Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,744 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:32 AM

David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 (33797 Views)

20 Clean Sheets: Ederson And Becker Share The Castrol Golden Glove Awards / David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup / David De Gea Wins Manchester United 'player Of The Year Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by crossbreedwears(m): 3:15am On May 14, 2023
You don't know anything about football! The award goes to the Goal keeper with the highest number of clean sheet in a single season.
Kenmatt:
I actually don't understand these People at all.

Dave that I have been watching week in week out, Dave that has been a calamity for MANU at the back.

The three Men that ought to have left Manu after Paul and Christiano left; Dave, Luke and Weghost or so....
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by davidtemi(m): 4:36am On May 14, 2023
Nazgul:
I still don't understand why Spain didn't carry this guy to the world cup. Their loss sha.

Weldon de Gea, next season premier league belongs to us.
De gea is d number 1 poorest goalkeeper (this season). If he manage to win d award then thanks to his defenders
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Reference(m): 5:14am On May 14, 2023
Hmmm....may have brilliantly saved a lot... but some that he conceded particularly at critical periods were just calamitous...the stuff of butt jokes.

Abeg leave golden gloves to to other sports like boxing... the criteria for selection is wack.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Reference(m): 5:17am On May 14, 2023
davidtemi:

De gea is d number 1 poorest goalkeeper (this season). If he manage to win d award then thanks to his defenders

.....defenders.. grin, abeg don't start before this thread is derailed...hahahaha...

1 Like

Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Goalnaldo(m): 5:58am On May 14, 2023
obedience4:

When you form your own league you can choose what ever criteria you want. Till than keep your bias analysis to your self
he is right. A goalkeeper can be in a match and make no save. Havent you seen that before? The team then wins with cleansheet which is a collective work of the defenders/players. Giving the keeper the glory in that type of situation is totally wrong.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by April232023: 6:01am On May 14, 2023
MrDoGood:

India invented school?

That's so wrong

Then china invented paper 📜 grin
That is not wrong. If you do a deep research, you would know that is true. American's did not Invent school, they only invented the modern school system

1 Like

Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by April232023: 6:02am On May 14, 2023
MrDoGood:

India invented school?

That's so wrong
That is not wrong. If you do a deep research, you would know that is true. American's did not Invent school, they only invented the modern school system.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by davillian(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2023
Kingcalls:

But they said Ronaldo was the problem, despite scoring 18 league goals ...Rashford is still on 16 and he's their top scorer

If the goals are coming then the mid fielders and attackers are doing Thier job...
Man united finds it difficult to defend Thier goals which is as a result of bad defenders.....
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by davillian(m): 6:28am On May 14, 2023
crossbreedwears:
You don't know anything about football! The award goes to the Goal keeper with the highest number of clean sheet in a single season.
Clean sheet and saves....
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by 1stmojisola(m): 6:42am On May 14, 2023
Bravo! 😎
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by 1stmojisola(m): 6:44am On May 14, 2023
Hin clean sheet no con help hin team 😂😲
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Stevedison(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2023
Kenmatt:

Dave that I have been watching week in week out, Dave that has been a calamity for MANU at the back.

The three Men that ought to have left Manu after Paul and Christiano left; Dave, Luke and Weghost or so....

David De Gea is a good keeper. Man plays for the club with his heart. You can axe Wheghorst but not Dave please.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Ray07(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2023
Kenmatt:

Luke Shaw ?
You must be kidding.

1 Like

Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Ray07(m): 7:19am On May 14, 2023
Jokerman:
Great.

He has been Man Utd saviour for a long time, but just because of a shaky season, some people are calling for his head...

Instead of them to ask their coach to change his tactics and in game management
Ronaldo fans o . . . grin
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by FahBuLous: 7:28am On May 14, 2023
All thanks to THE BUTCHER.. You think he would have won this with maguire starting week in week out?
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Kingcalls: 7:37am On May 14, 2023
promisedeco:

With Ronaldo's 18 goals :
1. No trophy
2.Outside top 4
3. no final

With Rashford's 16 goals
1. 1 trophy
2. In a final
3. Top 4
4. Golden Glove for DDG

Choose your "goals" wisely

So how is it Ronaldos fault that the defense was a disaster last season due to Harry .... imagine Ronaldo with the type if defense they had this season .... No matter how prolific a striker is , if u have a bad defense, ur goals will most likely not save the team... Now, will u say same with spurs, despite kane hitting almost 30 league goals, but they sit 6th, level with villa .... if they had a super defense,it wud hv been a 3 horse rade for the title... if uniteds defense was as bad as last season, they wud be dragging position with Chelsea now... besides, if Liverpool , spurs and Chelsea were as good as last season , united wud hv been on 6th or 7th position
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Okoroawusa: 7:39am On May 14, 2023
This headline sef...he has not won the award yet. Abi una no read the article?
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Igboslayer: 7:41am On May 14, 2023
Jokerman:
Great.

