Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,670 members, 7,889,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (225530 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by caesare: 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
i am writing my final year project which is on :CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES OF GAS ENGINEERS IN NIGERIAN OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY. pls i would like information from anyone on the topic to help me out. my email is dacymer4real@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2013
^^ Shouldn't your gas engineering final year project be focused on addressing a technical issue or doing research into a particular area? undecided
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2013
debosky: ^^ Shouldn't your gas engineering final year project be focused on addressing a technical issue or doing research into a particular area? undecided
I wonder oo. I will advise that he rejects the topic and go for a technical topic.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by caesare: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^i originally had something on skin effect in mind, but my supervisor published his own list of topics and i chose this one because other ones were either petroleum inclined or involved research practical and tests which my school lab isnt properly equipped for,added to that is the fact that no one has ever done something on this particular topic in my department . if you have anything in mind pls kindly share. thanks once again
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
This topic will add little or nothing to your technical understanding as a gas engineer - do something that stretches you and develops you technically instead of just writing a general essay on challenges and opportunities.

As a suggestion - you can look into various production and consumption scenarios that would affect the Nigerian Gas Master Plan (NGMP) - the following link should provide you with a headstart http://www.advocaat-law.com/userfilesadvocaat/file/Advocaat-Gas%20Masterplan.pdf

The current plan calls for 3 main central processing facilities - you can pick one of these and do an analysis on how various projects may impact or change the capacity/pipeline infrastructure related to each facility.

For example - if OKLNG doesn't get built, what impact does that have on the western gas transmission system? What pipeline capacity will be required for Lagos based on forecast economic growth/gas consumption? Is it better to have one big pipeline to Lagos or two smaller ones?

Try to stretch yourself a bit - I know there are challenges, but you can still strive for excellence within those constraints.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
debosky: This topic will add little or nothing to your technical understanding as a gas engineer - do something that stretches you and develops you technically instead of just writing a general essay on challenges and opportunities.

As a suggestion - you can look into various production and consumption scenarios that would affect the Nigerian Gas Master Plan (NGMP) - the following link should provide you with a headstart http://www.advocaat-law.com/userfilesadvocaat/file/Advocaat-Gas%20Masterplan.pdf

The current plan calls for 3 main central processing facilities - you can pick one of these and do an analysis on how various projects may impact or change the capacity/pipeline infrastructure related to each facility.

For example - if OKLNG doesn't get built, what impact does that have on the western gas transmission system? What pipeline capacity will be required for Lagos based on forecast economic growth/gas consumption? Is it better to have one big pipeline to Lagos or two smaller ones?

Try to stretch yourself a bit - I know there are challenges, but you can still strive for excellence within those constraints.
Yea, go for something that will add value to you. Your final year project is very important. You will most likely refer to it during postgraduate admissions and scholarship interviews, job interviews, etc. For example, you will make a technical presentation if you go for Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) which most likely will be your final year project. Besides, most interviewers in major oil coys will ask you about your final year project. I can go on and on but I stop here.
If you have the opportunity to change, please do change. But if not possible, it's fine. Just put in your best and slam an A. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by isidollarboy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
x-fire:

Yea, go for something that will add value to you. Your final year project is very important. You will most likely refer to it during postgraduate admissions and scholarship interviews, job interviews, etc. For example, you will make a technical presentation if you go for Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) which most likely will be your final year project. Besides, most interviewers in major oil coys will ask you about your final year project. I can go on and on but I stop here.
If you have the opportunity to change, please do change. But if not possible, it's fine. Just put in your best and slam an A. Cheers
please bro do you know how much an entry level(hnd) workers of NNPC earns??
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by isaacz: 7:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Please any info abt total aptitude test for engineers? Is it Gmat....?please
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by yungreezy: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello guys, please what would be the advise of the house for someone who studied Information Technology and with a 2.1 on getting into the Oil and gas field. What are the chances and advice on how to put yourself in a good position to get in the sector? Also is it ok to do masters in an oil related course with IT as first degree?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by isidollarboy(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2013
isidollarboy: please bro do you know how much an entry level(hnd) workers of NNPC earns??
please o house , somebody should respond to my post....
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by kaima1984(f): 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Yes and yes.
I think for the MNCs, experience only counts for the field workers - drillers, riggers, reservoir and facilities people. I know someone who was recently hired as a driller for $15k a month, on a 2-year contract.
But for the aptitude test crowd, it's more or less your level of education, then maybe type and class of degree. So someone who already has a masters degree or Phd, with no work experience, will earn more, and will be on a different level than someone with just a Bsc. Makes sense though, advanced degrees can stand in stead of experience in my view.
B.Sc just?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Hese: 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pliz house,I am writing dis total aptitude for OND holders on saturday at Lagos.What kind of question should i expect?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by KEHINDESML(m): 7:00am On Oct 15, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]CAREERDPE was initiated by STRUCTURAL SOLUTION TRAINING SCHOOL UK & NIGERIA on March 16th, 2013 to reskill and empower people through professional trainings, foundation courses, internship & job opportunity, work placement (both local & international), and business opportunity.

