Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature (39208 Views)

Labour Party: Kano Judge Denies Nullifying Alex Otti's Candidature / LP: Court Nullification Of Alex Otti’s Candidature Too Late – Festus Ogun / Governor-Elect Alex Otti Calls Peter Obi "My President In Waiting" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Eriokanmi: 12:36pm On May 19, 2023
Efforts in futility. Where were they before election was conducted, if what they claimed was true in the first place? Why wait until after election was conducted and winner announced? Why wait a few days to inauguration? This is called an abuse of judicial process.

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 19, 2023
mortalincarnate:
APC AND NIGERIAN ARE JOKERS

I wonder what makes a Kano court feels it can give verdict over the Abia State election
Federal high court, oga! 🤷‍♂️

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Orbhagbemi555: 12:42pm On May 19, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Efforts in futility. Where were they before election was conducted, if what they claimed was true in the first place? Why wait until after election was conducted and winner announced? Why wait a few days to inauguration? This is called an abuse of judicial process.
E shocked you Kikiki 🤣😁 deplay

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by nairalanda1(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2023
Mehn, APC is really really despicable.

All this to prevent the people of Abia from being free from the Kalu-Orji clique.
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by jidamsel43(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2023
It's only the election tribunal can remove a winner declared by INEC
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Flangelo12: 12:44pm On May 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
Mehn, APC is really really despicable.

All this to prevent the people of Abia from being free from the Kalu-Orji clique.

They must continue with Kalu.

Didn't they return him to the senate and in fact want him as Senate President ?

grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by leanonme82: 12:44pm On May 19, 2023
mortalincarnate:
APC AND NIGERIAN ARE JOKERS

I wonder what makes a Kano court feels it can give verdict over the Abia State election

What does APC have to do with this?

The person that sued Abure to court for forging documents (which he did) was a long time LP party member who felt cheated cos they believed abure was bribed.

The person that made this suit against unelected party candidates is a PDP party member. Unfortunately for PDP, even if all obi votes are nullified as 'wasted votes' PDP still wont win the election.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Bhol28: 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
Emergency Andrew liver salt party hijackers are obviously labouring in vain.Obifool hijacked a party,imposed his clans on the real party members that have been existing for years and have mind to try and send the legitimate members away.You don buy market

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by emperor863(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
DonMarkuzi:
Who next?

All LP candidates who joined the party less than 30 days to their primaries. You can compile the list yourself but it should start with one Peter Obi.

The grandmaster said it; they have laboured in vain

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by nairalanda1(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
Flangelo12:

They must continue with Kalu.

Didn't they return him to the senate and in fact want him as Senate President ?

grin

All in all, backyard judgements are wrong.

You won't want to continue enjoying APC mess forever, do you. Am not an LP supporter, but let's be honest, APC did not win in Abia state at governorship level.
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by leanonme82: 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
jidamsel43:
It's only the election tribunal can remove a winner declared by INEC

This was a suit brought forward by a PDP member. The election votes will be voided.

3 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by blabulu2000: 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Kano court don't have jurisdiction of anything concerning Abia.

Says...who....ELU-PEE lule

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by ProphetM0hammad: 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
make them no make this country catch fire

Na your family house go catch fire
Wawa ubanka

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Flangelo12: 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

All in all, backyard judgements are wrong.

You won't want to continue enjoying APC mess forever, do you. Am not an LP supporter, but let's be honest, APC did not win in Abia state at governorship level.

APC is not claiming to have won.

Politics is not won on sentiments but setting your stall in order when due.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by blabulu2000: 12:48pm On May 19, 2023
XY23:
Lol. Simple-minded fools are celebrating the destruction of vital institutions by politicians, until their father, brothers or sisters need justice from the courts; like Seun is presently being served. In saner climes the Judiciary is sacred, but over here it's a circus.

And Ekweremadu is also being served

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Azularis: 12:48pm On May 19, 2023
This is a pre-election matter. It holds no water!

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by nairalanda1(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2023
Flangelo12:

APC is not claiming to have won.

Politics is not won on sentiments but setting your stall in order when due.

Yeah, but this judgement smells of wayo.

I'm no LP supporter, I don't like their party, but if you want to go back to 1993 when some people used backyard judgement to truncate our full transition to democracy, and gave us 5 more years of tough millitary rule..for nothing...go ahead. I'm not joining you on that journey.
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by jude33084(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2023
Biodun556:
Most labour party candidates including Peter Obi emergence as flag bearers was fraudulent

They have issues in almost every state

They joined the party late and usurp all principal positions in the party through bribery and fraud

Tinubu ask questions during campaign:

You join a party less than a month and emerged as the presidential candidate, how come?

How long Obaseki of Edo state spend in PDP before getting the ticket?
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Maghan37: 12:50pm On May 19, 2023
lhordspy:

All these small ch!ldren wey full everywhere self. Do you know what is 'federal high court' ?
Abeg help me ask him Maybe he does not realise in the hierarchy of courts high courts are the third most powerful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Starhearts: 12:52pm On May 19, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Kano court don't have jurisdiction of anything concerning Abia.

