As you see my friend, no one will is shunning anyone.

We also see in the book of revelations that Christians do not truly forgive. The dead keep up the harrasment
"“How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”
A forgiving soul would say something different, wouldn't it

This is simple, our Lord God knows that wickedness prevails on earth; who are you to speak for the dead? A forgiving soul would or not say something different because it's same GOD who said, I will fight your battle and you will hold your peace (Ex 14:14). When Islamic terrorist kill innocent Christians and then you'll come to me to preach forgiveness, yeah Christians will forgive but that does not mean God's word will come back to him unaccomplished (whoever digs a pit, will fall into it and whoever breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite Exc 10, 8 and 9).
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by NegroNtns(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2011
Lets not jump to foolish conclusions because this incident may very well be an act to settle scores between feuding parties. Why was that particular shop targeted when there are countless other shops operated by Igbos in the market? Unfortunately, we may never know the truth because of our incompetent criminal investigators.

ndu_chuks,

Regardless of the undercurrent issue, do you see recitation of the Quran as some sort of civic-based test to legitimize presence in the North?
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by mozele(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ogbonaikenna:
My igbo brothers are very stupi.d. They would rather die than to leave the north

It is not all about coming down to the east. If we return back to the east are there measures put in place to take care of us and our families without looking at us as burdens?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Peddler Nabbed With Heroin, Cocaine And 'ice" In India / Car Thief Nabbed By The Police In Yenagoa After He Was Arrested For Same Crime / Police Denounce Burning Of Fulani Herdsmen's Houses In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.