He has been Man Utd saviour for a long time, but just because of a shaky season, some people are calling for his head...

Instead of them to ask their coach to change his tactics and in game management
ETH brought Weghorst to receive long balls from him or get knock downs from opposing defenders when Degea goes long because of his poor distributions…he should be able to fit into the coach tactics instead.

Building up from the back in the modern game is essential and the keeper must be able to use his feet and become the 11th on field player to out-maneuver the attacking threat of the opponent. If you build up successfully from the back, your final third engagement will always look like a counter attack with high XG.

Here you can either expand the field or squeeze it for the benefits of the skills sets of your attackers. Depending on the opponent defending, you have serious advantage towards goal with your full backs causing overload on either flank or midfield.

It’s a more functional system that plays everybody on the pitch. If Degea can’t fit in, he must be released. There is more to the modern game than just reflexes and shot stopping.

I am not too bothered about his obvious errors which are part of the game, his contribution to the game in terms of ball distribution, build up from the back and intelligently picking up the right players with his passes is crucial.

He must be able to hit that accurate pass from deep as often as possible that can initiate a counter attack as quickly as possible. I am sure he can reach this heights. You can see what Onana can do with his feets at Inter. He’s so comfortable and I think he’s the best goalkeeper in the world with that skill sets. Inter will win the Champions league!

3 Likes

Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Maynmann: 7:47am On May 14, 2023
April232023:
That is not wrong. If you do a deep research, you would know that is true. American's did not Invent school, they only invented the modern school system.

Define “school” and send link where india invented “school”.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by davidtemi(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2023
Reference:

.....defenders.. grin, abeg don't start before this thread is derailed...hahahaha...
grin grin
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by yomi531(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2023
Error Prone Dude!
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by yomi531(m): 8:22am On May 14, 2023
Akuruoulo:

CAN U NAME THE MATCHES WHERE DAVE COST U THE VICTORY, AND I WILL NAME MATCHES WHERE DAVE SAVES U POINTS.

EVERY GOAL KEEPER\PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES AT ONE POINT EVERY SEASON
Against Sevilla, West ham and many more...
Europa finals 2021 is the worst outing of De Gea.
Cl against barca. Messi scored him a mumu goal.
Against Watford (Deeney headed a slow ball to him only for De Gea to fall inside the net with the ball.
Many more instances bro.
De Gea in man u reminds me of the Calamitous years of Fabian Barthez and Roy Carroll at United grin
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by MrDoGood(m): 8:27am On May 14, 2023
April232023:

I'm not talking about america.

I'm talking about China and Egypt.
Do your research very well again. Because people might consume wrong information. And it's very dangerous
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by FlippersCare123(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2023
ojojonkembu:
If goalkeepers keeping most clean sheets is the criteria for winning the golden glove in EPL, that decision is wrong to me.de gea form this season is bad,take for instance the goal he concede in there last league match. for me the golden glove winner this season should be Arsenal goalkeeper,because of the great saves he has made to save arsenal in a lot of matches.the golden glove should be by saves keepers made not clean sheets because some times defenders contribute alot to clean sheets.

degea saved Manchester united ooo,haba if not for him na man u go don collapse since
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Carthaporo: 8:51am On May 14, 2023
congratulation to mah legend David digea u have done so well what a nice way to say good bye and let other people shine
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Carthaporo: 8:54am On May 14, 2023
FlippersCare123:

degea saved Manchester united ooo,haba if not for him na man u go don collapse since
David have save a lot of goals this season what's there is in life u can't be always 100% in whatever u do I guess u are not a united supporter dats why u outer such words
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Yet, United fans insult him more than Buhari! grin
Maybe people that did not know how to watch football. After all, football is not met for everyone. I greet you boss
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2023
Angelfrost:

I'm telling you...!

United fans are largely ungrateful!

Dem suppose erect statue for this young man!

Imagine a poor keeper standing behind Maguire and Lindelof for years! grin
I think the words " some United fans " needed here sir. Don't you think so? Why the generalization?😏😏😏
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by DOptical: 9:22am On May 14, 2023
He had a shaky season but still good but he needs competition sha.
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Angelfrost(m): 10:15am On May 14, 2023
Fuckingmallam45:

I think the words " some United fans " needed here sir. Don't you think so? Why the generalization?😏😏😏

Egbon mi... The 'Some' is implied there sir!

It can't be men like you! Respect!

Make una pray make Leicester come through today o!

Liverpool is gunning for that 4th position!
Re: David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 by Adex097: 11:31am On May 14, 2023
Data don't lie but you can lie with data. This is a typical example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help On Multi Goal & Other Betting Tips / Stephanie Frappart: Chelsea Vs Liverpool Super - Cup Final (Female Referee) / Kyle Walker Trolls Liverpool, Deletes Tweet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.