Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 (3141 Views)

Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / Mercedes 230 SLK on auction (price N450k) / Overheating In Cars!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 by chiomaa1: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2011
good day all pls what are the causes of overheating in a vehicle. My mercedes benz 230e all of a sudden has gone above the normal level, can i get any help?
Re: What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2011
When was the last time you overhauled your cooling system?

Start by going back to the basic which will include infra red measurement of the actual temperature (to verify if your gauge is accurate) but I doubt that is available in Nigeria. Make sure that there is no obstruction in front of the radiator (fans are working?), no coolant leaks alongs the hose clamps, etc (it is a sealed system), that you have proper coolant, etc

Not sure on the Benzo, but if external water pump, is it leaking from the weep hole?

Above all, before your next post is one looking for a new engine, make sure you pay attention to this as it could easily lead to catastrophic engine damage at worst or a blown head gasket at best.
Re: What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 by Joy2Dwise: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2011
Faulty radiator cover, weak or faulty top gasket, faulty fan, etc

(1) (Reply)

Renault Duster 2011 Model(brand New) / Wat Kinda Rim Shud I Fit On My Corolla Guys! / Nissan Amanda,infinity Qx56 Or Fx35 Which One Clearly Gives More Prestige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.