Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (226463 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Navier_Stokes:
with a good measure of luck, Cranfield might accept a 2-2 as well,(at the end of the day, the decision becomes a function of the resulting competition from applications)

I doubt it but he can try sha.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by neddelux(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
naijababe:

I know this is coming a bit late but you might still find the info useful.

Subsea engineering - Cranfield Uni but their minimum requirement is a 2.1
Pipeline '' - Newcastle Uni, but with a 2.2 they may ask you to do a pgd first before letting go on to the full MSc
Corrosion '' - Manchester Uni has a very strong and well respected program and as far as I know will accept a 2.2, that may have changed now though. I think this course is the best for you given your background. The other two are more suited to Mech. engineers.
[color=#006600][quote author=naijababe
Thank u very much. This info will really help me a lot.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by whatweneed: 1:22am On Jul 11, 2013
Hi
this job thing! God help us all, anyway i hope this information will be helpful to somebody.

(1)vacancy for the position of a marketing manager
* He/She should who is able to coordinate other people
* should have up to 3yr working experiences
* should be able to design ways of meetig the target audience
* solution oriented
qualification: Bs.c/ Hnd other certificate will be an added advantage

(2)the position of a marketing officer
* should be able to meet target
* out spoken and should be fluent in English language
* should have integrity
* should be subject to authority
qulification: Bs.c/ Hnd other certificate will be an added advantage

send your CV to info@legacyprime.com or legacy.prime@yahoo.com

company's name is legacy prime. the are into trainings
i belive this is a good one if you are interest. i wish you the best
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by therealMcCain: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
hello house

I've a Beng in electrical/electronics Eng with a weak CGP of 2.58. I'm 28yrs. i'm currently working in a Gas Plant construction project, as an instrument technician with 1yr 5months experience.

I plan to go for my masters in 2014 abroad, i'm looking at Msc in instrumentation or enginering management or process control or automation.

Am beginning to discover that most schools abroad don't consider 2:2, so pls what are my options, I don't want to do 1yr pdg before masters that will gulp a lot of money

I know I misused my undergraduate opportunity but I want to correct all that now, my aim is to get a job in any of the multinational companies

Any ideas as to the best career path, choice of study, country(US & Uk) & school

Thanks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by orgasticdance: 4:16am On Jul 24, 2013
^^whatever you do, don't go t the uk..just saying
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by therealMcCain: 5:42am On Jul 24, 2013
^^^ thanks but why if i may ask
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by coldubako(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Please I need help.

I'm a graduate of Elect/Elect and seriously seeking for employment.

I have some exposures in power systems control as I have worked at PHCN. I also have some exposures in process control and automation, I have good knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) particularly Omron and little of Siemens.

Can someone help my budding career. I'm presently out of job.I just need help; Any link, reference, advice,internship (with or without payment)or any of such will be greatly appreciated . I am presently in Lagos. I still possess other skills in computing and systems networking. I can give details; However, my email is: profdanny1@gmail.com

Please help me from this burn-out experience.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
therealMcCain: hello house

I've a Beng in electrical/electronics Eng with a weak CGP of 2.58. I'm 28yrs. i'm currently working in a Gas Plant construction project, as an instrument technician with 1yr 5months experience.

I plan to go for my masters in 2014 abroad, i'm looking at Msc in instrumentation or enginering management or process control or automation.

Am beginning to discover that most schools abroad don't consider 2:2, so pls what are my options, I don't want to do 1yr pdg before masters that will gulp a lot of money

I know I misused my undergraduate opportunity but I want to correct all that now, my aim is to get a job in any of the multinational companies

Any ideas as to the best career path, choice of study, country(US & Uk) & school

Thanks

Not true! University of Manchester will accept a 2.2 for entry into their instrumentation program

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Rare(m): 2:47am On Jul 25, 2013
O'neil:
Thanks a lot for your reply Debosky and Naijababe.
That sounds like something I'll like to be involved in. Do you know anything about visa rules in US and Canada? I just rounded my MSc in London were I currently reside, my visa expires at the end of January after which I'm expected to vacate this place. My internship program with JP Morgan in the US begins in March and there's no guaranteed permanent employment afterwards. What are my chances of securing a job there in the US or Canada upon completion of the program? A friend of mine is currently on the program was given an 18 month visa, so I think I'll be given the same. That leaves me with an extra 6 months to arrange myself somewhere. I heard US is as stiff as UK even worse. What tips can you give for other areas like Canada or Dubai? My ultimate goal is 9ja but as you know, oil jobs are bit too competitive..

