Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,174 members, 7,913,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response (43400 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by franklingud(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2023
As a married man I will advice these young boys..

Do you want to be become a MAN and be addressed as a MAN?

So you want to be respected as a full grown man??

Then do what your father did, that made him to become a Man.

Or you can still remain a boy even if you are 50 years but not married....

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by PureFace1(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

You are just afraid

You are afraid of not getting married and getting married, you are stuck in the middle and don't know what is best.

You have to realized getting married and not getting married both have their own consequences and risks before you can choose.

Marriage can destroy a life if you chose the wrong partner and not getting married also come with its own stigmatization and disdain in Nigerian society, it also mean you have consign yourself to the possibility of loneliness without any emotional support from a partner till you die, so think wisely before you choose.

It is both risky but that's life, it is left to you to decide what you can risk. If you want a good partner for marriage the question should be are you ready to be a good partner yourself ? List realistic expectations and qualities you want in a partner according to your own values, expectations and qualities and look for that in men that are interested in you and you are interested in.

I don't think it should be that difficult if you are ready to be a good girl but the problems with most girls like you is that you don't want to submit to a man and you hate the responsibilities that come with being a wife but you can't have it both ways. If you want to be married you must be ready for the responsibilities that comes with it or remain single forever without any responsibilities and face the consequences that come with it too alone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 26, 2023
See them carry marriage matter for head like agege bread. Later they will say it doesn't benefit them grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by eventainment(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

Are you less than 31 and 25 and above and saying this? Then I believe you!
If you are less:it means that you might still be confused as a result of some heartbreaks here and there.
If you are above 31: it means you might be frustrated that the right man isn't coming forth.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by iWitnessLive: 3:49pm On May 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huqs3OL1ZO4

See what Emdee Tiamiyu has caused Nigerians.

See why he's trending.

Please like, share and subscribe.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by YelloweWest: 3:51pm On May 26, 2023
grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by bigdammyj: 3:52pm On May 26, 2023
Okay.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by sonature1: 3:54pm On May 26, 2023
Deciding not to get married is the worst decision anyone can make.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by alizma: 3:54pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

A simple answer to this question should reset your brain. If your parents had choose a dozen cat and goat instead of children, do you think you had been born?
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Psalmistproject: 3:55pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

They're right o! If you are to to be a man it's ok but a single lady in her menopause? Na only your saggy tits go tell you how you f'd up.

Just ensure you have a child wether married or not married.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Flamemignon1(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2023
God1000:
You don't know that getting married brings a lot of joy to our parents, they want to hug their grandchildren

Your parents won't be happy to live with you unmarried
What century are you living in? You don't need to get married to have kids

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by sheldonbbt: 3:55pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Your parents had the option to use a condom but they did not!
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by denko(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2023
Why are Nigerian like this "It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions" even with this quote you still type some unnecessary things. you can understand her hmm comprehension was offer in schools but most guys here missed it.
siofra:

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by LeyeWrites: 3:55pm On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life
that's a guy

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by webizone(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life

Ah there are many women like that. Especially in black american women. People like Ciara and Beyonce are very good examples. They sing songs that tell black women to reject men or to act some kind of way in disrespect to men in their lives while having long-standing relationships with their own men, who may even act unloyal towards them sometimes.

Good news is that some of the black women are now waking up, probably because their men are now travelling out to look for wives. Recently, Ciara starting singing a song like that again and there was a strong backlash from the women.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Bmaster(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

you are a complete definition of small girl,BIG wahala grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:56pm On May 26, 2023
A very useless post! The mods these days dey smoke weeds! My Naija parents, as if you get a foreigner as a parents! Too much nonsense and Notice me!
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by 001Lagos: 3:57pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

You don't wanna get married or men been rejecting you ?
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Aladdin1(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

People can find joy and satisfaction in the little things in life, like just waking up and showing up everyday. I don't have to have get married or have children to say I'm truly happy in life. That's all I'm saying.
deepdown you know you are not happy.you are just trying to console yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by surrogatesng: 3:58pm On May 26, 2023
Be my 2nd wife
siofra:

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by thaoriginator: 3:59pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Fine girl like you no want marry.. Who go come dey poke you? Certainly not those chickens, goats or innocent cats..

You need a good dick poking so you can produce fine fine gehs and bois with this ur gene cry
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Angelfrost(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
You're useless to your parent if you can't produce an offspring...

So, couples who get married and are childless for decades are 'useless'?!!

Please, tell us more! tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Jb95(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2023
Why is this thread on FP? angry angry
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Shimran(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2023
TsbAfrica:
What did the American parents say jare
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by abbeynism(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2023
This is the reality.
Most of the statement come from ladies. Knowing very well that dating and marriage market is tough and tougher to keep.
But instead of the world to accept polygamy, the ladies will sti be the one saying me and my husband, they have forget they would likely have female child that may find it hard to find a man.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Mayflowa(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2023
Redoil:
Your choice go ahead
But note when you get to 50 years and you are lonely dont run to those small boys to come and keep you company

Haha. People that marry still experience loneliness at 50. Some lose their spouse to divorce or death. Life nor balance. Many people were ruined because of marriage

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by simfrost90210: 4:03pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

🙄🙄🙄
What sort of thread is this?
What do you mean by "you told your naija parents?" Do you have foreign parents?

#Good-Riddance-To-Bad-Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2023
Which mod pushed this to FP bayi?

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 26, 2023
Any nonsense this siofra posts is straight to front page... Na u get Nairaland Seun and the mods what's really going on

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by HacheNoire: 4:05pm On May 26, 2023
Your choice. They should respect it.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by uptownemmygee(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2023
Deepocean:

In the real sense of your write-up, is it necessary you even get married? Cat, goats and pigs can really be your companions na. That lifestyle is really the best for you if I have to be honest with you.

You will make heaven for been sincere
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Savedday2: 4:06pm On May 26, 2023
Instead of you to say no man will ever accept to marry ur sorry *SS . You here forming rubbish.

9ja girls are so useless. The only thing they are good for is one indomie and one egg.

Ashawo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of Couple In Native Attires / Secondary School Students Buying Valentine Gifts At A Shop (Photo) / What I Did To A Female Friend That Brother Zoned Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.