Who be diz one
Are u 4rm Pluto
It shows dat u re a kid
Please find a lawyer in ur Street to explained to u better.
It shows dat u re ignorance of d law

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Eriokanmi: 12:53pm On May 19, 2023
Coronavirus1:
Joke of the century
Don't mind them. When he was recognised by inec before election, they didn't see it. Before election proper, were they also blind? After he won the election fair and square, they didn't see it....Tinubu is really fighting dirty using the judicial tools. Apapa is losing weight already as Tinubu's camp has seen. The recent comments from apapa has clearly cleared every doubts and affirmed peoples claims that he's being sponsored to destabilise the LP.

To confirm Tinubu's hands on the Otti's matter, na H/court for kano rule on the matter not an abia H/court. Look at the name of the man challenging Otti's victory and youd burst into laughter. Awon oniranu. They'd now come for Obi over same issue. They're still playing. They're yet to know which way to penetrate Obi, after apapa mata don crash.

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Starhearts: 12:54pm On May 19, 2023
Mjshexy:
From Abia to Kano, kilode shocked
Jokers cool

Who be diz one
Are u 4rm Pluto
It shows dat u re a kid
Please find a lawyer in ur Street to explained to u better.
It shows dat u re ignorance of d law

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by adecz: 12:54pm On May 19, 2023
But APC candidates who weren't did
not even purchase nomination forms
talk less of vieing for position at a primary
are declared winners of an primary they
didn't participate in.

Ahmed Laws of Yobe State on my
fckuing mind....🤔🤔🤔🤔
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Flangelo12: 12:54pm On May 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, but this judgement smells of wayo.

I'm no LP supporter, I don't like their party, but if you want to go back to 1993 when some people used backyard judgement to truncate our full transition to democracy, and gave us 5 more years of tough millitary rule..for nothing...go ahead. I'm not joining you on that journey.

There is no wayo in it.

APC suffered the same in Rivers and Zamfara whilst Buhari was president.

I didn't see you complaining then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Mystiquefia: 12:55pm On May 19, 2023
RecentHistory:

You're very very dumb. grin
You lack basic legal knowledge. Very foolish thing.
Any other order from any High Court on this matter is an abuse of court process. The only way is to appeal
You Obidients are so stupid.

LMFAO...
Why na boss, you're wickedt gan
see finishing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Biodun556(m): 12:56pm On May 19, 2023
jude33084:

How long Obaseki of Edo state spend in PDP before getting the ticket?

I don't no much about that

But If he played his game well with those he met in the party especially at the national level, he may have no problem

2 if the people he cheated in the PDP decided not to challenge him in court.

3 it all depends all the party constitution

In the case of Peter Obi and his group that went to labour party. They didn't go about it according to laid down rules. Even in Lagos, they have case in court

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Tom1960: 12:59pm On May 19, 2023
The appeal court will upturn this judgment definitely.
Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by nairalanda1(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2023
Flangelo12:

There is no wayo in it.

APC suffered the same in Rivers and Zamfara whilst Buhari was president.

I didn't see you complaining then.

1.Bayelsa and Zamfara

2.Zamfara's case was that the party was heavily factionalized. And the laws are clear.

2.Bayelsa was due to a firm application of the law regarding candidate's names. Now, I believe the deputy governor's certificates had varying spellings of his names, and he made a mistake using varing spellings of his name, but it was still his name, yet he was removed because the coiurt decided to be very strict.

And while I did not complain, it still at the end makes things bad. If people willingly voted for a candidate, and the court says the candidate is suddenly not on the cards, it may get to a point where there would be crisis.

That's why I am bothered by this ruling. And by extension why we should be bothered by ZAMFARA and Bayelsa too.

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Eriokanmi: 1:00pm On May 19, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

E shocked you Kikiki 🤣😁 deplay
There's no shock anywhere guy. It's a joke of the century. I said same when Adeleke lost at the heavily sponsored election tribunal. Apapa mata don crash already, now the next thing is to use another tool to destabilise LP after that strategy failed. Wetin konsain aboki with wetin happen for abia? Was he sleeping all along, from pre to post election?

Apapa's comment this week had confirmed my earlier claim that he's being sponsored by tinubu to disabilise LP. Otti will do 8 years. Come back and hit me, if it turned out to be otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by Starhearts: 1:01pm On May 19, 2023
TooMuchStuff:
Labour Party really do dem shege in the core North.

They never believe that any other party that does not have their blessings can win any type of elections in Nigeria. But Peter Obi did this one.... It's painful o

Las las Otti would still win and be sworn in as Gov.

Day dreamer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Abia State Governor-Elect, Alex Otti’s Candidature by ozo13(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2023
Sergio101:
Imo State has not been the same since uzodinma's emergence.

Let them not carry this madness to Abia too
😂 imo judgment is different sir.one can liken this judgement to that of zamfara state where all APC candidate that won from governor down to state house of assembly winners were asked to step aside and Victory was given to PDP

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Blasts Senator Elisha Abbo For Slapping Nursing Mother Mercilessly / Ayo Fayose Visits President Tinubu In Aso Rock (Photos) / Profile Of Osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP Governorship Candidate In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.