Hi O'neil....I can speak for Canada.
It seems your career is in the Finance area. If you can demonstrate one year of continuous work experience, you may be eligible to apply to permanent residency in Canada while you are in your internship
See the link for details of the program. "Financial and investment analysts" are eligible http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp#list

Goodluck !
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by swiftguy1: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
dawtune: Hello Nairalanders, I want to ask this, is it possible for a graduate of Microbiology with 2:1 be eligible to do his masters in Petroleum Engineering? Thanks.

Its possible, but u have to go through a postgraduate diploma.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by orgasticdance: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
therealMcCain: ^^^ thanks but why if i may ask
i think most hard science --engineering, math, physics--guys who go to the states/canada on average have better opportunities. but i know some engineering peeps who were also lucky in uk, but thayt was before cameron started going gaga.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
orgasticdance:
i think most hard science --engineering, math, physics--guys who go to the states/canada on average have better opportunities. but i know some engineering peeps who were also lucky in uk, but thayt was before cameron started going gaga.

Forget what you read in the news papers, there's are still companies out there who won't bat an eyelid to process visa for you if you have the right qualifications. Jobs wey dem dey struggle to fill here in Abz town undecided

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by hobat4cash(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Please who has an idea if Total will will inform u of your performance during their Aptitude Test, i.e whether you were successful or not.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by orgasticdance: 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
naijababe:

Forget what you read in the news papers, there's are still companies out there who won't bat an eyelid to process visa for you if you have the right qualifications. Jobs wey dem dey struggle to fill here in Abz town undecided
Aberdeen na exception, no?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 12:34am On Jul 27, 2013
naijababe:

Lots sef. But not when you go study some obscure course that simply has oil and gas in its title. Many oil and gas job roles are tagged shortage occupations for good reason.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by orgasticdance: 9:36am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 1miccza: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2013
Bro s aw can u guys help out,I am a graduate of chemical engineering (2.2), I had my internship in a servicing firm,I have a GHSE certificate,aw can u help out??
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:07am On Aug 10, 2013
Hi guys..... I am a Civil Engineering graduate with a 2.1 frm a reputable University, Currently working wth lagos state govt, but will be going for M.SC by next year in USA. I love oil and gas sector but the competition is so high dat almost everybody wnts to enta d secotor.................. STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING is my research area. cheers!!!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by princeduke2013: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2013
took close to.3 hours to read d whole post and Im reali thriled.pls someone should help mi
I'm an anatomist with a 2.2.I hav someone dat is ready to help mi to get a job in a oil company but I'm confused with which oil sector dat wil readily absorb my course.anatomy deals with d human body.I'm so confused.someone pls help mi
dis is a life tym opportunity.is it possible to work in d manahement or administrative sector
I'm a confused man.hellpppppppp. or can Is it possible to do my masters in finance
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
princeduke 2013: took close to.3 hours to read d whole post and Im reali thriled.pls someone should help mi
I'm an anatomist with a 2.2.I hav someone dat is ready to help mi to get a job in a oil company but I'm confused with which oil sector dat wil readily absorb my course.anatomy deals with d human body.I'm so confused.someone pls help mi
dis is a life tym opportunity.is it possible to work in d manahement or administrative sector
I'm a confused man.hellpppppppp. or can Is it possible to do my masters in finance
In as much as you have seen someone 2 help you, don't get DUPED!
For ur question, there are some department in any O&G firms that are nt Certificate choosey! I know someone that studied Biochemistry and he's working in Travels, also all the HSE peeps i know didn't study safety related course as their first degree.. Departments like Business Development, New Ventures also exist.. So, oil and gas coy is not only about Engineering!

