Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,519 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:06 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (564724 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 9:18am On Jun 22
LionInZion:

Haha 😄
You see that Kumbhuru part got me lol. I think that's one of Justwise's first assignments now that's back.
You didn't even understand the post you quoted. How dumb.
You should settle down and read it again. It flew over you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 9:19am On Jun 22
ReesheesuKnack:
@Justwise,
Welcome back. Glad you are back. I (we) missed you.

Your absence (and explanation) has provided an insight into how Nairaland is run.
So the moderators & super mods do not have any means of communication with the Oga @ the top except via emails?

So all the mentions of the other mods, enquiring about you did not yield anything?

The sudden silence made me to fear the worst. I honestly thought something much bigger had happened to you. Well, welcome back.

PS: I sincerely entertained the thought that you had probably hibernated the Justwise persona, and reincarnated in another form (Most likely as Kumbhuru) to give us all a taste of what the thread would feel like, without a moderator.

My brother, Nnoo

Keep my username out of your fingers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 9:37am On Jun 22
mayowa94:
Please what is the best way to put in application for a retired mother and she own a business?

I think its best to state that she's retired and keep the application simple.

3 months prior to the application, I told my mum to divert all other income from her pension account aside the additional upkeep from myself and my siblings.

Her monthly pension is circa 100k and we credit additional 150k on the average to assit with her upkeep.

In the financial section, I sated that her annual income from pension is 1.2m and additional income of 1.8m from myself and siblings. Monthly expense is 230k, bank balance at the time of application was 40k.

She will spend 20k from her 40k balance to buy toys for the grand children. All other expenses will be paid by me. I stated she is coming to see and grand children,stay for 3 weeks and I plan to spend £2k. I attached 3 months bank statement for both of us, my payslip, her pension certificate. Visa was approved in 9 days in March 2024.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:49am On Jun 22
ReesheesuKnack:
@Justwise,

Your absence (and explanation) has provided an insight into how Nairaland is run.
So the moderators & super mods do not have any means of communication with the Oga @ the top except via emails?

So all the mentions of the other mods, enquiring about you did not yield anything?

The sudden silence made me to fear the worst. I honestly thought something much bigger had happened to you. Well, welcome back.

PS: I sincerely entertained the thought that you had probably hibernated the Justwise persona, and reincarnated in another form (Most likely as Kumbhuru) to give us all a taste of what the thread would feel like, without a moderator.

My brother, Nnoo

I'm not sure about supermods AND other mods but personally that is the fact.

I saw those mentions when i logged back yesterday and i honestly appreciate every single person that asked and seek to know my whereabout.

I received a lot emails from some nairalanders but i could not reply because that email address was spoofed by a nairalander some yrs back, So i don't like replying emails from my inbox, i reply through my nairaland profile.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:50am On Jun 22
kumbhuru:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 11:19am On Jun 22
ReesheesuKnack:
@Justwise,

My brother, Nnoo

Loooooooooool. It worked. That kumbhuru needed sorting out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 11:23am On Jun 22
Good to have you back justwise.

With the amount of welcome back messages and mentions you can tell almost everyone was scared at some point. Glad you're okay.

But you sef, you're stubborn sha grin Coulda created a nu moniker to login to tell everyone you're fine.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 11:23am On Jun 22
justwise:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This is very mild for him. He has spent too much time on the politics page

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 11:26am On Jun 22
justwise:

I saw those mentions when i logged back yesterday and i honestly appreciate every single person that asked and seek to know my whereabout.

I received a lot emails from some nairalanders but i could not reply because that email address was spoofed by a nairalander some yrs back, So i don't like replying emails from my inbox, i reply through my nairaland profile.
I missed you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 11:28am On Jun 22
justwise:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
They all conspire against me to hate and bring me down just because I got a fully funded relocation to uk package.
I won't allow them bully me, so they started calling on you when they couldn't take the same measure of heat I reciprocated to them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 11:29am On Jun 22
missjekyll:

This is very mild for him. He has spent too much time on the politics page
I don't stay on politics page. I can refer you to optometrist or an ophthalmologist if you need one because my profile is clear enough to see. But hatred won't allow you to see
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:32pm On Jun 22
You people would not learn, with all your half visa's and envious of people that relocated (fully funded)....... 😂

I am hereby seeking a fully funded visa package + all encompassing accommodation + shopping packages...... 💳🛒😂🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 1:36pm On Jun 22
@hustla, where are you? Have you got the cybersecurity job?
Just checking as it has been a while
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 1:52pm On Jun 22
Can I take moringa seeds with me on flight?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 1:52pm On Jun 22
giselle237:

Proworks 750ml or 1litre .. keeps food piping hot for more than 6 hours.. and hot for upto 10 hours
Official price £18-£20 but amazon has the 750ml for £12
https://proworksbottles.com/collections/food-flasks/products/all-white-food-flask?variant=37314298151067
https://amzn.eu/d/0gocfQLM

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 2:40pm On Jun 22
dupyshoo:
@hustla, where are you? Have you got the cybersecurity job?
Just checking as it has been a while
Yes, @hustla where are you? Welcome back, Justwise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 3:25pm On Jun 22
@justwise

Phew soooooo glad you're fine.
I probably have your email from waaaaaay back over a decade ago before NL turned cray cray so I had already said I'd dig it up in case you still used it.
Welcome back
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 3:28pm On Jun 22
justwise:

Oh..wow. na wa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akorkor(f): 3:56pm On Jun 22
deept:

Scottish family party.

What happened to the conservatives, aren't they on the ballot?
Conservative is there. Are they good? So many pot holes in the country . I just want these ones out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22
Akorkor:

Conservative is there. Are they good? So many pot holes in the country . I just want these ones out

The SNP run Scotland
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 4:12pm On Jun 22
kumbhuru:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 4:15pm On Jun 22
kumbhuru:
Can I take morinha seed with me on flight?

You can take afternoonha if you like. I don't think it's illegal
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22
Hkana:
Good to have you back justwise.

With the amount of welcome back messages and mentions you can tell almost everyone was scared at some point. Glad you're okay.

But you sef, you're stubborn sha grin Coulda created a nu moniker to login to tell everyone you're fine.

grin grin i no fit shout..a lot happened during that period that i wouldn't want to go into here but ultimately i'm happy to be back here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lolli2pop: 4:33pm On Jun 22
kumbhuru:
Can I take morinha seed with me on flight?

Hiii sear, please are you flying before the 30th of June. I ordered a dress in Nigeria and I will appreciate it if you could help me bring it please. I am based in London, are you arriving at Heathrow?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22
kumbhuru:

They all conspire against me to hate and bring me down just because I got a fully funded relocation to uk package.
I won't allow them bully me, so they started calling on you when they couldn't take the same measure of heat I reciprocated to them.

I;m not sure about that, i have gone through some of the exchanges you had with people here and you did not respond politely in some cases

Many here are actually trying to help you with some vital info that will help you as you prepare to land.

A lot of people here are actually doing pretty well for themselves, only here to share their experiences for everyone to benefit.

So if you asked me i will say...take a deep breath.

Welcome to the UK, pretty soon you will be contributing your personal experiences
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Jun 22
babajeje123:

Yes, @hustla where are you? Welcome back, Justwise.

Thanks bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22
Taal17:
@justwise

Phew soooooo glad you're fine.
I probably have your email from waaaaaay back over a decade ago before NL turned cray cray so I had already said I'd dig it up in case you still used it.
Welcome back

Not anymore, that was part of the prob.

.. before NL turned cray cray.. grin grin those innocent yrs are gone

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:50pm On Jun 22
Lolli2pop:

Hiii sear, please are you flying before the 30th of June. I ordered a dress in Nigeria and I will appreciate it if you could help me bring it please. I am based in London, are you arriving at Heathrow?
I would have loved to but I was warned against helping anyone bring in anything. So I will humbly decline

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:50pm On Jun 22
justwise:

I;m not sure about that, i have gone through some of the exchanges you had with people here and you did not respond politely in some cases

Many here are actually trying to help you with some vital info that will help you as you prepare to land.

A lot of people here are actually doing pretty well for themselves, only here to share their experiences for everyone to benefit.

So if you asked me i will say...take a deep breath.

Welcome to the UK, pretty soon you will be contributing your personal experiences
You will agree with me that majority of them are being toxic.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:51pm On Jun 22
wonlasewonimi:

You can take afternoonha if you like. I don't think it's illegal
Please grow up
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by headofschool: 6:54pm On Jun 22
NASUWT has done a good job by breaking down what the teacher association wants and compare against manifesto of each party. Green party 💚 seems to be the best of them all. Labour touched on everything without saying anything in particular, no quantitative point, so they won't be held responsible if they only made a tiny contribution towards each point.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by headofschool: 7:05pm On Jun 22
Guys, please I need advice. My employer recently sent my 3yr CoS to me and while it's a good thing, the cost that goes along with it seems to be much at the moment as we just finished paying tuition fee. Loan companies needed us to have good credit score before we can be eligible for loans. Are there any alternatives we could try to be able to get a loan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (619) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: justwise(m), AgentXxx(m), Luchiano54, deept(m), Lexusgs430, LionInZion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.