The scheme believes that “What differentiates the rich, average and poor is “opportunity”. In most cases opportunity is a function of information we receive.”. CAREERDPE has partnered with many organisations, companies and notable individuals to bring all our missions to manifestation, and will continue to associate with more partners.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by paulooma(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2013
wow, I took my time to read all through the post and am particularly impressed with the Total packaging. I wrote an aptitude test for operator at Total Nigeria and expecting result for the next phase......praying to God that it all turn out good....i got my heart on this...Happy Ileya Nairalanderz
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Hese: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2013
Hello house! I wrote dis technician training aptitude test on Oct 12 at lagos.For the next phase of the screening, we were told dat it is technical skill test.Pliz house,anyone that knows how d next phase of total E&P recruitment is like should pliz help out.Thank u o'o'o'.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by bluuu: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
'V been reading this thread and i must say u guys are doing a great job. thanks everyone. I'm an undergraduate(400l) studying petroleum engineering. i need advice on which course to study for my masters(drilling,production,reservoir, project mgt etc). i want to work in the petroleum industry.Also, wat advice can u give to me that will be valuable to me.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nastydamus(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
I must say everyday I come here, there's something new to learn.
Started work about four months ago with one of the servicing firms but I've got to say, the stress associated with the job is unprecedented.
Monday to Saturday is what a typical work week looks like.
I'm in the MWD/LWD department so there's always a tool that needs to be loaded out.
Funny thing is most of us trainees also aspire to switch to Total some day as we 'believe' whatever stress we face there will be adequately compensated for with remuneration. Is this a gross misconception?
The wealth of experience in my unit is priceless though, as is the quality of info on this thread.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by emperorgwin: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
@nastydamus, pls how much does your oil servicing company pay?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by delbourg: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Pls house what is the salary range for graduate trainees at NLNG,An unconfirmed report has it that they currently pay the highest for 'experienced engineers' among the upstream companies;even higher than TOTAL
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
delbourg: Pls house what is the salary range for graduate trainees at NLNG,An unconfirmed report has it that they currently pay the highest for 'experienced engineers' among the upstream companies;even higher than TOTAL
All the 6 Trains of NLNG is functional today because of gas being supplied from Total, Shell and Eni fields. So can the egg be more richer in nutrient than the chicken?? Get your facts right, bro
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by delbourg: 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
@davide470 ...'Just being curious but Total,Eni and Shell are shareholders in NLNG
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by italkmoses(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hese: Hello house! I wrote dis technician training aptitude test on Oct 12 at lagos.For the next phase of the screening, we were told dat it is technical skill test.Pliz house,anyone that knows how d next phase of total E&P recruitment is like should pliz help out.Thank u o'o'o'.
Did you survive this stage through to the the next stage?

If yes, have they started inviting for the third stage; I mean the Interview?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
italkmoses: Did you survive this stage through to the the next stage?

If yes, have they started inviting for the third stage; I mean the Interview?
according to the info given during d 2nd stage, interview starts on 11th November. have u receive any mail after the 2nd stage or has any one recieve...?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tmosco(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
just finished my nysc, i studied petroleum eng an came out with a 2.2. want to do M.SC to boost my job opportunities.the problem is i don't know what to study for the m.sc.I thinking of diverting to chemical,computer of just remain in the petroleum line.My main concern now is to get job.pls need your advice
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by jerikoyan(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Please house i want to ask if their is any hydrographic surveyor in the house or someone that has an ideal of what it entails I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ interms of job prospects, training and salary
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Most folks working in total have got Msc abroad but they pay atleast 850k for entry staff.

Even from an insider, their Human Resources said if don't have M.sc they will just dump ur CV in d bin.

Total workers are big boys. They pay up to 2M!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
tanimola22: Hi House Members, Good evening to all of you!

Someone recently told me that the[b] yearly[/b] take home pay of an entry level engineer [/b]working for [b]Total Nigeria is 11 Million Naira. I know that Shell pays 6 Million Naira per year, but I find it difficult to believe that Total pays that much.

House, please tell me what you know. I will be happy to be apprised. Let the debate start, abeg.

Thanks.

We discussed this 2 years ago.

Well, today, things have changed. I don't know teh figure today, but I think Shell now pays way more than 6m for entry level. Even in independents like mine, entry level is just a little short of 6m.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Front page??

Oga Jarus, be ready to answer more questions on Oil and gas o, seriously, expect like a hundred mails o.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
The focus has been pay pay pay and it can be very very misleading. There are many factors one should consider before taking the plunge. You cannot have it all and depending on which role you are taking you have to be careful when you look at money.
Some companies at entry level might not pay so well but have better industry recognised training programs than others, at entry level this should be a bigger draw than where you would seat to be a glorified house boy taking instructions from HQ.
When I have time and energy I would expound more.

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
faakay: Most folks working in total have got Msc abroad but they pay atleast 850k for entry staff.

Even from an insider, their Human Resources said if don't have M.sc they will just dump ur CV in d bin.

Total workers are big boys. They pay up to 2M!

Had a training in Total Office @ Churchgate once on Control systems, and the guy that handled it told us he had 2 MSc's abroad

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by cheapgadgets6: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
Everybody wana chop frm d oil money.....au can an elect elect engr undergraduate pursue a career in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by clnzo: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
tanimola22:

@The one, pepper almost entered my brain while I was eating and reading your post at the same time. You just corroborated @Gideonyte's statement. Kai, kai kai. What would we now say of someone with 15 years work experience who got into Total when he/she was 22-24 years old? Kai, Total international enlightenment day in Paris will not pass me! If na ticket we go buy, we will buy am.

Between, please I did not get this part of your post `5 years experience [b]wc[/b]'. Could you kindly explain?

Thanks, guy easy o!work no b gra gra!it will com wen it wona com.
T22.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.