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by princeduke2013: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
davide470:
In as much as you have seen someone 2 help you, don't get DUPED!
For ur question, there are some department in any O&G firms that are nt Certificate choosey! I know someone that studied Biochemistry and he's working in Travels, also all the HSE peeps i know didn't study safety related course as their first degree.. Departments like Business Development, New Ventures also exist.. So, oil and gas coy is not only about Engineering!

thanks buddy.u really enlightened mi.d person can't dupe mi.no money involved.but pls do you have any idea about mayb I can also aply as business administrator? d person gave mi an assignment to find out myself about oil companies.b4 comin to meet him.thnks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
princeduke 2013:

thanks buddy.u really enlightened mi.d person can't dupe mi.no money involved.but pls do you have any idea about mayb I can also aply as business administrator? d person gave mi an assignment to find out myself about oil companies.b4 comin to meet him.thnks
Being an administrator is cool, but you will need some experience b4 dt part,I would say go for HR, (training and development section), well, depending on how large d firm is.. They do the fun stuff (training, organising and re-organising et al)
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by princeduke2013: 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
davide470:
Being an administrator is cool, but you will need some experience b4 dt part,I would say go for HR, (training and development section), well, depending on how large d firm is.. They do the fun stuff (training, organising and re-organising et al)

thanks buddy.u make senses.HR as in human recruitment right.remember ooo.I'm an anatomist.I'm planin applyin for HRE and from der I wil start my msc in HRE.what do u think
Re or Hre.mi wan run comoth from anatomy entirely
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by lolade123: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2013
Big thumps up to Ajanlekoko,jarus and t22
Pls guys,am currently studying Agricultural & Environmental Engineering at d Premier University. Would like to know if there is an opportunity for me in d O n G companies OR should i go for a Msc abroad n which appropriate course.
Thanks n God bless
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2013
Everybody wants to be in the Oil and Gas sector, nawa o!

Me sef; Am a marraige matters and counselling expert, can I work in an Oil and gas coy? As in, which field in the sector is ready to absorb someone like me? tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by infinitycane: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Please who has an idea of how much an entry level engineer salary is with an oil & gas (pipeline and facilities) EPC company. Eg Oilserv, Lois burton etc .
How much will be payed to a Bsc holder.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 27naira(m): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2013
odikwa egwu!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Mote2(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2013
lolade123: Big thumps up to Ajanlekoko,jarus and t22
Pls guys,am currently studying Agricultural & Environmental Engineering at d Premier University. Would like to know if there is an opportunity for me in d O n G companies OR should i go for a Msc abroad n which appropriate course.
Thanks n God bless

Was just passing by n I saw ur post... Am in the Premier University too... Studying Petroleum Engineering, just had to kinda holler.. N am pretty sure there r opportunities for u O & G coys as an Environmental Engineer... U could come see the Career counsellor in my department.. Hope av helped somehow.. Nice to meet a fellow Techite n Uiite anytime...
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by caesare: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
I am an undergraduate of Gas Engineering due to graduate this year pending on the ASUU strike,and i am thinking of registering for short courses and certifications by jan next year while waitng for NYSC(which will begin by november or june if i am lucky) but dont really know which one is best and which is a hot demand in the industry... although i plan to go for a masters degree abroad after that(NYSC) in either gas engineering or drilling...pls can i get some advise....thanks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2013
@ caesare

It all depends on what kind of work you want to do - in general, graduate jobs don't require certifications as you'll be trained in-house to match the job you are assigned to. The key is to pass the tests/interviews to get the job in the first place.

If you're just looking for something to tide you over for a few months, I can recommend a few things to give you some useful working knowledge, though it may not directly help in getting you a job.

If you're not familiar with it, I would recommend spending some time studying CRANE 410 - flow of fluids through valves, fittings and pipe. You can download an earlier edition here: http://jadelltd.com/wa_files/Crane_20Flow_20of_20Fluids_20-_20SI_20Units.pdf

In terms of what is in hot demand for graduates, I'd recommend subsea engineering for a Masters degree. Do your research and see if it's something you may be interested in.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by caesare: 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
thanks@ debosky. really appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.